OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

see the pokebody/power

could you try to use mimez in a hyper offense team?
new question: why did you bother cteaming me (sort of) in ompl when you know you're the better player anyway?

Last edited:

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Favourite replay?
Shortest replay? (aka best)
Replay of you using offense to COMPLETELY DISMANTLE AND OBLITERATE stall?
Top 10 reasons why offense is great? I know the first four (It's amazing, it's awesome, it's OP, and it's fun) enlighten the world with the final 6 ;)
What games do you have for DS?
If you have any, do you do any competitive breeding or anything like that?
What is your favourite move? (if it's not V-Create I'm disappointed in you js)

Btw thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions :D
  • Favorite replay.. I have too many tbh. Atm, I do enjoy my replay of my game with Kumi in the OMPL. It really highlights my style of play against one of the best players in bh, and my firm belief in how an innovative set and not just nuke spam can completely shift the tide of a battle
  • I have had a few 6 turn wins but I never saved any of them ;-; it would probably take too long across all my alts to find one tbh. Unless you want to count this
  • I have a lot but I'll just pick this one cause Many a mime fell on this day
  • They are:
    1. It's amazing
    2. It's awesome
    3. It's OP
    4. It's fun
    5. You can destroy teams in a handful of turns
    6. You can satisfy your inner sadism and penchant for destruction
    7. Setup is cool
    8. OHKOs from full HP
    9. You can feel the despair of the opponents seeping through their entire body as they fight to balance wetting themselves in fear while cowering on their keyboards, with their gratefulness that Pokemon aren't actually real or they would be traumatized for life
    10. You aren't stalling
  • Platinum, Black2, Warioware DIY, Mario 3D land, Y Version and my brother has more, like Smash, X, White 1 and 2, Soul Silver, and a few more
  • I did competitive breeding from gen 3 (tip don't do it), so I have a few, including Metagross, Charizard, PorygonZ and more, though some have 30IV instead of 31 cause I got tired after the first 1500 eggs
  • Psystrike I'm afraid, and then Judgment. V-Create is a close third, but the drops kinda hold it back. It should've raised stats instead imo, it'd be a bit more balanced
  • Thanks for asking, like I said, this would just be awkward if noone asked anything
Do you play halo?
How good is basculin, on a scale from 1-10?
Do you prefer MnM or PP this month, and why? Do you enjoy both?
  • Yeah I do, not much MP anymore though. I own all the halos except 2, but I've played through all of the legendary campaigns of them all
  • Solid 7.8
  • I think I like MnM more; megastones offer more creativity imo than addind a single ability across the tier, plus it's cool to see what people come up with for sets even for the same mon
Would you be happy if InfernapeTropius11 stopped asking so many questions
If not, why?
How do you feel about this replay? http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/piccolo-balancedhackmonschallengecup-31
I believe it shows off my skills as a battle, in both offense and stall.

btw I don't worship stallz, I usually use offense
  • Idm really
  • Cause I know that at least one person is reading this stuff lel
  • Still more action than Kl4ng and Adrian Marin. And yeah, good work. You also made sure to follow the Principle of Dominant BH where you value the 6-0 the most
  • Great, although the "you" was more of a general person, than you specifically
Isn't your favorite type Fire? And if so, why is your favorite Pokemon not a Fire type?
  • Yes
  • Raymega transcends all types. Or should I say ascends
Thee, the one who hungers to abolish Stall is Unclean. Thou shalt perpetually be subjugated by the Pure and true sovereign, da holy mimez. To become clean, thee must recite: ☆*・゜゚・*MIMEZ WAVE!!*・゜゚・*☆KEEP THE STALL GOING ☆*・゜゚・*LETS GO MIME !*・゜゚・*☆ \⌒(o°‿°o)⌒/
Our work here is done.
How do you get so good at predicting?
  • Every meta has its trends, and the way people tend to play is also one, plus you can usually tell how a player plays within the first few turns. I try to see how they make their decisions; are they swift or do they take time to make a move, impetuous or cautious, misplay from pressure (or goading, which I use to my advantage) or simply don't care and stick to one plan no matter what? Predicting is nothing more than making an educated guess based on their team, their psychology and the general trend of the tier. It has become such an ingrained part of how I play that I often click moves almost in a detached manner
If you hate stall so much, why do you use it so often in Yugioh?
  • Using Exodia > using stall. Besides, that's the only deck I use stall in lol, and you kinda have to, given the limitations. I use defenses yes, but I like setting up strong mons even in Yugioh
What is your opinion on this image of Flint cosplaying as Mr. Mime?
View attachment 45476
Which opening do you use as white in chess? (If you don't say E4 I'm gonna be disappointed!)
If, hypothetically, stall would remain the same style of play but wouldn't take as long, would you play it?
Favorite console?
  • If I become a mime, then the mimes will have to adapt to me
  • Lol close, but I actually liked to open with E3 so I could setup the right castle, which I liked to do for some reason
  • Probably not, because it will sill have the basic problem of being reactive by definition, and my playstyle has always been to be proactive and set the tone and dictate the battle
  • I'm an Xbox person, though I appreciate both MS and Sony's showings on their consoles - and show disdain for the WiiU
Favorite legendary?
What in your opinion is the overall best mon in oms for hyper offense?
What is your opinion of Mix-and-Mega?

