OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
What is your favorite Pokemon to use with the ability Imposter, and why is it Pikachu?

Why is BH so fun to play, in your opinion?

What set(s) from Gen V BH do you wish you would've seen more of in Gen VI BH?

Which do you like more, pre-EV limit BH or post-EV limit BH, and why?

Goomy y/n

As you said in the interview, tiering is extremely hard in BH. There are a lot of threats that are not exceptionally overpowered or centralising, but have a few undesirable aspects that profoundly affect the metagame. In what case does a threat become broken?

Hypothetically, if the Greninja suspect occurred in the BH suspect thread (without the influence of BH threats,) do you think it would be banned?

Stall in BH has always been rather controversial, since battles last extremely long according to the community. What's your opinion on Stall in BH?

If you could ban one thing, no questions asked, what would it be? Apply this question to as many tiers / metas you want.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've been in and out of Internet-available areas for a long amount of time, so not really. I'm going to respond to a few.

As a hyper offense player, if you were forced to play Adrian levels of stall from now on in Pokemon, how quickly would you quit?
No. I actually played semistall in gen 5 UU. Generally speaking I prefer to play bipolar styles of play. The main reason I oriented towards HO in BH had to do with the fact that I joined when Huge/Pure Power was legal, and HO was the only viable playstyle.

Hypothetical question, but one I worry about ever since the EV limit was discovered: if BH became literally impossible to play on a cart because of built-in checks for illegal moves and abilities for battles against other players came into existence similar to how EVs are checked, what course of action would you take for the metagame?
What I want to do doesn't represent what PS will do, but BH would still exist, preferably but not necessarily with as little change as possible.

As you said in the interview, tiering is extremely hard in BH. There are a lot of threats that are not exceptionally overpowered or centralising, but have a few undesirable aspects that profoundly affect the metagame. In what case does a threat become broken?
Hypothetically, if the Greninja suspect occurred in the BH suspect thread (without the influence of BH threats,) do you think it would be banned?

I'm not really familiar with gen 6 OU, but from what I've read I personally would have not banned Greninja, since I'm used to a metagame that's centered around certain Pokemon. Based on past polls, I'd imagine that the BH community would not ban since Greninja isn't luck based (Chatter) and isn't polarizing to the point that you HAVE to dedicate multiple counters to it and run it (early gen 6 Rayquaza/early gen 5 Slaking).

Stall in BH has always been rather controversial, since battles last extremely long according to the community. What's your opinion on Stall in BH?
Stall's fine so long as it is purpose oriented. A HO team vs a stall team that goes 200 turns is fine so long as its anyone's game for the majority of the game. If it's clear that I'll lose in 200 turns and I can't fish a crit out of it I'll forfeit out of respect for time.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
#11: imas234 the Guardian of the OM Room!

Hey imas

Hey

Can you give some information about yourself?
As most of you should know, i'm from bangladesh. I'm 16 years old and am currently doing my A levels. And imas is my irl name backwards. Yes my name is Sami.

How did you get into Pokemon?
It was actually pretty recent. I never owned a nintendo device (still don't). Late 2013 or earlier I downloaded the gameboy emulator and played emerald which was the most downloaded GBA rom. I immediately fell in love with it, and after some time got into PS. I've played tons of romhacks since then, finished emerald a ton of times and even made a really bad romhack thing, but, the only games i actually finished are emerald and heartgold. I discovered natures and stuff, and it became a big deal to get the right natures and all that. I ended up getting bored halfway through the game trying to EV train/find the right nature.

How did you get into Other Metagames?
Well when I first joined PS I'd just play randbats and the lobby would stay open. So, one day I see a button in the lobby saying join for randbats tour. I clicked it and here i am, a huge tour with a bunch of people. My first tour in fact! I lost first round of course, but that was the first time in the OM room. I actually forgot which room it was after i left that day and only found it again when another button showed up some other time. manu 11 was the first friend i made here. and him along with other friends i made here along the way made me keep coming back.

What is your favorite OM?
Don't really have one, but I'll say Almost Any Ability since I play that the most. No idea why I like it actually, it's the only tier I ever did decent in, maybe that's the reason. I also like messing with abilities so that could be another one. I always find myself wishing certain 'mons had certain abilities, and AAA lets me have that.

What's your favorite underrated thing to use in AAA?
I'd say band Tough Claws Genesect. Genesect itself is used quite a bit, but not that set. Also, Regenerator Eviolite Magneton!

What's in your opinion the best forgotten OM?
Adrian Marin's meta Type Control. It had a huge following at one point and it was pretty cool finding new types and new threats. Was a really diverse meta. I don't know what happened to it, it just died at one point.

What do you like about the OM Room on PS?
Everything! I love the community, the tours and the OMs. This place is basically my PS home, i know almost everyone here and they know me. Also it helps that this is the only room I ever really spend time in.

