Resource OM Teambuilding Shop

MAMP No worries about taking a while on that, it was meant to be a bit of an experimental challenge and I knew Absol would probably be tricky to work with. Any other requests I give you guys after this will (probably) be stuff that's certain to be more viable, unless you guys enjoy these kinds of challenges.

On Tough Claws vs Dazzling, I experimented a bit with the former in X/Y and ORAS and it worked pretty decently. Well, when it wasn't getting picked off/forced out by priority. TC might be decent with Psychic Terrain support now that I think of it. I might take and modify the team to try that out sometime.

But thanks again for taking that little crazy request on!

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons

Service: 1

Sets:
Zygarde-Complete @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Thousand Arrows
- Memento
- U-turn

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 0 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam
- Spore
- Tail Glow

Short Description:
Sort of a gimmick, but I believe that Zygod can surprise a wall to M-Ray, and proceed to use the real M-Ray to win. The main issue is that if the opponent has 2 walls, you're screwed. However, I think that it is possible for team support to beat other walls / Edit the M-Ray set to beat other walls. If the builder thinks of a better idea for a sweeper, feel free to use it, but the main idea of the team is to have illusion Zygod help a sweeper win.

Playstyle:
Balance, Offense, or Hyper Offence

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Metagame: 1v1

Short Description: sub reversal set for Lucario
I regret to inform you that building a perfect team using both of the suggested Pokemon is near impossible as Lycanroc can't beat a whole lot that Mega Lucario can't. However, I managed to build something that's almost usable, and I think this is about the best you're going to get with these mons, so here it is:

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Reversal
- Rock Tomb
- Magnet Rise

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Atk / 128 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest

Standard SubReversal Mega Lucario as requested alongside Choice Band Lycanroc Dusk. The Choice Band set was chosen over the Z move set as SubReversal Lucario covers what the freedom to switch moves would be useful against, already. From there, I make a list of what the two lost to, and found the a Groundium Zygarde is probably the best fit for the team. Have fun, but watch out for these mons as the team has no good way of dealing with them:
Taunt Mega Gyarados
Scarf Tapu Lele
Most Dragonite
Specs Magnezone
Mega Slowbro
Some Zygarde
Scarf Genesect
Greninja
Naganadel
Primarina
Tapu Fini
Band Sawk
Latios
Specs Pheromosa

If you'd like me to build a viable team around one or the other, feel free to resubmit as both Pokemon are viable on their own.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Metagame: 1v1
Sprite:

Tornadus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 216 Def / 84 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Grass Knot
Description: I usually never have problems teambuilding for 1v1, but this mon particularity has seemed to stump me. I like how it defeats Zard X & Y, Gyarados-M, and Venusaur-M mainly. Now the set could probably be better physical, but for now I want it special. If you see something on the set u wanna change then feel free, but keep it specially based.
Playstyle: Don't care.
rass Knot

Tornadus @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 216 Def / 84 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Grass Knot

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Flamethrower
- Yawn
- Protect

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 240 HP / 128 Atk / 96 Def / 44 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Charm

I decided to pair Tornadus with Mega Camerupt from the get-go as it can deal with Steel types super well, as well as Kyurem-B and Snorlax among others. I made a list of things that the two both lost to, and lo and behold, Z-Charm Mimikyu beats them all! Have fun!

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
  • Metagame: 1v1
  • Service: 1 (Comprehensive Teambuild)
  • -MEGA GENGAR
(ANY SET THAT WORKS)

• Short Description: I have no special reason why i want a build around gengar except it is a really cool mon and i dont have any m gar teams for this gen in 1v1.
  • Playstyle: N/A

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Sludge Wave
- Hypnosis

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Charge

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 232 HP / 232 SpD / 44 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

You requested that I build around Gengar, so here it is. I opted to not run standard offensive Hypnosis because it's too luck-reliant for my tastes and not the the Counter set because it's too prediction-reliant. This set can beat Donphan and Golem, nicely. Note how the whole team appears to lose to Donphan/Golem so that this lure can be used to the fullest. Aside from that, Hypnosis is still there because it's good lol.

Yet another lure, I decided to add Fairium Tapu Koko as a Kyurem-B counter (which no other Pokemon on the team counter). Aside from that, Koko also beats Gyarados which is a huge asset to the team.

These two together form a sort of two-thirds-core; that is, they cover up for each other super well, except one area in which both of them fail. This weakness is speedy Pokemon such as Naganadel, Greninja and Mega Lopunny. There's also some Pokemon such as Dragonite and Mimikyu that sleep rolls are necessary to beat. That's where specially defensive Flame Charge Will-O-Wisp Mega Charizard X comes in! (rof)

Overall, this squad is absolute fire and I'm super proud of it. Have fun!

