OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
which mon should i breed next: timid jolteon or wait fuck you im doing timid jolteon

after that? timid: abra, litwick, dedenne, emolga, helioptile, jynx, voltorb, mrmime, pachirisu, charizard, or vulpix?

on another note, any idea why i have so many fking electric types in game?

sun or moon?

dumb owl, retarded seal thing, or cute fire kitty?

Yungoos or Furret?

favourite mon to use in mix and mega?

most common mon you use in mix and mega?

which one is truly the real goat: monte or gogoat?

fave mray set in ag?

fave mray set in bh?

fave mray set in lc? what do you mean it isnt legal in lc it doesnt have a pre-evolution o3o

acdc or imagine dragons?

taylor swift or katy perry?

fallout boy or one direction?

RO in OMs or global mod? (which one would you value more/do you want more)

why am i the greatest roomvoice OMs has?

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
which mon should i breed next: timid jolteon or wait fuck you im doing timid jolteon
Alright, you do that.
after that? timid: abra, litwick, dedenne, emolga, helioptile, jynx, voltorb, mrmime, pachirisu, charizard, or vulpix?
Charizard sounds nice.
on another note, any idea why i have so many fking electric types in game?
Zekrom gave you the responsibility to take care of them.
sun or moon?
Moon!
dumb owl, retarded seal thing, or cute fire kitty?
cute fire kitty!
Yungoos or Furret?
Furret tbh.
favourite mon to use in mix and mega?
Furret!
most common mon you use in mix and mega?
Terrakion or Zygarde. Probably Terrakion.
which one is truly the real goat: monte or gogoat?
monte.
fave mray set in ag?
MegaDelRay (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
fave mray set in bh?
Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
fave mray set in lc? what do you mean it isnt legal in lc it doesnt have a pre-evolution o3o

TI's pet (Yveltal) @ rainboworb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Primal Yveltal
Dark/Flying
Death Force - An ability that was originally supposed to permanently trap your opponent if they KO Yveltal until they faint but instead bugged out and made Yveltal or a Pokemon used after Yveltal immortal (or immune to any and all attacks).
126/161/115/161/118/99

Megamence 2.0 (Rayquaza) @ rainboworb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed​

Primal Rayquaza
Dragon/Flying
Aerilate - This Pokemon's Normal-type moves become Flying type and have 1.3x power.
105/160/120/150/120/125

"You can't kill Yveltal; it's literally death." "It's not death if it possessed Rayquaza's soul with immortality!"

acdc or imagine dragons?
imagine dragons
taylor swift or katy perry?
hmm swift? not too sure.
fallout boy or one direction?
neither
RO in OMs or global mod? (which one would you value more/do you want more)
Probably global mod because I can be what I am in the OM room, everywhere
why am i the greatest roomvoice OMs has?
Because you were crafted to be not 1 but 2 Pokemon? Probably by the mysterious Kid Wizard if this is true.
I have no other answer for this question.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
How many words can you make out of Other Metagames? I'll give you a head start.

Gather Some Teams

Reactions: Mq

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
How many words can you make out of Other Metagames? I'll give you a head start.

Gather Some Teams
Otter Meme H Saga

Horsea Met TEG & AM

Horsea get Tamea

Some Teams Gather

Other Memes Gate A

Teams Gather Some

Some Gather Teams

Other Metagames

Metagames Other

Meta Other Games

Games Other Meta

Reactions: Mq

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Another day, another interview! This time we are interviewing someone who never changes his forums avatar. That's right, it is...

[source]
Chopin Alkaninoff

I know the meaning behind your name, but others may not. So what is the reasoning your name is "Chopin Alkaninoff"?

Chopin Alkaninoff is actually merged from Chopin, Alkan and Rachmaninoff, three classical composers and pianists that composed some of the greatest piano pieces in my opinion.

What was your first ever Pokemon experience? How did you get into competitive Pokemon and more specifically Other Metagames?

