[on site] EV Training Hotspots List/Guide: 4th Generation

This project is complete! Information will be HTMLized by jumpluff mingot shortly. Thank you to all contributors!

Greetings, people! I'll get straight to the point because I don't like elaborate introductions. Recently I wrote up a Platinum EV Training Guide, found here. I received a PM from Tangerine today stating that I should update the list of useful Pokemon and what EVs they give, adding a list of useful trainers to rebattle (The current and not-so-impressive list can be found here). Unfortunately, I am only one person, and I can't do this alone. For this reason, I will need you guys' help...and a lot of it!

This thread exists to tackle the following questions:
  • Where are all the DPP trainers that would be convenient to rebattle during an EV Training process?
  • What Pokemon do they have and what EVs do they give?
  • Why are specific trainers, not a series of random ones, useful to rebattle?
  • What are useful Pokemon that can be used to train certain EVs? (The list in my guide doesn't have DP stuff, and more [quality] content is always appreciated!)
Note: we are not detailing ALL trainers and Pokemon, but only useful ones.

To put it simply, this project aims to update the current EVing Article with a list of researched information that answers the above questions.

Please Help Out!

Please post in this thread if you express interest in this.

This project might take a little time, given the large number of trainers out there. It sounds boring, but think about all the people that can benefit from this! Upon the completion of this project, members from Gamefaqs could quite possibly stop creating threads like "WHERE EV TRAIN PLACE!?" Remember guys, many hands make light work! Providing little bits of information on a regular basis can really get this project going, because the list will slowly but surely be finished. If you are in any way consistently involved with this project, you will be given credit and acknowledgments when the guide (list?) is ready to go! I really look forward to working with everyone.

The Process

Please refer to this thread as we are going to work on something similar to that. The only difference is that this will be combined with the current EV manual and will be in list/table form. Don't hesitate to help and don't be shy!

Volunteers or contributors will then feed information to me, which I will continuously update. I myself (of course) will do the necessary research, so everyone working together is really the essential thing.

Messy List

All research goes into this messy draft. Let me start us off with a couple of trainers and their information. Note that this is just a DRAFT. The real one will not look like this at all (we'll also make the language more sophisticated)!

It is not necessary to list all locations. Simply list useful ones.
It is not necessary to list all Pokemon/trainers. Simply list useful ones (but the list itself should be diverse enough to have numerous options for where to EV train what).

It would be great if you helped mention the level range that the Pokemon are found at (but you don't have to)!
It would also be great if you helped mention the specific location of where the trainer is (but you don't have to)!

Diamond/Pearl Sinnoh said:
HP EVs
(Pokemon) - Bidoof [Route 201] - 1 HP: Since Bidoof are weak, they are good for low-leveled Pokemon to train HP EVs. Bidoof are around Level 3.
(Pokemon) - Gastrodon [Route 222] - 2 HP: Gastrodon here are at Level 40, so make sure the Pokemon you are EV Training is around that level as well!
(Pokemon) - Shellos [Route 205 South] - 1 HP: Shellos here are around Level 9.
(Pokemon) - Wooper/Quagsire [Route 212 South] 1 HP / 2 HP Respectively: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Wooper appear 90% of the time and Quagsire 10% regardless of the time of day while surfing. They are level 20-40.
(Trainer) - Cowgirl Shelly [Route 209] - Bidoof x5 (5 HP): Cowgirl Shelly has 5 Bidoof all at once so that you won't need to search for them in tall grass! She is located near the couple that doesn't stop moving.
(Trainer) - Tuber Jared [Route 213] Shellos x3 (3 HP): Tuber Jared stars off with 3 Shellos on the first and second times you fight him (Levels 19-29), but on the third+ time you fight him, he has 3 Gastrodon (Levels 51-53) that give 2 HP EVs each.

etc.

Atk EVs
(Pokemon) - Seaking / Gyarados [Twinleaf Town] - 2 Atk: Use a Super Rod to fish in the pond south of Twinleaf Town. You will find Gyarados and Seaking, both of which give 2 Atk EVs. Seaking are around Level 20-50; Gyarados are around Level 30-55.
(Trainer) - PI Carlos [Route 214] - Goldeen x3 (3 Atk): PI Carlos' Goldeen are all at Level 23. They all evolve into Seakings eventually though...
(Trainer) - Swimmer Sheltin [Route 213] - Gyarados x3 (6 Atk): Right off the bat, this guy has 3 Gyarados.

Def EVs
(Pokemon) - Geodude / Hippopotas [Ruin Maniac Cave] - 1 Def: The Ruin Maniac Cave is full of Geodude and Hippopotas, both of which give 1 Def EV each. Watch out though, Geodude knows Selfdestruct. If your Pokemon is KOed by it, you won't get any EVs! Both Geodude and Hippopotas are found at Levels 22-24.
(Pokemon) - Geodude / Onix [Oreburgh Mine] - 1 Def: Geodude and Onix are at Levels 5-10.
(Pokemon) - Pelipper [Route 224] - 2 Def: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Pelliper appear 65% of the time regardless of the time of day while surfing. They are level 40-55.
(Trainer) - Hiker Theodore [Route 206] - Onix x2 (2 Def): This guy starts off the first 2 matches with 2 Onix, giving 1 Def EVs each (Levels 15 - Match 1, Levels 29 - Match 2), but they turn into Steelix in the third+ battle (third battle Levels 37-39, fourth battle and beyond Levels 57-59). Steelix give 2 Def EVs each.
(Trainer) - Psychic Daisy [Route 225] - Slowbro x2 (4 Def): Her Slowbro are at Levels 51-55 the first time you fight her. The second time and beyond, they are at Levels 58-60.