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
  • Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
  • Service: 2
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
  • Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Adamant Nature
    - Facade
    - Shift Gear
    - Spore
    - Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Spectral Thief
    - Anchor Shot
    - Core Enforcer
    - Milk Drink

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Psychic Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Psycho Boost
    - Psystrike
    - Ice Beam
    - Moongeist Beam

Kyogre @ Toxic Orb
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Moonblast
    - Quiver Dance
    - Spore

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
    Sassy Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Spectral Thief
    - Shore Up
    - U-turn

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles
    Ability: Fur Coat
    Relaxed Nature
    - Roost
    - Core Enforcer
    - Rapid Spin
    - U-turn
  • Short Description: I've had this team for a pretty long time, and it works great until I approach 1500s and up, and then it just chokes. I think the main problem is that I'm weak to Psychic Surge Mewtwo-Mega-Y and set-up sweepers that carry Fire and Steel type coverage. I was thinking of making Kyogre-Primal a RegenVest set but I'm not sure.

Regigigas is just the normal set, nothing much added.
    Ferrothorn is a nice meme and also traps and eliminates opposing Poison Heal mons that don't have pivot moves and aren't Fairy type.
    Mewtwo-Mega-Y is a powerful nuke that OHKOs Audino-Mega and Zygarde-Complete that doesn't have Assault Vest.
    Kyogre-Primal is a bulky set-up sweeper with coverage to check Rayquaza-Mega, Zygarde-Complete, Gyarados-Mega, and Mewtwo-Mega-X.
    Audino-Mega is a nice wall that steals boosts and spreads burns.
    Zygarde-Complete is also a nice wall that removes hazards and checks PH Regigigas.

• Playstyle: Balance

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for taking so long with these requests. I've been pretty busy with university but managed to get most of them done. let me know if there's any problems with the teams, I looked over them quite a bit so hopefully they're fine.
Metagame: Anything Goes

Sets: Choice Band or Specs if that's a thing.
Short Description: I'm tired of using Thimos Psyspam offense on ladder and on my down time I'd like something else to use that isn't a sample team. It'll also be fun for when I'm laddering with the pals in call and get the perspective of the builder.
Playstyle: Offense, nothing too specific whatever you guys think best. No rush either.

http://pokepast.es/4ff874481424825e

Choiced Mega Ray can be used in a variety of ways but I decided to opt for a fairly basic offensive team here with some neat techs. Banded Rayquaza puts immense pressure on balanced and stall teams, so Life Orb Marshadow partners nicely as a means of pressuring offensive teams. The two work decently at breaking the other's checks as well, Rayquaza can put Marshadow's most prominent check in Arceus-Fairy within range of a Spectral Thief which is really handy, while other physically defensive Pokemon like Celesteela, Zygarde-Complete and support Arceus forms often struggle to deal with both attackers. The Marshadow set has Pursuit and Rock Tomb slashed and it's really up to you which one you use, Pursuit provides great support against Mega Gengar which otherwise can trap Rayquaza, Arceus-Fairy and weakened Necrozma while Rock Tomb can act as a lure to Ho-Oh which is otherwise quite annoying. From there I added a bit of a defensive backbone to complement the two relatively frail offensive Pokemon. Support Dusk Mane Necrozma is a great check to all the Fairy-types in the tier and works particularly well as a rocks setter here as a result. Arceus-Ground and Arceus-Fairy combined check most of the threatening physical attackers in the tier such as Rayquaza, Marshadow and Primal Groudon while providing anti-hazard support. The Arceus-Ground set might look a bit odd but Earthquake and Groundium Z allow it to avoid being trapped by Gothitelle, the additional power from Z-Earthquake can be useful in other situations as well. Arceus-Fairy has Magic Coat mostly as a filler so you can change that up for sure, I like Magic Coat personally to prevent hyper offensive teams from getting hazards while also making Arceus-Fairy more difficult to trap with Gothitelle. Lastly, Primal Groudon acts as a backup Xerneas check, Kyogre check and secondary wallbreaker with Swords Dance + Rest, the spread allows it to check these threats reliably, with wallbreaking being a secondary concern in most games. Hopefully you like this team, Ho-Oh balance can be a tough matchup but can be beaten with good plays.

Here's a replay to give you a sense of how the team works: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-671127161

Metagame: Gen7 Anything Goes
Sprites:

Short description:
I have Dusk Mane as a defensive rocksetter, probably with thunder wave, and want yveltal as a scarfed Necrozma-Killer. I have been interested in the new necrozma forms since they came out, but have been having difficulty making a good team that can counter/use them effectively. I am hoping that this core is usable. If it is not, feel free to post something on my profile page about why not. Thanks!
Playstyle: Balance/Offense