My first Pokemon experience was Pokemon Crystal when I was like, 8 years old (I don't really remember). Then, I begin to really like Pokemon when I actually play Pokemon Sapphire and Emerald. I only catch very few things and solo run the entire game with Blaziken back then, as well as Kyogre and some HM slaves (because I don't like to follow Pokemon's "Gotta Catch them All" thing). I was interested in competitive scene in the middle of gen 4, back then I used Pokemon Online simulator to battle. After following competitive scene for like, 5 years or so, I eventually got bored of tiers like OU, or UU and because of that I quit for a while. At the beginning of ORAS, I started played Other Metagames and found it really fun because it encourage creativity to build teams. And the changes of OMotM every month prevents Other Metagames from getting boring. That's why I play it until now.

What has been your most favorite OMotM or LCotM and why? What was your least favorite and why?

My favorite OMotMs that I've played is tied between Sketchmons and Inheritance. Sketchmons is actually a meta with a simple concept but results in a very fun meta. And for people who say Stall is not viable, I say Stall is pretty underrated in Sketchmons, considering now behemoths like Mega Aggron, Landorus T, Doublade and Registeel now gets recovery. While Inheritance is just as fun and promotes creativity to build. Offense, Stall and Balance are all viable in Inheritance, so that's one of the beauty of it.

What is your favorite underrated Other Metagame?

My favourite underrated metagame? I always think Protean Palace was very underrated. It's one of the most fun OMs when it became LCotM. Sadly, it doesn't really have many plays because it was overshadowed by Mix and Mega, which was OMotM at the same time as when Protean Palace was LCotM. Other underrated meta is probably Nature Swap. It's actually a more versatile Stat Switch and I think it's a great concept, that's why it should be known more I think.

Do you have anything to tell players, new and old, about how to learn or get into Other Metagames?

How to get into Other Metagame? Because I've never played permanent ladder but I've always played OMotMs and LCotMs every month (and peaked ladders), my advice is, I can only give advice to anyone who try to get into new OMotMs and LCotMs (as I always do every month). What I did was, try to theorymon what's possibly the most powerful/broken threats in the meta, then try to counterplay the mentioned broken threats, because everyone will use that. As a result, I topped ladders by mostly carrying the Pokemon that handle and check/counter the broken threats and bring one of the many broken threats.

What are you most known for (doesn't have to be Pokemon related but can be)?

I am an amateur pianist in real life and I love music. I am probably known for my knowledge of classical music and some video game music (though I still don't know anything about anime music because I rarely watch them). I usually search for games and listen to their soundtracks and see if there are hidden "gems" among the soundtracks.

When will you change your avatar to something other than a Quagsire?

Idk. Quagsire is my default avatar when I created the account. I just... don't know what should I replace it.

Will you ever shorten your name to just "Chopin"?

No

What players do you look up to or are really good friends with within the OM community?

I like people who are friendly and being a good presence in chat and forums. Also not being banhappy when managing a meta. And also share the same interest in music. Probably baconbagon, Kl4ng, The Immortal, imas, Snaquaza, Eevee General and you nv are the ones who I look up to. And many others that have been friendly to me so far.

What are you looking forward to the most from Sun and Moon for the Other Metagames community?

I actually want one thing the most: great music. The main Pokemon series has always been overshadowed by it's spinoff game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series in terms of soundtracks. While it maybe not possible, I want Sun and Moon music to be in the same caliber as them in terms of quality. As for the metagame, I want more variety in Ability, Moves and type combinations so that it can be used in metas like BH, Sketchmons, Inheritance, Mix and Mega, etc.

Can you post a team from your favorite OMotM/LCotM and explain it?

A Sketchmons team copied from Other Metagames team dump, because I have no other team now that Diggersby and Shell Smash got banned.
Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Slack Off
- Roar

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Diamond Storm
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Trick

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough

This is my team that got me Platinum (1450 elo in ladder) in Core Laddering Challenge, as well as peaking the ladder when Sketchmons was OMotM. This team is still functional because there's no Shell Smash or Diggersby on this team, both which got banned pretty recently, spo you can still use it.