SpA EVs
(Pokemon) - Golduck [Resort Area] - 2 SpA: Surf in the pond in the Resort Area to find Golducks 100% of the time. They give 2 SpA EVs each. Golduck are around Level 40-55.
(Pokemon) - Gastly [Old Chateau] - 1 SpA: You can find Gastly 100% of the time in the Old Chateau, found in Eterna Forest. By inserting a GBA Cartridge into your DS, you can find Haunter and Gengar occasionally, which give 2 SpA and 3 SpA EVs respectively. Gastly are around Level 12-16.
(Trainer) - Collector Douglas [Route 214] - Roselia x3 (6 SpA): Collector Douglas has 3 Roselia that are at Levels 22-24. Each Roselia gives 2 SpA!
(Trainer) - Scientist Shaun [Route 212]: Kadabra x1, Abra x1 (3 SpA): The first time you fight this guy his Pokemon are both at Level 19. The second time, he has two Kadabra at Levels 28-30 (4 SpA EVs). The third time, he still has 2 Kadabra at Levels 36-40. Then, on the fourth time and beyond, he has 2 Alakazam (6 SpA EVs) at Level 53.

SpD EVs

(Pokemon) - Tentacruel / Tentacool [Everywhere] - 2 SpD / 1 SpD Respectively: Surf anywhere in Sinnoh and you'll find Tentacool or Tentacruel.
(Pokemon) - Tentacruel / Mantyke [Route 223] - 2 SpD / 1 SpD Respectively: This is a good place to train for SpD EVs because Tentacruel (Level 30-50) appear 60% of the time while Mantyke (Level 30-40) appear 10% of the time.
(trainer) - Dragon Tamer Hayden [Route 224] - Swablu x2 (2 SpD): He starts off with 2 Swablu at Levels 54-57, then, on the 2nd time and beyond, he has 2 Altaria (4 SpD EVs) at Levels 60.

Spe EVs
(Pokemon) - Starly [Route 201] - 1 Spe: Starly are weak and are the perfect opponents that low-leveled Pokemon can face.
(Pokemon) - Magikarp [Fish Anywhere with Old Rod] - 1 Spe: Weaklings! They're found all over Sinnoh. They are around Levels 3-8.
(Pokemon) - Golbat [Victory Road] - 2 Spe: The first basement level in Victory Road has Golbat swimming all over the ponds if you Surf.
(Trainer) - Fisherman Andrew [Route 205] - Magikarp x6 (6 Spe): Fisherman Andrew can be found west of Eterna City on a bridge; he is the one facing east. He has 6 Magikarp with him, perfect for training a lot of Speed EVs all in one battle!
(Trainer) - Collector Jamal [Route 214] - Buizel x3 (3 Spe): Collector Jamal's Buizel are at Levels 21-24.
(Pokemon) Poliwhirl/Poliwag [Route 227 Surf] - 1 Spe / 2 Spe Respectively: A nice spot if you don't mind EXP gain when EV training. Poliwhirl is found 70% of the time and Poliwag is found 30% regardless of the time of day. Poliwhirl is level 40-55 while Poliwag is 20-30.
Platinum Sinnoh said:
HP EVs
(Pokemon) - Shellos [Valley Windworks/Route 205] - 1 HP: Shellos here are weak and appear around 65% of the time.
(Pokemon) - Marill [Route 215] - 2 HP: Marill here are around Levels 20-22; they give 2 HP EVs each. In the day they appear 25% of the time; in the night, they appear 45% of the time.
(Pokemon) - Azumarill [Victory Road] - 3 HP: Azumarill can be found in B1F (with water). You can find them 30% of the time and they give 3 HP EVs each! They are at Levels 41-49.
(Trainer) - Maid Challenge [Trophy Garden Mansion]: Clefairy x5 (10 HP): Down the left hallway of the Trophy Garden Mansion, you can fight five maids. They each have a Clefairy ranging from Levels 25-33.
(Trainer) - Rich Boy Liam / Lady Celeste [Trophy Garden Mansion]: Blissey x1 (3 HP): If you defeated the mansion maids within a set turn limit, you'll get to fight one of these trainers. They have a Level 35 Blissey holding a Rare Candy!
(Trainer) - Tuber Jared [Route 213]: Shellos x3 (3 HP): Tuber Jared starts off with 3 Shellos (Levels 25-32 on the first and second time you fight him), but the third time you fight him, he has 3 Gastrodon (Levels 51!)
(Trainer) - Cheryl [Battleground]: The Battleground can be accessed after you complete the Stark Mountain sidequest (after the Looker guy foils Team Galactic's Final plan). It's in a restaurant in the Survival Area. Cheryl is among one of the trainers, she's great for training HP EVs! Her party consists of Pokemon from Levels 61-65. She has a Wobbuffet, Hariyama, Wailord, Drifblim (2 HP EVs each), and Blissey (3 HP EVs).

