On a busy highway! Engineer Pikachu and dragonboy52 duke it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for two battles. The same rules apply to both of them, but the arena is not.

Beginner Battle
2v2 Doubles
No chills/recovers
2 Day DQ

Arena 2: Not Busy Highway
A regular highway to battle on. It's near the crack of dawn, so there aren't many cars milling about. There are various platforms above the highway that you can battle from, and the highway ground itself is battle-able. At the end of each round, two cars will come, dealing 5 (50%), 7 (30%), or 10 (20%) damage each to every Pokemon on the highway ground. Getting from the highway ground to the platform isn't too difficult, though.
I'll go,
All abilities
No items.
Do-do-do, drivin to college, drivin to college, drivin to college... WHAT THE FU- *crash* Ow... This is hardly a spot for a battle, y'know! I just slammed into a lamppost to avoid you guys... But, tokens are tokens. Consider me your ref.

Team Engineer Pikachu:
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/572.png
Chillarmy (Ilyana) (F)
Nature: Naughty (Attack increased by *, Special Defense decreased by *)

Type: Normal
Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Stats: 55 / 50 / 40 / 40 / 40 / 75

HP: 90
Atk+: *** (3)
Def: ** (2)
SpA: ** (2)
SpD-: * (1)
Spe: 75

Evolution Counter: 5 / 6
Move Counter: 2
Dream Counter: 3 / 5

Abilities:
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Skill Link (DW Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon’s skillful aim makes its multi-hit moves always hit 5 times. The Energy Cost of multi-hit attacks is increased by three (3).

Attacks:
Pound
Growl
Helping Hand
Tickle
DoubleSlap
Encore
Swift
Sing
Tail Slap

Aqua Tail
Iron Tail
Fake Tears

Dig
Hidden Power [Ice 6]
Thunderbolt

Slowpoke (Kansok) (M)
Nature: Relaxed (Defense increased by *, Speed divided by 1.15 and +10% to opponents' attacks)

Type: Water / Psychic
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats: 90 / 65 / 65 / 40 / 40 / 15

HP: 100
Atk: *** (3)
Def+: **** (4)
SpA: ** (2)
SpD: **(2)
Spe-: 13 (15 * .85)

Evolution Counter: 1 / 6
Move Counter: 0
Dream Counter: 0 / 5

Ability:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Own Tempo: (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.
Regenerator (DW LOCKED): (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Attacks:
Curse
Yawn
Tackle
Growl
Water Gun
Confusion
Disable
Headbutt

Future Sight
Me First
Safeguard

Boiling Water
Ice Beam
Toxic

Engineer has informed me that he will be using Technician on Mincinno, and Own Tempo on Slowpoke.

Team dragonboy52:

Azurill (*) (Male)

Nature: Quiet (+Special Attack, -Speed)

Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Thick Fat Halves damage from Fire and Ice moves. Huge Power Doubles Attack in battle. Sap Sipper Absorbs Grass moves, raising Attack one stage.(DW)
Stats:

Atk: *
Def: **
SpA: *(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 17(-)

Moves:

Splash(*)
Charm(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Bubble(*)
Slam(*)
Water Gun(*)
Body Slam(*)
Encore(*)
Refresh(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Surf(*)
Return

EC:0/9
MC: 0
DC:0/5

Bronzor(*)
Nature: Brave(Adds * to Atk; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.)
Type: Steel/Psychic

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Levitate:Evades Ground moves.
Heatproof:Halves damage from Fire moves and burns.

Stats:

Atk: *(+)
Def: ***
SpA: *
SpD: ***
Spe: 19(-)

Moves:

Tackle(*)
Confusion(*)
Hypnosis(*)
Imprison(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Extrasensory(*)
Iron Defense(*)
Safeguard(*)
Gyro Ball(*)
Trick Room(*)
Substitute(*)
Protect(*)

EC:0/6
DC:0/5

Porygon
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *; Attack decreased by *)

Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Download: (Innate) At the beginning of the match, the Pokemon analyzes the opponent and downloads data that lets it deal more damage. This Pokemon receives a one (1) stage increase on the offense that strikes an opponent’s weaker defense stat. (e.g. does more damage with special attacks when facing Aggron, which has higher defense, and attack when facing Hypno, which has higher special defense. For ties, Attack is raised.) This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Analytic (DW): (Can be activated) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Porygon
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Conversion(*)
Conversion 2(*)
Sharpen(*)
Tackle(*)
Agility(*)
Psybeam(*)
Recover(*)
Magnet Rise(*)
Tri Attack(*)
Discharge(*)
Magic Coat(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Toxic(*)

Hmm. Looks like Engineer doesn't mind dragonboy knowing what he's going to use... So, we already know what Engineer's using, so they're out. dragonboy52, please send out your Pokémon and their abilities, Engineer orders, dragonboy orders, I ref.

