[On Site] A Guide to Rain Offense

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Completed the 'Battle Strategy' section. Also added a bit more on team building. To all extents, guide is complete. All that needs doing now is a grammar check and then it can hopefully be html-ised =). If there are any final suggestions or comments they would be appreciated.

Thanks, LR.

Where is the mention of Poliwrath? It gets rid of Tyranitar and Blissey rather easily since it absorbs Aqua Tail which gets Pseudo-Stab in rain and he gets boosted water attacks.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right here:

Poliwrath - Poliwrath makes a great counter for the Rock/Water sweepers in UU, as it resists both their STAB moves and can hit them back with super effective Fighting attacks or boosted unresisted Water attacks. Poliwrath's Water Absorb ability also makes it a good switch in into Water attacks from the other rain sweepers, but super effective Hidden Powers do hurt quite a bit. Psychic from Gorebyss does a fair chunk too.

I think Poliwrath is better at countering rain teams than it is being on them, and so it's in the 'Threats' section.

LR.

One Pokemon that could be added to the UU Support section is Articuno. It's a great Rain supporter because of U-turn and it handles Grass-types, and I find that it's a more common Rain supporter than, say, Clefable.

Articuno sees some use as a Rain Dancer (moreso than Clefable or Claydol) and has specific traits that allow it to support a Rain team well.

Right here:

Poliwrath - Poliwrath makes a great counter for the Rock/Water sweepers in UU, as it resists both their STAB moves and can hit them back with super effective Fighting attacks or boosted unresisted Water attacks. Poliwrath's Water Absorb ability also makes it a good switch in into Water attacks from the other rain sweepers, but super effective Hidden Powers do hurt quite a bit. Psychic from Gorebyss does a fair chunk too.

I think Poliwrath is better at countering rain teams than it is being on them, and so it's in the 'Threats' section.

LR.
Eh, I guess it can go both ways. In OU it makes a good supporter because of those reasons that I listed.

Poliwrath has an amazing typing and a great ability. Unfortunately, it is a bit like Arcanine in that it doesn't hit hard enough if you want it to take hits and takes too much damage if you want it to even OHKO something like Tyranitar.

just posting so i can find my way back

edit: skarmory also works as a physical wall for a rain team because of fires weakened power

just briefly made a RD team and its undefeated so far, best part is ive fought people 2-3 times in a row so they know its coming but they cant stop it, thanks man

Great guide. I was actually considering building one myself. I found it funny that at the video game showdown a rain dance team actually made it to the finals and won.

I realy enjoyed this article man, good job. Especially considering I'm whoring a Rain Dance team up the ladder yet again.

Nothing really I would comment, except Qwilfish and Kabutops shouldn't be sectioned off of OU, when Qwilfish is the most gamebreaking rain abuse there is.

Also, I found Empoleon to be a complete fucking joke in countering rain, as my Qwilfish nearly OHKOed one the other day with a +2 Waterfall. Kingdra also took one out as Waterfall + Hydro Pump is a KO. Tentacruel also isn't particularly threatening as Qwilfish, Floatzel, Kingdra, and Kabutops all 2HKO him with Waterfall in the Rain... some water resist :-0!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)