Atk EVs
(Pokemon) - Shinx [Route 202] - 1 Atk: Shinx are weak; they are at levels 3-4.
(Pokemon) - Machop [Route 205] - 1 Atk: Machop can be found at Levels 5-7.
(Pokemon) - Bibarel [Route 209] - 2 Atk: Route 209 is the easiest place to find Bibarel (30% chance). They are at Levels 18-19.
(Trainer) - Swimmer Sheltin [Route 213]: Gyarados x3 (6 Atk) - Swimmer Sheltin has 3 Gyarados, all at Level 32.
(Trainer) - Cyclist John [Cycling Road]: Cyclist John initially starts off with 1 Starly and 1 Staravia (3 Spe EVs total), but after rebattling him a few times he eventually has 1 Staraptor (Level 59) - 3 Atk EVs, 1 Dodrio (Level 58) - 2 Atk EVs, and 1 Farfetch'd (Level 57) - 1 Atk EV.
(Trainer) - Jogger Craig [Route 215]: Joger Craig starts off with 2 Luxio (Levels 22-24) that give 2 Atk EVs each. On the second battle his Luxio are Levels 43. On the third battle+, he has Level 59 Luxray instead; both give 3 Attack EVs each.

Def EVs
(Pokemon) - Geodude / Onix [Oreburgh Mine] - 1 Def: Geodude and Onix are at Levels 5-10.
(Pokemon) - Graveler / Steelix [Iron Island] - 2 Def: Iron Island can be accessed via Canalave City. Graveler can be found all over the place, but Steelix can only be found at the bottommost floor. Onix (1 Def EV) can also be found. Pokemon here are around Levels 30-34.
(Pokemon) - Graveller/Rhyhorn/Geodude [Route 214] - 2 Def / 1 Def / 1 Def Respectively: Graveller is found 35% of the time during the Morning and Day, and 25% of the time during Night. Rhyhorn is found 30% of the time during the Morning and Night, and 20% of the time during Day. Geodude is found 20% of the time regardless of the time of day. The ideal time to train here is morning, where Graveller appears 35% of the time, Rhyhorn 30%, and Geodude 20%. They are all between level 21-24.
(Trainer) - Hiker Kevin [Route 207]: Onix x1, Geodude x3 (4 Def) - Hiker Kevin has 1 Onix and 3 Geodude at low levels (17-19). They give 1 Def EV each.

SpA EVs
(Pokemon) - Gastly [Old Chateau] - 1 SpA: Like in DP, Gastly are abundant in Old Chateau. Gastly are around Level 12-16.
(Trainer) - Scientist Shaun [Route 212]: Kadabra x1, Magnemite x1 (3 SpA): The first two times you fight Scientist Shaun his Kadabra and Magnemite are at Levels 30-42; Magnemite gives 1 SpA EV, while Kadabra gives 2 SpA EVs. On the third time you fight him, his Magnemite evolves into a Magneton (Level 46), while his Kadabra does not evolve (Level 42). Both give 2 SpA EVs each. The fourth time and above, his Kadabra evolves into an Alakazam (Level 51), which gives 3 SpA EVs. His Magneton does not evolve (Level 55); it gives 2 SpA EVs.
(Trainer) - Mira [Battleground]: See Cheryl (Plat HP EVs) on how to get to the Battleground. Mira's Pokemon are from Levels 61-65. Cheryl has a Porygon-Z, Magnezone, Gengar, Alakazam (3 SpA EVs each!), and a Togekiss (2 SpA EVs / 1 SpD EV).

SpD EVs
(Pokemon) - Tentacruel / Tentacool [Everywhere] - 2 SpD / 1 SpD Respectively: Surf anywhere in Sinnoh and you'll find Tentacool or Tentacruel.
(Pokemon) - Tentacruel / Mantyke [Route 223] - 2 SpD / 1 SpD Respectively: This is a good place to train for SpD EVs because Tentacruel (Level 30-50) appear 60% of the time while Mantyke (Level 30-40) appear 10% of the time.
(Trainer) - Beauty Devon [Route 214] - Wormadam x3 (6 SpD): Beauty Devon has 3 Wormadam at Levels 24 each. Each give out 2 SpD EVs.

Spe EVs
(Pokemon) - Starly [Route 201] - 1 Spe: Starly are really weak, and they give 1 Spe EV each. They are Levels 2-3.
(Pokemon) - Pikachu / Staravia [Trophy Garden] - 2 Spe: These Pokemon are commonly found in the Trophy Garden. Pichu (1 Spe) are also easily found. To avoid being paralyzed by Pikachu's and Pichu's Static, stick with hitting them with Special Attacks.
(Pokemon) - Golbat / Floatzel [Victory Road] - 2 Spe each: The first basement level in Victory Road has Golbat and Floatzel swimming all over the ponds if you Surf.
(Pokemon) Poliwhirl/Poliwag [Route 227 Surf] - 1 Spe / 2 Spe Respectively: A nice spot if you don't mind EXP gain when EV training. Poliwhirl is found 70% of the time and Poliwag is found 30% regardless of the time of day. Poliwhirl is level 35-55 while Poliwag is 35-45.
(Pokemon) - Sneasel/Golbat [Snowpoint Temple] 1 Spe / 2 Spe Respectively: A nice spot to train for Speed EVs. Golbat is found 80% of the time and Sneasel is found 10% regardless of the time of day. They are level 47-50.
(Trainer) - Fisherman Andrew [Route 205]: Magikarp x6 (6 Spe): Similar to DP, Fisherman Andrew is found west of Eterna City, on the bridge. He faces east and has six Magikarp with him. Handy!
(Trainer) - Ninja Boy Zach [Route 211]: Zubat x3 (3 Spe): Ninja Boy Zach is found in Route 211, east of Eterna City. He starts off with having some Level 14 Zubats, but after a few battles, they evolve into Level 50 Golbats! Golbats give 2 Speed EVs each.
The aim is to fill both of the lists above and allow trainers to easily refer to them during EV Training.

