Tournament OMPL Week Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to week two of OMPL3! The deadline for this week is June 24th at 12:00 AM CDT (GMT-5, roughly three hours before this was posted). Please contact your opponents via VM so that I can see the communication between the two players for activity wins. There will be no extensions, so if both players have shown equal effort to play their match, it will be coin-flipped.

A note to all managers: if you are substituting a player, in your post, be sure to tag both the players you are substituting in and out, any managers from the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and me so that I can update the OP.

Thanks to Arhops for the banner. Have fun!

The Bedroom Blisseys (4) vs. The Luxurious Lopunnies (1)

Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs. Mamp
Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs. Raseri (sub)
STABmons: Lcass4919 vs. Mambo
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia vs. innovamania
Monotype: Anttya vs. Jack Dalton

The King Kois (4) vs. The Tanned Charizards (1)

Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint vs. TTer
Almost Any Ability: grurk vs. Monte Cristo
STABmons: Kl4ng vs. Zewwok
Tier Shift: insanelegend vs. Deathly ♛The King
Monotype: DarkeKnight (sub) vs. Arifeen

The Zygomorphic Zygardes (2) vs. The Double Snubbulls (3)

Balanced Hackmons: Heisenerg vs. I wuv you
Almost Any Ability: jeran vs. omnisc (sub)
STABmons: Kit Kasai vs. Ellipse
Tier Shift: Adrian Marin vs. Kingslayer2779
Monotype: Articuno I vs. n64lord

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
everything should be right, double checked and shit. did not get a lineup from the snubbulls, so their last week's roster was reused as per le rules.

predonctions

Bedroom Blisseys (5) vs. Luxurious Lopunnies (0)
Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs. Mamp - eh they're probably about even in terms of skill but team spirit so highlighter. unless mamp brings cacturne
Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs. Pagoose - haven't actually seen pagoose play aaa recently so ill go with motherlove.
STABmons: Lcass4919 vs. Mambo - see above, replace motherlove with lcass
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia vs. innovamania - see the see above above this "see above"
Monotype: Anttya vs. Jack Dalton - Don't know how either of the game, though team spirit says I should give this to Anttya.

team spirit too good

The King Kois (3) vs. The Tanned Charizards (2)
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint vs. TTer - He's flint, he lights up the competition
Almost Any Ability: grurk vs. Monte Cristo - No one can beat the GREATEST OF ALL TIME
STABmons: Kl4ng vs. Zewwok - 27k not for nothing
Tier Shift: insanelegend vs. Deathly ♛The King - whoever brings sand wins this one, though insanelegend seems more likely to do that :))) (thats a challenge btw)
Monotype: Anty vs. Arifeen - the charizard's 24k says he's good.

Zygomorphic Zygardes (4) vs. The Double Snubbulls (1)
Balanced Hackmons: Heisenerg vs. I wuv you - I don't know what made me pick this, I just had this really weird instinctive feeling that tells me I'm almost certainly going to be correct.
Almost Any Ability: jeran vs. The Reptile - Only faced jeran but from what i saw of that replay of week 1 he's actually alot better than i thought, maybe enough to beat jeran.
STABmons: Kit Kasai vs. Ellipse - Not too sure about this one but i have to give this to the one who uses MR. DUCK.
Tier Shift: Adrian Marin vs. Kingslayer2779 - mimez to gud fr trk rom
Monotype: Articuno I vs. n64lord - honestly i have to give it to articuno I for having a much cooler looking name.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
predonctions

Bedroom Blisseys (5) vs. Luxurious Lopunnies (0)
Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs. Mamp - eh they're probably about even in terms of skill but team spirit so highlighter. unless mamp brings cacturne
Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs. Pagoose - haven't actually seen pagoose play aaa recently so ill go with motherlove.
STABmons: Lcass4919 vs. Mambo - see above, replace motherlove with lcass
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia vs. innovamania - see the see above above this "see above"
Monotype: Anttya vs. Jack Dalton - Don't know how either of the game, though team spirit says I should give this to Anttya.

team spirit too good

The King Kois (3) vs. The Tanned Charizards (2)
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint vs. TTer - He's flint, he lights up the competition
Almost Any Ability: grurk vs. Monte Cristo - No one can beat the GREATEST OF ALL TIME
STABmons: Kl4ng vs. Zewwok - 27k not for nothing
Tier Shift: insanelegend vs. Deathly ♛The King - whoever brings sand wins this one, though insanelegend seems more likely to do that :))) (thats a challenge btw)
Monotype: Anty vs. Arifeen - the charizard's 24k says he's good.

