ORAS Ubers Second Impressions - A 1 Year, 500 Post RMT

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I had to rip off Pwnemon, what can I say?

====
INTRODUCTION
====
~~~~~~~~~~

For those that don't know, my name is Krauersaut > Aenonar > Soon to be Krauersaut again. I've been around for, if the title was a bit too subtle, just over a year now. While I fully understand that this is NOT the best team I've ever built, it's an interesting premise, built to showcase the niches of Mega-Latias (yeah this is gonna get hate but w/e) and Ditto with the advent of OR/AS, and just happens to be the first non-HO team I've built this gen. Also, what better way to sneak in 2 pages of shoutouts than a 1 year, 500 post RMT? Without further ado - let the :]'s begin!

====
The Team
====
~~~~~~
|
|
|
|
|

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform

It's a completely standard Ditto set. I feel like this thing serves just as much, if not higher, of a psychological purpose as opposed to a physical one - this things presence on my team is an automatic "oh, shit" to any opponent using set-up sweepers. It's especially great in the OR/AS meta, with so many new set-up sweepers having been introduced *cough cough, Mega-Ray, cough cough*. It never fails to accomplish something valuable in a match :]

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

This is going to get me large amounts of hate, I know. The main question I get asked is “Why use this over Mega Ray?” The answer to that comes in two parts -

1) I dislike the idea of using something so commonplace as Mega-Rayquaza, and am trying to make viable teams that do not include it, and
2) This is a Bulky Offense team, and not one that Mega-Rayquaza would fit well on.

It has a niche in being able to soft check PDon, access to Healing Wish, and the ability to take an unboosted, 252+ EVs Moonblast from Xerneas. Tell me that isn't sexy.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

This thing is underrated as fuck, partially due to it being overhyped and partially due to, for many intents and purposes, its inferiority to the simple Scarf/Specs Ogre. However, this is a set it runs far more effectively than normal Ogre - RestTalk CM. It’s a rather standard set, and is running Ice Beam over a more powerful water move so as to avoid getting walled by the behemoth that is PDon.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat

I opted for a much more defensive set than most, that runs a little twist - Overheat. Groudon’s Special Defensive was never something people gawked at, and I sure as hell don’t plan on keeping this thing in on any Palkia in the near future, so I opted for a set that has potential to get rid of some increasingly common switch-ins, such as Yveltal. Serves primarily as a tanky, SR setter and phazer, and can *burn* some holes through teams. Ba dum tss.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing

Yveltal being on the team DOES give me a bit of a vulnerability to SR, but I argue that with Oblivion Wing and the speed set I’m running, it’s all good. It serves as both a tremendous wallbreaker on this Bulky Offense team of mine AND a last resort switch into PDon, and the heavy damage Sucker Punch wheels out is fantastic for any team.

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Force

This is a set that, not gonna lie, I stole from aim last gen (although I’m sure he stole it from someone else n-n). It runs optimal bulk, and enough speed to outrun neutral natured 252 EVs base 90s. It serves as a last ditch check to many things, among those Xerneas, Mega-Ray and Yveltal (non bulky sets, of course). I think that there should be a variant of Arceus on every team, as it contains so much potential, and EKiller just happened to be the fit for this one :]

====
Threatlist
====
~~~~~~

TBQH, if I/you/whoever ends up with this team plays intelligently enough, all threats can be circumvented. The biggest threat of the top of my head is the up-and-rising in popularity Special Giratina-O, which runs max SpA and Draco Meteor ._. If any relevant threats to the team are brought up, I'll add them :]

====
CONCLUSION
====
~~~~~~~~

I love you all :] Regardless of tough times that we may have hit along the way, I consider everyone on PS and Smogon to be a friend. Hopefully, this'll only continue in the future :]]]
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Force

