1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

One Piece Mafia Postgame

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Jimbo, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

One Piece Mafia was something I wanted to host for a while because I'm a pretty big OP fan and I know several other people on the forum are too. I tried to give each faction a good bit of power; I also wanted to make some cool neutrals. In retrospect I should've included more items in the game as there were only two that weren't user-specific (and I love items), and those items didn't even move around.

I scored the players on a scale of 1-10. It's kind of subjective and it might not even be accurate, whatever scores don't matter!

Thank you to Sarenji for flavor, jumpluff for co-hosting, and everyone else who helped with roles ;D

The Straw Hat Crew
    The village of OP Mafia had 13 members. None of the members were extremely powerful (like Dexter in Quarantine Mafia), but some of them could get hefty power ups by attaining specific items. To be honest I think the village won due to luck. Two namekills destroyed both Mafias and allowed the village to win.

Not much to say here. I put Earthworm in the village because I knew he's played as Mafia before (and rocked it) and I wanted to change things up. Unfortunately he was namekilled rather quickly which put a huge dent in the village, not only because he was a knowledgeable player but also because his role kicked ass. Earthworm didn't do too much other than tell Sikh Assassin not to fuck up. I'm sure he would've done better had he been alive longer.
    3/10

I don't think Colloquy did that well at all. I think the thief should be working with the village as much as possible, and he claimed extremely late (to my knowledge). Because of this, he wasn't able to help anyone get their special items except billymills at the _very_ end of the game.
    3/10

iKitsune probably pissed me off the most during this game. He was the villages vigilante and really could have gotten his swords had he found the thief. If he got all three swords he would've been able to kill on even nights which could've helped the village even more. The fact that he died after getting persuaded and not posting _at all_ is extremely dumb. I know he got the PM too because he was on after I sent them!! The funny thing is that he posts "No Lynch" right after I update, which wasn't even what he was supposed to say. After being Godkilled twice in a row, imo I think you should sit a few games out and lurk a bit. I'm glad you didn't fuck up the village in the end though!
    0/10

At first, I thought Puggy wasn't doing well at all, but I guess he was just being cautious. His abilities weren't even used at all because no one targetted any of the girls. I'm glad he started talking to more people near the end.

5.5/10

I think timw06 claiming to more people would've been helpful, as a lot of Straw Hats though he was mafia for a while. Don't really have much else to say.

4/10

Billy had one of my favorite roles of the game I think. His Brain Point gave him role checking abilities, Defense Point was a BPV, and Leg Point was a Thief. I really wish Colloquy would've gotten his act together and given the last Rumble Ball to Billy sooner. When he ate his third Rumble Ball, this would happen...

but alas, it wasn't meant to be...
    7.5/10

At first I really wanted Veedrock to use his abilities, and found myself sad every time I got an Idling PM from him. However, now that I think about it he waited until the perfect time to use his re-direction abilities. When he used his Coup De Vent, he re-directed LonelyNess to Cyzir. This effectively idled the entire Shichibukai for one night. If he didn't, ArcticBlast (iirc) would've been kidnapped and Matty would've been dead sooner.
    7.5/10

AB played pretty (read: extremely) badly this game. Usually the bodyguard protects the Inspector, Hooker, Martyr (important village roles), instead, ArcticBlast exclusively protected Cyzir, a mafia! You should've asked around for a better target man. You also messed up your posting restriction, glad I gave you one mistake ~_~
    1/10

Laid low for a while (could've been strategy, could've been laziness, whatever!) which ended up being good because he would've been killed by Cyzir if he claimed.

6/10

At first, I was worried about giving Hooker to a brand new player, but SEO suprised me in a good way. You took control of the village which was crucial in weeding out the mole and uniting the true SHs.
    9/10

I felt really bad that the first two targets of Matty's ended up dead :X You played really well though, talking to Stoo and SEO and uniting the village.
    8.5/10

Shutting up in the beginning hurt you I think, but I'm glad you came out of your shell and really tried to get the village's act together. Any other user who targetted the user you targetted would have to post something to the effect of "ow ow ow I got burned" the next day or the fire would consume them. Your fire also melted anyone who was frozen due to Fishin's ability, though that never came into play.
    7.5/10

I am kind of disapointed that Dogfish got the "unite the village" role and didn't do that, and he asked to be subbed out the day before he died :X Stoo did a fantastic job though imo, and I'm really thankful you came in and took control. It sucked that more people didn't trust you but oh well!
    8/10

The Shichibukai
    The Shichibukai were supposed to be more powerful during the Night. They definitely had better players on their side (in retrospect I should've changed that...), and they organized quickly. All of them fake claimed which was good, though some of them were more shaky than others.

