Tournament OMPL Week Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
rip my 4-1 dreams
rip my 1-4 reality

Motherlove vs TGC is actually a really cool MU to see, hype for it if TGC/Lance actually shows up. Motherlove will probably take it but their playstyles are really interesting to watch VS each other.

Reptile is underrated buy a lot of people tbh, he doesn't play much but he's one of the best STAB players and prob top 10-12 AAA players of all time but only cause he doesn't play it enough. I've known him for 4 years and he has some of the best fundamentals in the community.

But team spirit says -Clone-. Either way this is going to be interesting.

Jeran's easily going to win his game. No offense but it's just my gut. The only player I have a negative record vs in AAA, council member, and really solid tournament players.

GL to Zards and the other like, 2 friends out there.

Just saying in advance, pretty much all of these are really close games. I tried to have no bias as much as possible.

Blisseys vs. Kois
Balanced Hackmons: TheCommadore vs. E4 Flint Probably will be the best bh game for the entire season, it is honestly neck and neck but I guess I will give the win to Flint due to having played more games in the past few months (I believe, though I definitely can be wrong). It is awful reasoning but I don't want to pick the vs. sign cause that's stupid. Still both are incredibly good players and this is honestly what I believe will be the highest level match of the season, unless they fight each other again. I cannot choose a better player because they are both just amazing.
Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs. Transcendent God Champion Another really good game, but I will have to give the win to lance because, as his name implies, has pretty much reached transcendence in the art of pokemon. Not anything against Motherlove though, I know that he is also a very good player.
STABmons: Lcass4919 vs. Kl4ng Again a really good game, but I just have to give the tiny edge to kl4ng. I feel that Kl4ng is a little more skilled in mons, in general and in the end that is what really matters to be frank. Still a really thin margain, definitely no offense to lcass intended. It is another toss up like the last 2 games to be frank, and it's not like any of these matches that I will list are set wins by any means.
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia vs. insanelegend This is another mirror match, though arguably closer than flint vs. kumi. Highlight tier shift match for the whole season hands down. No offense intended to any of the other tier shift players by any means, but these two are kind of on a level of their own in terms of skill. I honestly will only have to pick il over kod because I have played him multiple times, though I have watched a few kod matches. Again, bad reasoning but pretty much the only one I can come up with.
Monotype: Freeroamer vs. DarkeKnight Don't know either of these people at all, but the freeroamer guy had a team in the monotype premier league which I guess means hes good. Darkeknight is probably also very good though, because he got picked over a lot of people lol. Pixels affected nothing.

Snubbulls vs. The Should be Childish but are Tanned Charizards
Balanced Hackmons: I wuv you vs. TTer Another very hard decision to make, I don't know too much about either player, but I know that druides was one of the top classic hackmons players when that meta was in its prime. Although I only recently learned he played bh, he just has a ton of experience and I know them more. Hell The Immortal even voiced him because he was so good at classic hackmons at one point! As for tter, I know that they are one of the top players, though I haven't seen them play that much, vs higher up players. Not to say they haven't happened though, I know he has definitely beaten some of the top players multiple times, but I haven't seen them happen. So I don't really have much to go off of besides when he absolutely smashed me in bh, and a few of his battles. Nothing against you at all tter
Almost Any Ability: The Reptile vs. -Clone- Not much explanation needed here, dremz is much more experienced in oms in general, possibly not aaa cause I don't think that's his main meta but that doesn't matter at all, Not saying that clone is bad, but dremz also knows people that can ghost give him teams. Although he probably can win without other teams.
STABmons: Ellipse vs. Zewwok I know that Zewwok is very good, but Ellipse is apparently still amazing, despite being gone for a very long time. Close game for sure but I'd have to choose ellipse to be the better player. (at least if it's the ellipse before they left.) Zewwok wins for sure if Ellipse has relapsed a hair.
Tier Shift: Kingslayer2779 vs. Deathly ♛The King Eh as much as I want deathly to shut the fuck up with the rofs, and the kingscrubbers and the tans, they're probably the winner due to them just being a better player. I think if kingslayer pulls some sick trick(s) (NOT SAYING RUN TRICK ROOM) out of their hat, then they definitely win.
Monotype: n64lord vs. Arifeen This guy got drafted for a ridiculous and I mean RIDICULOUS amount of money in the auction, they have to do well this year in order to show that they were worth it. Also nani man drafted lots of other mono players so they're probably fighting for their starting job. No knowledge of either's skill at all. And no pixels do not go into consideration for this.