Fireburn
You know what, we’ve had our differences in the past (a shitton of them, if I do say so myself). But that hasn’t gotten in the way of the respect I hold for you, both as an individual and, as corny as this is going to sound, as the tier leader (damn, you tried hard on the suspect ;[). On the note of the suspect test, I doubt you need me to say this, but I’ll say it anyway - don’t listen to people that are still bitching about it - while the end outcome might not have been the best, i'm sure it had the best of intentions.
Blue Jay
I missed you. Not gonna lie, I missed you quite a bit, and I’m damn happy that you’re back. Again, corny as it may sound, through all the shitstorms I was involved in before your hiatus, you dealt with everything as fairly as you could, and to this day, you retain that same sense of humor that we all love. We all love you <3
shrang
Especially recently, we’ve had a few fun battles and discussions, and I appreciate those little things more than you can know.
Sweep
I apologize for wasting 1/2 an hour of your time trying to fix the damn room intro =/
Redew
IT’S AN ARTY PARTY! I wub you <3
Xylen
I remember back when you were just a teensy little mentor. Damn, son, you’ve grown through the ranks fast xD
Darnell
Ty for allowing me to pester you with all the troubles of the Ubers room n-n Wub you <3
malefic
In terms of my joining to PS, you were the first person I could really consider to be a friend, which I appreciate so much. Thank you for your service, and stay chill :]
Aquasition
I love y - *runs away*
Arcticblast
In the few discussions we’ve had on IRC and on PS, we’ve had some good times. Keep rocking on Soundcloud, I enjoyed those n-n
Pwnemon
PWNEEEEEEEE your an fgt. And I adore you for it <3
Audiosurfer
You introduced me to doubles, a tier that, even though I’ve since dropped, I enjoyed being a part of. Although I still think you need to be less uptight, that doesn’t change that everyone damn loves you n-n
Electrolyte
You’re the friendliest person I know :] Thanks for always being a bae ,3
finally
FANLYYYYYYY see above. But I still wub you <3
Astounded
We go WAY back, Arsenal(Red9) :] I admire how good you are at the game, and can’t wait to work closely with you in the future :]
dice
You taught me the tier that I still play (and love) to this day. Now, just sneak me into SPL… Anyway, I love how open you are about your personality and beliefs, and admire more than you can imagine how brave you are to be yourself and give no fucks about anyone who doesn’t like that. I appreciate someone being so open with me about themselves, and although I probably don’t exactly show it, I believe you to be one of the best people I know. Thank you for everything :]
Edgar
Your dubious nationality is only rivalled by your unique playstyle. Aside from that, you’ve got a damn col personality that I admire you for, and I love your humor on all your Youtube videos. Don’t forget to rate, comment and subscribe bois :^]
Hack
If Dice taught me the game, you helped me master it. (Disclaimer: sure as hell not calling myself a master of it.) You’re the best player I know, and I’m so grateful you took the time to help me out when I needed it. Now, come back for OR/AS already >:[
PROBLEMS
Oliiiiiiii :] I don’t know you that well, tbh, but out of the times we’ve talked, I know what a chill, dedicated and intelligent guy you are. IDK how that smogmog thread’s going to go, but regardless of the outcome, good luck with it.
SteelJackal
We’ve hit a bump recently. I don’t know if a ‘friendship’ was ever there, but if it was, I want to bring it back. I was recently told you came in 2nd in the Ubers Grand Slam, which means if I didn’t lose to a Dice team, I’d have kicked your ass. By that, I mean congratulations :]
WreckDra
Eyyy :] You have a great sense of what’s right and wrong, and act upon it well. I admire that :]
yohoE
You know what, opposite to Steel up there, I feel like we started off rough (like, really rough), but have grown to be, while maybe not friends in the sense of the word, acquainted with each other, and I know you’re a fun guy who’s way more intelligent than he lets on :] The warn spam is, not gonna lie, getting to be a fun little inside joke, so please don’t think it’s pissing me off. :]
orch
You threw me through “How to Survive on Internet 101” in my early days on Showdown. That saved me :] We don’t speak much anymore, but we really should.
hyw
Henri, I love you. That’s all there is to it :]
pain
An old friend, as with Arsenal, can’t wait to work with you more in future.
Minus
I miss you :[ I miss our conversations, and the laughs, and the general talks. Get yo ass back home :[
Sashay
I maintain that this is the worst name change since Krauersaut -> Aenonar. You’ll always be Bri to me :]
EonX
Another one that’s climbed through the ranks (hell, you’ve BLAZED through the ranks) recently. We don’t talk much anymore, but we should :]
Gizmo
I’ve only known you for a short while, but you’ve got to be one of the chillest guys I know. :]
Azumarill
Same as Gizmo, I’ve only known you for a short while, but that team we built together helped me get past a bit of a mental block. You’re chill, and we should talk more in the future :]
Thetwinmasters
As much as i find you annoying beyond belief at times, not only have you grown more mature recently, but you’ve also been a part of many good laughs in the past that we should try to make happen again.
Dallaren
My only OU fren :] We don’t talk as much anymore, but we should.
dabroyo
Glad to see how much you’ve grown in the last few months, supersaiyan3 :] I look forward to working with you in the future.
Mizuhime
You are the most useless tutor in the world. This is all I have to say to you.

but i love you anyway ;^]

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aenonar said:
TBQH, if I/you/whoever ends up with this team plays intelligently enough, all threats can be circumvented.