Basically, this is a powered up Sand Offense. Hippowdon serves as a Sandstorm and Hazard setter as well as a defogger and phazer at once. It's pretty good as it serves multiple roles in one slot. Excadrill and Mega Metagross are your main sweeper, while Heatran and Azumarill serves as revenge killers with Scarf and Extremespeed. Thundurus serves as a Stallbreaker and an emergency stop to boosting sweepers with Prankster Spore and it serves as a Special Attacker in the team.

This interview was probably the most interesting to read so far and I hope you guys have fun proposing questions n_n

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

What meta do you think will win OMotM this month?

Why does Enchanted Items appeal to so many people?

If you could change one thing about Inverse Battle, what would it be?

When is your piano thread coming?

1. Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

2. If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

3. Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

4. Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

5. What meta do you think will win OMotM this month?

6. Why does Enchanted Items appeal to so many people?

7. If you could change one thing about Inverse Battle, what would it be?

8. When is your piano thread coming?
1. One of the reasons I've been asking this questions in interviews is because I've yet to find what makes life meaningful itself. So the answer, not yet.

2. Probably share or contribute something you made to the world will make your life meaningful. Like inventors or composers, their inventions or compositions can be used or enjoyed by people. That's what defines a life being meaningful in my opinion. Doesn't have to be something big, at least make yourself productive to the world, not just yourself or your families.

3. No

4. Many things. I listen to almost all kinds of classical music, from Baroque era to Romantic era until Modern era. And that's just classical music. I listen to Video Game Soundtracks a lot more than classical music.

5. It looks like Enchanted Items won already, unless there's a miracle and rise Sketchmons' votes rapidly until it surpass Enchanted Items.

6. It's just two Abilities appeal to so many people, until they realize if the mon have crap native ability (like Mew and Keldeo), it basically only have one Ability and NO ITEMS. Because of that, mons with bad native ability in Enchanted Items tend to be unappealing to use.

7. Suspect Avalugg is one. There shouldn't be any other suspects if Avalugg wasn't suspected first.

8. Soon. In a couple of weeks or a month, I'll make a thread in Smeargle's studio for my piano performances. I just need to buy a good recording devices first.

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Favourite video game music? Mine would be

Overworld - The Legend of Zelda
Hyrule Temple - Zelda II
Song of Storms, Lost Woods, Gerudo Valley - Ocarina of Time
Song of Healing - Majora's Mask
Title Theme, Dragon Roost Island - The Wind Waker
Realm Overworld - Spirit Tracks
Ordon Village, Hyrule Field, Light Spirit's Message, Hidden Village, Midna's Lament, Midna's Theme, Sacred Grove, Malo Mart - Twilight Princess
Zelda's Lullaby, Ballad of the Goddess - Skyward Sword

Secret Slide - Super Mario 64

Green Greens, Gourmet Race - Kirby

Eight Melodies - EarthBound

wow i am a very worrying person

How do you feel about puns that are Chopped in?
Uh idk. Lol, I guess.

Favourite video game music? Mine would be

Overworld - The Legend of Zelda
Hyrule Temple - Zelda II
Song of Storms, Lost Woods, Gerudo Valley - Ocarina of Time
Song of Healing - Majora's Mask
Title Theme, Dragon Roost Island - The Wind Waker
Realm Overworld - Spirit Tracks
Ordon Village, Hyrule Field, Light Spirit's Message, Hidden Village, Midna's Lament, Midna's Theme, Sacred Grove, Malo Mart - Twilight Princess
Zelda's Lullaby, Ballad of the Goddess - Skyward Sword

Secret Slide - Super Mario 64

Green Greens, Gourmet Race - Kirby

Eight Melodies - EarthBound

wow i am a very worrying person
I kinda have weird tastes so you may not like it but check these out.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - Second Battle vs Dark Matter, what I currently arrange for piano.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates of Infinity - Second Battle vs Bittercold