Let's do this, folks!

Reference:

http://www.psypokes.com/dp/map.php

Good day mingot; here's a list of edits that need to be made directly into the EV Hotspots table. Sorry for taking so long on this, but I've been busy lately! Edits are in red.

Diamond and Pearl

Wild
  1. HP EVs - Wooper: "Surf on Route 212 South" [let's maintain consistency and use Surf, not Surfing)
  2. Atk EVs - Seaking / Gyarados: "Fish with Super Rod at the southern pond of Twinleaf Town"
  3. Def EVs - Geodude / Hippopotas: "Ruin Maniac's Cave"
  4. Speed EVs - Magikarp: "Fish with Old Rod in any water (delete period)"
Trainer
  1. HP EVs - (Cowgirl Shelly) Location: "Route 209". Notes: "Cowgirl Shelly is located near the constantly moving couple, south of Solaceon Town."
  2. Atk EVs - (PI Carlos) Notes: "PI Carlos is the man with purple hair who is standing near the walking Collector on Route 214. He is within the maze of fences and is wearing what appears to be a suit."
  3. Atk EVs - (Swimmer Sheltin)
  4. SpD EVs - (Dragon Tamer Hayden) Notes: "To find Dragon Tamer Hayden (delete "him"), go to Route 224 via Victory Road. Dragon Tamer Hayden has the sprite of an Ace Trainer (with green hair)."
  5. Spe EVs - (Fisherman Andrew) Location: Route 205
  6. Spe EVs - (Collector Jamal) Remember to put a period at the end of the Notes
Platinum

Wild
  1. Def EVs - (Geodude / Hippopotas) Location: Ruin Maniac's Cave
  2. SpA EVs - (Gastly) Level Range: 12-16
Trainer
  1. HP EVs - (Rich Boy Liam or Lady Celeste) [Fill them in the blank column of the trainer with the Blissey]
  2. HP EVs - (Pokemon Trainer Cheryl) [She's the last one on the HP EVs list)
  3. Spe EVs - (Fisherman Andrew) Location: Route 205

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would strongly suggest that once this information is compiled that it actually go directly into the current EV training article, unless there is a good reason for it not to be like this. Once the list is done the new HTML can be edited into the current article that is onsite with little problem.

DP Atk: Fishing in the lake in Twinleaf has Gyarados and Seaking, both which give 2 Atk EVs

DP SpA: Surfing in the lake in the Resort area gets you only Golduck, which give 2 SpA EVs
Also: House in Eterna Forest (Old Chateou I think...) has Gastly only with 1 SpA EV for lower level pokemon to train

DP Def: Ruin Maniac Cave has both Geodude and Hippoptas, which are each 1 Def EV (note: Geodude know selfdestruct, and if that KOs you, you dont get the experience or EVs)

DP HP: 5 Bidoof Rancher Girl from Route 209.

DP Spe: 6 Magikarp Fisherman from Route 205.

DP SpA: 3 Roselia Collector from Route 214.

Some interesting trainers off the top of my head. Thanks ^^.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
DPPt SpA: Old Chateau has all those Gastlies (and Haunters and Gengars w/ a GBA cartridge).

Leading with the Pokemon you want to train and then switching to a Magic Guard Clefairy to finish the job can ensure flawless victory (Clefairy is immune to Lick and Night Shade, Spite does nothing on the switch in, being trapped by Mean Look is irrelevant when you're just going to defeat it, and Magic Guard blocks Curse damage.)

mingot - Since we're doing DPP hotspots, the name of the current EVing Article will have to change. But I think we can do that.

Everyone else, thank you. Keep the contributions coming (I'll update the list in a while!)

Here's a few of the trainers I've been using in Platinum. This is assuming you have the corresponding power item and PKRS.

Plat Speed:
Trainer - Fisherman Andrew is back with his 6 Magikarp on Rt 205, just west of Eterna City. They range from lvl 8 to 16 I believe, so really anything can beat him. This will lead to a quick and easy 60 Speed EVs per battle, who you can keep refighting over and over and over...

Trainer - Roaming Pokécenter Battle, Pokékid Ariel. This one also nets a total of 60 Speed EVs. She changes locations based on what day it is, but she has 3 Pokémon. 1 Pichu, 1 Pikachu, and 1 Raichu. Nothing hard, they're around lvl 48 or 50.

Trainer - Ninja Boy Zach is found on Rt 211, east of Eterna City, in the grass above the bridge before Mt.Coronet. He requires a few battles, but he'll eventually have a lvl 50ish Golbat and 2 lvl 50ish Crobats. This guy offers 50 Speed EVs as well as some decent EXP.

Plat HP:
Trainers - Once a day you can take the 5 maid challenge, each maid has 1 Clefairy ranging from I believe lvl 22 - 27, inside the Trophy Garden Mansion, down the left hallway. If you succeed in beating them within the turn limit, you get to fight a Blissey. These ladies can net you a total of 74 HP EVs, or 60 if you didn't get the Blissey, a day.

