Media One Piece (spoilers!)

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
its over boys :afrostar:

although this is probably the most interesting part of the arc now because we get to see how oda wraps it up with the massive amount of characters and sub plots introduced. anything can happen... like burgees stealing doflamingo's fruit or kaido coming to woop that ass.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Everyone's all up in arms celebrating Doflamingo's defeat, and here I am wondering about Team Sanji and Big Mam.

The most important thing about this arc, imo, is the reality check we get on Luffy - namely, that while he's definitely powered up considerably since the timeskip, he's not quite at Pirate King level yet, and that even he might have a hard time going one-on-one against an Admiral or a Yonko; having said this, Luffy's alliances atm are quite frightening, with Sabo, Law and the whole gang of Dressrosa warriors firmly behind him, so it's definitely going to get very interesting from now on :)

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
cp0 hasn't shown up at all yet... very concerning in my opinion. I guess sabo will have some kind of role in helping luffy/zoro/franky/usopp/robin/law/samurai's escape from dressrosa now

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its over boys :afrostar:

although this is probably the most interesting part of the arc now because we get to see how oda wraps it up with the massive amount of characters and sub plots introduced. anything can happen... like burgees stealing doflamingo's fruit or kaido coming to woop that ass.
Doubt Sabo would let him - doesn't the fruit user have to die for them to steal it?

Also maybe CP0 will be the ones arresting Doflamingo. Who knows, they might be strong enough to contain him.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I think it's incredibly unlikely that Dofla will die in this arc.

Everyone else already said the important stuff--

-there's still so much more going on in this arc's subplots that need resolution
-Luffy's now incredibly strong, and has taken down one of the world's super powers-- but the strongest fighters are still definitely stronger.

Kizaru, especially, seems to be strictly stronger as Luffy's base forms show nothing that tell me he would fair a better chance, and assuming Kizaru is faster than G4 (fair assumption), that would be one-sided with Luffy's lack of control in that form. Luffy will have to get stronger as the story continues.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I think it's incredibly unlikely that Dofla will die in this arc.

Everyone else already said the important stuff--

-there's still so much more going on in this arc's subplots that need resolution
-Luffy's now incredibly strong, and has taken down one of the world's super powers-- but the strongest fighters are still definitely stronger.

Kizaru, especially, seems to be strictly stronger as Luffy's base forms show nothing that tell me he would fair a better chance, and assuming Kizaru is faster than G4 (fair assumption), that would be one-sided with Luffy's lack of control in that form. Luffy will have to get stronger as the story continues.
My feeling is that Kizaru is most likely going to be farmed out to Sanji, since Fujitora is clearly "assigned" to Zoro as "sword guy," leaving Akainu for Luffy. The Navy Admirals, should there ever be some kind of "final confrontation" don't strike me as the kind of enemies that are going to be holding a base just waiting for Luffy to show up and thrash them individually. It's probably going to end up like the Whitebeard War at Marineford, where Luffy's top combatants (Zoro, Sanji) go head to head against the Navy's Admirals.

Not that Akainu doesn't present a huge challenge to Luffy considering Magma burns rubber worse that fire does, but super speed isn't Akainu's wheelhouse, it's ridiculous durability + ridiculous offense.

Also agree that Dressrosa Arc isn't going to end for probably 5 more chapters as all the subplots have to work themselves out - even if they don't cut away to the rest of the crew's issues with Big Mom.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My feeling is that Kizaru is most likely going to be farmed out to Sanji, since Fujitora is clearly "assigned" to Zoro as "sword guy," leaving Akainu for Luffy. The Navy Admirals, should there ever be some kind of "final confrontation" don't strike me as the kind of enemies that are going to be holding a base just waiting for Luffy to show up and thrash them individually. It's probably going to end up like the Whitebeard War at Marineford, where Luffy's top combatants (Zoro, Sanji) go head to head against the Navy's Admirals.

Not that Akainu doesn't present a huge challenge to Luffy considering Magma burns rubber worse that fire does, but super speed isn't Akainu's wheelhouse, it's ridiculous durability + ridiculous offense.