Alright but for real one thing I am legitimately concerned about is your lack of Dragon resists, opposing Soul Dew Latis (read: the good kind) can come in on Groudon, Kyogre, or your silly Modest Latias and proceed to KO something with Draco Meteor. You can fix this by replacing either Kyogre or Yveltal with Xerneas (Scarf or Geo can work here depending on who you axe). I would also recommend replacing Latias with Mega Rayquaza because it can revenge kill Latis post Mega Evolution, which is actually a legitimate niche for it on this team outside the obvious niche of being the best Pokemon in the entire game.

I appreciate the shoutout you COD-playing sailor-mouthed 1413 year old. :]

The first thing I notice is that this is a bulky offense team with no Mega Rayquaza. Now this may be good to be creative, but you are using Mega Latias as an alternative, which begs the question: If using Latias at all, why not Soul Dew? Perhaps, you do not know that Soul Dew is confirmed, so you might want to change to that if thats the case, otherwise I see no advantage of using Mega Latias over Soul Dew Latias.

Secondly, nothing on your "bulky" offense team can switch into dragon type move or an attack from Ho-oh. Once SR is gone, Ho-oh walls 5/6 of your team and can cripple the last one.

I would recommend against using the Primal Kyogre set of Rest/Sleep Talk/Calm Mind/Ice Beam. There is small incentive to boost with Calm Mind and use the relativity weak Ice Beam. I would recommend using Origin Pulse over Calm Mind for a strong stab move.

To remedy these problems I suggest the following in place of Normal Arceus:

Arceus-Fairy
~ Judgment
~ Recover
~ Stone Edge
~ Toxic

With this, you'll need to replace Mega Latias with Mega Rayquaza to make up for the lost priorty. Not wanting to use Mega Rayquaza because everyone is using it is not a valid excuse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Performance: **
Creativity: **
Originality: ****
Enjoyment: **

Overall: **

Hope this helps

- Toshhy

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The first thing I notice is that this is a bulky offense team with no Mega Rayquaza. Now this may be good to be creative, but you are using Mega Latias as an alternative, which begs the question: If using Latias at all, why not Soul Dew? Perhaps, you do not know that Soul Dew is confirmed, so you might want to change to that if thats the case, otherwise I see no advantage of using Mega Latias over Soul Dew Latias.

Secondly, nothing on your "bulky" offense team can switch into dragon type move or an attack from Ho-oh. Once SR is gone, Ho-oh walls 5/6 of your team and can cripple the last one.

I would recommend against using the Primal Kyogre set of Rest/Sleep Talk/Calm Mind/Ice Beam. There is small incentive to boost with Calm Mind and use the relativity weak Ice Beam. I would recommend using Origin Pulse over Calm Mind for a strong stab move.

To remedy these problems I suggest the following in place of Normal Arceus:

Arceus-Fairy
~ Judgment
~ Recover
~ Stone Edge
~ Toxic

With this, you'll need to replace Mega Latias with Mega Rayquaza to make up for the lost priorty. Not wanting to use Mega Rayquaza because everyone is using it is not a valid excuse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Performance: **
Creativity: **
Originality: ****
Enjoyment: **

Overall: **

Hope this helps

- Toshhy
If you don't mind, I'm going to now rate... your rate.

I very clearly outlined the reasons and niches for using Mega-Latias in my post, those being that it can survive an unboosted, 252+ EV Moonblast from Xerneas, the ability to check Primal Groudon, and access to Healing Wish support. Soul Dew would give me a more Specially Defensive member, which is not something I need on this team.

Next, seeing as Groudon is with ease the most resilient SR setter in the tier, and is only boosted more by Healing Wish support, I have little to no issues getting/keeping SR up, especially with the offensive progress the team provides.

Lastly, as I once again very clearly outlined in my post, the reason of using Ice Beam over Origin Pulse was to enable this to set up even with an opposing Primal Groudon. Note that this doesn't mean set up ON Groudon, but allows it a chance to beat it. Origin Pulse is good for late game, but late game, Primal Kyogre is superceded by other relevant threats such as the omnipresent Mega-Rayquaza. On the note of Mega-Rayquaza, Kyogre survives an unboosted Dragons Ascent, and does hefty damage with, you guessed it - Ice Beam.

I'm not even going to dwell on Arceus Fairy and Rayquaza-Mega over Mega-Latias and Bulky Ekiller - it completely annihilates the cohesiveness of my team.

No offense, but to rate, you really need to look at the team in-depth. I'd give your rate, no offense, what you gave my team n-n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)