Regarding that, a while ago you said you had no friends here. What happened to that statement?
Friends to me are people I actually know and talk to IRL, as much as you guys are my friends i don't know most of your real names or know what you look like. So, yeah. Snaquaza note: We know his! Look at the introduction.

What would you advice to people new to the OM room?
Be nice, try to help out and try not to act superior to other guys if you win vs someone or know the meta better than them. I see that way too much and i don't get it. I basically got to where i am for being nice to people lol so that should be solid "advice".

Who do you think is the best contributor to OMs right now?
Right now, I'd say you. You have all these cool projects running right now and you're always getting new oms out there. Inheritance is like the most popular new OM right now, I don't know how you handle all this shit.

Who is in your opinion an underrated PS OM contributor?
I'd say Chopin Alkaninoff, he leads lots of meta related discussions here, but people don't really know him much since he's usually quiet.

How do you like being staff in the OM room? What responsibilities come with it?
I love it! I think the hardest part is to know where to draw the line and finding appropriate punishments. I usually find myself second guessing my decisions. Also running tours with very little people sucks!

What do you think of the drama there has been around OMotM?
I think it kinda comes with the territory. You're obviously going to ask your friends to vote for your meta and they will vote for it. No use getting mad about it. Just play whatever get's selected that month and who knows maybe you'll even like it!

Any final words?
Ladder OMs more guys! If you never ladder thinking it's dead it actually will be :[

Hello imas I have very important questions for you:

a.) why do you suck so much? >:o
b.) do you remember being voiced at all? i really don't lol, just % and @ :p.
c.) explain your feud with ihyp? :o

imas234 said:
What's in your opinion the best forgotten OM?
Adrian Marin's meta Type Control. It had a huge following at one point and it was pretty cool finding new types and new threats. Was a really diverse meta. I don't know what happened to it, it just died at one point.
Barred from OMotM, died on the vine.

What's your favorite Mega Pokemon, and why?

What Mega Pokemon most disappointed you, and why?

What meta do you think Rattata completely breaks?

1. What do you say about Giratina-O being tested in OU?

2. Question #1, but apply to all OMs that follow OU banlist. What do you say?

3. What kind of music do you like?

4. LC UU. Do you think its pointless having the ladder exist?

5. If you answered yes in question #4, what do you think the best ladder to replace it?

6. Do you feel your life is meaningful now?

7. If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

You know, imas ask you a question..

what's the best pun you've ever made?
An inferior one to mine

1. Who's your favorite user? Not contributer, they can be fecal matter in terms of content, just someone who makes you laugh or is a fren
2. If you could ban anything from any OM, what would it be?
3. Do you ship #PeefShield

Last edited:
What sorts of things would you like to see in an OM that you find haven't really been touched on too much?

What OMs do you think deserve a permanent ladder?

Imas how you do you cope knowing that you have to fill Manu's shoes?

Will you ever actually get good at pokemon?

Could you maybe fix Unfixable for us? i think he is broken.

Also could you ban Deathly the King for me one of these days? Thank you very much.

Hello imas I have very important questions for you:

a.) why do you suck so much? >:o
b.) do you remember being voiced at all? i really don't lol, just % and @ :p.
c.) explain your feud with ihyp? :o
a)no u
b)yeah i do remember being voiced. manu and TI were the only staff on and i was actually afk when it happened. I came back and was like woah. edit: i found this screen :]

also, after that i flooded the chat and got told to talk in one line by TI :s
c)there's no feud, he just saks :')

Barred from OMotM, died on the vine.

What's your favorite Mega Pokemon, and why?

What Mega Pokemon most disappointed you, and why?

What meta do you think Rattata completely breaks?
I don't have a single favourite, but the ones i like to use/think looks really cool are the charizard megas, scizor mega, tyranitar mega and lucario mega.

I was disappointed by mega absol and mega heracross's designs; and mega gallade's ability :[ Absol mega doesn't really have a bad design, but i just liked the regular form a lot better. They made a mega a bit too girly.

LC nu imo.

Favorite battlers?

Opinions on Doduo?

Do you have a best battle replay?

Thoughts on 1v1 Mega Camerupt?

Why does ihyp always talk about you eating chocolate?
It's a pretty good mon, it was really strong in my LG playthrough, but sadly i never finished it because savefile corrupted :[ sad thing is i loved my team there the most out of all my playthroughs. The mons all had good natures + ev training.. all that work gone to waste. Tbh that kinda put me off mons for a while.

I don't really save replays unless i have to show someone something, almost all my replays are saved by other people. So, no. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/challengecup1vs1-172802539 this is probably the most famous replay i have tho

It's p good, deals with both zards + venu. But i haven't seen those mons in the ladder for a while so meh.

Idk i told him i was eating chocolate one time and then bam, he never stopped.

You know, imas ask you a question..

what's the best pun you've ever made?
I'm not punny :[

where did your name come from? imas seems random
Well imas as i said in the interview is my name backwards and 234 stemmed from the fact that 2+3+4=9 which is my birthday. It just made sense.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)