Also agree that Dressrosa Arc isn't going to end for probably 5 more chapters as all the subplots have to work themselves out - even if they don't cut away to the rest of the crew's issues with Big Mom.
That's true-- a showdown between Kizaru and Luffy may very well never happen. For all his magma might, I'd say Luffy's G4 has a lot better chance going head to head with Akainu.

Brilliant chapter from Oda, Sabo makes it clear his power tier is far beyond Burgess while Fujitora proves himself to be undoubtedly the most likable admiral - it's going to be very interesting to see whether Fujitora is able to destroy the Shichibukai system and the effects of that on the OP universe.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
burgees being a typical blackbeard pirate. they go headstrong into the most fucked up situations and depend on fate to get them out of it. (impel down and marineford). burgees may have lost the fight but fate let him live another day

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seems like a possible Kuma/Thriller Bark situation repeating itself? No way in hell Fujitora fights the SHs now.

Anyway, I loved this chapter. I kind of feel like, at the end of every arc, Oda kinda picks a few slips of paper out of his "secret box" and reveals random shit (like Tsuru and Sengoku sailing around chasing a pirate, Aokiji being with Blackbeard, Kidd going after Shanks etc).

Speaking of Kidd, I will pop the fuck off if he actually somehow takes down Shanks. <3 shanks

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Also confirmed the kid in Law / Cora's flashback was Drake.

The tease of Kaidou was p annoying (in a good way); hype is officially built to want to see him.

Lots of little crumbs thrown out to us; I'm particularly curious about who is visiting Urouge on a cloud island (because all the Enel fanboys will be out in full strength).

Exciting!

Oda delivers with a godly chapter, the number of reveals in this easily makes up for the wait over the drawn-out Dressrosa arc. Couple of pointers:

(a) Kidd vs Shanks: This is clearly very exciting, since Luffy's got to return Shanks his hat, setting the stage for a showdown of the highest order

(b) Aokiji and Blackbeard: There's got to be a catch here, no way Aokiji's helping him; he's infiltrating the group or something of the like at any rate, which will develop into its own mini-saga

(c) Jewelry Bonney: How the hell is she out? Last time we saw here, Akainu had her captive; she's got to have something up her sleeve to escape that quickly

(d) Aftermath of Dressrosa: Lot of elements coming into play, Kaido and Fujitora will both be after the Strawhats AND Law; I just don't see Fujitora going after Luffy and Law ASAP, since Sabo's unlikely to just sit there and watch those two being captured, so probably Sabo holds off Fuji until Law + Luffy escape to Zou, then Kaido enters the scene and both make a run for it

(e) The Gorosei: Doflamingo's clearly got some crazy pull, as these guys are willing to take any steps necessary; another secret that Oda will no doubt unleash at some point

Great chapter, Oda's pulling out the stops here :)

So now with Fujitora going rogue is it open season against Shichibukai? Poor Boa, the guy is blind! Oh well there is the savior Buggy the Clown to stand up for the World Justice, Akainu will sleep well.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm particularly curious about who is visiting Urouge on a cloud island (because all the Enel fanboys will be out in full strength).
My first thought was BB pirates, but lol Enel didn't even cross my mind. It would be cool if it's him.

Anyway, this is my favorite type of chapters in OP. I always look forward to the end of arcs because of these chapters. Lots of random info all over the place and some teasers get me so hype.

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
what's the prevailing interpretation of what Fujitora said in the last page?

"that's just what I want" as in now I can use my full power to go after Law and Luffy or as in I don't want to step inside the marine hq anyways f*Ck y'all?

i definitely read it as the latter at first but i've seen more people agree with the former :o

tehy

Banned deucer.
i read the former

he seems very much like smoker, so it'd make a lot of sense. i don't think he hates the marines overall, just that they have holes

I think he's gonna do what he meant all along, abolish the Shichubukai without having to worry about Marine interference anymore or having to carry along naysayerrs. Along with the Smoker and his band of misfits it would be interesting if this led to a Marine civil war.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is Oda ramping up the pace of One Piece? Considering we now have Three Yonkos that are going to be dealt with in subsequent chapters, the super-novas have returned, and the revolutionary army has a character we can now put a face to (Sabo). It feels like it's reaching its climax within the next three to five years imo. Could just be my imagination though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)