OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Opinions on AG?
Opinions on IT11's Xatu AG team?
Have you ever tried AG?
Have you ever tried 1v1?
Rate this 1v1 team regardless of the answer to the previous question?
DEG (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Focus Blast
- Endure

deg is better (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

worse than deg (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Do you know what birefringence is?
What music do you listen to?
What is your favourite film?
Favourite OM moderator (not yourself)?

Favourite colour of cow? (Don't worry, we won't label you as cow racist)
Do they even have cows in Canada eh?
What country do you import milk from then?
Maple syrup as a substitute for milk?
What's McDonalds like in your country?
Favourite fast food restaurant?
Are they generous with their maple syrup servings?
Tu parles français?
Opinion of Australia?
Who will win the 2016 Olympics? Who will win the 2018 Commonwealth Games?

Did OU ban my masquerain or yours?
Is 4919 also your bank account pin number?
Sorry for the questions!

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Can you answer AJA's list of questions?
Will you answer AJA's list of questions? If not, why not? If so, when?
If you could ban and unban one pokemon/move/ability/item from a metagame, which metagame would you pick? What would you ban and what would you unban?

EV

Banned deucer.
Are you pro-OU banlist in STABmons or (shudder) are you open to unbans such as Aegislash?
Biggest upset in OMGS?
Any bad blood you're bringing to OMPL IV?
King Kois or Everstone Eevees?
Why don't you use Shed in STABmons?
(To the audience) As some of you don't know, Classy popularized the standard NP+Taunt stallbreaker Thundurus set in STABmons. (To Classy) How can you sleep at night? Well I hope.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
that replay of me losing to xatu in your sig brings me unending shame

whats with your creepy xatu obsession?
best song on the undertale soundtrack?
what changes would you make to the bh banlist if you could?
what are you hoping for in gen 7 for bh?
my xatu obsession was from a lot of things, first there was its death sprite in XD, which really stood out to me. then there was mystery dungeon, where xatu was just super weird, and i loved it. but the MAIN thing was this:
found these on the internet one day, and it really made me shine to xatu's amazingness.

my favorite soundtrack is tied between two themes, ones unused though,
STMPWYFS is one of my favorite themes, its catchy, energetic, refrences bonetrousle and WD gaster, and to top it off, was a troll to the fanbase to make them think this was his theme, but nope, megalovania.
and the other one is pretty obvious, as i think its the best edition of megalovania toby has made to date.

i would definitely remove the EV limit, but since thats not technically a ban, id ban aeri and pixi, but keep refridgerate. ates are so centralizing and restrcitive to offensive teams, and i personally dont like them, but at least ref has SOME downsides.

as for gen 7 bh, theres one big one, fixing the EV restriction(but it will never happen) but nerfing boomburst to 110 base power would be nice. same with techno blast.

for long questions like goosers im just going to reply in bold inside the message:
Opinions on AG?
its fun. i still dont consider it a 100% om due to chaos specificly stating its not, but im not mad or anything its made its home here.
Opinions on IT11's Xatu AG team?
i was the one who told him to run xatu. i said it as a joke, but he took it seriously and it turns out xatu is good in AG...go figure.
Have you ever tried AG?
ive tried it seriously a few times, but i mostly just troll during tours by running 3 darkrai, 6 zekrom, etc. i dont know much about AG, so im pretty nooby.
Have you ever tried 1v1?
ive tried it, but its not my cup of tea. im good at predicting, but im TERRIBLE at predicting my foes leads in every meta, and 1v1 happens to be no different.
Rate this 1v1 team regardless of the answer to the previous question?
DEG (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Focus Blast
- Endure

deg is better (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

worse than deg (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

it looks solid? looks kinda weak to special scarf kyurem B if its still legal.
Do you know what birefringence is?
bird...fringence? no im afraid i do not.
What music do you listen to?
i mostly listen to dubstep, metal, techno, and VGM but i do have some guilty pleasure songs that are rap, rock, pop, and the like.
What is your favourite film?
i...don't really have one. i don't watch movies often, but if i HAD to pick, it would probably be harry potter.
Favourite OM moderator (not yourself)?
this is a hard one, because i like most moderators, and the ones i dont like, i don't really know. i guess atm, ransei is perhaps my favorite, with a few tagging along right behind him.