http://pokepast.es/5f7c42e93eedeb97

Because I didn't want it to end up too similar to the above team I decided to go the balance route for your core. Yveltal and Dusk Mane Necrozma definitely compliment each other nicely in terms of defensive synergy so it made building a bulkier team relatively easy. When I built this team I actually added the 6 Pokemon first then added sets for each one, so I'll go through the team sort of in the order I built it. Like I said, Yveltal and Dusk Mane Necrozma were a good start, the next thing I added was Zygarde-Complete. The biggest weakness shared by Necrozma and Yveltal was Fire-types like Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh, which neither could pressure particularly easily and both were heavily threatened by. Neither enjoyed taking on strong physical attackers either given that Yveltal was requested to be Scarfed, so Zygarde-Complete filled these gaps in nicely and had a lot of options that could be used to compliment the above 2. Next came Ferrothorn, as a Primal Kyogre check and was clearly needed at this point, having a secondary Steel-type also proves useful in drawn-out games against teams with multiple Toxic-using Arceus forms, and such drawn-out games are not uncommon with this team. To round off the team's defenses, Arceus-Fairy was added as a check to Marshadow, Dragon Dance Mega Rayquaza and Zygarde-Complete. Mega Gengar was the last Pokemon added and fits nicely as a revenge killer and provides some counterplay against bulkier teams. For the Gengar set I personally like Substitute to lead well against Nuzzle Smeargle but Destiny Bond works just as well if you'd prefer that. As I filled in the sets, I found that the initially requested sets of Bulky Dusk Mane Necrozma and Scarf Yveltal both fit well so I didn't make any changes to the standard sets. One thing that resulted was a free moveslot on Ferrothorn due to Necrozma having Stealth Rock so I decided to turn this into a hazard-stacking team of sorts. Coil + DTail Zygarde also fits this hazard stacking nature nicely, as do Scarf Yveltal and Mega Gengar, which can act as effective cleaners against weakened teams. One thing to note about this team is that battles will often be on the longer end, but it is a very consistent build that is rewarding when played right.

I actually used this team in AG seasonal so here's the replay if you want to see how the team gets played: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-670180914

EDIT: Upon further testing of this team I've noticed a weakness to Calm Mind Arceus-Steel. To fix this I changed Toxic to Earthquake on Necrozma. Toxic wasn't super necessary anyways, Earthquake allows it to handily counter Arceus-Steel and get extra chip damage on Primal Groudon. I updated the paste with the new importable.

Sprites:

Sets:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake / Rock Blast

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
(I really don't know what EVs people run on both of them as of late, sorry :--()

Short Description: From what I've seen so far in the AG room and in matches, Ultra Necrozma, while cool, is naturally taken care of by common stuff such as Celesteela, MSableye, Lugia, Darkceus, YGod, Marshadow, etc. From there, I think Xern would be a good partner with UNecro because it deals with Necro's checks fairly well, especially if Xern is Geo. Necro can also wear down Xern's checks such as PDon, enabling for a clean sweep. I never was one to build for myself so I'd like to see how the Mechanics go around this one.
Playstyle: Offense, but Balance is aight, too.

http://pokepast.es/d59003e5f70f5baf

While you didn't explicitly mention it in your post, I definitely think the two Pokemon you mentioned work best together on a Hyper Offensive team. I started by adding Deoxys-Speed as a suicide lead because Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma both rely heavily on chip damage to secure certain KOs. In this instance Spikes are especially helpful for putting common Defoggers within range of this team's sweepers making it much easier to keep pressure on the opponent. Mega Rayquaza got added next because it's such an amazing addition to any offensive team and it's really hard to justify not using it. In this instance Mega Rayquaza pressures both Primals as well as any physically bulky Pokemon that would check the remainder of the team. Marshadow was added next to combat priority from Extreme Killer Arceus that otherwise could cleanly sweep through the team. It also acts as a lure for Ho-Oh which can open up the way for a late-game Xerneas sweep if the opponent does happen to remove hazards. Lastly, Life Orb Yveltal with Taunt helps keep opposing Necrozma in check while providing even more priority, which stops opposing setup sweepers from running through this team. Taunt also helps keep hazards on the opponent's side of the field which is vital to keep pressure on the opponent. This team is pretty simple to use as once you set hazards it's very easy to overhwhelm defensively-oriented teams. Where the matchup is more complicated is against other offensive teams, at which point Mega Rayquaza and Xerneas become key due to their ability to boost their speed and potentially sweep through a frailer offensive team. Because it has both Mega Rayquaza and Ultra Necrozma this fulfills Aaronboyer 's request as well so consider this two birds with one stone. Watch out for opposing Marshadow when using this team, it has the potential to revenge kill a lot of the Pokemon on it and is hard to switch into given the lack of bulk here. Marshadow can't KO anything here from full unless it wins a speed tie with this team's Marshadow so keep that in mind when playing against it. This team is also quite flexible if you want to make changes, for example if you want to improve the matchup against offense you can easily use Scarf Yveltal here.

Here's a replay showing how the team plays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-671109020

GL Volkner Your team is built and thimo just needs to post it which will hopefully be sometime in the near future.

That's all, sorry again for taking so long on these requests and let me know if there's any issues.

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for taking so long with these requests. I've been pretty busy with university but managed to get most of them done. let me know if there's any problems with the teams, I looked over them quite a bit so hopefully they're fine.

