Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire game and starter choice!

Which game and starter will you be choosing? (Please only pick 1 game and 1 starter thanks!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be coming out this November, and there is, of course, a lot of talk. There's lots of new features in the remakes from what's been seen so far, and they're shaping up to be excellent games! There's only two questions left...

Which game will you be buying? (If buying both, choose the one that you'll play more on)

And which starter will you be choosing? (Again, choose only one please :D)

OmegaRubyAlphaSapphire.jpg

I personally will be getting Alpha Sapphire, and likely choosing Mudkip (but Treecko is definitely tempting)

Discuss!

I'm planning on Alpha Sapphire first (I do plan on getting both) since I don't own a game where I can catch Kyogre. Seriously, I picked Ruby and SoulSilver. I do have one of my own I got from a used copy of Diamond, but it would be nice to have one I caught myself.
I will continue my tradition of going with Mudkip since Swampert is my favorite of the Hoenn starters (I have a soft spot for Water/Ground) and I already have a level 100, 5IV, EV trained Swampert ready to go once I get the Rain Badge. Yeah, I'm cheap.

I don't know why, but I'm more in love with Kyogre than Groudon. Maybe it was because Sun didn't complement the latter's Physical presence. Also, Archie looks more determined to crush Brendan/May in order to fulfill his dreams of expanding the seas. I did start out with Sapphire originally and I loved some of the version exclusives like Seviper and Lunatone. But I think I'll go with Omega Ruby this time, just for the sake of variety. I honestly don't think that any of my friends will get the remake of Ruby. Everyone seems to be head over heels for Alpha Sapphire and I'll never know why. Or I might just cave into the hype and buy both... I'm definitely getting both.

As for the starters, picking one is a really tough choice. You know what, that was a lie. Swampert. Es muy macho *squeals in delight*. Blaziken can go die in a fire because Swampert and his Mega can steamroll all my enemies with Earthquake and Waterfall any time, anywhere. That chicken has been getting too much undeserved attention anyway. With Sceptile however, he's a close second. With his higher Special Attack stat and mostly Physical level up move pool, Sceptile won't be sweeping until the late game. I'm not saying that he is terrible, but if all three of them were drowning in the ocean and I was in a boat nearby with three life preservers, I would toss one to Sceptile, throw two to the ironically swim-impaired Swampert, and give the anchor to Blaziken.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This thread is a little early. There is also pretty much 0 to discuss here that won't turn into a starter flame war.

I also do not want this to turn into another ORAS discussion thread. I am locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)