Zygomorphic Zygardes (4) vs. The Double Snubbulls (1)
Balanced Hackmons: Heisenerg vs. I wuv you - I don't know what made me pick this, I just had this really weird instinctive feeling that tells me I'm almost certainly going to be correct.
Almost Any Ability: jeran vs. The Reptile - Only faced jeran but from what i saw of that replay of week 1 he's actually alot better than i thought, maybe enough to beat jeran.
STABmons: Kit Kasai vs. Ellipse - Not too sure about this one but i have to give this to the one who uses MR. DUCK.
Tier Shift: Adrian Marin vs. Kingslayer2779 - mimez to gud fr trk rom
Monotype: Articuno I vs. n64lord - honestly i have to give it to articuno I for having a much cooler looking name.
Hey man you gotta remember our slogan that I made up during week 1 before making such harsh predoncts
"Our team is the best and if you think otherwise... eh, you're probably right"™

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-241733983 Beat Deathly ♛The King in a gg. We will be playing the rest of the Bo3 in about 4 hours.
I'm sorry but I don't remember Bo3 discussed anywhere in the OMPL announcement/sign up thread. The Monte v jeran match was not sanctioned to be Bo3 and Monte (who I think concocted the idea) even said the first match was the one that counted.

hollywood can we get a decision on this?

Edit: The Bo3 wasn't even discussed until Turn 6:
★insanelegend: We could do a bo3 if you want
★Deathly The King: fuck it wynaut

If anything it should always be established prior to the match, not during.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
For consistency's sake I'd say do the rest of OMPL bo1 because that's how the last two weeks have been played. Otherwise it would be unfair to have certain matchups between teams be played bo1 (the last two weeks) and have the rest of OMPL be played bo3.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
yes the tournament is Bo1. if you guys want to play Bo3s and link the replays in here, go for it, but only the first game counts.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Honestly if people wanted to play Bo3s they could just say they're playing out of tournament friendlies for their tiers and then the last game is a tournament match, it's a loophole but technically it's not a bo3

I'm not encouraging, rather giving people a loophole, if hollywood says no to this I guess you just have to always start by a tournament match so w/e

Again no bias and not trying to offend people, but here are my predictions

Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs. Mamp UC and Piccolo have told me highlighter is very good, and I'm not doubting that, but I haven't seen too much proof that they are capable of beating mamp who is a very good player. Very close match though.
Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs. Pagoose Probably the highlight match. Really really hard to pick a winner on this one, but I'm going to go with motherlove due to me seeing a lot of his games/playing against him a lot. Pagoose is indeed very skilled but I haven't seen too much of him in aaa.
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia vs. innovamania This is another highlight match. I know very little about innovamania, but I do know he is a terrific battler. However, KoC is amazing at tier shift and definitely has the upper hand in this battle due to him being much more adapted to the absurd number of threats in the tier shift metagame, which will be shown in his teambuilding.
Monotype: Anttya vs. Jack Dalton No idea in the slightest how this will go, but just going to go with the person I know plays a ton of mono.

The King Kois (0) vs. The Should Be Childish but are Unfortunately Tanned Charizards (0)
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint vs. TTer Flint played VERY well last week vs kumi, and if he can 6-0 kumi, he can beat anyone.
Almost Any Ability: grurk vs. Monte Cristo
Taylor Swift=Grurk Kanye=Me Beyonce=Monte music video=battler. Not actually making this biased though some might think otherwise. Grurk afaik isn't too seasoned in the aaa meta, and not that great of a battler. The better battler argument is irrelevant though, when monte knows the meta like the back of his hand.
STABmons: Kl4ng vs. Zewwok If I could put the vs. bold, I would. Kl4ng definitely has shown me that he has the skills required for this matchup, and I haven't seen much of zewwok recently though this isn't a good reason for the prediciton. This can easily go either way.
Monotype: Anty vs. Arifeen I actually know things about anty, and apparently mambo can win against a really good player without playing much of the meta. And people say that mambo is bad all the time so how hard can it be for anty? Unfixable put them in for some reason, but there's always a method to every madness.

Almost Any Ability: jeran vs. The Reptile Another close game, jeran has played more aaa than dremz(I think) which is honestly the only reasoning I can think of. Both are really good battlers in general so it's tough to call this one.
STABmons: Kit Kasai vs. Ellipse Ellipse is definitely showing their old forme, and while kit is a skilled player in general, ellipse is unstoppable when they are in good forme.
Tier Shift: Adrian Marin vs. Kingslayer2779 Adrian has definitely showed me he is ridiculously good at tier shift, being able to make plays that just blow my mind. I know ks is a pretty good player, but there's a difference between very good and pretty good.
Monotype: Articuno I vs. n64lord I know articuno I is good at mono and don't know the other guy.

Sorry for these not being as detailed as they were last time, but I'm just not feeling like typing much today.

And oh yeah, if I could have at least a copy of my unrightfully deleted post since I can't get it back, that'd be great! :toast:

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
rip lost, parahax wasn't great

edit: ok so I guess this was a bit salty and I played bad a number of times, I'm just annoyed I lost due to playing badly rather than my opponent playing well, owell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)