Made a bad fake claim imo; claiming someone who's so obscure I don't even know who they are (Gaimon o.o) is a bad move imo. Could've done more, but namekilled.
    3/10

Said numerous times that he did not like mafia (<.<) but still played pretty well I think.
    6/10

Complained a lot, but I hope you still had fun. I think you did really well, though getting Cyzir to namekill Gmax n1 bit you in the ass in the end. You used your abilities pretty well too, good job. Also sorry for the slight mistake on my end, I feel really bad, though in the end I'm not sure if it did matter (Stoo told matty long before I made the mistake that he was really suspicious of your claim....) but still sorry!
    8.5/10

Also fun fact: I was going to put Laboon in the game as the Bodyguard lol.

I think Cyzir did really, really well in this game. Your role allowed you to infiltrate the village really easily, which you did. Your Vivre Card also gave Stellar a good claim ;D Sorry you got buttraped by Fishin, I hope you play mafia again in the future.
    8/10

The World Government
    The World Gov was supposed to be more powerful in the daytime. Unfortunately, their most powerful role got raped n1 which put them at a HUGE disadvantage.

I think Ace played pretty well, better than I thought though. I'm glad you had Gmax on your side though, claiming Gecko Moria as a Straw Hat wouldn't of been the best idea!! You used your abilities pretty well which was nice. I think you should've picked the lesser known players on your team to kill though. You would've gotten a solid kill n1 if you picked someone -not- Gmax.
    8/10

Didn't do much... Made a pretty shaky claim, let to his downfall.
    4/10

Only used his ability one time then died immediately which kind of sucked to watch. Didn't claim or come on IRC all that often either...
    3/10

Poor gmax ;_; had one of my favorite roles and was killed immediately.
    100/10 for spirit

Neutrals
    I included three neutrals (four if you count Billy). The standard Wolf role was backed by a secret silencer and the item-mover. Yea!

Rev had the most -out there- role in the game, I was glad I didn't fuck it up!! Rev played excellently, effectively using her abilities and fulfilling her win condition.
    10/10

Killed pretty quickly, could've been cool but oh well. Namekilled Raikage lol.
    5/10

Played pretty well. Selling out Cyzir was a crucial move, I think it lead to the village's win. You only needed to kill 1 Mafia and 1 Villager to win the day (you had an extra freeze in case Sikh targeted your target). LN was actually lynched, not killed by you.
    10/10

Awards!!
    Most Valuable Straw Hat- SEO
    Hard to choose between Matty and SEO, but SEO's powers actually working a few times puts him ahead I think :P Did a good job at uniting the village, hit a few people with the Mero Mero beam, good job.

Least Valuable SH - iKitsune

Most Valuable Shichibukai - LonelyNess
    Very hard to choose between Cyzir and LN, but Cyzir said LN deserved it. LN controlled his mafia really well, though again, namekilling bit him in the ass.

Least Valuabe Shichibukai - Raikage
    Died too soon

Most Valuable World Government - Ace Matador
    Really... Gmax was killed early, and EAce and Pyro didn't really do anything soo congrats Ace!

Least Valuable World Government - Gmax
    I was tempted to put ExplorerAce because Gmax at least helped with Fake claims after his death but whatever. Sorry gmax ;-;

Best Neutral - Fishin/Serenity
    Fishin really stayed "neutral," he played both sides really well. Rev also stayed neutral but took more of a backseat role that was more of a "help me win I'll get you items" type of thing.

Serial Killer - CyzirVisheen
    Killed a lot of people. Yea! If Cyzir died they would've gotten even night team kills if anyone was wondering.

Thanks for playing, I hope you had fun!!
  2. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

Fishin should have gotten most broken role. The ability to permanently silence is just unfair. The role pm that killed me was kinda unclear too =[ I really think World Government had a better chance had Cyzir not killed Gmax (Name kill, pretty pathetic), night one. His ability to end the night whenever could have really changed the game, along with my forced post power. Village again, got incredibly lucky, i really feel the Shichibukai deserved the win, for outplaying the village, and being so well organized. LonleyNess was an excellent player!