Favourite colour of cow? (Don't worry, we won't label you as cow racist)
brown i guess?
Do they even have cows in Canada eh?
yes. we do. we are a lot closer to your way of life then you think.
What country do you import milk from then?
...Canada
Maple syrup as a substitute for milk?
...no
What's McDonalds like in your country?
the same as your's probably except ours sells poutine.
Favourite fast food restaurant?
Harveys, basically a healthier tastier mc donalds
Are they generous with their maple syrup servings?
we dont eat maple syrup THAT often.
Tu parles français?
we actually had to learn some french in school. but i forgot most of it.
Opinion of Australia?
no opinion really...
Who will win the 2016 Olympics? Who will win the 2018 Commonwealth Games?
i dont actually follow these things anymore.
Did OU ban my masquerain or yours?
probably yours. because sticky web lead masq is legit bro.
Is 4919 also your bank account pin number?
id be pretty stupid if i used my username as my bank card number.
Sorry for the questions!
What Undertale run(s) did you do?
all of them. or at least the three main ones. genocide, pacifist, and around 3 neutrals.

Can you answer AJA's list of questions?
Will you answer AJA's list of questions? If not, why not? If so, when?
If you could ban and unban one pokemon/move/ability/item from a metagame, which metagame would you pick? What would you ban and what would you unban?
i CAN but i dont have that sort of time on me, so sorry aja,
no i wont due to my previous statement.
primal kyogre in BH, and id ban ates.

Are you pro-OU banlist in STABmons or (shudder) are you open to unbans such as Aegislash?
i wouldn't mind looking at certain mons for unbanning, but for what it is, i dont feel like its nessisary. as extra stabs don't really set it far apart from OU to the point of willingly unbanning stuff.
Biggest upset in OMGS?
everyone arguing at the end. like we had to actually modchat for once because of how salty and rude everyone was.
Any bad blood you're bringing to OMPL IV?
im not sure if im joining it this year or not tbh.
King Kois or Everstone Eevees?
everstone eevees has a better ring to it NGL
Why don't you use Shed in STABmons?
because its shed in stabmons...? too many pokemon have moves that outright crap on the bug, especially ones it used to beat. and hazards are more common. just too many downsides...but i might try it.
(To the audience) As some of you don't know, Classy popularized the standard NP+Taunt stallbreaker Thundurus set in STABmons. (To Classy) How can you sleep at night? Well I hope.
i sleep perfectly fine. all i did was put taunt on NP. its not THAT innovative. ive innovated far worse in bh. stuff im actually upset i did.

Last edited:
thoughts on freeing zekrom in stabmons?
on sleep clause in bh?
on species clause in bh?
on ability clause in bh?
if you could run any current om, what would it be
most intelligent poster on this forum
what do you do outside of pokemon? tv? sports? other games? actually go out of the house?
best overall om battler this generation

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thoughts on Xatu in STABmons NU?
Why is Shedinja such a god in bad STABmons round 2?
Most underrated OM poster / OMs battler?

