Challenge One of the hardest Pokemon questions of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So there is a little quiz that's going viral in the Japanese Pokemon community, and I thought it would be cool to see if people here can figure it out. The solution has not been revealed yet, so I don't know the answer at the time of this post. The problem is as follows:

In XY 1v1, name a Pokemon that can hit EVERY Pokemon for super-effective damage with only 3 moves.
- No Smeargle
- No hacks or glitched sets (like DP mimic glitch)
- No Hidden Power
- Not inverse battle
- Not luck dependent (so Metronome is not an option)
- The location of battle is constant (so no variations in Nature Power)

Things to keep in mind:
- Stance Change, Multitype, and Wonder Guard cannot be skill swapped
- Storm Drain, Water Absorb, and Dry Skin nullify Soak. Multitype blocks even with Mold Breaker
- Trick-o-Treat and Forest's Curse add onto the existing types
- If a dual type Pokemon with Color Change gets hit by one of its own types, it will not become a pure type
- Magic Bounce is still totally a thing

Some close attmpts that I've seen so far have been:

Golduck @Rawst Berry: Worry Seed, Soak, Natural Gift (grass)
Stopped by Magic Bounce

Keckleon: Skill Swap, Feint Attack, Brick Break
Stopped by Sableye/Spiritomb, since Feint Attack will fail to make them pure dark types

The guy giving out this quiz is well known for giving a few of these types of questions in the past, and they all had proper answers (not one of those loopholes in the question sort of thing), so this has one as well. Have fun!

Last edited:
Basculin has Mold Breaker Soak + Natural Gift, that should beat everything (I think?)

EDIT: Actually it doesn't have Natural Gift, thought it was one of those moves that everything got for some reason

Oh dammit I forgot about unswappable abilities

Hmmmm

Something that's fighting type, Squashes a bug, and also deals with aegislash all while dealing with everything else.....

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Basculin has Mold Breaker Soak + Natural Gift, that should beat everything (I think?)

EDIT: Actually it doesn't have Natural Gift, thought it was one of those moves that everything got for some reason
Yeah, that was my first attempt too, with Superpower for Arceus. Sadly Natural Gift is a gen 4 TM.

Yeah, that was my first attempt too, with Superpower for Arceus. Sadly Natural Gift is a gen 4 TM.
Mold Breaker beats Multitype so you could just Soak. I guess it's the only (?) one that does it in two moves if you allow Hidden Power

EDIT: Nvm I suck I read Multiscale as Multitype on Bulbapedia lol

Can't go down the Skill Swap Kecleon route because Arceus will always cockblock you. It can have any type and you can't manipulate its type with Skill Swap.

Actually no, arceus isn't the cockblock for Kecleon, It's aegislash

Brick break x2 for arceus

Ancient Power x2 for Shedinja

You have nothing to deal with Ghost/Steel. He's the only hurdle

DragonWhale

Can't go down the Skill Swap Kecleon route because Arceus will always cockblock you. It can have any type and you can't manipulate its type with Skill Swap.
For all intents and purposes the opponent doesn't hold any items. This includes plates.

Damnit, if only Kecleon gets Flying Press, it can be done with Trick, Skill Swap, Flying Press holding a Ring Target...

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonWhale

Hmm, could it have something to do with maybe Trevenant and Forest's Curse?
It's difficult, since it adds on to the preexisting types, so anything that resists whatever you're going to hit them with won't be super effective and neutral instead. But it may be a possibility, since it's not blocked by magic bounce.

APPEND: Oh my god, I've come so close to a solution with that idea of yours.

Gourgeist: Trick-o-treat, rock smash, shadow ball

And then, I run into a brick wall named Sableye and Spiritomb...oh and the Murkrow line

Last edited:
Trevenant, and Gourgeist, don't fit the bill. They were the first two mons I thought about.

For trevenant to be the one he would need a flying type move, which he has no access to without hidden power. Sableye and Spiritomb cockblock Gourgeist

Then there was Cosplay Pikachu..... which also doesn't work

Wait is oras stustuff included? Like Mold Breaker circle throw/fire punch/eq/sludge bomb pangoro?
nm needs scrappy for sabl/tomb and mold breaker for Rotom w

DragonWhale

Wait is oras stustuff included? Like Mold Breaker circle throw/fire punch/eq/sludge bomb pangoro?
No, it's stated in the problem that it's in the XY meta.

I'm almost certain the key is somewhere people don't usually look, like ring target or something. His/her past quizzes all had really out-of-the-box solutions, so.

But the thing is ring target requires either trick or bestow, and then you have to worry about ghost types that don't have a secondary weak to fighting.

Unless fling makes it so that it activates ring target on sableye and spiritomb, that strategy won't work

You need something to be able to deal with Arceus, Shedinja, Aegislash, Sableye, and Spiritomb all at once

Multitype cockblocks all ability nullifying and switching moves. Wonderguard and stance change as well.

so you're practically forced to take fighting to deal with arceus, but shedinja resists fighting.... It's really complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)