Jimbo's hosting was excellent, greatly written roles (Baring Aokiji's brokenness >_>) and was also very fun to talk to! A very involved mafia host, so thanks, and well done, Jimbo =]
  3. Pyromanic

Pyromanic

Really great game. You should post the spreadsheet. The roles were very well written.
  4. Serenity

Serenity

This is the first time I actually read every single word on a postgame OP (heh, OP....) Nonetheless, I loved my role. It was just annoying when I claimed to SEO and all he cared about was weeding out the village than bothering to help me, but billymills and cyzir_visheen helped me through that.

I had an item and I realized if I had just given it to a corpse or something, then used it to return it back on night 3, I could have won Night 4 than Night 5. Oh well, I only thought of it being a protection incase people like matty find me hazardous in some form, which he did in his post that annoyed me ):

I feel bad for cyzir, but I think it was a strategic move for Fishin even though it was a pretty evil move. I would have liked for billymills to become the secondary wolf. The village would be in a panic. Too bad ):
  5. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

To be the downer as usual, why were the descriptions so awful. Examples: You are the expert navigator of the Straw Hat Crew. You're also incredibly hot. (no she is not even after gaining like 1 1/2 cup sizes as the series progressed due to the creators succumbing to subtle selling out); That's because you're fucking awesome. (and mentioning 4kids at all was unnecessary there); your maturity most likely stems from your troubled childhoodall of your friends and family were killed by Marines, leaving you the only survivor. (this is pretty confusing, how is someone supposed to derive that she was forced to deal with the trauma by growing up too fast by both having to escape constant chase and learning to use her powers in a vigilante style and always hold onto her life no matter the cost et cetera from this terrible sentence of "everyone she knew died, it made her pretty mature!!" lol).

That is just from the first few at that!
  6. Veedrock

Veedrock

This is actually the third Village win if you count EW's Basic Mafia.

Yeah, I idled all game because I didn't want to needlessly waste my cola which became valuable the night before my suicide. I thought there were other beverages in the game (like tea maybe) that gave me other abilities but later I figured out I needed Serenity. If I had considered this I would have contacted her sooner (it was on the spreadsheet I recieved, I just didn't think about it).

If it wasn't for Ace Matador's gripes about 'Be careful' in the post after his death, I probably would have been accidently godkilled too without warning from Fishin. Since I refused to post the day I was frozen, I guess that's what made Fishin approach me. Thanks for the heads up Ace (guess that is classed under deadtalking?).

I think it would have been cool if Lightwolf had gotten in contact with EW and Sihk to arrange a solo victory amongth themselves (I'd of helped him if I was one of the sons), too bad there was a slipup that got him lynched X(

matty had confused me earlier by calling timw06 a redirector. He doesn't understand the concept of martyring apparantly XP I was also massively confused by Puggy's role because the way it was described to me it was also a martyr, so the double coverage thing left me puzzled and questioning everything. Of course now I see he's some makeshift bg, but getting this info clearer right away would have helped.

Also, could Cyzir's ammo not be stolen? Or did Colloquy idle? I don't see how matty died on the last night, we were supposed to steal from him and have tim martyr with Arctic's protection. What happened guys? X( I blame matty naturally.

Moral of the game: don't trust neutrals with everything.

FUCK YEAH FISHIN!
  7. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

@CK - I don't really know how to respond to that. If you're saying they were unclear, sorry ?_? I don't think they were bad, and a few other people read them too... If you're saying they are inaccurate I disagree seeing as Sarenji and I crafted them and we've both read the entire manga series (and I've seen most of the anime if it matters). I didn't want to write essays for each role PM because that's dumb, and people could easily just read the wikia I linked to.

Also if Nami is not pretty then how could she sell peeps are her body for big bucks ;D

@ Veedrock - Tim didn't target Cyzir and ArcticBlast didn't target Tim iirc. Like I said, AB only targetted Mafia the entire game!!
  8. matty

matty I did stuff a long time ago for the site
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I just wanna saw.... WTF all you mother fuckers for killing all my inspects N1 and N2, then giving me a shitty inspect target (who btw claimed to Cyzir literally 10 mins after I sent in my PM and signed off I later learned) and then fucking hooking me N4. My powers were fucking worthless -.-

Also, I gotta apologize to Serenity. When I posted that post, I was deathly afraid that we might lose the next Lynch vote if people didn't vote as they should have. I shouldn't have done that. But you won so its all good now co-host :)
    I also want to apologize to Stoo, should have trusted you quicker. At the time I thought your role was waaaaay out there and I was hesitant. Oh well though, no use crying over spilled milk.

