OM Interviews (#16: In The Hills)

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Okay onto real stuff

* Would you still be able to be the most courteous user after you get in to laddering?

* Are these Pokemon viable in BH?
- Arceus-Dark
- Arceus-Poison (sorry sl42)
- Giratina-O
- Salamence-Mega
- Shiftry
- Volcanion

* We'd like to know more about you as a competitive player so how about sharing some teams like I did, if you would?

* So my CCAT team is currently building a BH team around Poison Heal MMX. What would you suggest as good partners?

Would you like to personally reprimand sw for this jasprose?
nah

Okay onto real stuff

* Would you still be able to be the most courteous user after you get in to laddering?

* Are these Pokemon viable in BH?
- Arceus-Dark
- Arceus-Poison (sorry sl42)
- Giratina-O
- Salamence-Mega
- Shiftry
- Volcanion

* We'd like to know more about you as a competitive player so how about sharing some teams like I did, if you would?

* So my CCAT team is currently building a BH team around Poison Heal MMX. What would you suggest as good partners?
probably not, or at least not in battles

i guess they're mostly viable, just bad, other than shiftry
don't use shiftry
old teams
imposter chansey is a good partner, also probs a good special attacker like moldy kiss mgar

Reveal team name so we can be hyped yes or no
one idea is the lucky lucarios, another could be skedaddling (or skeptical) skymins, but there are a lot more options too

Hello,
  • Favorite song while laddering/playing mons.
  • Also do you have anything particular you want to achieve IRL or just flow along.
  • Start playing AAA. y/y
  • How'd you choose your nick.
  • Considering your considerable sharp rise in OMs, what is one piece of advice you'd like to give to new users.
  • Now now, heard that geerat dude is awesome. Thoughts?
songs is a long list, but songs are important so im just gonna list a couple of them. Tbh though the songs i end up listening to while playing changes a lot over time, but the songs i've been listening to recently while laddering have been: it's a lie - the vamps, lose it - oh wonder, casanova - allie x, kissing strangers - dnce, round and round - selena gomez, naked - dnce, call me - mimi, lots of carly rae jepsen songs, some dua lipa songs, and more that i could list if anyone asked. I listed these all bc i dont rly have a fav one.
flow along i guess ? idk tbh which is low key an issue
aaa is fun, and i've been thinking about trying to get better at it, and then i remember im trash at it and that ph is everywhere
homestuck
be a nice user even if it's hard to do sometimes, also make friends since they'll help you, try to have some confidence, and join lots of tours - both room tours and bigger tours since the more you play the better you can be
ill have to take your word for it :o

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
y u such a lil bitch

jk ily <3333

what is the most cancerous school project youve ever done

on a scale of 17-pineapple, what are your thoughts on halloween falling on friday the 13th this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

What is the definition of jasprose?

What do you think about me asking these very same questions in all interviews?

How many months do you think an OMotM cooldown should be and why?

Thoughts on this post being the 30000th message inn this forum
Nice :o

y u such a lil bitch

jk ily <3333

what is the most cancerous school project youve ever done

on a scale of 17-pineapple, what are your thoughts on halloween falling on friday the 13th this year?
I just am
Idk tbh
V spooky

When are you posting PiC
Now!

Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

What is the definition of jasprose?

What do you think about me asking these very same questions in all interviews?

How many months do you think an OMotM cooldown should be and why?
Nope
Nothing
Nope
Yep, mostly pop songs (I have recommendations if anyone asks)
It's a character from a great webcomic called homestuck!
It's interesting to see what different people have to say when you ask them these questions
Hm idk tbh, bc one one hand a long cool down is nice since it gives other metas a chance to shine, but on the other hand, a shorter cooldown would make people be able to have the metas that they enjoy on showdown sooner

Nice stuff jasp!
1. Why so nice to everyone!
"i think im like sort of friends with maybe ?? but like if you asked them they might just say no." Same tbh...Are we friends lol? I guess I would say yes if someone ask but we don't really know each other much bc i only lurks chat x.x

2. What do you think is the most valuable aspect/highest rated skill for a BH player?
It seems that MU is always gonna stay as an issue due the variation/creativity that the meta offers, so the result of one game seems to say even less than the mainstream metas. So, do you think it is constantly creating new and effective anti-meta sets? or is it by studying your opponent and show a better understanding of the meta by constantly getting good MU and constantly win in tours? Or is it getting super high GXE on the ladder?

3. Thoughts on BH Plus for Gen 7?
I'm nice bc I want people to like me back since I'm defined by other people's opinions about me, and i have no reason to not be nice to people. That being said though there are a couple of users that just have been rude to me from the start without giving me a chance or just don't like me (even though they say that they don't) so im not always as nice to them as i am to everyone else
As for wether or not we're friends, I'd answer that with a maybe ?? Bc like we don't rly know each other but we also don't dislike each other so ??
Most valuable aspect is luck, without a doubt
That being said though, it's still good to have a mix of creativity and understanding the meta are still good. Gxe isn't important though imo
Idk what bh plus is so i don't rly have thoughts on it

Reactions: Ren

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
#7 Thimo | Kris: he wins opens without ghosting
[redacted]
thimo's great art

Hi Thimsy :D
Welcome

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm thimo.

