[on site] EV Training Hotspots List/Guide: 4th Generation

Def EVs
(Pokemon) - Geodude / Hippopotas [Ruin Maniac Cave] - 1 Def: The Ruin Maniac Cave is full of Geodude and Hippopotas, both of which give 1 Def EV each. Watch out though, Geodude knows Selfdestruct. If your Pokemon is KOed by it, you won't get any EVs! Both Geodude and Hippopotas are found at Levels 22-24.

It's there, you must have missed it Rawr :P.

Good luck getting everything together Erodent ^^).

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Erodent -- Just want to check in and make sure that all of the information that people have posted (and we decided to use) has been edited into the OP. If so, can you edit that post to remove nearly everything but the actual list and the paragraph that is going to be merged into the current article. Once this is done let me know and I will work the Jumpluff to get this HTMLized and then finally merged wtih the current article.

Also, great job everybody!

Mingot - I actually converted the whole list into a Word Document, and I put it up on a file sharing site so junmpluff can download it and HTMLize from there. My issue is catching jumpluff thought as she seems to be AFK most of the time but I will PM her right away.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just plant lots of tamato berries and spam battles against the Magikarp trainer with different power items attached. Use the other trainers on the bridge to finish off (one has a Goldeen, the other has 2 Magikarps and a Goldeen). Use a kelpsy berry if you must. This is noticeably more efficient than other methods.

Hey Erodent, nice guide, it's something I like to keep referring back to :D

Anywho, thought I'd help you out with this a little as I noticed this, this morning.

In Platinum, you have this listed under Special Defence trainer:

(Trainer) - Beauty Devon [Route 214] - Wormadam x3 (6 SpD): Beauty Devon has 3 Wormadam at Levels 24 each. Each give out 2 SpD EVs.
Can I just point out that this trainer also gives you 6 Defence EVs too.

Hope it helps :) And apologies if it has already been mentioned

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Chiming in with one last tidbit:

Attack EVs: Route 222, Rich Boy Trey with a L61 Luxray (3 Attk) and Fisherman Alec with two ~L50 Gyarados (2 Attk each). Both can be snagged on the same screen with the VS Seeker. More importantly, Trey gives TONS of cash, cash that can be used on expensive vitamins.

This is for Platinum. You get the same arrangement in DP as well, but Trey has a L60 Luxio (2 Attk) instead.

Not sure what evs they give though i would assume HP, the clafairy trainers in the mansion on route 212, are nice for hp, you can just change time... not very practical i know, but just thought id point it out

Since jumpluff is already in the process of HTMLizing this content I'll simply update the table when it goes on-site. Thank you everyone.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just popping in to say I'd suggest changing one small thing. Where you say "to avoid being paralysed by Pichu's Static, use special attacks". I think it'd be more correct to say "use non-contact moves".

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Erodent, I need extra information --

As I am going through HTMLizing I will edit this post.

1. Need a good location description for Tuber Jared -- where is he on route 213.

2. "PI Carlos" - Having a brain fart -- what is "PI"?

4. Need a good location description for collector Jamal.

5. Trainer (Rich Boy Liam / Lady Celeste) -- DO you fight one of these? Both in a double battle? If you only get to fight one, is it random?

6. Trainer (Cheryl) - What is she? PKMN Trainer?

more to come ...

I've already PMed mingot certain corrections of the super sexy table he HTMLized. I know some of you (hint: Chaos669 :P) are looking forward to the final result, and it's really close to being completed, so I'll post a link once it's done!

Thank you once again, everyone!

Regarding EV Training with An Exp. Share...

For example, I let my level 1 houndour hold an Exp. share, then, I let my Slowking fight starly which yield 1 EV each.

Will my houndoom earn one EV as well? Or will all the EV points go to my Slowking?

What does the Exp. Share do to the EV distribution anyway?

Both the Pokemon holding an EXP Share and the actual Pokemon in battle will earn x EVs upon defeating an opponent. For example, say you send out a Starmie into battle and have another team member, Absol, hold an EXP Share. Starmie kills 1 Haunter, which gives 2 SpA EVs. Both Starmie and Absol will earn 2 SpA EVs.

EDIT: You are welcome!

Thank you very much Erodent.

I was really having second thoughts regarding using the Exp. Share to EV train my Pokemon before. But now I know. :>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)