It is a pitty SEO died, we were moled hard and basically lead around on a string for awhile. What was interesting was after SEO's death he and I kept talking about the game. We were suuupper cautious about LN (despite you thinking we weren't). You were up for the chopping block next, but then ExplorerAce popped onto our radars. When it was revealed he was a killer (or what we thought he was a killer), we lynched him instead.

I also felt bad for Puggy since it was hard finding Women for him rofl. ><

Collo claimed late (not the end of the world), but I inspected her in the end which was a bummer.

Tim played fine I think, he was quiet but he finally claimed. He had a role that was important in the later game.

Shout out to Veed after SEO's death. He really helped me set up all the village actions and also helped me plot. Especially when I was traveling. Think he deserves an 8. He played just about as well as I did.

I think the overall MVP should be Fishin. Not only did he foresee Cyzir not letting his win condition happen, he realized that the protection of the Village would ensure a win for him. And he also dug us (the Straw Hats) out of a huge pickle. Veed held up the end of our bargain and he played masterfully.

EDIT: I dunno; maybe your right Cyzir, but if I was in Fishin's position I might have done the same thing and tried to jump ship. If you have a 100% chance of winning (with the village) and a >100% chance of winning (with the mafia), I'll take the 100% chance all the time.

OK WTF iKitsune? You got yourself godkilled and you had like the best ability in the village. Dude really?
  9. CyzirVisheen

CyzirVisheen Am I poplar yet?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Reappearing for a brief moment to comment on this in particular.
    WHAT. I had full intentions of helping Fishin win. I was willing to help all of the neutrals (barring the wolf) win. Hell, if Fishin hadn't betrayed me and told me his win condition was slightly different than we both thought, I would've suggested to sacrifice Stellar (who would've been useless by the next day anyways, if everything just proceeded as planned). There was no way I was going to betray you Fishin. You never even gave me the benefit of the doubt.
  10. Colloquy

Colloquy

just saying that I sucked dick in this game due to my late claiming and I am really sorry if this made the village worse

also this was a great game and I had fun :)
  11. SEO

SEO

I had a great time playing this game. Jimbo, props to you for your incredible hosting. I'm not exactly sure who wrote all the flavor and role PMs, but damn they were good.

On the the actual game now. I feel incredibely stupid for not following my gut the entire game. Literally on three occasions I felt someone was a mafia, and three times I did nothing about it due to my lack of confidence (this was my first mafia). Luckily the first two guys, gmax and lightwolf, got killed anyways. The last two, Lonelyness and Cyzir, stuck around for a while. I think Cyzir, of all people, can vouch on my suspicions of Lonelyness. Too bad Cyzir was also mafia. Funny thing is, Cyzir is the one that solidified my hunches on both of them when he refused to have Lonelyness lyched saying "I want to kill him myself". Too bad all this happened right after I died.

A special shout out to Fishin, without you we would have been toast. I hope I had something to do with you backstabbing the Shichibukai. Seriously thanks!

I kinda wish I had remebered Puggy's role sooner, since he never got to use it and I was a woman. So yeah, there were a few things like that that really screwed us up, but in the end it worked out fine.
  12. Gmax

Gmax kuahahahaha
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The village did not deserve this win, especially not after how badly they played. You lynched the wolf at a stage when there were so many mafia still present in the game. Why would you do that? You should have coerced him into working with you for another couple of nights, it's not like you couldn't have lynched him off next day if he didn't cooperate.

If it hadn't been for Fishin's interference, Cyzir & co. would've had this game, and they deserved it far more than the village or even my team (my team...). Though while it was a really nasty move on Fishin's part, he couldn't really have trusted cyzir to hand him his win condition (you don't get it cyzir ._. being a neut of that kind can make you pretty paranoid), and I wouldn't have done the same (and possibly regretted it), he took the course of action which led him to a 100% win, so yeah, props to Fishin on a game well played.

So yeah, props to cyzir for getting in that far, convincing the whole village he was Usopp, commanding everyone for a while, and doing a good job on the whole except for trusting Fishin.

