Tournament OMPL V - Week 3

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Almost Any Ability: Racool VS Megazard
Tough call, both are proficient, but neither are exactly seasoned enough to be masters.
Anything Goes: HunterStorm VS Chloe.
Hax ftw or gtfo
Balanced Hackmons: morogrim VS TheBurgerKing99 (Halliday)
Both are great, but going off of style alone, moro has the edge imo
Mix and Mega: InfernapeTropius11 VS Quantum Tesseract
It'll take a miracle to stop this slaughter
Monotype: terrors VS Bushtush
Sketchmons: Official Fissure VS MiyoKa

Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Laxpras
God vs God... Knowing aesf the battle will prob be decided at team preview
Anything Goes: Thimo VS Fardin
Both unpleasant people to battle... the difference is one's beatable.
Balanced Hackmons: jasprose VS E4 Flint
Hard call, Flint's been better in the past for the most part, but his lack of interest in the tour and the fact that he's gotten soft makes it a decently fair match
Mix and Mega: Akashi (jeran) VS Mark_K
Giving this one to Mark since he's the more varied player, but knowing MnM, the match will prob be decided at team preview
Sketchmons: Jordn VS The Ruins of Alpha
Jrdn's great at just about everything, but I can't say I've seen all too much of his sketchmons proficiency... drampa on the other hand has been doing lots of work on his skill there, could be a closer match than the names would make you think.

Almost Any Ability: motherlove VS rozes
Going to be a very short match, unless he brings stall, and we know what rozes'll bring.

Volkendr vs Gmu is probably gonna be a better match than y'all expect it to be. Keep in mind that volk was still drafted over ppl like ducky or sl42 and from what I know he deserves it, having proved himself to be quite the capable teambuilder and an up and rising player. Meanwhile everyone's second favourite meme has been a pretty consistently high ladder player despite running 3 houndooms and a skymin, he's def not a pushover and his unique meta perspective might give him an edge.
I still think volk is gonna win cause, like... he's better (srry gmu I still love u)

Other battles I'm quite interested in:

Almost Any Ability: Racool VS Megazard
The endless argument of who was actually underpriced and who was overpriced? Esteemed omgs winner Megazard has to win a battle eventually and he sure proved that he knows how to prep and play for aaa, also racool's w1 team had some pretty nasty weaknesses, gotta build that shit more tight famo.

A really interesting battle here, I feel like a part of moro's extreme consistency was achieved by being safe, running some trusty "old faithful" slow pivot balance and an offensive presence moreso based on wearing off the counters with time. While TBK seems to be trying really hard to be the exact opposite. I would say if they met on ladder for a game I might lean towards halliday and his 7 stakeout mons, but I know gmu's favourite is capable of stepping out of his comfort zone and he will definitely need to if he wants to get this one. An interesting battle for sure.

Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Laxpras
Neither of those lads actually play gen7 aaa, and both have a slight tendency to meme (especially when paired against one another), yet I would still consider them both as the highest echelon of aaa player. But really the end result comes down to the fact that based aaa goat is undefeated in ompl while aesf is so small he can fit in xJownage's anus.

Jasprose's rapid growth as a player and builder in recent times has been truly impressive. So fast actually, that some ppl still don't know who he is. This is like the final trial before he becomes bh goat and we all become irrelevant, he's the representation of the new generation of player, a symbol that the meta will live on after dead oldies will stop playing. This is the underdog story of a kid grown into a man who now tries to challenge the gods. I want to believe that this embodiment of hope, with preparation and confidence, can achieve anything. I want to believe that jasprose can become our new god.

Jasprose's rapid growth as a player and builder in recent times has been truly impressive. So fast actually, that some ppl still don't know who he is. This is like the final trial before he becomes bh goat and we all become irrelevant, he's the representation of the new generation of player, a symbol that the meta will live on after dead oldies will stop playing. This is the underdog story of a kid grown into a man who now tries to challenge the gods. I want to believe that this embodiment of hope, with preparation and confidence, can achieve anything. I want to believe that jasprose can become our new god.
When does this anime air? Seems interesting.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Hello I play various OMs called Balanced Hackmons, BH, Balanced Hmons, B Hackmons, and more

I haven't seen moro playing a lot so I can't tell much about him (especially from him using Whale team in BH tour in OM room). Halliday kicked my ass in BH open. So why can't Halliday do the same to moro or vise versa

Make mono ogre great again and I changed the team which aims flint's weakness
Kyogre-Primal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Nuzzle

- Nuzzle

- Nuzzle

- Nuzzle

- Nuzzle

- Nuzzle

How does it feel standing against your so-called god? Good luck, volkner.
GMU bring back brightpowder magic bounce shell smash gyarados so i can call you lord of hax etc etc

I will get out of the thread, everyone gl and hf

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)