Onward to Strong Badia! Strong Badia, THE FREE! (Objection vs. rickheg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some more matches , I've got 2 open spots...

So I'll send out two challenges for 1v1's! And even better, I'm not packing Super Fang!

1v1
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills

Basic pokemon are prefered, but I'll take on anyone.

Arena: I'm too lazy. My challenger(s) may pick the arena, but I send out second.
I'll take one of your 1v1s. I'll be using basic mons only.

All abilities
No items
Switch = the square root of minus one

Arena: Strong Badia

A 20ft-by-30ft field with a white picket fence along the edges. There is also a tyre leaning on the fence and a stop sign with graffiti on it leaning on a cinder block. There is no external water source for moves like Surf, Muddy Water and Soak. Dig can be used but who knows what you may find a few feet underneath Strong Badia? (ref can decide what if anything lies underground)
*sigh* I dunno how, but I'm here, imprisoned in the dungeon of Strong Badia... Meaning I'm tied to the fence. I blame you, Buggo, as usual. Don't give me that squeaky crap, you gave Strong Bad the thread! Well, maybe he'll let me out for good behaviour, if I ref this fight! Objection approaches from the west, rickheg from the east. I don't know why they're about to go to war on this "sacred" soil of Strong Badia, but heyyyyy.

Team Objection:

Privatyke [Captain Hook] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)

Type: Water/Fighting
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35

EC: 1/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Unaware: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.
Klutz (DW): (Can be Disabled) The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, however an item is necessary to pull it off.

Attacks:
Bubble
Smokescreen
Yawn
Wrap
Arm Thrust

Bulk Up
Ice Punch
Recover
Soak

Earthquake
Brick Break
Waterfall

Deino [Maleficent] (F)
Nature: Hasty (+Speed, -Defence)

Type: Dark/Dragon
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 44 (+) (Accuracy boost: 6%)

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/0

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Attacks:
Tackle
Dragon Rage
Focus Energy
Bite
Headbutt
DragonBreath
Roar
Crunch

Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Ice Fang

Taunt
Protect
Thunder Wave

Budew [Cruella de Vil] (F)
Nature: Bold (+Defence, -Attack)

Typing: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 55

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Poison Point: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison.
Leaf Guard (DW): (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.

Attacks:
Absorb
Growth
Water Sport
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Worry Seed

Extrasensory
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder

Toxic
Venoshock
Shadow Ball

Team rickheg:

Syclar(*) Liberty (F)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)

Type: Ice/Bug
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon. (Glalie/Froslass line, Regice, Baibanira line, and Furijio ONLY: immunity to Sheer Cold, removal of Boiling water's Burn effect, and 50% reduction in burn chance from Fire moves.)
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and one Rock-type attack per round.
Technician (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Stats
Atk: Rank 2(-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 91

EC: 2/6
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Leer(*)
Leech Life(*)
Ice Shard(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Slash (*)
Icy Wind(*)
Scratch(*)
Slash (*)
Bug Bite(*)
Icicle Spear(*)
Bug Buzz

Earth Power(*)
Tail Glow(*)
Silver Wind (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Hidden Power Fire 6(*)
Protect (*)

Mienfoo(*) Swifty (M)
Nature: A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +11.25% increase in accuracy on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Special Attack)

Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1(-)
Spe: 75(65x1.15)

EC: 5/6
MC: 4
DC: 4/5

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Regenerator: (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.
Reckless (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon do two (2) more damage, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

Attacks:
Pound(*)
Meditate(*)
Detect(*)
Fake Out(*)
Double Slap(*)
Swift(*)
Calm Mind(*)
Drain Punch

Low Kick(*)
Feint(*)
Knock Off(*)

U-Turn(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Brick Break(*)

Cottonee (Levi) (M)
Nature: Modest (Adds to Special Attack; Subtracts from Attack)

Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilties:
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Infiltrator: (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Chlorophyll: (Innate)(Dream World Locked) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
90 HP
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 66

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Absorb
Growth
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Cotton Spore
Razor Leaf
Poison Powder

Worry Seed
GrassWhistle
Encore

Protect
Substitute
Energy Ball

Objection releases, rickheg releases and orders, Objection orders, I ref. Then Objections orders, rickheg orders, I ref. Etc.

Liberty the Syclar, this one's all you!

Start off with a Tail Glow, because that boosted attack is oh so delicious. Then launch a Bug Buzz, and hit her with an Ice Beam to finish the round.

If they use Sleep Powder, replace your action with Icy Wind to blow the spores away

On this temperate day, in this proud and noble land... Except, let's be honest, not really, two battlers with something of a history come together. Yes, Objection and rickheg have met before, but this is totally irrelevant, with two fresh faces in this battle! On Objection's side, three Disney Villains. On rickheg's, a ragtag team of misfits. Could go either way. Objection opts for his Budew, Cruella de Vil! And if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will. rickheg stares down the creature like a boss, and sends out his Syclar, Liberty. At first glance, rickheg has the advantage, but Objection's strategy may grant him the win! Let's look at the stats, Buggo.

Cruella de Vil (Natural Cure+Poison Point)
Energy: 100
Speed: 55
Boosts/Drops: 0
Actions: Toxic >>> Venoshock >>> Giga Drain
Sub Toxic until it hits.