Trainer - Another spot is the daily pokécenter battles, which changes everyday. The roaming Idol has 5 Clefairy as well, but they're around lvl 48. This will also earn you another 60 HP EVs a day.

I haven't found a good trainer "hotspot" for the other stats yet. I usually just fight wild Pokémon. ** These values are noted without PKRS and the corresponding power item. **

Plat Sp.Atk:
Pokémon - Old Chateau. The place is full of nothing but Gastly, with the occasional Gengar if you have a GBA game interested. Gastly are worth 1 SpA EV while Gengar are worth 3.

Plat Sp.D:
Pokémon - Surf away! Surfing just about anywhere works. Tentacool and Tentacruel are everywhere, and they're worth 1 and 2 EVs respectively.

Plat Defense:
Pokémon - Oreburgh Mine. Low lvl Geodude and Onix are all over the place here, both are worth 1 EV.

Plat Attack:
Pokémon - You can either fight Shix on Rt 203 or 202 for 1 EV, Machop on Rt 205 for another 1 EV, or Machoke by the Fight Area by the Battle Tower for 2 EVs.

Hope this can be of help! =)

Excellent! Thank you Groved, this will surely help!

I am focusing on trainers and have found some interesting ones:

1. Collector Jamal (Route 214) - Buizel x3
2. Collector Brady (Route 214) - Ponyta x3
3. PI Carlos (Route 214) - Goldeen x3

Iron Island is a great place to train for defense. Wild Graveler(2), Onix(1), and Steelix(2) all give superb defense IVs (a strong ghost type and an exp. share is good for dealing with the rampant selfdestructs).

The Trophy Garden is great for speed, with wild Staravia (2), Pikachu (2), and Pichu(1), and only the somewhat-common Roselia to get in the way. Special attacks would be preferred over physical here so that Static doesn't get too annoying.

I'll post more as I encounter them.

I'd like to bring Serebii's Pokearth to your attention. Particularly the fact that it lists all the trainers and their teams, as well as their improved teams for the ones that level up in rematches.

I'd like to help but I seriously doubt I can contribute much since everyone else is already on top of things. One thing I'd like to mention though is that PI Carlos's Goldeens all evolve, so he ends up with three Seakings. Sadly, that's in D/P. He only has one Goldeen/Seaking in Platinum.

And Gahagan, it only doesn't work at Lv100. Any other level it does work.

It would certainly be interesting if we could create something similar to Pokearth than a plain old table, but I unfortunately lack any knowledge to make such things. I might steal some pictures though...we'll have to see. About PI Carlos, noted.

It would certainly be interesting if we could create something similar to Pokearth than a plain old table, but I unfortunately lack any knowledge to make such things. I might steal some pictures though...we'll have to see. About PI Carlos, noted.
On the topic of Carlos, you say

They all evolve into Seakings eventually though...
like it's a bad thing. Seaking gives 2 Attack EVs, I fail to see the downside.

This is a draft. Descriptions don't really matter yet...like I said, I'll make it more sophisticated once we have gathered enough information (which looks like soon enough). Anyway I'm going to stop posting because I have posted around 15 times today >.<

For Spdef:

Pokeradar Mr. Mime on route 218.

Pokeradaring in general is the best way to train this stat efficiently. You can also Pokeradar Togepi on route 230.

Quoted from MegaMewtwo in the Simple Question/Simple Answer thread in the WiFi section, regarding the Box Trick for EVs.

Sadly, your quote is incorrect. No experience also means no EVs. No EVs means no EV training. So if something's at Lv100 and not EVed right it's screwed.
Edit : I will confirm this either way independently for you tomorrow, as now I'm curious as well. But it's like, 3am. I need sleep.

I am fairly certain that you can gain EVs at level 100. Or at the very least, you can change stats with those statup/down items.

I WILL FORMAT THIS WHEN MORE INFORMATION IS GATHERED

Platinum Pokemon

HP EVs:

Pokemon - Route 201, 202, Lake Verity - Bidoof: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. These are found 50% of the time during the day, and 40% of the time during Morning and Night (50% in Lake Verity and Route 202). Bidoof gives 1 HP EV. They're level 2-4.

Pokemon - Route 212 North, Route 215 - Marill: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. These are found 45% of the time during the night, and 25% of the time during Morning and Day. Marill gives 2 HP EVs. They are level 21-23.

Pokemon - Route 212 South - Shellos/Quagsire: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EX gain when EV training. Shellos is found 45% of the time, while Quagsire is found 30% of the time regardless of the time of day. Shellos gives 1 HP EV while Quagsire gives 2. Both are level 23-26

Attack EVs

Pokemon - Route 217 - Snover/Swinub: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. Snover are found 40% of the time during the Morning and Day, and 30% of the time during Night. Swinub is found 35% of the time regardless of the time of day. The ideal time to train here is in the Morning, where Snover appears 40% of the time and Swinub 35% of the time. They both give 1 Attack EV and are level 32-35.

Pokemon - Solaceon Ruins - Unknown: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. Unknown are found 100% of the time anywhere in the ruins regardless of the time of day. They give 1 Special Attack and Attack EV. They are level 14-25.