Ace Combat Zero - Zero

Pokken Tournament - Dragon's Nest

Kirby Planet Robobot - vs Star Dream (First Phase)

Sound Voltex - Everlasting Message

Sound Voltex - Perserved Valkyria

Final Fantasy Piano Opera VII/VIII/IX - Force Your Way (this is a piano arrangement, not actually from the game)

Kingdom Hearts Piano Collections - Musique Pour la Tristesse de Xion (same as above)

And many others I forgot but that's my recommendation and I'd say you should listen to them. Yes, EVERY SINGLE one of them. I like soundtracks that has a lot of... musicality and probably not too much percussion heavy.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Why do people hate on the original avatars?

Fave mon from each type?

Meta you want to get into?

Do you play anything other than piano?

Do you play any video games other than Pokemon?

1. Why do people hate on the original avatars?

2. Fave mon from each type?

3. Meta you want to get into?

4. Do you play anything other than piano?

5. Do you play any video games other than Pokemon?
1. Idk. I've never heard people hating on original avatars so idk what you're talking about.

2. Uh let's see. I choose by design wise so...

Grass - Sceptile
Fire - Blaziken
Water - Kyogre
Ground - Garchomp
Flying - Mega Rayquaza
Fighting - Mega Mewtwo X
Dragon - see Flying
Psychic -see Fighting
Ice - Kyurem White
Bug - Mega Pinsir
Fairy - Gardevoir
Dark - Darkrai
Electric - Zapdos
Ghost - Gengar
Normal - Regigigas
Steel - Dialga
Rock - Archeops
Poison - Dragalge

3. AAA Ubers for now because it's confirmed to be LCotM and it looks like it's an extreme meta with all the powerful threats.

4. I only have piano at home so no.

5. No. I don't have any platforms and I don't even have 3Ds to play pokemon, so actually I don't play pokemon aside of simulators.

Last edited:
Opinion on Xenoblade Chronicles and/or Xenoblade Chronicles X, if any?

also can you change your avatar to something that isn't Quag? Seriously, fuck Quag

Most underrated Pokémon in Sketchmons, if any?

Reactions: nv
1. Opinion on Xenoblade Chronicles and/or Xenoblade Chronicles X, if any?

2. also can you change your avatar to something that isn't Quag? Seriously, fuck Quag

3. Most underrated Pokémon in Sketchmons, if any?
1. If you mean gameplay, then I don't know because I've never played them. But if you mean soundtracks, I've listened to some of them. They're good I think. Some of them kinda stand out. Some of them have Kingdom Heart-ish vibe, which is great. Overall, they're good in opinion. The X version have... kinda downgraded soundtreck from the original Xenoblade Chronicles in terms of quality in my opinion. Overall, the X version is just, okay but the original Xenoblade Chronicles have much better soundtrack than the X version.

2. Why are you hating on Quagsire?

3. Probably Doublade. It's a pain to take down even without recovery and now it has recovery, making it a much more troublesome mon to handle. Also, it can take advantage of No Guard and carry Dynamic Punch to hax you out in exchange of recovery and it'll also have perfect Ghost/Fighting coverage if it carries Dynamic Punch.

1. If you mean gameplay, then I don't know because I've never played them. But if you mean soundtracks, I've listened to some of them. They're good I think. Some of them kinda stand out. Some of them have Kingdom Heart-ish vibe, which is great. Overall, they're good in opinion. The X version have... kinda downgraded soundtreck from the original Xenoblade Chronicles in terms of quality in my opinion. Overall, the X version is just, okay but the original Xenoblade Chronicles have much better soundtrack than the X version.
around a dozen or so of the tracks in Xenoblade Chronicles' soundtrack were composed by Yoko Shimomura (including the main theme among others), so it's understandable why they'd remind you of Kingdom Hearts. and I definitely agree with you that X's soundtrack isn't as good as that of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, while I don't think it's bad it took me a lot longer to warm up to than that of the original.