Bronzor Confuse Ray on that Ilyana, Gyro Ball on Ilyana, Substitute (15 HP)
Porygon use Toxic on Ilyana then use 2 T-Bolts on Slowpoke.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ilyana: Dig (to avoid Confuse Ray and Toxic) (Porygon) - Tail Slap (Porygon) - Tail Slap (Porygon)
Kansok: Yawn (Bronzor) - Disable Thunderbolt (Porygon) - Boiling Water (Porygon)

Ilyana, aim to knock Porygon off the upper platforms with your Tail Slaps. Kansok, keep Porygon down with the Boiling Water.

While I wait for my ambulance to arrive... I may have dislocated my everything... Let's take a look at the initial stats.

Team Engineer Pikachu:

Ilyana (Cute Charm+Technician)
Energy: 100
Speed: 75
Boosts/Drops: 0
Actions: Dig (to avoid Confuse Ray and Toxic) (Porygon) - Tail Slap (Porygon) - Tail Slap (Porygon)

Kansok (Own Tempo+Oblivious)
Speed: 13
Actions: Yawn (Bronzor) - Disable Thunderbolt (Porygon) - Boiling Water (Porygon)

Team dragonboy52:

Bronzor (Levitate+Heatproof)
Speed: 19
Actions: Confuse Ray on that Ilyana, Gyro Ball on Ilyana, Substitute (15 HP)

Porygon (Trace+Download)
Speed: 40
Boosts/Drops: +1 SpA (permanent due to Download)
Actions: Toxic on Ilyana then use 2 T-Bolts on Slowpoke.

Turn Order: Ilyana >>> Porygon >>> Bronzor >>> Kansok

Could go either way, but that Download boost gives dragonboy an initial advantage... He could've gotten it from either of his opponents, to be fair.

Action 1:
And the battle begins, both teams of Pokémon on opposing platforms. Ilyana senses danger with those big-ass ears of hers, and leaps to the ground, Digging beneath the tarmac. Wow, that's quite a pothole. That'll be expensive to fix... But it was a sensible move on her part, as she manages to avoid the light beam from Bronzor, and the poisonous blobs from Porygon. Slowpoke lets out a biiiiig yawn... Oh man, I'm losing consciousness, though that could be from the SEARING PAIN CAUSED BY MY CAR ACCIDENT. It's contagious for Bronzor though, who looks a little drowsy... Ilyana now leaps out of her pothole, and PAWNCHES Porygon! The force of it knocks them both to the highway floor. It was a nasty critical hit too!

Action 2:
Top... Of the round... Ilyana again... Gets to her feet and slaps Porygon in the face with her tail. Five times! Massive damage! Porygon responds with an electrical energy blast to Kansok, but he remains on his platform. Bronzor starts to spin at lickety speeds, and rushes at Ilyana... Bam! Nasty Gyro Ball, way to defend your partner! Where were you a few seconds ago!? Kansok watches the battle from his platform, relaxed as anything. The world could be ending around him, but he just Disables Porygon's Thunderbolt for shits and giggles. He's like Nero.

Action 3:
Here we go, action 3, and Ilyana Slaps Porygon for the KO! The RNG positively loves the little rat... Bronzor sets up for next round by creating an identical clone, which Kansok vomits a blast of hot water on to. Charming. The Sub is left with 5 HP... Which is promptly eradicated by the massive tanker coming down the road! GOOD SWEET MIKE! Ilyana doesn't take it well either though!