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
thoughts on freeing zekrom in stabmons?
zek would be too much for stabmons without a doubt, DD, bolt strike, and outrage let it 2hko/ohko the entire tier, and the few that resist get nailed hard by a potential mixed/specs set with EP and focus blast. its basically kyurem without any of its bad traits, at the cost of 20 attack and a stronger stab option. which kyurem is still being suspected-for refrences sake.
on sleep clause in bh?
sleep clause would only be beneficial, as i feel like allthough it is not broken to spam sleep(as there are plenty of viable methods to eliminate it, i feel like a sleep clause would do nothing but help the meta, and prevent people from spamming dvoid on all mons, while also nerfing a lot of common offensive pokemon who LOVE nullifying their counters with sleep (eg, kyogre, ray, and gengar to name a few)
on species clause in bh?
much like sleep clause, i feel that even if its not broken, it only helps the meta. plus mm2y+x is a annoying combo, and removing it (both are mewtwo and thus would be forcing you to run one or the other) will help with the offensive outbreak that is currently destroying the tier...in my eyes.
on ability clause in bh?
ability clause is something i was fond of from the idea it came to existance, especially with a 2 ability restriction.it restricts mindless strategies, while also promoting creativity.
if you could run any current om, what would it be
personally, i am not a fan of running metagames, especially not popular ones, because it means im the one in charge of making all the decisions, which was never something i was fond of. if i was "Forced" to look after a metagame, it would probably be one im knowledgeable in like bh, or AAA, but im allready content with both the leaders, as i know they are very knowledgeable in the tiers, moreso then i am.
most intelligent poster on this forum
when i am reading posts, theres two people who stand out when it comes to how they post. and they are kumi and klang. both write very lengthy and detailed opinions and ive never once saw any contradictions in their massive walls of text. so imo, it would probably be klang, since he talks more. hes also very knowledgeable in every meta, which is something kumi isn't, mostly due to his absence.
what do you do outside of pokemon? tv? sports? other games? actually go out of the house?
i work as a PSW in a hospital. but other then that, i spend most of my days on the computer/hanging out with my friend/ex. as of recent, i spend more time watching youtube then watching television(like most people nowadays) and as for other games, i play smash bros, zelda, gta, saints row, and other games i cant remember. and as i said, when im not in the house, im either working, going outside for walks, or hanging out with my one friend. im not very social.
best overall om battler this generation
klang and flint are my two picks,flint is naturally skilled in almost every meta he plays...when he plays them, though i think klang might play a few more om's then flint does.
Thoughts on Xatu in STABmons NU?
ive tried it, and its pretty nice, its strong, has O-wing, and a powerful psystrike alongside the coveted magic bounce making bulky pokemon quiver at the sight of it.
Why is Shedinja such a god in bad STABmons round 2?
i never followed bad stabmons tour, so i wouldn't know.
Most underrated OM poster / OMs battler?
i honestly have no clue for either of these. the OM community is a rather small one, so we almost all know each others strong points. nobody is really "underrated" in my eyes. on top of that i don't judge people based on skill either enless they clearly stand out from the crowd. this is a hard question for me, one that i cannot give a specific answer to sorry.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
what does "abformented" mean???? i googled it and almost every result was you using it somewhere here (350 cup thread, this thread, bh suspect discussion thread, stabmons thread, etc.) not making fun of you if it's just a misspelling but i'm confused hawlp
you used "XD" in your post earlier this page are you ashamed of yourself?
you do know that InfernapeTropius = Piccolo Daimao right? :^)
do you follow hockey? (if you don't ur not canadian t b h)
fave nhl team?
fave active player?
fave player ever?
who's winning the cup?
who were you rooting for at the start of the playoffs?
happy edmonton didn't get 1st overall pick for the 5th consecutive year yn
any OMs you would unban hoopa-u in?
more to come

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
what does "abformented" mean???? i googled it and almost every result was you using it somewhere here (350 cup thread, this thread, bh suspect discussion thread, stabmons thread, etc.) not making fun of you if it's just a misspelling but i'm confused hawlp
aforementioned is the word i was looking for, but im too lazy to correct them.
you used "XD" in your post earlier this page are you ashamed of yourself?
no because pokemon XD: gale of darkness is not a game to be ashamed of.
you do know that InfernapeTropius = Piccolo Daimao right? :^)
if that was true, the world might be a better place :^)
do you follow hockey? (if you don't ur not canadian t b h)
my family is obsessed with it, but other then going to live games, it doesn't interest me.
fave nhl team?
TML is my familys favorite, and its the one i usually go to, so its kinda mine too.
fave active player?
i dont know any current players lmao.
fave player ever?
matt sundin
who's winning the cup?
not TML i can tell you that.
who were you rooting for at the start of the playoffs?
not TML i can tell you that.
happy edmonton didn't get 1st overall pick for the 5th consecutive year yn
no clue who that is. hockey isnt a "universally loved thing" here you know.
any OMs you would unban hoopa-u in?
no. hoopa is a little shit who needs to be banned in Inverse.
more to come

Stall or offense?
Thoughts on Lugia in BH?
What do you think about contrary in BH?
Have you ever played chess?
Second favorite BH strategy behind shed offense?
Favorite colour?
Do you like Tim Hortons? (hint: yes is the only correct answer to this question)
List from most to least fun: AAA, Inverse, STABmons, Tier Shift