How did you get into Pokémon?
Back when I was like 5 or something, my big brother asked me to play Pokémon Ruby Version for him so he could get Groudon on his Pokémon Sapphire Version cartridge. I enjoyed playing it and it kinda stuck with me over the last decade.

How about Pokémon Showdown and Anything Goes?
Back in the first year of high school I had to do this assignment for history class, and I needed a computer for it. My dad gave me his old laptop and the first thing I did was look up "Online Pokemon". I came on the Pokemon Online website and figured I had to download it. This however went horribly wrong as I had no experience with computers whatsoever. I decided to ditch whatever I downloaded because I couldn't open it. Then I found Pokémon Showdown! and it satisfied my needs. I played around some tiers and I stuck around Balanced Hackmons for the first couple months actually. It was back in Gen 5 and I enjoyed it. I actually managed to get around top 20 in the ladder. I experimented with other other metagames and settled in Monotype. After the first guy I found on ladder asked me to join his League, because I beat the guy. I joined the league and we didn't even have a room or something. Not even on a sideserver, but I moved up quickly in ranks. I soon settled in the Monotype community, and found about sideservers and other leagues. The league I was initially in died and I joined and leaved new ones. I was in a new league like every month. I did settle at a few leagues for more than just a few months but that time was quite irrelevant. After about 2 years of being stuck at sideservers I managed to join one of the better leagues at the time which was quite exclusive. I created the notorious Stall Water team at the time and from that point on I heard main had a monotype room. My activity moved from sideservers to the main server. On the main server I met a guy, Overseer. He wanted my Stall Water cause I won roomtours with it, but I refused. However he did pm me like every day still and we ended up becoming friends. Even though he was like this banned user from the room. I heard Anything Goes ladder was quite easy, so we gave it a try, and we hit around top 10 the first time. This was around Summer 2015. After school started me and Overseer didn't really talk much anymore and I didn't bother playing Anything Goes at the time. But I did get a new friend at school who also was into pokemon. A few weeks after school started we started playing pokemon during class. That's how I got interested in Anything Goes again, because I remember it being a fun tier. At home I started laddering it on one of my own alts and I found Cryptis, a guy who I knew from the monotype community, on the ladder. I was going like 40-0 or something, and he linked me the Anything Goes Discord server. I became more and more interested, the community was nice and decided to drop Monotype altogether, because it didn't do much good for me. Anything Goes is still cool though and not boring :)

Are there any other OMs at the moment that have piqued your interest?
At the moment, not really. I'm more drawn towards official tiers at the moment rather than other OMs.

What are your thoughts on the previous OMPL?
I felt like it was nice, but the way it was played out was somewhat of a mess. You could decide yourself whether you wanted to Bo1 or Bo3 which I think is weird. At the end of it, the teams that were losing also started losing interest, and I guess that sucks, but it happens in every teamtour.

Thoughts on the current AG seasonal?
The AG seasonal is a nice new addition to AG. It attracts more users and some new people stick around which I think is great. Notable people that never played AG before joined it and I think its quite a success.

Who's an underrated AG player in the current metagame?
Hard question, but I think racool deserves a nice mention. She is really far in the AG seasonal and she can become very potent if she sticks around.

What players do you look up to or are really good friends with within the AG/OM community?
Within the AG community I don't have anyone to look up to. I do have really good friends however, be it either long time friends which include Chloe, HunterStorm, thelinearcurve, DonnotheFirst, Yuga42, PurpleGatorade and Catalystic, as well as newer friends such as GRNBLN, Xynix, WTF THHE STALLS and Paycard.

Can you provide a niche set that you have created and explain how/why it works?

Vivillon @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance

It works because Anything Goes lacks a Sleep Clause. Firing off 98% accurate Sleep Powders is quite nice in a meta where literally nobody prepares for it. It does have a couple checks such as Ferrothorn, but shouldn't have much trouble setting up in general. It functions as Gen 6's Darkrai, using Sleep inducing moves to get yourself a free substitute, which you can use to setup with. Vivillons Hurricanes get strong quickly and Compoundeyes again helps bringing the Accuracy to 91%. It has a nice Confusion rate which can bail you out.

Xynix asks: What's the origin of your username?
It's my real name.

Cam asks: Do you think AG is going to be better in USUM or literally the same?
It'll be better, because hopefully move tutors will buff my favourite pokemons.

Catalystic asks: What are your thoughts on artificial intelligence?
what.

Erotic Pigeons asks: Do you eat macaroni and cheese with a spoon or fork?
I don't like cheese. I eat macaroni without the cheese with a fork.

Megazard asks: How often do you play while high?
once a week maybe

Do you have anything you'd like to say to finish off the interview?
amen

If you have any questions for Thimo, please ask them below!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)