Note: Unknown are for Physically Mixed training. This is the only mixed spot I included (see note at bottom of Pokemon section).

Defence EVs

Pokemon - Route 214 - Graveller/Rhyhorn/Geodude: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. Graveller is found 35% of the time during the Morning and Day, and 25% of the time during Night. Rhyhorn is found 30% of the time during the Morning and Night, and 20% of the time during Day. Geodude is found 20% of the time regardless of the time of day. The ideal time to train here is morning, where Graveller appears 35% of the time, Rhyhorn 30%, and Geodude 20%. Graveller gives 2 Defence EVs, Rhyhorn gives 1, and Geodude gives 1. They are all between level 21-24.

Pokemon - Route 224 - Pelliper: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Pelliper is found 60% of the time while surfing regardless of the time of day. Pelliper gives 2 Defence EVs. They are level 35-55.

Pokemon - Iron Island B1F Left + Right Cave - Graveller/Onix: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Graveller is found 70% of the time, and Onix 10% regardless of the time of day. Graveller gives 2 defence EVs while Onix gives 1. They are both level 30-33.

Pokemon - Ruin Maniac's Cave - Geodude/Hippopotas: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. Geodude is found 95% of the time and Hippopotas 5% regardless of the time of day. They both give 1 Defence EV. They are both level 21-24.

Special Attack EVs

Pokemon - Resort Area - Golduck/Psyduck: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Golduck is found 90% of the time while surfing and Psyduck 10% regardless of the time of day. Golduck gives 2 Speciall Attack EVs while Psyduck gives 1. Golduck is level 35-55 while Psyduck is 35-45.

Pokemon - Solaceon Ruins - Unknown: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. Unknown are found 100% of the time anywhere in the ruins regardless of the time of day. They give 1 Special Attack and Attack EV. They are level 14-25.

Note: Unknown are for Physically Mixed training.

Special Defence EVs

Good spots covered

Speed EVs

Pokemon - Route 201, Lake Verity - Starly: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. These are found 50% of the time regardless of the time of day. Starly gives 1 Speed EV. They're level 2-3.

Pokemon - Route 222 - Floatzel/Electabuzz: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Floatzel is found 20% of the time during the Morning and Day, and 40% of the time during night. Electabuzz is found 30% of the time during the Morning and Day, and 20% of the time during Night. The ideal time to train here is Night when Floatzel appears 40$ of the time and Electabuzz appears 20%. Floatzel and Electabuzz both give 2 Speed EVs. They are level 38-41

Pokemon - Route 227 - Poliwhirl/Poliwag: A nice spot if you don't mind EXP gain when EV training. Poliwhirl is found 70% of the time and Poliwag is found 30% regardless of the time of day. Poliwhirl gives 2 Speed EVs while Poliwag gives 1. Poliwhirl is level 35-55 while Poliwag is 35-45.

Pokemon - Snowpoint Temple - Golbat/Sneasel: A nice spot if you don't mind EXP gain when EV training. Golbat is found 80% of the time and Sneasel is found 10% regardless of the time of day. Golbat gives 2 Speed EVs while Sneasel gives 1. They are level 47-50.

Pokemon - Victory Road B1F - Floatzel/Golbat: A nice spot if you don't mind EXP gain when EV training. Floatzel is found 90% of the time while surfing and Golbat 10% regardless of the time of day. They both give 2 Speed EVs. They are level 30-50.

Platinum Trainers

Single EV Training

HP EVs:

Trainer - Route 213 - Tuber Jared: This guy starts off with 3 Shellos (3 base EVs per battle), but after the 3rd VS.Seeker rematch he acquires 3 Gastrodon (6 base EVs per battle).

1st Battle: Shellos 25, 25, 26
2nd Battle: Shellos 32, 32, 32
3rd+ Battle: Gastrodon 51, 51, 51

Attack EVs:

Trainer - Route 213 - Swimmer Sheltin: Right off the bat, this guy has 3 Gyarados, which give 2 Attack EVs each (6 base EVs per battle). A great spot if you don't feel like super rodding these badboys.

1st+ Battle: Gyarados 32, 32, 32

Trainer - Route 215 - Jogger Craig: A very nice addition if Gyarados aren't your thing to kill. This guy starts with 2 Luxio's, but after the 2nd battle they become Luxrays, which give 3 Attack EVs each. That's 6 base EVs per battle.

1st Battle: Luxio 22|Luxio 24
2nd Battle: Luxio 43|Luxio 43
3rd+ Battle: Luxray 59|Luxray 59

Defence EVs:

Trainer - Route 207 - Hiker Kevin: A very good defence spot IMO. He has 3 Geodudes and 1 Onix (4 base EVs per battle). If you don't feel like getting KOed by Selfdestruct in the Cave, or don't feel like running around and want consistent EVs, then Hiker Kevin is a good choice.

1st+ Battle: Geodude 17, 17, 19|Onix 19.

Special Attack EVs:

Trainer - Route 212 - Scientist Shaun: A great place for Special Attack EV training. He starts with Magnemite and Kadabra, but after the 3rd battle Magnemite changes to Magneton, and after the 4th battle Kadabra changes to Alakazam. Magneton gives 2 Special Attack EVs while Alakazam gives 3. That's 5 base EVs per battle.