and I was referring to the games as a whole, not just gameplay. the soundtrack is a good thing to talk about that regard since it's both one of the most praised parts of the original Xenoblade and one of my personal favorites (it made a lot of the story cutscenes have a lot more impact than they would otherwise, if you don't mind spoilers you should watch a few of the early-game cutscenes sometime)

2. Why are you hating on Quagsire?
because fuck stall, I have nothing against Quagsire's design though and in fact I kind of like it

What's are some of the songs you've had the most fun learning and playing?
What's are some of the hardest songs you've ever played/attempted?
How do you find songs to learn? Do you just buy books from music stores? Youtube and learn by ear? What websites do you use, if any?
What do you have to say about shamelessly stealing my likes in the sketchmons thread?

1. What's are some of the songs you've had the most fun learning and playing?
2. What's are some of the hardest songs you've ever played/attempted?
3. How do you find songs to learn? Do you just buy books from music stores? Youtube and learn by ear? What websites do you use, if any?
4. What do you have to say about shamelessly stealing my likes in the sketchmons thread?
I think you should know that songs and pieces are two different things. What I learn on piano are called pieces, not songs.

1. Idk. I think almost all pieces are just as fun to learn. But if I have to say, I'd say that the pieces of Final Fantasy Piano Opera VII/VIII/IX and Kingdom Hearts Piano Collections are some of the most fun to learn because it just feels... rewarding when you learn them, and they sound amazing when played right. Others are possibly the pieces I arrange myself, because I feel a sense of accomplishment when I finished arranging a piece even though I tend to make it TOO hard to play.

2. Chopin's Etudes, Ballades and Scherzi are easily some of the hardest pieces I've attempted. Others are probably Liszt's pieces, though not as deep as Chopin's musically so that Liszt's pieces tend to be easier to learn, though still technically challenging. I tend to ask myself when learning the pieces, "is this worth learning? Does it rewarding enough when you put so much effort?" Because of that I usually don't learn too many hard pieces as many of them are just.... not rewarding for the effort needed. Though if it feels rewarding, I try to learn it no matter how hard it is.

3. I usually don't buy books because it's a pain to find the piece I need and I usually just browse through Youtube or some sites, then download the sheets. I mean, why buy books when you can just download it with your iPad/whatever gadgets you have and print it yourself? That's more efficient than finding books. I usually learn pieces by ear only if I want to arrange the piece, as usually I try to find sheets first. The website? For classical pieces I usually find the sheets at imslp.org, while for others (video games or anime OP/ED) I usually just browse through YouTube or some random sites and find out if they have links to sheets, though finding sheets in Japanese sites are a problem.

4. What makes you become like-hungry? Being in Smogon is for having fun, not receiving as many likes as you can, unless there's some sort of conditions in your life that forces you to search for likes.

Last edited:
1. What are some underrated threats in sketchmons?

2. Thoughts on charjabug and why it's amazing?

Edit:
1. This,

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dynamic Punch
- Shadow Claw/Shadow Sneak
- Substitute

and this,

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Water Shuriken
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast

There are more but that's what I thought of at the moment.

2. It looks like a school bus that you can ride on and then transforms into a cool looking insect. It somewhat reminds me of Transformers just because it evolves from a vehicle.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Toughest decision you made?
Have you ever tried to ladder AG?Share a team if you actually laddered.
Which meta, other than sketchmon did you find the most fun to play?Gods and followers
Thoughts on IT11's new avatar?
SuMO has revealed 14 mons, you think any of them will hold greater cause?
Best time-passing activity?
If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?
What is your favorite disney movie?
What is your favorite music?
What was one of your most defining moments in life?
Why did you choose that profession?
Do you miss someone a lot right now?
Who is it?

Thank you for taking you time to answer them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)