Gen 6 Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Mega Evo discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
liked how they introduced megas in xy, having several choices with their own kind off viability to grab the mega spot on the team, while also making the game more fun as you could use a lot different megas, pokemon, playstyles etc. oras completly broke this by introducing primal groudon and mega rayquaza which only by themselves (this how i see it now) will simply just make everything more unviable, im afraid it will make ubers extremely centralizing and will make teams extremely similar (boring) like how aegislash made ou teams extremely similar just because off it's existence. fuck this shit seems like gf completly broke the ubers tier..

This is why ubers need to become a real tier, not a fucking banlist. Lots of potential lost here.

Whelp. Fuck ubers then. Rayquaza is so much better than every other mega in terms of ability, power and bulk and versatility. Being able to switch between a specs/mixed lo/band/scarf/sweeper, it's simply too much lol. Literally everything is 2hko'd by it at the best if not outright ohko'd, not to mention that the few things that can threaten it are ohko'd (xerneas, other dragons, and uh no other relevant weaknesses since a non stab ice beam won't even ko it). Also WoW isn't a fucking answer since 180SpA with a LO is lulzy and unlike the other mon with 180 offenses, it isn't cursed with 50/20/20 defenses lmao.

Stall is officially dead. Primal don + mega ray shits all over it.
I think banning P-Don and M-Ray is the only solution.
Or Ubers tier has to be splitted...

The only reason M-Gengar was suspected was because it was claimed to be un-competitive. P-Don and M-Ray are 100% competitive, just extra broken and overpowered. We don't ban things here for brokenness so I can never see either of them banned (and I don't want them to be banned). The best solution is to preserve the XY Meta so if folks want to play a more balanced gen 6 Ubers they still can. I personally don't care how centralized Ubers becomes cause that's what Ubers is all about. GF will release more Primal/Mega/whatever pokemon in the future that will have a similar power level to P-Don and M-Ray. This is just natural power creep, it will eventually reach some state of balance as the generations go by.

This is no different to Mewtwo back in Gen 1 or Kyogre back in Gen 3/4. We sometimes get a Pokemon which is vastly better than everything else. We all have to use limited checks but we accept that cause its Ubers. Eventually more checks and counters arrive until things are balanced again. The same will happen again come Gen 7 or Pokemon Z etc. Just be patient and deal with it.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Q:How can Rayquaza do mega evolution?
A:after testing, the key is the move "Dragon Ascent"
so if u let ur Rayqyaza forgot the move, it can't Mega Evolution anymore.
Does this work the same with Meloetta's Pirouette form? If you switch out, you have to use Dragon Ascent again. Or once you have Dragon Ascented, you are in your mega form for the rest of the game?

Does this work the same with Meloetta's Pirouette form? If you switch out, you have to use Dragon Ascent again. Or once you have Dragon Ascented, you are in your mega form for the rest of the game?
no , ur Rayquaza will do mega evolution before the battle started(if it learnd dragon ascent), u don't need to use the move to do mega evolution

this just works like primal evolution

no , ur Rayquaza will do mega evolution before the battle started(if it learnd dragon ascent), u don't need to use the move to do mega evolution

this just works like primal evolution
So... does it take up your mega slot in that case?

If it doesn't... I'm not sure what to say. At least the other megas would still be used, and at this point this thing being even more overpowered is basically redundant.

So you don't even have to click to Mega Evolve the first turn? Every other Mega has to use the base/default stats the first turn they evolve.

That also prevents exploiting Ray's 4x ice weakness on the switch-in, before it can get Delta Stream up. There goes my plan for dealing with it.

So you don't even have to click to Mega Evolve the first turn? Every other Mega has to use the base/default stats the first turn they evolve.
yea...it said that i will auto mega evolution while entering the battle

but not sure if it took the mega slot

oh but I found this pic lol, I'm a bit confused now

Last edited:
Weakness Policy Mega Ray
How the hell are you supposed to stop this thing?
Sit down and cry till the match is over with if you triggered his weakness policy.

Also if Mega Rayquaza doesn't take a mega slot, god help us all. Is this the return of Gen 1 Mewtwo?

Apparently Rayquaza needs to be in mega form to go to space(?) so maybe the auto mega evolution is specific to that battle.

EDIT: The guy in that video has REALLY annoying speech habits.

If this is real, people cannot play Battle Spot without getting horribly mutilated by Mega Ray+PDon jerks on Wifi. I'm not too happy if the reason I'm quitting Ubers is bc of my favorite Pokemon :/

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If this is real, people cannot play Battle Spot without getting horribly mutilated by Mega Ray+PDon jerks on Wifi. I'm not too happy if the reason I'm quitting Ubers is bc of my favorite Pokemon :/
I'm 99% sure Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groudon will not be allowed in rated battle spot. That being said, I will totally be one of those jerks who abuses them in unrated >:D

Anyways... Holy shit at Mega Rayquaza, looks like Mega Gengar just got knocked off his best mega evo perch! Mega Rayquaza is obviously going to be a CRAAAAAAAZY huge threat, but I'm actually rather excited. I'm eager to see how Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groudon's insanity effects the Ubers metagame!

Something interesting to note is that since Rayquaza's "mega stone" is Dragon Ascent, this pretty much means that pretty any team with Rayquaza will have mega evolving chances. Since you don't have to carry a mega stone, you could hypothetically carry another Mega Evo (granted, not being able to use Mega Rayquaza after that will REALLY sting!), and if things don't go as planned or you just see a really good opportunity to kick some ass, you can still have Rayquaza waiting in the wings.

Regardless though, I can totally see other mega evolution usage dropping like a rock as well. Mega Rayquaza just looks like its on quite a separate level from the rest. In fact, I wonder if any Pokémon would benefit from Mega Rayquaza monopolizing mega usage... hmmm

This makes me wonder if GF is testing the waters with Mega Rayquaza so that the incredibly dumb "one mega evo per battle" restriction could be finally be abolished in Gen 7.
Let's be honest here: this restriction does more harm than good, as it's the reason interesting mega evos like Glalie and Beedrill can't be used to their full potential.

This makes me wonder if GF is testing the waters with Mega Rayquaza so that the incredibly dumb "one mega evo per battle" restriction could be finally be abolished in Gen 7.
Let's be honest here: this restriction does more harm than good, as it's the reason interesting mega evos like Glalie and Beedrill can't be used to their full potential.
Not sure if I'd want to go up against a team with Mega Charizard X, Mega Metagross and Mega Diancie on it in OU tbh...

Not sure if I'd want to go up against a team with Mega Charizard X, Mega Metagross and Mega Diancie on it in OU tbh...
What makes Mega Ray so scary in ubers is the fact you have to face it with your own mega and 5 non-megas. I would feel much safer knowing I could use Mega Metagross, Diancie, Altaria and so in to take it down.
The same concept applies to the lower tiers.

What makes Mega Ray so scary in ubers is the fact you have to face it with your own mega and 5 non-megas. I would feel much safer knowing I could use Mega Metagross, Diancie, Altaria and so in to take it down.
The same concept applies to the lower tiers.
No, what you're gonna have to do is run a Mega Rayquaza of your own, a Primal Groudon just because why the fuck not, and everything else that's top tier Ubers like E-Killer, Xerneas, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)