Also, any Shichibukai whining about the lack of a power role like mine should shut the fuck up. You had a natural mole in Sogeking. Usopp could not be counterclaimed, and was a sure Straw Hat Claim. You started off with a fucking nightly kill for the first 3 nights at the very least. Cyzir's moling could easily have extended that to 5. After that you got an even night kill if cyzir died. You also had a fucking kidnapper, and a BG. We had a silencer, a persuader, and Smoker. While Smoker may have been cool, we needed information to do shit with him, which, given my team, was not going to happen. My one time day ending thing wasn't even as big a deal because I could not kill persuaded people using it. My team was weaker, so I don't want to hear anything about that again.

Thanks for hosting the game Jimbo.
  13. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Several things to say. Firstly, unless there was some special rule where any frozen people are unfrozen as soon as my win condition is fulfilled, LN still should've been godkilled, not lynched. This has been the standard every time in past mafia games (DBZ, DBZ again, and then FE where it made a HUGE difference) and just makes logical sense - if he's already dead, which he should be, then it's impossible to lynch him. If everyone voted to lynch a long-dead player, then obviously those lynch votes wouldn't count! (granted the only reason I care is because I want the title of "most godkills" but whatever)

Long story short, if I cooperated with the Shichibukai, my win condition was unlikely to happen since removing one member of a three-man team is a pretty big loss. If I cooperated with the village, though, I could win for sure as long as one of them was willing to kill him/herself if I offered them victory on a silver platter. Thankfully, Veedrock held up his end of the bargain (thanks again), so I ended up with a win.

In all honesty, my character was cool (heh) but the win condition was kind of a mess. The fact that I had to pick one member and have that member die while at the same time making that member unable to vote was a contradiction - nobody would want to kill someone that was already perma-silenced, so the only way I could logically get someone killed was to freeze a member of a losing team right before they lost, and since I was required to freeze a member of more than one team I thought this was impossible (in reality, it was a pretty safe option since I only needed to freeze 2/3 teams but I couldn't know that). The other way, which I thought of later, would be to freeze someone on the same night they die, which would work fine if I could communicate with whoever was doing the killing. Having a hidden win condition is a pain anyways, and worse yet, the only way I could get more info on it was to use up one of my very limited freezes.

The other thing I felt like mentioning is that Kuma had way too easy of a win condition - all he had to do was find two people with items and get them to pass the items around, the items didn't even get used up or anything like that (if I'm understanding it right, anyways).

Also, this might just be me, but I thought that having Sogeking as a villager was almost too good of a mole role - in a themed mafia like this, having a role that confirms him as a villager is almost too good even if you do warn "some things may be different from the actual story", but eh.
  14. iKitsune

iKitsune

TBH i had no idea what i was doing for any of my mafia games the first game i was clueless, the second game tried to give it a proper go failed miserably and i was going to give up until this mafia came along which i thought i might stand a chance in seeing as i know "One Piece" very well, in the end i'm definitely gonna take your advice and lurk. Sorry for being such an idiot.

If someone would like to explain to me how to play "mafia" in general i think that would be extremely helpful.
  15. SEO

SEO

I just want to point out that it was almost impossible for anyone in the village to be able to distinguish Cyzir as a mafia member. In my opinion Cyzir single handedly was able to bring his team to the verge of victory. Sogeking combined with the ability to kill and the name checker was absolutely overkill and was the reason the shichibukai got that close to winning. I don't agree with the everyone that says the shichibukai deserved to win. Regardless, it was a game very well played, and I had alot of fun.
  16. matty

matty I did stuff a long time ago for the site
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

These were my thoughts exactly. A killer and a perfect mole all in one. WHOA, game breaking
  17. Gmax

Gmax kuahahahaha
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Lol the village was far stronger than the mafia factions. The mafia factions didn't have much of a chance in this game, especially the World Government. Man, when you look at it right, my faction was just fodder for Cyzir to pick off and "prove" that he was Strawhat. The World Government basically stood no chance in this game, considering that Cyzir would be calling the shots by N2. We also had no real way of gathering information. That's pretty bad...

Also, considering that my team was this weak, that pretty much just further strengthened the village. This game was heavily tilted in the favour of the villagers, bar neutral assistance. Cyzir could only have held out for so long lol without neutral assistance. Hell even if Fishin hadn't backstabbed him, but had also not voted, and just stayed out of things the Shichibukai would have lost. User Raikage would probably agree with me on the mafia factions being too weak, but hey, he's also probably too lazy to post!
  18. Yoshi King

Yoshi King

Oy, don't forget that the village only won that game because I let them win, heh. It was literally down to me who had the highest kill priority choosing between a mafia faction that pissed me off vs. the village that was only trying to win.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)