On Courtesy to Hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

Hosts host tournaments for fun. Tournaments are the driving force behind Smogon, and it's fun to be a leader in a major, driving part of the community. I love the competition and watching high profile matches of the game we all love.

In order for it to keep being fun, players need to show the utmost courtesy to their hosts. No one is getting paid to host tournaments, it's strictly voluntary.

We all have lives outside of Smogon, so sometimes rounds are going to be posted a day or two late. Sometimes mistakes will be made in pairings. Sometimes you'll get skipped over when subs are getting lined up on accident.

Do not, under any circumstances, do the following:
1) Blame the host for kicking them out of a tournament unfairly, unless there is substantial evidence of bullying/foul play.
2) Ask in the thread or PM the host when the next round will be posted
3) Complain about minor things like "i won my match my name isn't highlighted in the OP yet :((((((("
4) Any other dumbshit complaining

If it's something major, the TD team is watching the threads and will take care of it. If a host isn't posting their rounds in a timely manner, trust me, we know about it and will take action. If there is a dispute and the host doesn't know how to take care of it, the TD team will step in and provide a ruling.

Do not be an ass to your hosts. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)