1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[on site] Tips and Tricks: 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Malfunction, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'd suggest changing it to 'Legendary Beasts' instead of 'Legendary Dogs'.

Magmortar also should not be listed in Emerald tips, as it didn't exist then.
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

gonna html this (I'll make these changes too)

This sentence is kind of awkward. (also use can use is a typo) I would change it to:

For example, you can use Pokeblock made from Pamtre Berries to evolve your Feebas into Milotic.

Under Mirage Island
    Should be rarest I think. Later on in the same paragraph you say "most rare" again.

There are instances where you say "Firered" and it is supposed to be FireRed according to mingot. (and LeafGreen too)

Delete the apostrophe (this is under the Legendary dogs)

Under the "Togepi Egg" heading you call the islands "Sevi", you missed an "i" (it's Sevii Islands).

to > too

I would change this to "Shadow Pokemon are different from normal Pokemon in several ways, including:" and just delete the next part of the sentence.

I would add commas after the quote.
    (By the way, Magmortar is still in the section on Flame Body/Magma Armor)
  3. Malfunction

Malfunction

Yeah I still haven't updated it, I'll just fetch a screen shot of the EV ribbon woman. So you're going to HTMLize this? That would be great! If you spot any errors, then just change them yourself, all of what you pointed above is right. I'll edit the OP in while.

EDIT: Actually, I think it would be a better idea to sort out what the IV guy says into a table. "If he says.." first column, and "then the best IV..." in a second column. What do you think?

Thank you very much Jimbo!

@Havak: fixed, thanks!
  4. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

There's a patch of land east of Pacificdlog in Ruby\Sapphire (but not Emerald) where you could ride a bike into the tides and the tides would push you back on land. This was a very easy way to level up Pokemon in the Day-Care if you held down Left on the D-pad with a heavy object overnight.

This trick also worked with riding an Acro Bike up the mud slopes. Once again, not in Emerald.

I don't have an emulator save file up that far, though.

On a side note, this let Pokemon earn more experience than their maximum at L100. I always wondered what would happen if I let it sit in the Daycare long enough for the experience counter to roll back to zero.
  5. Geren

Geren

There's one TV news report that I feel it should be noted: The Blend Master.

He's an old man that shows up in the Contest Hall of Lilycove City after watching the TV broadcast that announces him. He's standing next to a Berry Blender and you can make Pokeblocks with him. Doing so with good berries will get you high level pokeblocks with little effort.

It should be noted because this is probably the best way to get good pokeblocks to evolve Feebas.
  6. Malfunction

Malfunction

@OmegaDonut and Geren

Great, I edited this stuff in the OP. Thanks you two!
  7. R S E FR LG

R S E FR LG

Would the Nugget Bridge trick also be handy?
  8. Erodent

Erodent

This looks very good Malfunction! However, I did spot a number of smalls errors so I'll just get to the point and fix errors in those areas. Edits are in red and comments are in blue.

Çapitalization of "Berries"

I ran a lowercase "berry" search and those were the only ones that seemed to be there, so that's great!

Spelling and Other Errors

Those are all the errors I spotted. Everything else is very nicely done and very informative. Great job Malfunction :)

edit: Actually you don't need to edit these in if you don't want to; i took care of it!

twashedit: I have cached the edit - the changes are now on-site.
  9. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

You can't deposit the last Pokemon in your party in the box to do the trick.

Well, technically, you can clone 6, but you end up sacrificing something else. Basically, after the "deposit and save" step, you deposit the Pokemon you have in your party and withdraw the 6 Pokemon you want cloned, but the Pokemon you just deposited is lost forever.

Depends. What is it?
  10. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Badgeholders --

Feel free to start editing these yourself in SCMS.

Nonbadgeholders --

The latest version is now on-site, but not public yet, so don't look for a link from other locations on site. Please use the link below to look at the latest version when suggesting changes.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/miscellaneous/adv_tips
  11. Malfunction

Malfunction

@Erodent: Great! Thank you very much for that!

@OmegaDonut: Yeah, what you said it right. I just didn't want to say that you need to 'sacrifice' a pokemon to clone 6 at once as that can mix up beginners.

@RSEFRLG: It's not really a trick, it's something you have to do to move on with the game.

This looks great mingot, thanks!

EDIT: Just checked the link again, it's broken >.>

EDIT2: Cool, thanks Erodent ^_^.
  12. Erodent

Erodent

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)