Choiced Mega Ray can be used in a variety of ways but I decided to opt for a fairly basic offensive team here with some neat techs. Banded Rayquaza puts immense pressure on balanced and stall teams, so Life Orb Marshadow partners nicely as a means of pressuring offensive teams. The two work decently at breaking the other's checks as well, Rayquaza can put Marshadow's most prominent check in Arceus-Fairy within range of a Spectral Thief which is really handy, while other physically defensive Pokemon like Celesteela, Zygarde-Complete and support Arceus forms often struggle to deal with both attackers. The Marshadow set has Pursuit and Rock Tomb slashed and it's really up to you which one you use, Pursuit provides great support against Mega Gengar which otherwise can trap Rayquaza, Arceus-Fairy and weakened Necrozma while Rock Tomb can act as a lure to Ho-Oh which is otherwise quite annoying. From there I added a bit of a defensive backbone to complement the two relatively frail offensive Pokemon. Support Dusk Mane Necrozma is a great check to all the Fairy-types in the tier and works particularly well as a rocks setter here as a result. Arceus-Ground and Arceus-Fairy combined check most of the threatening physical attackers in the tier such as Rayquaza, Marshadow and Primal Groudon while providing anti-hazard support. The Arceus-Ground set might look a bit odd but Earthquake and Groundium Z allow it to avoid being trapped by Gothitelle, the additional power from Z-Earthquake can be useful in other situations as well. Arceus-Fairy has Magic Coat mostly as a filler so you can change that up for sure, I like Magic Coat personally to prevent hyper offensive teams from getting hazards while also making Arceus-Fairy more difficult to trap with Gothitelle. Lastly, Primal Groudon acts as a backup Xerneas check, Kyogre check and secondary wallbreaker with Swords Dance + Rest, the spread allows it to check these threats reliably, with wallbreaking being a secondary concern in most games. Hopefully you like this team, Ho-Oh balance can be a tough matchup but can be beaten with good plays.

Here's a replay to give you a sense of how the team works: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-671127161

http://pokepast.es/a896831a7fe1e088

Because I didn't want it to end up too similar to the above team I decided to go the balance route for your core. Yveltal and Dusk Mane Necrozma definitely compliment each other nicely in terms of defensive synergy so it made building a bulkier team relatively easy. When I built this team I actually added the 6 Pokemon first then added sets for each one, so I'll go through the team sort of in the order I built it. Like I said, Yveltal and Dusk Mane Necrozma were a good start, the next thing I added was Zygarde-Complete. The biggest weakness shared by Necrozma and Yveltal was Fire-types like Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh, which neither could pressure particularly easily and both were heavily threatened by. Neither enjoyed taking on strong physical attackers either given that Yveltal was requested to be Scarfed, so Zygarde-Complete filled these gaps in nicely and had a lot of options that could be used to compliment the above 2. Next came Ferrothorn, as a Primal Kyogre check and was clearly needed at this point, having a secondary Steel-type also proves useful in drawn-out games against teams with multiple Toxic-using Arceus forms, and such drawn-out games are not uncommon with this team. To round off the team's defenses, Arceus-Fairy was added as a check to Marshadow, Dragon Dance Mega Rayquaza and Zygarde-Complete. Mega Gengar was the last Pokemon added and fits nicely as a revenge killer and provides some counterplay against bulkier teams. For the Gengar set I personally like Substitute to lead well against Nuzzle Smeargle but Destiny Bond works just as well if you'd prefer that. As I filled in the sets, I found that the initially requested sets of Bulky Dusk Mane Necrozma and Scarf Yveltal both fit well so I didn't make any changes to the standard sets. One thing that resulted was a free moveslot on Ferrothorn due to Necrozma having Stealth Rock so I decided to turn this into a hazard-stacking team of sorts. Coil + DTail Zygarde also fits this hazard stacking nature nicely, as do Scarf Yveltal and Mega Gengar, which can act as effective cleaners against weakened teams. One thing to note about this team is that battles will often be on the longer end, but it is a very consistent build that is rewarding when played right.

I actually used this team in AG seasonal so here's the replay if you want to see how the team gets played: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-670180914