Calcs:
Mincinno used Dig (11 damage, 6 energy)
Porygon used Toxic (7 energy)
Bronzor used Confuse Ray (5 energy)
Slowpoke used Yawn (7 energy, Bronzor drowsy)
Mincinno used Tail Slap. Hit 5 times (25 damage, 5 energy)
Porygon used Thunderbolt (20 damage, 7 energy)
Bronzor used Gyro Ball (12 damage, 6 energy)
Slowpoke used Disable (Thunderbolt, 6 energy)
Mincinno used Tail Slap. Hit 5 times (25 damage, 9 energy)
Porygon used Thunderbolt. But it failed due to Disable! (11 energy)
Bronzor used Substitute (15 HP, 12 energy)
Slowpoke used Scald (10 damage, 5 energy)
Tanker hits Mincinno, Porygon and Bronzor (10 damage each, sub 5 HP remaining)

Team Engineer Pikachu:

HP: 68
Energy: 80

HP: 80
Energy: 85

Team dragonboy52:

HP: 85
Energy: 77
Boosts/Drops: 5 HP Substitute up

Porygon (Trace+Download)
HP: 19
Energy: 75

I am EXTREMELY unsure on that Tail Slap calc. FORTY damage?! REALLY?! That's what the calculator is giving me... I calced for one hit, then multiplied by five (RNG's a bitch).

Ok, that's a little better...

Engineer orders, dragonboy orders, me.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
On Multi-hit moves, STAB is only worth 1 iirc, so damage would be reduced by ten for each one...?

I'm getting:
((3 + 1) + 1 + 1.5(3-3)) * 1 * 5 = 25 damage???

I'm not sure how you got 8 damage per hit...

e: Do you want to re-calc the round or just go with it?

I'd prefer to recalc the round, it's only fair. But damn, that's still a lot of damage. I got to get me one of those Mincinnos...

EDIT: And I ballsed up the cars too, it's only at the end of the round, not the action. DAMN IT, ME!

Ok, the round is recalced. Not much changed, but Bronzor's sub is intact, Ilyana gained 10 HP, and Porygon didn't explode (though he is about to). Engineer, your actions please.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
ok, thanks so much. Bronzor isn't going to harm us, so let's eliminate Porygon first.

Ilyana: Tail Slap (Porygon) - Thunderbolt (Bronzor) - Fake Tears (Bronzor)
Kansok: Boiling Water (Porygon) - Safeguard (Team) - Boiling Water (Bronzor)

You hate my porygon! And so does the RNG 5 hits twice!
Anyway
Bronzor I want you to hit Ilyana with a Gyro Ball as it launches itself towards Porygon. Porygon I want you to use Recover. Then Bronzor hit Ilyana with another GyroBall while Porygon uses Tri Attack on Ilyana. Then Bronzor use Extrasensory. If Ilyana faints or Porygon has below 10 HP I want porygon to use Recover, if not Tri Attack on either Pokemon.

Don't be silly, dragonboy. I HATE EVERYONE.

Team Engineer Pikachu:

HP: 68
Energy: 80
Actions: Tail Slap (Porygon) - Thunderbolt (Bronzor) - Fake Tears (Bronzor)

Energy: 85
Boiling Water (Porygon) - Safeguard (Team) - Boiling Water (Bronzor)

Team dragonboy52:

HP: 85
Energy: 77
Boosts/Drops: 5 HP Substitute up
Actions: Gyro Ball (Ilyana) >>> Gyro Ball (Ilyana) >>> Extrasensory (Ilyana)

Porygon (Trace+Download)
HP: 19
Energy: 75
Actions: Recover >>> Tri Attack (Ilyana) >>> Recover/Tri Attack if Ilyana is active.

Turn Order: Ilyana >>> Porygon >>> Bronzor >>> Kansok

Action 1:
With no cars in the way now, Ilyana decides to go for the KO on Porygon, and smacks him with her Tail... Twice! He hangs on by the skin of his teeth and tries to to Recover 20 HP... But it fails! This is a no recover, no chill match! Bronzor moves in quickly to bash Ilyana away with a Gyro Ball attack, giving Porygon room to breathe... Until Kansok launches another Scald attack at him from above! And it burns his head because of it. A nasty 2nd degree one... But it's irrelevant, it finishes him off! And at the end of the round, Bronzor falls into a light sleep for one action. Aww, isn't he cute.

Action 2:
Ilyana and Kansok turn their attentions to the sleeping Bronzor, and cracks off a mighty Thunderbolt at him! Doesn't do so much though... But it does enough to break the Substitute! Bronzor's totally exposed! Bronzor snoozes through the round while Kansok... Puts up a status-blocking Safeguard. Bronzor wakes up.

Action 3:
In this deciding action of the round, Ilyana changes tack, and helps her partner set up. She cries loudly, from the pain in her arm, and tears spill everywhere. Bronzor takes pity on her, and it lowers his guard... Bronzor now realises his folly, and smacks her in the back of the head with psychic energy. Kansok ends the round with another Scalding blast of water, this time at Bronzor. And then, the hatchbacks come along... BANG, 5 damage to everyone, and a snapped arm for me! OH DEAR GOD!

