1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Options menu, and options to disable animations and ignore spectators

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

So I've added an options menu.

In addition to options that were previously available (like setting avatars or showing timestamps), I've added new options: to disable animations, and to ignore spectators.

Feedback is welcome.
  2. StarmanXL

StarmanXL

It seems good.

Could you add the option to disable lobbychat, though? I know it can be done through ./chatoff but few people know the command and it'd be nice to have it already set to off without having to turn it off every time you rejoin.
  3. infringement153

infringement153

I'm having a problem where it will display a pokemon's health as a full green bar even when it's been damaged when I disable animations. It still shows the correct percentage when hovered over, however.
  4. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

If I request an AFD mode in this new menu would that be vain of me? (even though there already is a url for it)

No animations is nice for those who desperately wanted it good stuff Zarel?
  5. Manitary

Manitary

Awesome, and it's actually working! The other options are also nice, although I won't ever use the "show join/leaves/battle starts" after trying them once lol
  6. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

The lobbychat off feature is currently experimental; I'll add it the the options menu once it's completely fixed.

Fixed.

I think AFD mode is too minor.

I'm considering removing showjoins and showleaves from the menu, too, since there's no reason to actually change them from the default, as anyone who's changed them has found out. :P
  7. Joim

Joim Navigate the pitfalls, cross the great divide!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Awesome, Zarel!
  8. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

/lobbychat off is the best command ever

thanks, Zarel!
  9. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

is it possible to tweak /lobbychat command so that it still enables chat in PM or in battles?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)