[Online Competition] Festive Feud

I managed to get 7th in my country, that's a lot better than I would've thought. Worldwide that's only 1744th though haha. Still not bad for my first competition and with only a few ev trained mons. If the next competition is fun I might try to get an actually good team for it and see how I fare then!

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I got 4th in the US and 58th overall my lowest ranking yet. If I had only won one more I would have been at least 3rd in the us.

Does anyone know when they will announce the next competition?

Last edited:
I finished 1726 with 24-6 and 12th/1209 place in the world, but I'm in Junior Division so it's not impressive -w-

I ended up getting matched up with way too many low-ranking players, so I didn't get very many high-quality battles. I didn't really see that many of the Top 12 Pokemon either, probably because I didn't play many high-rankers. Gardevoir was much more common in my battles, and I don't even remember facing any Charizard.

I ended up not using quite a few things on my team. Jellicent's Mental Herb was nearly untouched. U-turn and Will-O was on my Talonflame, too (what else am I supposed to have?). I do have to admit that Abomasnow's Ice Shard helped me once to secure a speed-tie in a 1v1 against M-Camerupt though.

Overall, I'm kind of disappointed in my performance (lost against nearly half of my matches versus Japanese players, and most of my wins were because the opponent was dumb), but even so, I claimed a rather high spot in the rankings. And I ended up winning against everyone I faced that wasn't Japanese or Korean. So my battling had to be at least decent. And my win-loss ratio was a pretty good step up from my last competition.

P.S. There's this certain amount of extreme "GOTCHA!" when I see Smeargle on their team, lead in the middle with Jellicent, and I Protect on everyone and Jellicent Magic Coats. However, one time, Smeargle Spiky Shielded on the first turn, and I Magic Coated into nothing. Oddly, he then Dark Voided the next turn, even though he knew I had Magic Coat.
His entire side fell asleep. I don't know whether he knew what he was doing or not.

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Super-after-the-fact, but I wanted to throw in my experience with this comp., the one I've enjoyed the most since starting my BS participation. Come to think of it, this is the only one that hasn't felt like a chore to get through.

Finished 3455th (final ranking of 1537) in Masters, 17 W-13 L, with a team that was originally designed to be a tribute to Battle #149 of my current best Battle Maison streak, as part of my ongoing "The Maison in the Greater Metagame" research. The original design was Charizard4/Rapidash4/Pyroar4/Emboar4/Darmanitan4/Volcarona4 (my only Maison Mono-Fire opponent to date, I believe), but the rules banned Pyroar & Rapidash from getting in on the action. On top of that, this thread talked up Regigigas so much that I eventually caved and included him in the final team.

As you can see from the pic, a super-basic sun team with Emboar4 (with Lansat Berry in place of Salac) and Darmanitan4, just have Regigigas support while the rest of the team just goes straight-on, with MegaZard-Y on the bench to counter opposing weather.

Did well the first day (went 7-3) and did surprisingly well against rain, but things went downhill from there, then lots of ebb and flow. Not having any real answers to Meowstic or getting overwhelmed by sand sucks...

Kinda pissed because I saved all thirty battles, but lost my 2DS at the time to (real) rain a little over a month later. Oh well...

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)