OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Nani Man, are you worried that you might catch on fire from tanning too much (You have desolate island in SSB)

Hi Nani, I have been a member of the Monotype community for almost a year now. I remember looking forward to waking up every morning at entering the room to chat it up and battle in tournaments with my favorite meta. Although I am not much involved as I was before, I still hold fond memories of the room, and in particular, the staff. With all of this background, there's always been a question I've wanted to ask you regarding the meta.

When is Katy becoming admin? K thx

PS: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ UNBAN SLOWBRONITE OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Nani Man

__what__ does nani mean
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do you think of the OM community?
OM community is tanned af. Really nice people around so it makes being involved in Monotype that much more fun

Do any of the God Rank pokemon have actual serious niches?

WiiU, XBox One, or PS4?

3DS or PSVita?
hahah probably not, though Surskit I guess can be used for troll Sticky Web on Water Type teams. Reasons explained below
Xbox One and 3DS :P

Is Sticky Web viable on water with Surskit as a setter?
Honestly, it can be used help slow down scarfers that threaten Greninja and allow Kingdra to outspeed those threats as well after a Dragon Dance, so it can be used if you are aiming for a Swift Swim/HO Water style team. Gimmicky (and really not popular since stall water is the best), but can work.
Am I your favorite

Who is the most tanned woman in the world
hahaha yeah man for sure. praise TI

Most tanned woman would have to be Pamela Anderson (pre-aids / baywatch version).

"Nani" (Actually Naan Ee) in my native tongue, Tamil (Which, by the way, is the oldest surviving language in the world) means "I am (a) fly". There's even a movie by that name, where a fly plays the role of a superhero.

How does this make you feel Nani Man?
I feel like a tanned fly.
rof me sensually?
tan me? is cacturne also viable?
/me rof unfixable sensually
/me tans unfixable sensually

And not really man. Cacturne can be used on Grass since grass mono teams does not have much priority, so that's one niche right there.
Hello tanned friend (yes you are tanned :p)

most overrated mon in Monotype?

Cofagrigus: hot or not?
Would have to be Landorus-T I guess.
Definite hot.

Who's tanner, me or (rof) The Immortal?

If you could tan anyone on Smogon, who would it be?
ahaha I can't decide. It's a tan overload imo
If I could tan anyone on Smogon, it would definitely be this sexy tanned female user called fishy (never spoken to them but hopefully this will change and she comes to australia and then we can summon exodia together)

How banhappy do you think the OU community is?
I think all bans have been appropriate so I'd say not so much.

Favorite tier to ladder in aside from Monotype?

When will you stop being so unlucky?

:]
After tanned monotype, it would be OU.
I'll stop being unlucky when people don't say "glhf" to me :P

Hi Mani Nan
Hello tanned friend Mandarin

What is the best type in Monotype, and why is it Ice?
hahaha I'd have to say Flying (such a surprize, right?). Mainly due to it being the most diverse type as it has loads of viable pokemon and options to choose from, making it hard for other types to prepare for all those potential threats.

What is the best Pokemon in Monotype, and why is it Pikachu?
rof. If I had to choose, it would be Skarmory as it is a necessity on its respective types.

Can you please explain the tan joke? It's an inside joke and I'm not hip enough to get it

Would you be willing to do mantyke only no species clause tournaments and call it the Monotyke olympics? I'd enter
The art of tan is something that cannot be taught. You must adapt and evolve into it. And yes, that is a great idea. Balanced Hackmons Monotyke Olympics will begin shortly.

Nani Man, are you worried that you might catch on fire from tanning too much (You have desolate island in SSB)
hahaha yes friend, even though I wear sunscreen at all times it does not stop the mighty tan.

Why do you prefer tan than ban ?
I tan females and then I ban females. Safest way to live

Hi Nani, I have been a member of the Monotype community for almost a year now. I remember looking forward to waking up every morning at entering the room to chat it up and battle in tournaments with my favorite meta. Although I am not much involved as I was before, I still hold fond memories of the room, and in particular, the staff. With all of this background, there's always been a question I've wanted to ask you regarding the meta.

When is Katy becoming admin? K thx

PS: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ UNBAN SLOWBRONITE OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
hahah she will become admin when she learns to summon exodia

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Who's the most tanned female in monotype? Anttya, Shaymin, Zinnia or Briyella when she visits?

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Who is the unluckier out of the two of us?

Is Anttya a hacker?

And last but not least, what are your opinions on the shining tier known as RU?

OM Interview #9: Snaquaza
I sat down with this Snaquaza to discuss certain aspects of his life and the forums, enjoy the read!

Hey there Snaq!

Hey fixy n.n

So, tell me, Snaquaza, what is your favorite Pokemon?

I guess Glalie, though I like nearly all of them so it's really hard to decide. Base Glalie btw, for some reason a huge floating icy head appeals to me.

oooh, noice. Can you inform the readers about yourself? Nothing too personal; we don't need to know your toilet paper brand!

Well I'm from the Netherlands, am 15 years old and have loved Pokemon ever since I was 6, though I got my first game when I was 7. I go to school, but never have had too much trouble with that, so I waste most of my time here.

So, what OMs, besides your own, do you like and / or play?

I've played all at times really, since I really like the ability to be creative and that you can do whatever you want. I love AAA, but lately every time I've attempted to build one it reverted to Inheritance at some point. I generally tend to have (had, sometimes my teams get deleted) a team for many metas, if something looks somewhat creative or fun, chances are I'll have a team for it. I kinda play most OM ladders, besides BH, 1v1 and PU. I'm not really a player that sticks to one tier if it isn't clear.