While you didn't explicitly mention it in your post, I definitely think the two Pokemon you mentioned work best together on a Hyper Offensive team. I started by adding Deoxys-Speed as a suicide lead because Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma both rely heavily on chip damage to secure certain KOs. In this instance Spikes are especially helpful for putting common Defoggers within range of this team's sweepers making it much easier to keep pressure on the opponent. Mega Rayquaza got added next because it's such an amazing addition to any offensive team and it's really hard to justify not using it. In this instance Mega Rayquaza pressures both Primals as well as any physically bulky Pokemon that would check the remainder of the team. Marshadow was added next to combat priority from Extreme Killer Arceus that otherwise could cleanly sweep through the team. It also acts as a lure for Ho-Oh which can open up the way for a late-game Xerneas sweep if the opponent does happen to remove hazards. Lastly, Life Orb Yveltal with Taunt helps keep opposing Necrozma in check while providing even more priority, which stops opposing setup sweepers from running through this team. Taunt also helps keep hazards on the opponent's side of the field which is vital to keep pressure on the opponent. This team is pretty simple to use as once you set hazards it's very easy to overhwhelm defensively-oriented teams. Where the matchup is more complicated is against other offensive teams, at which point Mega Rayquaza and Xerneas become key due to their ability to boost their speed and potentially sweep through a frailer offensive team. Because it has both Mega Rayquaza and Ultra Necrozma this fulfills Aaronboyer 's request as well so consider this two birds with one stone. Watch out for opposing Marshadow when using this team, it has the potential to revenge kill a lot of the Pokemon on it and is hard to switch into given the lack of bulk here. Marshadow can't KO anything here from full unless it wins a speed tie with this team's Marshadow so keep that in mind when playing against it. This team is also quite flexible if you want to make changes, for example if you want to improve the matchup against offense you can easily use Scarf Yveltal here.

Here's a replay showing how the team plays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-671109020

GL Volkner Your team is built and thimo just needs to post it which will hopefully be sometime in the near future.

That's all, sorry again for taking so long on these requests and let me know if there's any issues.
Thanks a ton! This team looks so cool!

Edit: this team is great! I have beaten several top 50 players with it!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-671398157
Vs. (formerly 17th place), 30-somethingth after I finished with him.

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
  • Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
  • Service: 2
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
  • Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant Nature
    - Facade
    - Shift Gear
    - Spore
    - Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    - Spectral Thief
    - Anchor Shot
    - Core Enforcer
    - Milk Drink

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Psychic Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Psycho Boost
    - Psystrike
    - Ice Beam
    - Moongeist Beam

Kyogre @ Toxic Orb
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Moonblast
    - Quiver Dance
    - Spore

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
    Sassy Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Spectral Thief
    - Shore Up
    - U-turn

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles
    Relaxed Nature
    - Roost
    - Core Enforcer
    - Rapid Spin
    - U-turn
  • Short Description: I've had this team for a pretty long time, and it works great until I approach 1500s and up, and then it just chokes. I think the main problem is that I'm weak to Psychic Surge Mewtwo-Mega-Y and set-up sweepers that carry Fire and Steel type coverage. I was thinking of making Kyogre-Primal a RegenVest set but I'm not sure.

Regigigas is just the normal set, nothing much added.
    Ferrothorn is a nice meme and also traps and eliminates opposing Poison Heal mons that don't have pivot moves and aren't Fairy type.
    Mewtwo-Mega-Y is a powerful nuke that OHKOs Audino-Mega and Zygarde-Complete that doesn't have Assault Vest.
    Kyogre-Primal is a bulky set-up sweeper with coverage to check Rayquaza-Mega, Zygarde-Complete, Gyarados-Mega, and Mewtwo-Mega-X.
    Audino-Mega is a nice wall that steals boosts and spreads burns.
    Zygarde-Complete is also a nice wall that removes hazards and checks PH Regigigas.

• Playstyle: Balance
reserving

• Metagame: STABmons
  • Service: 1
  • Sprites of Pokemon:
    +
  • Short Description: Bruxish is a mon that really interested me due to Dazzling negating priority, and so Fakespeed. I never considered playing it seriously until USUM, which gave it Photon Geyser, the reliable Psychic STAB it needed.
    Magnezone looks like a decent partner for it, as it can trap and kill stuf like Ferro that would wall Bruxish otherwise.
    I hope it's not too much of a gimmick. If it is, then feel free to reject that request.
  • Playstyle: Offense / Bulky Offense
I'm working on this! I'm simply busy, also Bruxish is ass, so I'm kind of stuck, but I think I'm close to finishing it. Just as a little update, I added Garchomp as a base... Will post finished team asap. :]

http://pokepast.es/5f7c42e93eedeb97

EDIT: Upon further testing of this team I've noticed a weakness to Calm Mind Arceus-Steel. To fix this I changed Toxic to Earthquake on Necrozma. Toxic wasn't super necessary anyways, Earthquake allows it to handily counter Arceus-Steel and get extra chip damage on Primal Groudon. I updated the paste with the new importable.

Thanks a lot! I'll be excited to try the team out.

• Sets:
  • Stakataka @ Rockium Z / Life Orb
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Lonely Nature
    IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
    - Head Smash / Diamond Storm
    - Gyro Ball
    - Trick Room
    - Earthquake / Superpower
  • Short Description: Stakatakatakatakatakataka is such a great adition to Trick Room teams and I had success using this at OU due to its access to the most powerful Gyro Ball ever, so I wanted to give it a try at STABmons.
  • Playstyle: Trick Room Offense.