1st Battle: Magnemite 30|Kadabra 26
2nd Battle: Magnemite 36|Kadabra 32
3rd Battle: Magneton 46|Kadabra 42
4th Battle: Magneton 55|Alakazam 51

Special Defence EVs

Trainer - Route 214 - Beauty Devon: Another nice trainer I came across. She has 3 Wormadams, each giving 2 Special Defence EVs - much better than surfring for Tentacruel (base 6 EVs per battle)!

1st+ Battle: Wormadamx3|24

Speed EVs

Trainer - Route 205 North - Fisherman Andrew: If you don't want to level much with Ninjaboy this is a great alternative as this guy's Pokemon are low level. He has SIX Magikarp, each giving 1 speed EV! That makes 6 base EVs per battle with little EXP gain.

1st+ Battle: Magikarp 8, 10, 12, 12, 14, 16

Diamond/Pearl Pokemon

HP EVs:

Pokemon - Route 212 South - Wooper/Quagsire: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Wooper appear 90% of the time and Quagsire 10% regardless of the time of day while surfing. Wooper gives 1 HP EV while Quagsire gives 2. They are level 20-40.

Attack EVs:

Pokemon - Solaceon Ruins - Unknown: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. Unknown appear 100% of the time regardless of the time of day. Unknown give 1 Attack and 1 Special Attack EV. They are level 14-25.

Defence EVs:

Pokemon - Route 224 - Pelliper: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Pelliper appear 65% of the time regardless of the time of day while surfing. Pelliper give 2 Defence EVs. They are level 40-55.

Pokemon - Iron Island B1F Left/Right Cave - Graveller/Onix/Geodude: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Graveller appear 69% of the time, Onix 10%, and Geodude 1% regardless of the time of day. Graveller gives 2 Defence EVs, and Onix and Geodude give 1. They are level 29-33.

Pokemon - Oreburgh Mine 1F - Geodude/Onix: A nice spot if you want minimal EXP gain when EV training. Geodude appears 70% of the time and Onix 10% regardless of the time of day. They both give 1 Defence EV. They are level 5-9.

Special Attack EVs:

Pokemon - Solaceon Ruins - Unknown: A nice spot if you're looking for minimal EXP gain when EV training. Unknown appear 100% of the time regardless of the time of day. Unknown give 1 Attack and 1 Special Attack EV. They are level 14-25.

Special Defence EVs:

Good spots covered.

Speed EVs:

Pokemon - Route 227 - Poliwhirl/Poliwag: A nice spot if you don't mind the EXP gain when EV training. Poliwhirl appear 70% of the time and Poliwag 30% regardless of the time of day while surfing. Poliwhirl gives 2 Speed EVs while Poliwag gives 1. Poliwag is level 20-30 and Poliwhirl is level 40-55.

Pokemon - Anywhere - Magikarp: Very nice if you want minimal EXP gain when EV training. Use an Old Rod anywhere and Magikarp will appear 100% of the time regardless of the time of day. Magikarp gives 1 Speed EV. They are roughly level 3-8.

Diamond/Pearl Trainers

HP EVs:

Trainer - Route 213 - Tuber Jared: This guy starts off with 3 Shellos (3 base EVs per battle), but after the 3rd VS.Seeker rematch he acquires 3 Gastrodon (6 base EVs per battle).

1st Battle: Shellos 19, 20, 21
2nd Battle: Shellos 28, 27, 29
3rd+ Battle: Gastrodon 52, 53, 51

Trainer - Route 209 - Cowgirl Shelley: Awwwh yeah, it's Cowgirl Shelley! Right away she has 5 Bidoofs, each giving 1 HP EV each. That's 5 base EVs per battle.

1st+ Battle: Bidoof 14, 15, 16, 15, 15

Attack EVs:

Trainer - Route 213 - Swimmer Sheltin: Right off the bat, this guy has 3 Gyarados, which give 2 Attack EVs each (6 base EVs per battle). A great spot if you don't feel like super rodding these badboys.

1st+ Battle: Gyarados 30, 29, 31

Trainer - Route 214 - P.I. Carlos: A very nice Attack EV Training spot if you don't like to massacre Gyarados. This guy starts off with 3 Goldeen, but after the 2nd battle they become Seakings. Seakings give 2 Attack EVs. That's 6 base EVs per battle.

1st Battle: Goldeenx3|23
2nd Battle: Goldeen 36|Seakingx2 37, 38
3rd Battle: Seakingx3 56, 57, 58

Defence EVs:

Trainer - Route 206 - Hiker Theodore: A decent Defence Training spot. He starts off with 2 Onix but after the 3rd battle they both become Steelix. Steelix gives 2 Defence EVs. That's 4 base EVs per battle.

1st Battle: Onix 15|Onix 15
2nd Battle: Onix 29|Onix 29
3rd Battle: Onix 37|Steelix 39
4th+ Battle: Steelix 57|Steelix 59

Trainer - Route 221 - Collector Ivan: This guy is a good spot for Defence EV training because he doesn't require any rematches. Right away he has 3 Hippopotas. Hippopotas give 1 Defence EV. That's 3 base EVs per battle.

1st+ Battle: Hippopotasx3|28

Trainer - Route 225 - Psychic Daisy: This gal is a good spot for Defence EV training if you're in a good mood for Slowbro hunting. Aww yeah. At first she has a Slowpoke and Slowbro, but after the 1st battle the Slowpoke becomes a Slowbro. Slowbro give 2 Defence EVs. That's 4 base EVs per battle.