I see, I see. What playstyle do you typically run? Or is it varied?

It's kinda varied, but lately I tend to build for Offense, Balance or anything in between. I like those more because games are quicker and it's stupid if you can't break through stall, though it can be decent if they just fall to your team, as long as the battle isn't too long as it'll get boring. I like having the ability to switch in though, I rely a lot on that, so even when I play with offense I try to switch in on resistances. I hate saccing stuff unless I'm sure they're useless.

What's your all-time favorite, super cool OM? Is it inheritance? No ability? Let us know!

I actually love the old Suicide Cup, without the doubles. May be biased against it, but I have good memories of it. Though I don't like stall that much usually, there it was cool because you should always be paying attention there, because Taunt, Skill swap and whatever are extremely dangerous. Finding ways while battling to cause the opponent to lose later, like losing PP earlier is cool too, even if the stalling may be boring when it's only PP stalling. Normally I just don't like stalling because there may not be a lot which you can do.

Interesting. So, where did you get the idea for inheritance? It's been quite popular since the creations!

Honestly, it's been quite long since the idea. I thought of it back in October or September when submissions were closed. It took really long to get accepted. I don't remember how I exactly thought of it, but unlike most would think, I didn't just think "What if Keldeo got Primordial Sea and KyogreP's movepool?" I was probably browsing ideas and came to think of stuff getting both ability and movepool from each other, which sounded cool as it had a lot of creativity, but still restricted. Finally, the name idea was because I keep getting my mail spammed by a site called heritage, so because it had to do with families and getting stuff from them, I thought of "inheritage", since you basically get stuff from another Pokemon. Then because I didn't know it had to be Inheritance, as the site was Inheritage, Eevee told me to change the name in the submission thread, which regretted many ;[

Do you think Inhertiance is going to win OMotM?

Yes, unless someone pulls a stunt and randomly tells 100 people to vote some other. It seems to be more popular than all challenge-only options already, and about as popular as some ladders,even though we don't know what will happen once it will actually get a ladder. I hope it'll be really active and stay as fun though, as it's one of the most common tour tiers rn. I didn't expect it to be this popular at all, I expected to be a decent OM, but just a small thing. But on the first day people were asking for tours already!

Who do you think is an underrated user on the forums right now? Be it quality of OMs, their level of contributions, creativeness, etc?

I honestly don't really know at this moment, though I guess Hack_Guy is cool. He makes decent posts and has an awesome OM in Linked.

How about for the room? Any users you could see going far in the future?

I think Lucina has great potential honestly, but she just needs to get a bit more knowledge of OMs besides Monotype. Sometimes she doesn't know some standard stuff, but she's a great contributor and really enthusiastic. For some reason her activity is down a little again, but I hope she picks it up again soon~

Is unfixable superior to you? There is only one answer and it is three letters long.

+Snaquaza: yes!

Any final words for our readers?

+Snaquaza:
unfixable is amazing and i love him and wish i could be him
+unfixable: ;o

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is everybody on this site so damn young? I'm only 20 and I feel old.

Where does your username come from?
It's Snake + Rayquaza and I literally needed a username for PS when I joined back in November 2012. I only made some ubers teams since I couldn't obtain those Pokemon in gen 4 and I didn't have Gen 3. I saw Rayquaza, noticed it was a snake, and combined the two.

Snaq=Snack?
Did you break coppa when you joined? It would appear to me you did o.o but idk
Opinion on bh chatter?
Do you have any idea what this tan joke thing is? Would you be able to explain it to the confused masses?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What is your least favorite pokerman?
On a scale of 1-10 how bad is imas? (10 being terribad, 1 being amazing)
What is your favorite type?
Probably Simisear, I don't really dislike any though
imas is pretty good but 10 because imas
Ice
Snaq=Snack?
Did you break coppa when you joined? It would appear to me you did o.o but idk
Opinion on bh chatter?
Do you have any idea what this tan joke thing is? Would you be able to explain it to the confused masses?
No. I was 13 and like a half. I was 13 and a month when I joined PS.
I don't really play BH but chatter sucks.
Nope, though Nani Man has tanned me a fair bit.

No. I was 13 and like a half. I was 13 and a month when I joined PS.
why are we twins?
post count is similar joined in april and were 13 1/2 when PS. and our birthdays are similar. and we don't play BH 1v1 or PU.

lol.

Anyway what inspired you to make aqua and call it aqua?

Thoughts on:

Favorite genre of game?

Is there anything you'd like to see added/removed/changed on PS!

What pokemon do you wish were better?

Do you see yourself as a leader mostly, or mainly a follower.

EV

Banned deucer.
Are you happy with Glalie's mega evolution design?
Do you find it funny that it looks like a snake's head unhinged ready to swallow an egg and your name is snake+rayquaza?
If Ice is your favorite type what's your fourth?
If you could choose any user with Eevee in their name as your favorite mod on Smogon, who would it be, generally speaking?

Fun Fact: Molk, the now RU Leader became RU Leader when he was 16. That's right. Leader of a mainstream tier at 16! And when he first joined Smogon, he was banned for some time for being an immature poster.

So don't worry. And I'm 22. We're all in the mix.

Snaquazza:

1. If you had to choose between killing The Immortal or Eevee General to make Unfixable the OM Co-Leader, who would you kill?

2. What plans do you have for promoting or organising Aqua, the now beta testing hub for new OMs?

3. Will OMs and its permanent ladder be ever put at par with the mainstream tiers?

Do you think your life is meaningful so far?

When you read above question, do you feel happy or not?

What kind of music do you like?

How often do you play pokemon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)