Calcs:
Mincinno used Tail Slap (2) (10 damage, 5 energy)
Porygon used Recover (12 energy)
Bronzor used Gyro Ball (12 damage, 6 energy)
Slowpoke used Scald (10 damage, 5 energy)
Mincinno used Thunderbolt (9 damage, 7 energy, sub broken)
Slowpoke used Safeguard (7 energy)
Mincinno used Fake Tears (6 energy)
Bronzor used Extrasensory (11 damage, 5 energy)
Slowpoke used Scald (13 damage, 5 energy)
Car (5 damage to Mincinno, Porygon, Bronzor)

Team Engineer Pikachu:

HP: 40
Energy: 62

Energy: 68

Safeguard up for 4 rounds.

Team dragonboy52:

HP: 67
Energy: 66
Boosts/Drops: -2 SpD

Porygon (Trace+Download)
HP: KO

Dragonboy, Engineer, me.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to post out of turn, but a look at the rules reveals...
RULES said:
Beginner Battle
2v2 Doubles
No chills/recovers
2 Day DQ
So how exactly did Porygon successfully pull off a Recover?

... I'm sorry guys. I'm just screwing up all over the place in this match... I should've paid more attention to that, my apologies. Will recalc now.

EDIT: OK, Ilyana's in way better shape now, and Porygon's down. One KO counter for Kansok. Dragonboy, order.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ilyana: Dig (avoid Gyro Ball and hit Bronzor [Dig hits even with Levitate]) - Fake Tears - Thunderbolt
Kansok: Disable Gyro Ball - Boiling Water - Boiling Water

Team Engineer Pikachu:

Energy: 62
Actions: Dig (avoid Gyro Ball and hit Bronzor [Dig hits even with Levitate]) - Fake Tears - Thunderbolt

Energy: 68
Actions: Disable Gyro Ball - Scald - Scald

Safeguard up for 4 rounds.

Team dragonboy52:

HP: 67
Energy: 66
Boosts/Drops: -2 SpD
Actions: Gyro Ballin'!

Turn Order: Ilyana >>> Bronzor >>> Kansok

Action 1:
Poor Bronzor. He's about to be completely trolled, and you can see it in his eyes. Poor, poor Bronzor. Ilyana ducks underground, dodging the spinning plate, as Kansok, from his perch, wipes any and all memory of how to spin from Bronzor's brain. You bastard. SPINNING IS AWESOME! I AM FADING OUT OF CONSCIOUSNESS, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY SPINAL CORD FUCK. Oh, and then Ilyana PAWNCHES the plate for lots o' damage.

Action 2:
Things get worse, as Ilyana cries again. The noise lowers Bronzor's defense further, and annoys the shit out of me! He attempts to do something, but can't remember how to spin... Curses! And he gets hit with more Scalding hot water! That's GOT to sting. Not as much as a FUCKING CAR CRASH, but still.

Action 3:
I'm tired. And passing out. Thunderbolt. Gyro Fail. More Scalding hot water. And that's all she wrote, Bronzor is down to exactly 0 HP! Thank God, my ambulance is right there! It would've done 7 to us all...

Sorry for the lack of flavour. It's kind of late, and I have an exam tomorrow :(

Calcs:
Mincinno used Dig (12 damage, 6 energy)
Bronzor used Gyro Ball (6 energy)
Slowpoke used Disable (6 energy)
Mincinno used Fake Tears (6 energy)
Bronzor used Gyro Ball (10 energy)
Slowpoke used Scald (16 damage, 5 energy)
Mincinno used Thunderbolt (15 damage, 7 energy)
Bronzor used Gyro Ball (14 energy)
Slowpoke used Scald (16 damage, 9 energy)

Team Engineer Pikachu:

Energy: 43

Energy: 48

Safeguard up for 3 rounds.

Team dragonboy52:

HP: 0

Wow, didn't see that coming.

I gain 4 RC, thanks guys.

You both gain 2 TC.

Ilyana, Bronzor, and Porygon all gain 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC.

Kansok gains the same + 2 KO counters.

Again, apologies for the giant fail that was my reffing here...

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for reffing this, SoS. I had a great time reading your updates!

Also, good game, dragonboy. The match was much closer than it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)