Liberty (Compound Eyes+Mountaineer)
Energy: 100
Speed: 91
Actions: Tail Glow >>> Bug Buzz >>> Ice Beam
Sub Icy Wind if Sleep Powder used.

And the battle begins! Liberty's first, and she begins to focus the power of her brain. Her appendages, because of the boosted electrical activity, begin to glow! Wow, she's got a huge power boost on! I've got to get me something with Tail Glow... Objection takes the opportunity to drain his opponent, by poisoning her with Toxic smoke from a cigarette... Hey, those things'll kill ya! Wait, where did she even get it!? She's just that evil, I suppose. Liberty coughs in response. Looks like the Toxic's starting to get to her already...

The warmup for this battle is done though, and Liberty now comes out swinging, vibrating her body parts as fast as she can! That's quite a noise, worse than a thousand crickets! Buggo, String Shot up my ears, would ya? ... WELL, SCREW YOU TOO! But oh mama, that did some damage to Cruella, who's positively reeling from that attack. Not to be outdone, the Budew fires... small poison blobs onto Liberty. Yeah, that's done we- WHOA! They just electrocuted her! Dang, that's a nasty Venoshock, right there. Poor Liberty feels more poison pain as she is damaged by the Toxic.

This battle is clearly getting heated. Being an Ice type, Liberty doesn't like that, so she cools Budew off with an icy ray from her mouth. That did even more than the Bug Buzz! It is NOT Cruella's day! That even extinguished her cigarette! Realising he needs to pull something big out of the bag now, Objection orders Cruella to use Giga Drain, hopefully restoring some HP. Too bad Bug resists Grass... Still, it does some solid damage. The round ends with Liberty wincing under the pain of Toxic.

Calcs:
Syclar used Tail Glow (8 energy, +3 SpA)
Budew used Toxic (6 energy, Syclar fatally poisoned)
Syclar took poison damage (1)
Syclar used Bug Buzz (18 damage, 5 energy)
Budew used Venoshock (19 damage, 8 energy)
Syclar used Ice Beam (31 damage, 6 energy)
Budew used Giga Drain (7 damage, +3 HP, 7 energy)

HP: 41
Energy: 79

HP: 61
Energy: 81
Boosts/Drops: +2 SpA

EDIT: Objection orders, then rickheg, then I ref again.

How did Bug Buzz do 29 damage when Budew takes neutral damage from it? Grass is weak to bug but poison resists bug.

EDIT: You might be thinking about poison attacks against bug mons. Veekun and Bulbapedia say that poison resists bug.

Poison doesn't resist Bug, and it's super effective to Grass... Or is it? That's what the type chart on Serebii told me... I'll double check.

EDIT: Yup, I dun goofed. I read the type chart the wrong way up. DERP. I'll recalculate.

DOUBLE EDIT: Fixed. Your orders please, Objection.

OK, my orders.

Well let's face it, we're probably doomed at this point, so just go Sleep Powder then Venoshock until you drop.

This is going to be the second time I've lost to a Syclar in 2 rounds.

Okay, Liberty, this ends now! Use Protect to avoid the sleep, then use two Ice Beams to finish this round. Great work girl!

Looks like this one could be a short battle. Can Objection pull it out of the bag?

HP: 41
Energy: 79
Actions: Sleep Powder >>> Venoshock >>> Venoshock

HP: 61
Energy: 81
Boosts/Drops: +2 SpA
Actions: Protect >>> Ice Beam >>> Ice Beam

Round two of the battle begins! In a desperate attempt to turn things in her favour, Cruella de Vil releases a cloud of spores towards Liberty. Hey, I'm feeling tired just lookin at them... *yawn* But Liberty has no such problem, as she quickly throws up a a green, protective shield of energy around herself. This could be bad for Objection! Though there is a slight bright spot as Liberty winces under her Toxic poisoning.

Now the two just go all out with their strongest attacks: Ice Beam and Venoshock. Liberty's beam hits first, and the little Budew struggles back to her feet afterwards. But again, the blobs of poisonous acid hit home, and zap Liberty nastily. This, coupled with yet more Toxic damage, really starts to get on Liberty's nerves - she wants this DONE. And indeed, she does finish it, with her final Ice Beam. Poor Cruella is frozen inside a block of ice, and Objection's left to thaw her out with a hairdryer while rickheg and Liberty celebrate their victory. Great job, guys... Now who wants to untie me! ... Hello? HELLO?! HEY! RICKHEG! GET BACK HERE, DAMN IT!

Calcs:
Syclar used Protect (7 energy)
Budew used Sleep Powder (6 energy)
Syclar took poison damage (2)
Syclar used Ice Beam (29 damage, 6 energy)
Budew used Venoshock (19 damage, 8 energy)
Syclar took poison damage (2)
Syclar used Ice Beam (29 damage, 10 energy)

HP: KO

HP: 38
Energy: 65
Boosts/Drops: +1 SpA

Prizes:
I gain 2 RC.
Objection and rickheg gain 2 TC.
Cruella de Vil gains 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC.
Liberty gains 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)