Once Upon A Time...

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by rawwritsmikey, Feb 22, 2013.

1. rawwritsmikey

rawwritsmikey

Once Upon A Time...

Introduction...
    Hello Smogoners! I'm very new to competitive battling. This is my first true competitive team that I have built and tested, so go easy on me. When building a team, I like to have a theme in mind to make it more interesting and fun. This team is based off of fairy tales, hence the name. I would've done something like a Hyper Offensive or Stall team, but balanced seemed to be what fit this team the most. When testing, I lost a little more than half my battles. A large sum of those lost battles could be attributed to my lack of experience, or maybe my team is just really bad. I'm not sure. I was gonna include an original fairy tale to go along with the team but I'm getting tired of typing and probably nobody cares anyway. Enough of that though. And without further a due, my team!

Team Building...
    Now to be honest, I was thinking very competitively when building my team at all. I was just looking for pokemon who could fit in a fairy tale and filled the roles I needed. I did try to make it competitive though.

[​IMG]
    I started with Whimsicott because I really wanted to use one. He played the role of the prankster protagonist. In the team, he is being used as a defensive support.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I then saw Gothitelle and thought she'd be perfect for the role of a witch. She is being used as a support attacker in the team.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I saw Blissey as the fairy godmother to Whimsicott. I also needed a special wall so Blissey was perfect.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    All fairy tales have dragons. Garchomp is more of a land shark, but that's besides the point. He is still dragon type and I wanted to use him. And there came my physical sweeper.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I exchanged Blissey for Jirachi because I wanted more of a fairy role. Plus, Jirachi can set up rocks. I think Blissey can too but oh well. ParaFlinch was also very appealing. It makes the team even more annoying combined with Whimsicott and Gothitelle with Trick.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I was running out of character ideas. I still needed a physical wall, and Gliscor looks like a monster and fits in a fairy tale so there we have it.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Finally, I needed a special sweeper. I saw Zoroark as another trickster who would frame Whimsicott and get Gothitelle to put a curse on him. I was hesitant about how well Illusion would work though, but I was determined to try it out.
    At this point, I was worried with how much synergy my team actually had, but I just went with it. Looking at it, my team is pretty annoying and I liked the idea of that.

Team At A Glance...

In Detail...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Prankster|Impish
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

• Encore
    • Taunt
    • Switcheroo
    • U-Turn
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Shadow Tag|Timid
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

• Psychic
    • Thunderbolt
    • Hidden Power Ice/Fire/Fighting
    • Trick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rough Skin|Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

• Outrage
    • Earthquake
    • Fire Fang
    • Dual Chop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Serena Grace|Careful
    252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe

• Stealth Rocks
    • Wish
    • Iron Head
    • Body Slam
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Poison Heal|Impish
    252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe

• Taunt
    • Toxic
    • Protect
    • Earthquake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Illusion|Timid
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

• Nasty Plot
    • Dark Pulse
    • Focus Blast
    • Flamethrower
    Weaknesses...

1. Physical ice attacks wreck my team. Both Whimsicott and Gliscor, the only pokemon on my team who can take a physical attack, get wrecked by ice.
    2. My team overall is pretty frail. Zoroark cannot take a hit, and Garchomp is okay as long as it isn't ice or dragon. Both pairs of defensive pokemon (Jirachi/Gothitelle and Gliscor/Whimsicott) have the same vital weaknesses.
    3. I'm drawing a blank right now so I'll add more as I think of them.

And Again...

2. fire r a g e

fire r a g e

I'd say Full Incense would be more reliable than Lagging Tail if you want to cripple an opponent.
  3. rawwritsmikey

rawwritsmikey

That really just makes Whimsicott's job absolete until I get a chance to trick off the Full Incense.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)