1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

[on site] The Process of PID and IV Creation of Non-Bred Pokemon

Discussion in 'Archives' started by X-Act, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Syberia

Syberia [custom user title]
    is a Pre-Contributor

Would this also mean that, assuming we were still playing R/S/E, a player could potentially "time themselves" to ensure that every time they used the move Horn Drill, it hit? Not that it would be practically feasible, but still...
  2. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Yes... that would be possible in Emerald! Although you'd have the small problem of being able to push the button to the nearest 1/60 of a second...
  3. Syberia

is a Pre-Contributor

I didn't say practical, I said possible :P
  4. jumpluff

jumpluff 世界で一番おひめさま
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You, yamipoli, and loadingNOW are pro. Really, really pro. Thanks.
  5. X-Act

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The IVs to PID applet has been uploaded and is at its own thread.
  6. hrc969

hrc969

X-Act. Will you be adding any other methods to you guide. Like the the one for chain shiny one or the one for colosseum or XD.
  7. X-Act

I might if I get some information about them. For chained shinies information is a bit easier to get. For the others, it's difficult.
  8. Raikou

Raikou

One for colosseum/xd would be nice considering no one knows anything about it.
  9. Arseus

Arseus
    refuses to accept Contributor

I believe goldursaring made a post on GameFAQs that gave some insight on the Colosseum/XD RNG in an explanation of why shinies are more rare in the GCN games than on handhelds. I forget the exact content of the post, but I recall something like four numbers are generated at the beginning that affect IV spreads or something to that effect. Perhaps PMing goldursaring will shed some light on the subject? I don't know the full extent of his knowledge on the matter though, so I don't know if he knows much beyond that.

On the note of the unknown, I believe other than what's already mentioned, Wondercards in D/P supposedly have a different RNG than what D/P uses for most Pokémon. I remember Tangerine mentioned in an old debate thread of the legality of Wondercards that he knew people looking into the algorithm, but I don't know what's become of that. Wondercards deserve to be looked at, seeing as how Darkrai and Manaphy (though both have been available at events) can be obtained from the upcoming Pokémon Ranger game.

My Pokémon Ranch probably uses a different RNG, but that's pretty "lol" anyway.
  10. ryubahamut

ryubahamut
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

X-Act, the article has been HTMLized, and a copy is posted in the HTML Workshop. I was not sure as to which category this would belong to, /articles/ or /dp/articles/. I couldn't think of a blurb either, could you help me out on that too?

Apart from that, it's done.
  11. jujuomi

jujuomi

Thanks, I was really dumbfounded by how they worked.
  12. X-Trader

X-Trader

This is pretty cool and all, but I'm more suprised how WiFi is reacting, lol! X-Act the Killer! It's like one brave man, X-Act, just killed a shitload of peoples hobbies, and time consuming efforts. The PID stuff is cool and all, but don't you think it should be restricted or something? I mean everybody can make "legit" hacks now. Oh, and do you have any thoughts on how Platinum will change some of the PID formations and stuff?
  13. Syberia

is a Pre-Contributor

Even if Platinum does, you could always just do your hacking on D/P and transfer it over if you really wanted to.

Sikh Assassin - X-Act was not the only person to release this information, and this was not the only forum it was released on. It would have gotten out.
  14. Raikou

Raikou

Yes, you can now make exact copies of other people's Pokemon without even trading them. Not exactly ethical but everyone says if they don't put the information out there someone else will.

But I think the consensus is not to empathize with wifi players because many use AR to clone/breed which isn't a legitimate way to play the game either.
  15. Tangerine

Tangerine Where the Lights Are
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, it's more of the "PokeEconomics is bullshit anyway".

It's not like WiFi isn't going down in flames because of this anyway - it set itself up for that a long time ago. Now people who "quit trading" will try to sound smart by laughing at it which is going to amuse me a lot!

Or, WiFi needs to reinvent itself into something quite interesting. Perhaps instead of "Place for the best bred Pokemon" it can go with "Place filled with the best hackers" or something

I thank you, X-Act and everyone involved for making this happen - this needed to happen sooner or later and it's useless trying to delay the inevitable with nonsense that the wifi board has been pulling up with for ages now
  16. Sparko

Sparko

Yeah, what about those who don't even have an AR or R4 and do everything normally? :/ *points to self*
    I guess this hobby is now ruined, not blaming anyone btw, just the damned hackers...
  17. ryubahamut

ryubahamut
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

18. X-Act

That was quick ryubahamut. Thanks.
  19. Syberia

is a Pre-Contributor

Just a suggestion, but it'd be nice if X-Act's program was linked somewhere in the article. If that's OK with him, of course.
  20. tsanth

tsanth

21. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

I've noticed two things, but i maybe just have made a couple of mistakes:

50% female pokemon are female 0-126, which is 127 possibilities, and 129 possiblilties for male. It's not exactly 50% then?

And your applet creates 1 PID number from IVs and nature. shouldn't it create 2 numbers (two 8 digit long hex numbers) because nature and IVs are not derived from the same calls?
  22. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

x-act should upload his applet to his smogon.com subdomain and the article should link to that page, if that hasnt already been done.
  23. ryubahamut

ryubahamut

24. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

could we get a news update? also, since the site version supercedes this thread version, could you put a big notice on the top of this thread with a link?
  25. X-Act

Yeah, I was actually looking at that link this very afternoon. :)

This was actually the reason why loadingNOW asked me if I could reverse the RNG. He couldn't implement a chained shiny PID tester without it.

To chaos and ryubahamut, I had uploaded my applet to my users.smogon.com account from the very start. What I didn't do is link my applet from the article. I might write something more concrete about how the applet works and edit it in the article.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)