1st Battle: Slowpoke 51|Slowbro 55
2nd+ Battle: Slowbro 58|Slowbro 60

Special Attack EVs:

Trainer - Route 212 - Scientist Shaun: A great place for Special Attack EV training. He starts with Abra and Kadabra, but after the 2nd battle Abra changes to Kadabra, and after the 4th battle they both change to Alakazam. Alakazam gives 3 Special Attack EVs. That's 6 base EVs per battle.

1st battle: Abra 19|Kadabra 19
2nd battle: Kadabra 30|Kadabra 28
3rd battle: Kadabra 40|Kadabra 36
4th+ battle: Alakazam 53|Alakazam 53

Trainer - Route 214 - Collector Douglas: Another amazing place for Special Attack EV training. This one's good because it doesn't require any rematching, and the Roselias he has are low level. This trainer has 3 Roselias, each giving 2 Special Attack EVs. That's 6 base EVs per battle.

1st+ Battle: Roselia 20, 22, 24

Trainer - Route 214 - Psychic Mitchell: Another amazing place for Special Attack EV training. This guy starts off with a Haunter and Kadabra, but after the 2nd battle they become Gengar and Alakazam. Gengar and Alakazam both give 3 Special Attack EVs per battle. That's 6 base EVs per battle.

1st Battle: Haunter 23|Kadabra 23
2nd Battle: Haunter 38|Kadabra 42
3rd+ Battle: Gengar 58|Alakazam 58

Special Defence EVs

Trainer - Route 224 - Dragon Tamer Hayden: This is probably the best Special Defence EV training spot you'll find. He starts off with a Swablu and Altaria, but after the 1st Battle the Swablu becomes an Altaria. Altaria give 2 Special Defence EVs. That's 4 base EVs per battle.

1st Battle: Swablu 54|Altaria 57
2nd Battle: Altaria 60|Altaria 60

Speed EVs

Trainer - Route 205 North - Fisherman Andrew: If you don't want to level much with Ninjaboy this is a great alternative as this guy's Pokemon are low level. He has SIX Magikarp, each giving 1 speed EV! That makes 6 base EVs per battle with little EXP gain.

1st+ Battle: Magikarpx6|10

I have found most, if not all the useful trainers in Platinum and D/P used for EV training.

I removed Mixed EVing by request.

Special Attack EVs:

Trainer - Victory Road 1F - Psychic Bryce: Wow, easily the best trainer for Special Attack EVing (well from what I've come across). His Pokemon are Haunter (2 EVs), Gardevoir (3 EVs), and Gengar (3 EVs). This nets you 8 EVs per battle with only 3 Pokemon! The only catch is that they're a bit high levelled.

1st+ Battle: Haunter 43|Gardevoir 46|Gengar 46
You can't rematch this guy, the Vs Seeker doesn't work in caves.

Just noting that at the battle ground you can fight some trainers in the Cafe and some are very helpful, most have more EVs then just one group, but there is (at least) 1 without only one type of EV

Cheryl (from Eterna Forest): 11 HP Evs

Mira (Wayward Cave): 14 SpA Evs, 1 SpD Ev

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(Trainer) - Fisherman Andrew [Route 205]: Magikarp x6 (6 HP): Similar to DP, Fisherman Andrew is found west of Eterna City, on the bridge. He faces east and has six Magikarp with him. Handy!
I assume the bolded is supposed to be 6 Spe? Unless I'm misunderstanding what goes in the parenthesis.

The first basement level in Victory Road (not the one you unlock after getting the National Dex) is a great place to get speed EVs. In Diamond and Pearl, surfing finds only Golbat (2 speed EVs), while in Platinum you find mostly Floatzel with some Golbat (all 2 speed EVs). Hopefully this helps, if I find any others I'll post again.

EDIT: Cyclist John on Cycling Road (surprise, surprise) has two Starlys which eventually evolve (after a few rematches) into two Staraptors (both lvl 54) that give 3 attack EVs each in Diamond and Pearl. In Platinum he still gives 6 EVs in all, but instead after getting two Staraptors (both lvl 43), he gets a Staraptor (lvl 59), Dodrio (lvl 58; gives 2 attack EVs), and a Farfetch'd (lvl 57; gives 1 attack EV). Not too bad for attack if you want to rematch him a few times first.

EDIT 2: Battle Girl Helen on Route 207 starts with a Machop and Meditite (1 attack and 1 speed), which eventually becomes a Machamp and Medicham after rematching for a while (3 attack, 2 speed) in Diamond and Pearl. Same in Platinum, except higher levels at the end (both lvl 60 instead of lvl 58). Good for training two stats at the same time.

EDIT 3: In Diamond and Pearl, Rancher Marco on Route 210 starts with an Aipom (1 speed), a Psyduck (1 special attack), and a Girafarig (2 special attack. Eventually his Aipom and Psyduck evolve, so he gives 2 speed and 4 special attack in all after you rematch him enough. Unfortunately his team completely changes in Platinum. He's in the south part of the route.

EDIT 4: In Platinum, Bird Keeper Brianna on Route 210 (north part) starts with a Hoothoot and a Noctowl (3 HP EVs) and ends up with two Noctowl and a Skarmory (4 HP and 2 Defense). In Diamond and Pearl, she only gets the Noctowl, so she doens't give Defense EVs. Done for now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)