Last edited:

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Metagame: Mix and Mega
Sets:
Deoxys-Speed @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psycho Boost
- Zap Cannon
- Focus Blast

Terrakion @ Diancite / Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Close Combat
Short Description: Can't find a reason to take MnM seriously rn so I'm leaving this to the mechanics in the hope that one of them are motivated enough to make a good team with this and not the Mega Lopunny/Marshadow garbage that I've been playing with for the past couple of weeks. I'd like if it could break stall fairly easy as well. Thanks!
Playstyle: Offense preferably but balance if it means I won't autolose to Zyg or opposing Deo-S.

Sets:
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psycho Boost
- Zap Cannon
- Focus Blast

Terrakion @ Diancite / Lucarionite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Close Combat
Short Description: Can't find a reason to take MnM seriously rn so I'm leaving this to the mechanics in the hope that one of them are motivated enough to make a good team with this and not the Mega Lopunny/Marshadow garbage that I've been playing with for the past couple of weeks. I'd like if it could break stall fairly easy as well. Thanks!
Playstyle: Offense preferably but balance if it means I won't autolose to Zyg or opposing Deo-S.

Reserving this one. Core is rather nice to use and shouldn't be too difficult to build around with all the options given.

My initial ideas for this team were a hazard stacking bulky offense that could utilize this core to its advantage, but I started finding problems with Terrakion when attempting to do this. Despite the two making a nice pairing, they don't really wear down their checks and counters that much as they are rather different to eachother, which is often why I prefer Keldeo over Terrakion despite the fact that Terrakion is quite a bit stronger with Lucarionite. So, I've tried the best I could, and made a bulkier team that can break stall and deal with offense with Deoxys-Speed, and then break balance with Terrakion.

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psycho Boost
- Zap Cannon
- Focus Blast

Another option for the Deoxys-Speed spread is 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe - this allows Deoxys-Speed to outspeed Diancite Naganadel whilst still keeping a decent amount of bulk - more importantly allowing Deoxys-Speed to survive a Fleur Cannon from defensive Magearna and Flash Cannon from CM Split Magearna, as it is able to Nasty Plot on the switchin and paralyze with Zap Cannon, potentially dispatching a wall so that it can clean lategame. It also allows for Deoxys-Speed to better revenge kill priority users - but do be warned most attacks at +1 will KO it.

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Standard Lucarionite Terrakion set except Stealth Rock was chosen over Substitute due to the amount of pressure Lucarionite Terrakion can exert on defensive teams, forcing out almost every Sablenite user.

After utilizing this core, I realized that they had a similarity in failing to break stall as their checks and counters were rather prevalent (such as Arceus-Fairy being absolute aids for Terrakion to deal with) and Blissey + Magearna cores being very difficult for Deoxys-Speed to take down. Whilst it does rather well on paper, it is fairly difficult to pressure a team enough with these two Pokemon alone, as Deo-S is always expected to get chipped by Judgment. Not to mention that Giratina is also quite a problem for Terrakion as it can tank a Stone Edge at +2 and Wisp it back, completely ruining its damage output. As such, I felt the need to add a rather common core to deal with this problem, as not only does it easily break Shedinja stall but it deals with most stalls in general well.

Hippowdon @ Venusaurite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon is the first component of this core, and the reason it helps break stall so easily is because of Sand Stream, which can take out any Shedinja attempting to wall any other members of the team. However, its main contribution is defensively, where it is the team's main check to a slew of offensive Fire types, such as Groudon-Primal, Ho-oh, Entei and Victini. It is also able to wall Arceus-Ghost and Zygarde, stopping them from being able to 6-0 the team.

Magearna @ Cameruptite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split

(yes I'm sorry I broke my promise already)

THIS is the main reason Hippowdon was chosen over an offensive rock setter like Groudon-Primal, and that is because CM Split Magearna has almost no counters on stall, with the best option being Red Orb Togekiss, which is taken advantage of by Terrakion and Hippowdon as either can nab a free switch, and whilst Terrakion may not like it, it is immediately able to pressure switchins from there on out.

CM Split Magearna works very well on this team as a bulky wincon due to the team's overall vulnerability to Arceus-Fairy and Ghost, which are able to take hits from Terrakion and cripple it. This happily switches in and takes a maximum of 35.7% (0 SpA Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Magearna: 109-130 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- 36% chance to 3HKO), easily allowing it to CM up on the switchin and take stall with it. It's also a very potent tank, being able to wall Tapu Lele and various other Fairy-types.

Victini @ Red Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Work Up
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare

Victini works well on this team as a brilliant Xerneas check as well as another excruciatingly hard hitter that can take control of weather and wall Blue Orb users like Kyogre-Primal and Skarmory (although Golisopod can hit it with Drill Run). It also pairs very well with the Hippowdon + Magearna core, practically beating stall teams alone, so that your breakers like Terrakion and Deo-S can run amok.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic

There was practically one mon I could leave on the list to be in this final slot - Arceus-Ghost solves most of the team's initial problems, acting as a defog user, a status spreader for supportceus, and a check to Zygarde and Kartana most importantly.

