Media One Piece (spoilers!)

1. Water 7 + Enies Lobby
2. Whole Cake
3. Arlong Park (the actual arc that gets people into the series)

Marineford is not even top 5 and showing it to someone who's not familiar with the series sounds like a terrible idea to me.

893 is the best chapter of the New World. I didn't think 844 was going to be surpassed but Oda just went and did it. Unreal.

Based on what's been implied about Jinbe and possibly Carrot likely joining right after the end of Whole Cake Island, does that mean Luffy will have the complete crew he wanted as of the beginning of Wano? I wonder how these two would be placed in the groups like the first eight crewmates were during Dressrosa and this arc.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I absolutely think both Jinbe and Carrot are joining. Jinbe obviously got his role as helmsman clearly laid out this arc. Not totally sure what role Carrot would fill but her relationship with Chopper is fantastic.

My curiosity will be if Oda ever revisits the number chapters for Chopper and Robin, the only two current crewmembers to not have them (remember, Usopp and Nami both got number chapters when they rejoined the crew). Maybe Chopper's would tie in with Carrot joining -- aka something like "The Fifth and the Tenth ''''People''''"

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I absolutely think both Jinbe and Carrot are joining. Jinbe obviously got his role as helmsman clearly laid out this arc. Not totally sure what role Carrot would fill but her relationship with Chopper is fantastic.

My curiosity will be if Oda ever revisits the number chapters for Chopper and Robin, the only two current crewmembers to not have them (remember, Usopp and Nami both got number chapters when they rejoined the crew). Maybe Chopper's would tie in with Carrot joining -- aka something like "The Fifth and the Tenth ''''People''''"
Robin did get an entire story arc revolving around her to be fair.

I'm not sure myself if Carrot is going to join the crew, even if I do like her character.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Robin did get an entire story arc revolving around her to be fair.

I'm not sure myself if Carrot is going to join the crew, even if I do like her character.
Right, but so did Nami and she got her number chapter afterwards ;) It has obviously been a looooooong while, but Oda has shown that these things are significant and he thinks about them far in advance.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I remember when we originally had Bounce-Man there was a post, I think by Chou Toshio about the strengths and weaknesses of each Gear form, with Bounce being something like:

Power++
Speed +
Agility - (because Luffy couldn't control the bouncing but could propel himself somewhat in different dirctions mid-air)

Snake-Man seems to be:

Speed++
Agility++
Power-x

Luffy doesn't seem to be hitting any harder than he usually does, but his ability to twist, bend, and strike immediately with Haki attacks has been greatly enhanced. It's an interesting take on Gear Four, this one seems to be about maximizing controlled stretchiness instead of raw haki inflation into muscles.

I want Jinbe to be Helmsman after this. Carrot is probably going to end up as an island-centric ally like Vivi.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
I was assuming that Luffy only now went Snakeman given his Kenbonshoku powerup. He's predicting where Katakuri will be in the future and ricocheting his fists accordingly.

This chapter was alright - good action just didn't blow me away and now the momentum is fucked with a break next week zzz

is far as 'super important ability revealed towards the end of a fight' goes, is it just me or is snakeman's performance so far pretty underwhelming?

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
we have seen anything about the capabilities and performance of the form, we have no real information to judge it

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seems like it made him fast enough to dodge Katakuri's final blow and win the fight. Interesting end and comment by Katakuri.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh my god my hope is reawakened. i’m calling it, pudding erased sanji’s memories of her

edit: i said this back in december
[11:48 AM] pluviometer: you know what would be great
[11:48 AM] pluviometer: at the end of this arc
[11:48 AM] pluviometer: pudding erases everyone's memories of her
[11:48 AM] pluviometer: and she's never mentioned again
[11:48 AM] pluviometer: ITS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE CUZ OF HER POWERS!!!

Last edited:
Seems like it made him fast enough to dodge Katakuri's final blow and win the fight. Interesting end and comment by Katakuri.
I liked the MS translation of that comment a lot more than the JB one, strictly from a hype perspective.

God, this arc is so damn good.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
I assumed Pudding would remove the memories of her family in some grand display, also possible that germa makes its reappearance with clone soldiers altered to look like Luffy (they got the idea from the cake incident maybe?)

also interesting that Luffy is now with Pekoms, who has one of the greatest defensive DFs out there (his words).

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do you think the Straw Hats retreat to Wano Kingdom now to pick up Zoro and the rest of the crew before challenging Big Mom, or do they try and get Luffy to recover and fight as they are?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)