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Stall or offense?
i like and am good at both playstyles. though i tend to lean more towards balance/balanceHO/ balancestall
Thoughts on Lugia in BH?
underrated, its really unique typingwise, and super bulky. its typing is a letdown, but so is giratinas.
What do you think about contrary in BH?
you mean "mindless killswitch"? or "contrary when used properly" because killswitch is annoying without imposter, and using it properly is annoying WITH imposter...you can never win.
Have you ever played chess?
not really. as a kid, i wasnt patient enough to learn everything about chess, and nowadays chess is rarely brought into my life so i cant learn it.
Second favorite BH strategy behind shed offense?
(you guys are going to hate me) but shed stall. i know its not what you guys want to hear, but legit. and dont ask whats after shed stall, because yes, its shed HO.
Favorite colour?
Green. which is another reason i love xatu
Do you like Tim Hortons? (hint: yes is the only correct answer to this question)
bruh, never ask such a pointless question again. as a fellow canadian i am dissapointed.
List from most to least fun: AAA, Inverse, STABmons, Tier Shift
Inverse, AAA, Stabmons, Tier shift. for reasoning, i like metas that go beyond standards, and allthough TS is cool, its still just "OU with more mons" likewise with stabmons, but some interesting new stuff pop out, and the concept is overall cool. AAA is second because albeit only changing abilities, abilities literally make or break pokemon, and severely alters the end outcome. and inverse is #1 because the concept is just beautiful (gamefreak stop holding out on us, your perhaps the best OM contributor to date) and the entire meta is flipped on its head. where else can you seriously tell me "normal types are banworthy"?
Is the shift key on your keyboard broken?
No WhY dO YoU aSK?

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
What is your avatar?
my avatar is a character called "Sans" from undertale. he is known for being the "Weakest monster" in undertale(what is with me and 1hp characters that i love so much?). i showed two songs up above in relation, and both are his theme. pretty boss songs imo.
Why would you do this to yourself? (the interview)
i think your asking the wrong person here, im not the one who picks who to interveiw :P
Are memes good or bad?
as my job as a moderator, they are bad...terrible...never use them. very gross to character.
as a everyday person...

ohshitwaddup

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Maybe a xatu mega?If yes, what stats and abilities?
Best om voice?
Best om driver?
Best om RO?
Best regular user who is not a voice?
Why do you think InfernapeTropius11 is not a driver, and you;re a voice?
When are we seeing a RMT from you?
Which Gen7 starter you prefer?Pick -> Popplio or Popplio or perhaps Popplio? This is gonna be a tough choice?
Lunaala or Salgaleo for Gen 7?

Thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles and/or Xenoblade Chronicles X, if any?

edit: also, thoughts on the YouTube channel SiIvaGunner?

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Maybe a xatu mega?If yes, what stats and abilities?
perhaps...i know people will give me so much anger for "making it op" but i think wonder guard suits mega xatu. as xatu is known for its psychic abilities, and since its focal point is its ability to see the future, it wouldnt be TOO much of a shock if they gave it an ability that can utilize predicting the future to give it immortality to attacks with wonder guard(the name also suits the concept, as both its english name and its japanese name (mysterious protection) can be interpreted as the ability to forsee attacks and block them with ease. on top of that, xatu's typing is by far not a good type, weakness to plenty of common types, meaning it wouldnt be THAT broken either. i could see it rising to ubers. as for stats, probably 20 in attack 30 in each bulk, and 10 in special attack and speed. though if i had to go for "second" id probably go with magic bounce still.
Best om voice?
i love most om voices as frens(and the ones i don't are mostly because i dont talk to them much), but if i have to "pick favorites" Klang probably wins, with kit, KS,IT11 and Piccolo falling not too far behind. though since klang is driver, im going to bias and pick IT11 since we talk more. then i do with the others.
Best om driver?
w...well....it...would be klang...? wait what. why is klang room voice AND room driver? but yeah, same thing applies here that i don't pick favorites.
Best om RO?
honestly, this is a tough one, as you can probably tell, im not a fan of "picking people" but if anyone, it would probably be flint, because me and him go a bit farther back then the other RO's do.
Best regular user who is not a voice?
oh god, this one actually requires me to think it through since i don't have /auth to go by...lmao...uhm...tbh, nobody really sticks out, its not that i don't like non-voices, its just that i dont pick favorites, and my memory is pretty crud as it is. sorry but i cant provide a definitive answer
Why do you think InfernapeTropius11 is not a driver, and you;re a voice?
im not a voice though :o im a room(lmao almost said global, though there was that one time...) moderator. unfortunatly i cannot disclose why here, as it breaks the auth chat rules. sorry!
When are we seeing a RMT from you?
i...literally just posted the only one i have done up in the chat :P "Robot hell" if you wanna look for it. its a pretty fun sand team. as for my NEXT one...ill probably make one once i have a good team on my hands.
Which Gen7 starter you prefer?Pick -> Popplio or Popplio or perhaps Popplio? This is gonna be a tough choice?
you know, its all going to be based on their final forms(which is a shocker because i dont like spoiling it) but if rowlet gets a top hat, then im picking it, if litten becomes a tiger im picking it, and if neither happen, im picking popplio. its not that i dont think pop is cute/cool looking, its just 1) rowlett becoming a classy owl just piques my interest. and 2) im actually "that guy" who always picks the fire starter first. since fire types are rare to find, and often are the best looking out of the trio in my eyes.
Lunaala or Salgaleo for Gen 7?
bacon bird, meet evil dreamcatcher bat bleck! seriously though, i really like lunaala's design, and even though its very...bizzare, thats what i like about it. its not just some stereotypical animal design like a Crescent snake, or a round meteor, actual thought was put into its design, and im really hoping its dark/fairy, as thats the only type that really stands out to me, being literally based off the moon, which is both a "Fairy" element and a "Dark" element. people say flying type, but i dont see it. its design and concept just SCREAMS fairy/dark.

Thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles and/or Xenoblade Chronicles X, if any?

edit: also, thoughts on the YouTube channel SiIvaGunner?
ive never played xenoblade, but ive seen some of the game, and looking at the game, the original is really good. but i never saw enough of chronicals to make a opinion, maybe ill play it to see.
and likewise the name siIva gunner doesn't ring any bells sorry.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I have one question. This very question is so important that all life has been depending on you to answer this question. Don't worry if it takes you several weeks to answer this question, it is intense.

You love Xatu, but what do you think of Ducklett?
not going to lie, i forget ducklett is a thing all the time. its very...redundant in my eyes. even if swanna is a half decent mon. its just like..."cool...another completely normal bird-looking pokemon with no unique features...nice..." at least swanna looks like its ready to shiv a bitch with its expression. literally ducklett is a duck. a light blue duck. nothing unique, nothing cool. just a literal..blue...duck. at least psyduck has a unique property to it with its headaches and unique design. sorry, but ducklett is just..eh... maybe if it didnt have such a blank expression unlike swanna, and showed some sass id like it a bit more.

Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music?

If yes, what kind of music do you listen to?

What do you think about June's OMotM and LCotMs? Are they fun? Boring?

If you have the power to add just one more permanent ladder, what meta would you add? Why?

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Do you think your life is meaningful right now?
well, probably not. being a introvert means i often prefer to be alone, and avoid contact with friends, family, etc. i dont have a serious "purpose" and thats fine by me.

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?
in my eyes, i don't need to have a meaningful life to be happy. having meaning implys i want to express myself. which is something introverts don't do.

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?
nah, everyone wants meaning, and everyone wants to know everyone elses meaning. as ive mentioned above, i dont want to have meaning. or at least, its not a priority.

Do you listen to music?
other then the weird shit i find online? yeah.

If yes, what kind of music do you listen to?
i listen to whatever i really feel like. metal, VGM, techno, dubstep, even rap, pop and classical from time to time. im very open minded to most music.

What do you think about June's OMotM and LCotMs? Are they fun? Boring?
both look very fun! though im a bit dissapointed enchanted items lost, not to dis NV's super cool meta or anything- i really love the idea, but i feel like enchanted items is just a meta i would enjoy a bit more. im kinda glad eevee made his meta LC, its actually a really neat concept, giving mons strong stab, or amazing coverage attacks.

If you have the power to add just one more permanent ladder, what meta would you add? Why?
mix and mega because its perhaps one of the most balanced metas out there in terms of "playstyles(stall, offense, HO and etc are all viable)" "concept(its simple yet adds a HUGE change to the meta norms. not many metas can do that)" and "variety(its nor too many viable pokemon, while also not having a massive shortage either, and you can "Semi" assume opponents sets, and even if your suprised its not a serious detrement but DOES cost you)" it was also one of the most popular OMoTM's out there, and for good reason. i dont praise metas often...even the ones i have to help manage!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)