• Idk really, all the legendaries are cool
  • The oms all vary drastically in mechanics and based on who or what they allow, so a universal answer is not possible. In BH though, it's easily GroudonP, he can decimate every other mon in the whole tier, running nearly any set to success
  • I think it's a fun tier and great to fool around in, but like Linked before it, and Inheritance somewhat, it is too matchup based to be a truly competitive metagame
see the pokebody/power

could you try to use mimez in a hyper offense team?
new question: why did you bother cteaming me (sort of) in ompl when you know you're the better player anyway?
  • Mime is trash - except if it runs offense, then it's redeemable
  • Maybe.. it would probably be pixilate and a target at the end of slow pivots. It would still be ludicrously bad, I might as well use FEAR aron
  • I give every opponent due diligence and preparation if I can find the time, because, even if I'm the better player, the better player does not always win on the day based on a multitude of factors. I did not CT you strictly speaking, I "counter styled" you, while still trying to make my team able to handle most of the common threats
If E4 Flint plays Pokemon in a forest, and no one is there to see it, does he play offense?
  • Flint likes to hang out in volcanoes so your question is invalid - but the answer is yes
Why did I catch you publicly enthusiastic, to the point that it seemed like you preferred the play style over any other, about stall earlier today?
  • Temporary, to bolster Kl4ng 's confidence, since he so values my support and opinions so much. In any case, I still didn't say I preferred it over anything else

Also, thanks for all the questions guys and for reading my responses; don't let my deadpan tone fool you, I really think this is a lot of fun, and am glad I could be a part of it! I was looking forward to being interviewed ever since Snaquaza told me (and thanks to him as well, for doing so).

E: Sorry forgot to answer this one!

user E4 Flint why do you have the best taste in playstyle?
By following offense, you automatically have good taste B)

Last edited:
I would like to make a request?

Because of the tragic and awe-inspiring irony that would cause cherubs and seraphims to sing praises to a new god, da mimez, I would like to inquire about the possibility of interviewing the holiest Adrian Marin after the unclean E4 Flint

Is this possible?
Can we even force these polar opposites near enough to each other to be contained in a single thread?
What would result from this cacophony of irony?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic

Because of the tragic and awe-inspiring irony that would cause cherubs and seraphims to sing praises to a new god, da mimez, I would like to inquire about the possibility of interviewing the holiest Adrian Marin after the unclean E4 Flint

Is this possible?
Can we even force these polar opposites near enough to each other to be contained in a single thread?
Might be possible if he hadn't already been interviewed.

Hey Flint, I have a few questions for you \⌒(o°‿°o)⌒/

Are you happy about your ongoing therapy in our mimez conversation?
Is it true that offense pagans are anarchists that abuse Pokemon against their will, willingly letting them faint for their own selfish reasons?
We stallers try to preserve our Pokemon in the face of countless, heartless adversaries. Why must you continue to foster inhumanity?!
What is the most competent, pure and peerless playstyle, and why is it stall?

What do you think of the following godly set?

PRAISE (Mr. Mime) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Beam

Why is this thread dead?
How do you go from an average player to a godly, well-known HO player?
Thoughts on BH Mega Rayquaza?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've actually interviewed the next person (hint it's a person who's recently gotten important in the community), just have to upload it!

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
vhvbaudsasdui?
asdfajdsaf

thoughts on this image?
+1 although mine was also not bad

Is this possible?
Might be possible if he hadn't already been interviewed.
Hey Flint, I have a few questions for you \⌒(o°‿°o)⌒/

Are you happy about your ongoing therapy in our mimez conversation?
Is it true that offense pagans are anarchists that abuse Pokemon against their will, willingly letting them faint for their own selfish reasons?
We stallers try to preserve our Pokemon in the face of countless, heartless adversaries. Why must you continue to foster inhumanity?!
What is the most competent, pure and peerless playstyle, and why is it stall?
  • The only reason I am in the convo is to break you all from the inside. And it seems to be working since you guys have ranked me the highest, meaning you guys clearly devoutly follow my idea of stalling
  • Didn't you make suicide cup?
  • ^
  • Stall is definitely the most pure and peerless because no other playstyle does not so uniformly suck no matter what you use :^)
What do you think of the following godly set?

