Media One Piece (spoilers!)

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
RE: last chapter. At first I thought zoro had problems cutting women but re-reading and thinking about it, seems that it was more the fact that Monet was 'weak' rather than 'a woman' (although I think it was a bit of both tbh). He basically did the same thing to Hyouza and only cut him up when he came at him again.

If it's primarily a gender thing it weakens Zoro's backstory with Kuina as he's all about 'gender is no excuse for when i finally beat you'.
I'm not a beast who shall go all out to hunt a small rabbit
Why bother cutting up weak people if you don't have to?

Sanji and Zoro should be getting big bounty raises after this arc (taking on vergo/leading G5 and effortlessly beating monet) and foreshadowing of Sanji's leadership in final war anyone??

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sanji and Zoro should be getting big bounty raises after this arc (taking on vergo/leading G5 and effortlessly beating monet) and foreshadowing of Sanji's leadership in final war anyone??
I would much prefer it be Usopp.

Usopp: <insert random taunt>
Van Auger: Oh, you and what army?
Usopp: My army of 8000 men
Van Auger: Lies, typical
<8000 marines appear behind Usopp>
Van Auger: **** me

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
^ of course both are happening :P
Sanji has repeatedly been foreshadowed as a prominent tactician type (note opening the doors in Enies Lobby), and leading G5 is just another example.

Usopp will finally have his 8,000 men...and considering how every giant they come across loves him, it might just be 8000 giants from Elbaf :P

Also I agree 10,00000000% with panamaxis; it wasn't because she was a chick, it was simply cause she was weak. You don't use a cannon to hunt a rabbit.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aldaron fails for not calling it Haoushoku Haki, and getting me seriously confused. ?_?

Also agreeing with the Monet-weak camp (this is all relative). Still, makes me wonder why Luffy didn't just destroy her earlier then... ?_?

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So much revealed... Also quite early chapter...

Guess this explains what Bepo is... Would say the same for that Lion Turtle guy, unless I'm missing some legendary animal that's part lion and part turtle...

Wait, what about Bepo?

Unless i'm confused(or you are talking about the trailer above) Bepo is just a normal bear that can talk. The lion guy is exactly like Bepo. A normal lion who somehow can talk. That animal ate a turtle DF. Which i'm sure it's Oda being his usual awesone self. As the lion turtle is all over Japanese stuff(or maybe all of Asia, ask Chou). So Oda is just being funny there.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You've got to wonder with those Man Made Devil Fruits though. It is entirely possible that Smiles caused both of them to become what they are. And considering Law worked for Donflamingo, and now CC reveals one of the Four Emperors has an army of those who ate them. To me the whole thing just fits right in the bigger picture. Too many connections, unless Oda is leading up to a gag on it...

locopoke

Banned deucer.
You know shit gets real when Doflamingo stops grinning. Good chap, Law is badass and Vergo looked like toguro from yyh

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
so are we not going to find out what vergo's fruit is? he didn't really do anything besides armor everything...

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
He might not even have a fruit!

Though I'm assuming the stuff sticking to his face isn't "just" some gimmick and he has some static static fruit or something.

That said, fucking sick chapter. That last page...so much cool shit going on there. First of all...Law cut a fucking mountain. He's beast.

Second of all, while Law is saying "you don't pull the strings anymore" (implying someone else is pulling the string...possibly law himself?), we have Oda showing us pics of Kidd, Apoo, Hawkins (continuing in the possibility that Law is manipulating strings now, did he set up that alliance?), Big Mam (is the yonko the Law - Luffy alliance going after Big Mam, and if Law set up the Kidd / Hawkins / Apoo alliance and since Kidd already sunk two of Big Mam's ships, are they ALL going after Big Mam?), and serious Don Flamingo (meaning we know shit is going down).

Awesome.

Doflamingo has been one of favorite characters since his introduction, really happy that we're going to see more of him. Also the part where Law cut the whole place in half was epic, at first I didn't even notice then I was like wait... what?!

That's it, Law's fruit is overpowered as hell, if you don't have haki, you can't counter his regular attacks inside of the room (like changing your body, and stuff) and doesn't matter how retardedly strong your armor haki is, you can't avoid being cut in half

Great chapter anyway

I'm pretty sure someone like Shanks would have Haki strong enough to stop Law. Vergo is clearly nowhere near that strong. And Shanks is probably top three in the whole world.. so yeah..

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's it, Law's fruit is overpowered as hell, if you don't have haki, you can't counter his regular attacks inside of the room (like changing your body, and stuff) and doesn't matter how retardedly strong your armor haki is, you can't avoid being cut in half

Great chapter anyway
Well Law basically says Vergo has been slacking off the past two years, while he has been training, implying that in their previous encounter Law was able to overcome Vergo's armament. Interesting, all we've seen of Smoker post-TS has been defeat after defeat.. poor guy, his pride will really have taken a hit.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh... they can't make Law stronger than Hawk Eye though, since they're both swordsman and Law's power "cuts." So as nuts as Law is, OP has to make Hawkeye even more nutz, and therefore, Zoro has to ascend to even greater nutzness than what Law just did for the story to progress.

Also, I hope law has a plan to stop them all from dying by lethal mass-killing gas. Maybe cutting SAD will release something that counters it?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh... they can't make Law stronger than Hawk Eye though, since they're both swordsman and Law's power "cuts." So as nuts as Law is, OP has to make Hawkeye even more nutz, and therefore, Zoro has to ascend to even greater nutzness than what Law just did for the story to progress.

Also, I hope law has a plan to stop them all from dying by lethal mass-killing gas. Maybe cutting SAD will release something that counters it?
Keep in mind we haven't seen Zoro go all out since the timeskip, I don't think he'd be that far behind Law..

Probably. We all know how much Oda hates killing. So i never assumed anyone is dead until Oda tells us so.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would hope that Zoro is significantly weaker than Law, since Law should be Luffy's equal or at least around that level. It'd be kinda boring if Luffy was able to roflstomp all the other supernovas and had no rivals. Also, stronger than Mihawk =/= better swordsman. I think it's fair to say that Shanks and Rayleigh are stronger, but that's because of their ridiculous Haki levels, in terms of swordsmanship, Mihawk is still #1.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
can someone explain to me what law was going on about in his monologue? i didn't have the patience to read through it carefully

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Law is saying that Doflamingo is pulling the strings of the world. Running the machine that is keeping everything in order. Law said that the old powers were sitting idly by, not realizing that newbies are getting way more powerful and actually approaching their level (that's when he cut vergo). The whole "I'm destroying the gears" is Law breaking the machine that's running the world. He threw the world out of balance when he destroyed SAD --i.e. he is seriously challenging the old regime.

The stuff about the Marines is probably just saying the marines are doing what Doflamingo was not -- getting more powerful to ready themselves for the newbies to take their shot.

So much cool shit in one chapter, Punk Hazard kind of turned around for me in that chapter. So excited for the next one! Maybe once Caesar realizes the Shinokuni can enter all over the place he'll somehow stop it and everyone will be able to escape? If not, I have no idea how Vergo and Monet are getting out of their (Monet could conceivably already be dead since the gas has filled the room she was in). Crazy shit

I also agree with Aldaron that Vergo probably has some sort of static fruit, the only question is how is he gonna be worked back in -- maybe rescued by doflamingo to be the main opponent of a SH (Sanji?) for the Doflamingo battle arc? ayeee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)