Zygardes vs. Loppunies
Balanced Hackmons: Heisenerg vs. Mamp This is probably going to be hard to explain. I'm going to go on record saying that heisenerg in his prime is the better player, not by very far, but still probably better. This is similar to ellipse's little description. Heisen pretty much controls the outcome of the game bar possible hax. If he is the heisen that he was before he left, he will probably win; but if he is a little worse, then Mamp will probably win the game. Again no offense to either of you, you are both very good players and this will be a great match.
Almost Any Ability: jeran vs. Tricking Another decision that needs to be explained. First of all, this is not factoring in Tricking's controversial history, not condoning it to be coined controversial but it is. In terms of just total skill, Tricking wins by a significant margain. In aaa skill at least when last recorded, jeran wins by a significant margain. So why does Tricking win? He is a ridiculously versatile player, that is great in a lot of metagames they don't even play much! (at least as far as I know) With the versatility, Tricking definitely has a decent handle on the aaa metagame. Will said handle be enough for jeran who's a rising player in the aaa community, I don't know, but I predict it will be.
STABmons: Kit Kasai vs. Pagoose I know pagoose is a very,very good battler in oms, but kit is just a peg above to be frank. The guy has a ton of experience under his belt, maybe more in balanced hackmons, but still a ton of experience in the stabmons metagame. Not saying that Pagoose is new by any means, but he hasn't been established as a good player in oms as long as kit has. Also kit did pretty well last year in our stabmons slot, and I assume that he has retained said trait. Pagoose definitely can win though, as he is arguably the better overall battler, but kit's experience puts him over the edge for this prediction. Well his edginess also puts him over the edge
Tier Shift: Adrian Marin vs. Peef Rimgar Honestly I can't do this one without being biased because peef is a really close friend. Adrian is also a great friend and I do not want to disclose my opinion because, as I said i n the beginning of this post, I don't want these to be biased.
Monotype: Final Demolition vs. Gyarad0s Zero idea who either of these people are, but gyarad0s won last week, although final demolition didn't play so it isn't exactly fair. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this a really good matchup and either person can win.

Also I honestly am not looking at the scores of the games because even though this tournament is team oriented, it is still self-based in the end. Although pretty much every tournament, team or not, is.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
hollywood why u no use the tournament tag ;_;
bc we don't have one in the subforum gg
We're running on duct tape and cigarettes. Hell, just the other day we finally got our own metagames tag and could stop borrowing the Smog's.

Anyway, Kingslayer2779 v. Deathly ♛The King ? That's the one to watch. Idk their skills levels compared to each other but they're both good. The reason to watch this is to settle (hopefully) all the king memes and this weird little feud going on in the room. I'm naming this match HashtagRegicide.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
No pressure Deathly ♛The King but you better win or I'll never let you forget it fren >:^D <3
In all seriousness that will be a great battle to watch, looking forward to it n_n
Flint's, Peef's, and TGC's matches will also be cool ones, although super hyped for DTK vs. KS :]

Ranger Mike

Yeah the BH match is great but I disagree with your reasoning. TheCommadore is one of the best BH players of all time and is going to be prepared.

You contradicted yourself with AAA. You gave Flint the win on how active he has been recently. Nobody is more active on the AAA ladder than motherlove (at the top I might add). TGC is not active on the ladders afaik.

The STABmons match is really close. I can't argue with what you've said because Kl4ng is great. But obviously I am supporting my man Lcass to pull the win.