Hope you have fun with this team - it might not be the best I've made, but this should definitely work well versus stall. It went through several variations, and I personally couldn't get it to check all that it needed, but this looks like a learning experience for me to improve upon.

Last edited:
  • Metagame: Camomons
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power [Ice]
  • Short Description: Tapu Koko seems like a fairly interesting Pokemon to build around due to its high speed and Electric Terrain support, which can help other Pokemon break through teams due to Electric being rather good as a coverage move. In this metagame, it seems interesting as it is able to nuke standard Pokemon such as Kyurem-Black with its STAB and either Volt Switch out or nab a Ground target with Grass Knot. Dazzling Gleam hits rather hard as well against neutral targets, which is brilliant for such a high paced mon.
  • Playstyle: Bulky offense, preferably VoltTurn if possible.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
  • Sets:
  • Stakataka @ Rockium Z / Life Orb
    Lonely Nature
    IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
    - Head Smash / Diamond Storm
    - Gyro Ball
    - Trick Room
    - Earthquake / Superpower
  • Short Description: Stakatakatakatakatakataka is such a great adition to Trick Room teams and I had success using this at OU due to its access to the most powerful Gyro Ball ever, so I wanted to give it a try at STABmons.
  • Playstyle: Trick Room Offense
Reserving. Already have a team that had prepared from before but just gonna make some slight tweaks.

Gojiratar

Stakataka is a great addition to Full Trick Room teams thanks to its stellar offensive presence due to its abysmal Speed which grants it access to the most powerful Gyro Ball in the game. Couple this with it's ability to set up its own Trick Room and ability to sweep teams thanks to Beast Boost stat raises and we have an initially underrated threat on our hands. STABmons grants it access to new powerful STAB options such as Diamond Storm and Head Smash alongside two priority moves in Bullet Punch and Accelerock. I decided to stick with an OTR Rockium Z set over a more powerful Choice Band set since it enables Stakataka to pressure common switchins like Landorus-T and Ferrothorn more easily.

I added Uxie as the team's SR and secondary Trick Room setter due to its great overall bulk enabling it to get up both field conditions numerous times throughout the match. The addition of Lunar Dance in it's movepool also means it can provide the team's sweepers necessary support by essentially giving them a second chance in breaking through the opposing team oncemore. EVs are in place to turn it into a study mixed wall, checking threats like Landorus-T and Mega Medicham moderately well.

Mega Mawile is one of the best mega option for Trick Room teams due to it being an excellent breaker. It does not deviate much from standard apart from having access to a more reliable priority option in Bullet Punch, letting it handle offensive threats more easily thanks to it not relying on predictions. Thunder Punch is to break through Celesteela and Toxapex while Fire Fand can be used instead for Ferrothorn, either or works out well.

Magearna is another good OTR setter thanks to a phenomenal typing and good natural bulk. Even though it shares the same typing as Mega Mawile, I decided to keep it on the team thanks to how well it can setup TR against the majority of threats. It can also sweep quite well on its own late game once its checks have been weakened, although the majority of cases it would want to pivot out into more stronger breakers. Shuca Berry was added to give the team another switchin to Ground-types as it was lacking that so far besides Uxie.

Marowak-A complimented the team well at this point, breaking through troubling Steel-types such as Celesteela and Ferrothorn which annoyed the majority of the other team members. It also hits absurdly hard STAB V-Create, being a high BP move with no realistic drawback under the effects of TR. Precipice Blades is to hit checks like Tyranitar but Shadow Sneak can be used instead to check offensive threats outside of TR.

Finally we have an oddball member in Araquanid. At this point, Ash-Greninja was a huge threat to the team as its STAB Water Shuriken checked the majority of members on the team, especially Nasty Plot variants. Therefore, I wanted a Water resist and another Ground check so Araquanid was picked! Tail Glow turns it into a really potent sweeper despite its low 50 SpA thanks to Water Bubble and high BP water moves.

The team works pretty well in dealing with most offensive teams, since it has multiple options in setting up TR and can apply offensive pressure through almost every member on the team. It does require a bit of micro-managing since you really want to abuse each turn TR is activated to win some games, but after a bit of practice you should get the hang of it!

Have fun laddering!

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Service 1

IMG_4237.GIF
IMG_4238.GIF

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave / Foul Play
- U-turn
- Oblivion Wing

Magearna @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap

OR

Magearna @ Cameruptite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

Scarf Yvel seems like it would be interesting to build around in this meta since it checks necrozma forms so well and is a nice revenge killer. Mag bc mag is so good and the fact that they actually form a nice core is a good bonus. I'd prefer balance but whatever is fine thanks

EDIT: Chazm Quantum Tesseract InfernapeTropius11

I ended up making the team when i got bored, sorry if any of u were working on it but i guess ill just change this to a service 2
IMG_4237.GIF
IMG_4238.GIF
IMG_4263.GIF
IMG_4264.GIF
IMG_4265.GIF
IMG_4266.GIF

