1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Online Sports Betting - Free and Fun

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Aeolus, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

So, I recently came across a pretty fun site. It is totally free. When you sign up, you are staked with $0.10. You can bet on whatever you want, and when you manage to make it to $20, you can cash out and they will cut you a check. If you manage to ever go below your original stake, they just give you another dime.

The site makes money because the set-up of the betting has you click on random ads, but they aren't annoying pop-ups or anything. Also, they pretty much bank on the idea that people will stop playing before they make it to $20 and they get to keep the ad revenue.

I've been playing for just a couple days, betting on the US Open... and I'm already up to about $4.00... it's pretty sweet! Obviously this isn't a way to get rich... but it's a lot of fun and you actually have the chance to cash in with a couple bucks if you stick with it.

Click this link to sign up!

Make sure to use the link I provided to sign up. It will automatically add you to my buddy list. I like having buddies too because when you win, the site gives me a bonus and we can see what each other is betting on. Have fun sports fans! Post here if you sign up so I know who my buddies are!
  2. dachickens

dachickens

I joined, I'll take a look at this.
  3. FM

FM

this is an awesome find, Aeolus :D
  4. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Ok a bunch of people have signed up and are listed in my buddies list... but I don't know who you are since you didn't post here!
  5. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

While I'm sketchy on why this is a sticky, I've signed up. I really enjoy this type of thing but I am also really bad at it - last time I was in Vegas I did quite a bit of betting since I wasn't 21, but was able to place bets through other people fairly easily... let's just say I would have been better off trying to sneak onto slot machines.

Here's hoping this goes a little better, maybe I'll learn a thing or two for the return trip, lol.

EDIT: I have to say I really like the feel of the site, the general lack of professionalism "No, screw the advertisers" "Sign me up, bitch" etc. is kind of fun.
  6. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

I already told Aeolus who I was, but it must be a good site to make Aeolus have a sig!
  7. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

I stickied it because it applies to all sports... and this is the Sports sub-forum. Also, gambling never goes out of style... so it will always be relevant! ;)

And RBG don't get too excited lol... I'm going to lose the sig in about a week. In general I don't believe in them unless for spreading a message... and I think people will like this site!
  8. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Nice find. I put a bet on a match in the SPL since I have no idea about any american sports and there's not much football going on in england until the weekend. This looks really cool. :)
  9. The_Chaser

The_Chaser RVW
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

I signed up. I've put 1c on Glasgow Ranger, Fiorentina and Debrecen (just for a joke). I also 1c on a Rubin Kazan and AEK Combo bet.
  10. Psycho

Psycho

I signed up for it and won my first bet on the Pats/Bills game and just threw my 19 cents on Manchester United!
  11. Huntofthelion

Huntofthelion Live for the nights you can't remember
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Signed up, but couldn't find the friends thing. I do have a friend listed, so maybe I didn't mess it up lol.

Cool site, thanks for the link.
  12. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

can i bet like 10.10 bucks because 10-20 cents just doesn't seem worth the effort :(
  13. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

That's why it's free, Shiv. Winning a few bets will allow you bet make bets on a larger scale.
  14. B-Lulz

B-Lulz You ain't gotta love it 'cos the hood gone love it
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah I signed up, its looks good but its a shame there isn't more variety.
  15. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

I signed up under Psycho on facebook a few days ago, I've been bringing in the cents with my awesome baseball betting skills. I've been helping my friend score real major money throughout the baseball season, I was just never comfortable with putting my money on the line on some of these sites. Not sure how to add other people to my buddy list though, I only have Psycho.
  16. gr33n

gr33n

signed up aswell
  17. HSA ♥

HSA ♥ I am the God of the new world.

Hmm... I will sign up. Will proabably check this out over the next few days.
  18. sbc

sbc

I also know of a website that has a credits based betting system integrated into vbulletin. Might cost a bit to implement if its an add on or something, but it would be cool to have a forum-integrated betting tool
  19. Psycho

Psycho

Going to win a huge bet on this Real Madrid Xerez game that I put Real Madrid (-2.5) over Xerez, with an Over of 3.5. At 90.00 plus extra time it's 5-0 Real Madrid!
  20. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

Haha... ok so it's a little embarrassing that some people who signed up significantly later than I did have more money than me... but I'm glad you're all doing well.

I've been getting hosed. Damn Green Bay and New England.
  21. Psycho

Psycho

Well, you'll make 5% of my 54 cent winnings today! Go you!
  22. phalanx

phalanx

signed up
    carling cup bet.. seems eveton v hull is the best one for a semi decent payout lol
  23. Stylish Interval

Stylish Interval

Signed up as Tyler. Since I always call right, I'm sure I'll make twenty-dollars in no time ;)
  24. moi

moi

I may (hoping) be the highest person on Aeolus' friend list.

Marc with his sparkling 90 cents. I'm just hoping my triple bet to win a buck thirty works.

oof i'm in fourth. hopefully that will change by tomorrow. (god damnit psycho is right behind me)
  25. Psycho

Psycho

2 game parlay bet. Bet $0.50 to win $1.4050

huge win on monday night football!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)