Completely disagree with Tier Shift. KoC is a far superior Tier Shift player and it should not be a close match.

As for Monotype, you got that one right. Freeroamer is one of the top Monotype players currently.

I think this week offers some very interesting matches indeed. A lot of history behind some of these matches. Although Ranger Mike is dead wrong calling Deathly ♛The King the better player. When he isn't using haxy sand teams its always close. The W/L count is pretty even. But the deciding factor will probably be his impulsive style of play. He is either going to make a play that turns out to be brilliant and wins him the game, or he blows it. I can really only guarantee one thing: this won't be the end of the feud.

EV

Banned deucer.
Ranger Mike

Yeah the BH match is great but I disagree with your reasoning. TheCommadore is one of the best BH players of all time and is going to be prepared.

You contradicted yourself with AAA. You gave Flint the win on how active he has been recently. Nobody is more active on the AAA ladder than motherlove (at the top I might add). TGC is not active on the ladders afaik.

The STABmons match is really close. I can't argue with what you've said because Kl4ng is great. But obviously I am supporting my man Lcass to pull the win.

Completely disagree with Tier Shift. KoC is a far superior Tier Shift player and it should not be a close match.

As for Monotype, you got that one right. Freeroamer is one of the top Monotype players currently.

I'm bored so I'm going to pop some predicts down for the fun of it.

Balanced Hackmons: TheCommadore vs. E4 Flint I think these guys are equally matched.
Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs. Transcendent God Champion Literally who's
STABmons: Lcass4919 vs. Kl4ng Even match again
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia vs. insanelegend Pretty sure insanelegend is one of the people behind the rain suspect, that says enough for me
Monotype: Freeroamer vs. DarkeKnight Literally who's

Balanced Hackmons: I wuv you vs. TTer lol.
Almost Any Ability: The Reptile vs. -Clone- Reptile gave a good showing last week, I like the guy, no dis to clone tho I atleast know his name
STABmons: Ellipse vs. Zewwok Literally who's
Tier Shift: Kingslayer2779 vs. Deathly ♛The King Deathly is literally who, but that actually gives him points over kingslayer so ayy
Monotype: n64lord vs. Arifeen Literally who's

Balanced Hackmons: Heisenerg vs. Mamp Heisen might be second string, but he's not awful like his opponent
Almost Any Ability: jeran vs. Tricking I don't know him but he's against Jeran so it's not hard to call
STABmons: Kit Kasai vs. Pagoose See above, replace Jeran with Kit Kasai
Tier Shift: Adrian Marin vs. Peef Rimgar It's tough to call but I'm favoring Peef
Monotype: Final Demolition vs. Gyarad0s Literally who's

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
The Bedroom Blisseys (0) vs. The King Kois (0)

Balanced Hackmons: TheCommadore vs. E4 Flint
Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs. Transcendent God Champion
STABmons: Lcass4919 vs. Kl4ng
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia vs. insanelegend
Monotype: Freeroamer vs. DarkeKnight

The Double Snubbulls (0) vs. The Tanned Charizards (0)

Balanced Hackmons: I wuv you vs. TTer
Almost Any Ability: The Reptile vs. -Clone-
STABmons: Ellipse vs. Zewwok
Tier Shift: Kingslayer2779 vs. Deathly ♛The King
Monotype: n64lord vs. Arifeen

The Zygomorphic Zygardes (0) vs. The Luxurious Lopunnies (0)

Balanced Hackmons: Heisenerg vs. Mamp
Almost Any Ability: jeran vs. Tricking
STABmons: Kit Kasai vs. Pagoose
Tier Shift: Adrian Marin vs. Peef Rimgar
Monotype: Final Demolition vs. Gyarad0s
i think i did this right

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
"RIPUNCLEHPIL: Tricking seems like an easy win right?
jeran: yea
jeran: he seems like one of those lucky and bad players"
called it
jeran sorry if you didn't want this to be posted but nobody really dislikes you enough to give you shit for this so lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)