Magearna @ Cameruptite
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Pain Split

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Kartana @ Metagrossite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Frustration
- Leaf Blade

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades

So after starting out with the core above, I added Groundceus as a check to -ate speeders, pdon and a defogger. With that, i noticed i was lacking any physical attackers, so i added a strong physical sweeper in kartana. Frustration is to beat Zapdos and it hits grass resists harder than sacred sword. I added Pogre because i was still looking weak to special/chinese pdon. Rest is to stay healthy and to annoy blissey basically. i am kinda thinking on adding cm to it somewhere but idk what i'd drop. Lastly I added spdef pdon because my team was lacking a stealth rock user, and it's probably the best imposterproof to my magearna.

i tried the team out on the ladder this morning and went 12-0 mostly going against bad teams, but i did face some decent stalls so here's some replays on how the team works
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-680721835
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-680718681

Last edited:
Sprites of Pokemon:

Description:
I was thinking to use up these two,1st thought pdon and yve but then gone reg don over pdon cuz of supportgroundceus weakness both pdon and yveltal faced and tho yeah making me weak to ice beam but ig don can be used as a good def tank and status spreader while yveltal can go on rampage with other heavy sweepers.
Sets: https://pastebin.com/LPhdR4fx
Playstyle: HO/Offence

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
meta: balanced hackmons
service: 1
sprites of mon(s):

description: bh has not been treating me well recently so try this cool mon. besides its amazing aesthetic (it has 10 possible forms with shiny/drives) it hard checks mmy, mmx, and mega diancie in that as long as they don't use a fire move/shell smash on the switch then you can force them out/get chip and recover your hp thanks to regen. it's also a really nice mon to bring in on slow u turns because nothing offensive likes to take u turn chip
set:
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Sunsteel Strike / filler
- Sacred Fire / V-create / filler

playstyle: bulky offense

Metagame: BH and Stabmons
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
STABmons- Whatever works.
BH- FC Chansey, and my friend Audino-Mega, any sets work

Sets: (required for the Tune Up) -
Short Description: I want to be the new Marin, and Id like to try Audino.

Playstyle: Bulky offense or stall.

I’d prefer either one.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Metagame: BH and Stabmons
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
STABmons- Whatever works.
BH- FC Chansey, and my friend Audino-Mega, any sets work

Sets: (required for the Tune Up) -
Short Description: I want to be the new Marin, and Id like to try Audino.

Playstyle: Bulky offense or stall.

I’d prefer either one.
hi if you want a standard fc chansey/mega audino team to spam on ladder then i'd recommend just using morostall but if you want something different i made this crazy stall team. it's untested but it's stall so it will get wins on ladder

Chansey @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Worry Seed
- Poison Fang
- Stealth Rock

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Poison Fang
- Rapid Spin
- Odor Sleuth

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Core Enforcer
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief

Steelix-Mega @ Occa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot
- Nuzzle

Blissey @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Whirlwind
- Trick
- Soft-Boiled
- Final Gambit

Golisopod @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Haze
- Spikes
- Core Enforcer
- Heal Order

description: i decided to run poison heal on audino because one of chansey's main vulnerabilities was status. misty surge giratina looked like a good partner because it could cover cb mmx and ph regi. it kind of conflicted with ph audino, so i gave audino spiky shield so you could activate the toxic orb for free before setting up terrain (and also get extra recovery). giratina's set was the first one i filled out; i knew that it would be a bad spinner because it couldn't really pressure imposter thanks to terrain so i slapped core on there for insurance in case ph regi got its orb activated.

the team needed a setup answer after this so i decided to go with this cool steelix set. thanks to occa berry it can eat contrary overheat/v create and retaliate with spectral thief/nuzzle. misty terrain is kinda annoying if you want to nuzzle something but it protects from spore. (if you want you can run electric surge giratina instead although that gives you trouble with imposter)

imposter is kinda necessary so i went with that, final gambit max speed blissey dunks on illusion kangaskhanite kanga

prankster golisopod gives the team a second fighting resist and covers shell smash mmx if steelix/giratina are weakened. chansey covers pretty much every ray set so that wasn't much of a concern. also golisopod underspeeds most mons so it can spike on pretty much anything

worry seed chansey was needed to beat miscellaneous ph (ogre, xern) while poison fang helps it get rocks up. audino was the designated spinner; poison fang + sleuth means that magic bounce aegi is the only thing preventing you from spinning.

something cool about having audino as the spinner is that since it doesn't really wall any particular threat, you can keep it in the back if you want to prevent imposter from removing your hazards (also giratina can counter scarf imposter thanks to misty surge)

this team probably has a problem or two but i hope you like it

Metagame: mix and mega
Sprites:
victini.gif
masquerain.gif

Sets (adjustable) :

Victini @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Brick Break
- Will-O-Wisp
Masquerain @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Protect
Short Description: i want this team to be unexpected and fun to play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)