PRAISE (Mr. Mime) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Beam
Decent set although you should probably replace mime with a more competent mon. I've heard combee has more offensive presence than mime

Why is this thread dead?
How do you go from an average player to a godly, well-known HO player?
Thoughts on BH Mega Rayquaza?
  • Sorry I thought there wern't enough questions to answer except for inub's picture so I was waiting for more ;-;
  • I think what separates the average player from a good player more than anything is solid team construction that is founded upon good basic and tier specific knowledge. If you are a good teambuilder you can even make up for poor predicts and somewhat bad matchups. Prediction is the next skill but it can't save you if your team is just bad
  • LordMegaRay hallowed be thy name, all bow. I do think it is one of the best pokemon ever seen in BH, but just reined enough to not be broken (at least that's how it looks for now). I am glad it is in the tier
I wouldn't call him godly. In fact i wouldn't call any player godly, no matter how good they are.
He didn't even call me godly, but even if he did why does it matter to you enough to post purely for that? It's not like he's literally going to start a church of flint here lel.

Anyway this interview is almost at an end, once again thanks Snaquaza for interviewing me and thanks everyone for their questions! Hope to keep seeing you guys in the OM room.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SpartanMalice, the malice from Sparta?
Note: These sentences weren't literally what he said. He usually answered in small fragments so I had to past them together.

Hey

Yo

How did you get into Pokemon?
I played Blue in the 90s, approximately '98/'99, when I was a child. Competitively, I got into Shoddy Battle because of a group of friends of mine. I was quite a nub and used stuff like Infernape a lot. This was in gen 4, before the Garchomp ban, like 2009. I joined Smogon because my friends were into CAP. They told me to get in on it, and so I voted for Cyclohm. I believe Smogon was stricter with rules back then, so I put 1987 as my date of birth, as that was what I usually did when a site told me I was underage.

Anyway, I was mostly an on-and-off lurker, until 2013 at least. Then I joined Joim's Lab, because of either Joimmons or the Negative Metagame. Then I realized Joim's was a place with a ton of fun OMs. That way I got into OMs.

Why do you like OMs?
OMs are fun and they're creative. They make sure you think "outside the box" and thus require a lot of creativity compared to the standard tiers. Also, whether low or high ladder, in the standard tiers people tend to be obnoxious. Finally, theorymonning is fun and there's a lot of community interaction involved in that.

What would you recommend users new to OMs to do?
I'd suggest starting out simple. STABmons was simple, but is quite complicated and now it's even worse, so it's not good to start out with. Tier Shift is an okay start, because it's so similar to standard tiers. Luckily, most OMs have Viability Rankings now, so it's easier to teambuild.

What do you think of the fact you got Project Mods?
Most of my activity is in Pet Mods these days; fusion evolution is quite addictive and I post in some others as well. I moderate Pet Mods a bit, it makes my job easier. As for Submissions, I assume it's because I've played OMs for a while. I generally play a lot of them.

Who do you look up to?
I guess Adrian Marin and you. I just check people who I know I guess.

What is your favorite OM?
STABmons always had a special place. It was the first OM I was involved in. Tier Shift was fun too, so it was either of them. Back then, these were the OMs good enough to get permanent ladders and since I always sucked at BH...

What is the most underrated OM?
I feel like the Negative Metagame is quite underrated, as is Nature Swap, which seems to have lost its lustre. However, it's a very simple metagame with a promising concept. I kind of liked Offstat back in the day, but the Negative Metagame takes the cake for being underrated.

What OM do you support for OMotM?
There sure are a lot of candidates. For one I'd like No Haxmons (OU Reduced Hax) to be revived, I also want the return of AE, but I suppose it's too similar to AAA and Inheritance.

What playstyles do you like to use?
Well, you remember, my team is offense with a random Mandibuzz. I feel like this is always the case. I like to think I'm using balance, but others say it's offense.

What do you think of the OM room?
I mostly joined because I saw familiar faces: you, Adrian, Chuun, Eevee, Arhops, Mamp, Flint and a few others. These were users from Joim's, Tervari or a server I don't remember, but the point is, they are users I knew some way or another. Also, it's just a fun room. The only other room I visit is sports, but they troll my team 24/7. In the OM room, it's easier to talk as I've been a part of it for far over a year, so I feel at home.

Why do you think you got OM room staff?
Activity I guess? Also because I was a fairly well-known user: TI and Eevee know me from Joims, as do you and Chuun, so they knew they could trust me.

What do you think could be improved about OMs right now?
I really want Pet Mod of the Month. Some can be coded, some are quite creative and will give them a chance. Right now they're weird af, besides Fusion Evolution and SBB:OM.

Anything else you want to add?
  • &SpartanMalice: when are you interviewing yourself?

Lol SpartanMalice snaq already has an interview :P. Now the questions:

1. What is your association with Charizard? Do you play him in SSB or something?
2. If we could have 5 OMoTMs, which ones would they be?
3. If you could approve metas which one of mines would you approve?
4. Do you like the activity on Aqua?
5. Do you like your mon in SSB:OM?
6.  What do you think of this text?

Last edited:
Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Do you feel healthy when you answer those questions above?

Do you listen to music?

If yes, what kind of music do you listen to?

What do you think about yourself? Are you a serious type? Funny? Cheerful? Clumsy? Always Happy? Always in deep thoughts?

Are you annoyed when you answer my questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)