Let's Play! Orange Islands Plays: The Rebirth

Next Sunday starting at 1pm EST will be the next OI Plays. I'm moving it forward an hour since clearly I am incapable of being up and ready for anything by 12pm on a Sunday because I'm a total slob. This week's suggested playthrough will be a Mono-colour run. Mono-colour is a run where you can only use Pokemon of one dex colour. Use this page for reference. If the Pokemon changes color upon evolving... I'll let you guys work out the details. Personally I'm going to strictly only use individual Pokemon, but if you want to be allowed to use Pokemon that evolve into the right color that's up to you. Keep in mind you don't HAVE to do the suggested challenge during the hang out, so long as you're playing a Pokemon game. Cya then!

I'll be doing a mono-blue run of Sapphire. This past Sunday's OI Plays was the first time I beat a gen3 game, so this will be interesting.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I will be there, but not playing mono challenge. I'll be playing my newly acquired Y game! :D

Come hang out with us as super noob tries to figure out Pokemon Y.

After some research, I have decided that I will not be bringing Spaghetti Code back for the mono-blue run, despite Spaghetti Code being blue. I had decided in the mono-Grass run to intentionally not get the EXP Share because it requires 50 owned mons in the Pokedex in FRLG. Well, trading between FRLG and RSE requires 60 owned mons in the FRLG game, and I'm not going to catch over 40 new mons just to trade one mon over to the next run. It's just not worth it and there are plenty of blue mons in Sapphire.

Next Sunday starting at 1pm EST will be the next OI Plays. Same shit as last week.;This week's suggested playthrough will be a Mono-colour run. Mono-colour is a run where you can only use Pokemon of one dex colour. Use this page for reference. If the Pokemon changes color upon evolving... I'll let you guys work out the details. Personally I'm going to strictly only use individual Pokemon, but if you want to be allowed to use Pokemon that evolve into the right color that's up to you. Keep in mind you don't HAVE to do the suggested challenge during the hang out, so long as you're playing a Pokemon game.

Yes I just copied and pasted this from last week with a few minimal edits. There's really nothing new to say for this week, it's business as usual. Cya on Sunday!

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Whoops, I've played a minimal amount of my mono-blue Ruby Randomizer since then. Oh well.

P.S. That darned Kyogre will spend the rest of its life rotting away in the PC.

GDI

Slept in again, once again set my alarm for PM instead of AM. I'll join in at the right time but I'll be a few minutes again, eating/brushing teeth/doing some quick chores. Sorry guys, it really does seem like I'm just doomed to not be on time for this lol.

Next Sunday starting at 1pm EST will be the next OI Plays. Same shit as last week.;This week's suggested playthrough will be a Mono-colour run. Mono-colour is a run where you can only use Pokemon of one dex colour. Use this page for reference. If the Pokemon changes color upon evolving... I'll let you guys work out the details. Personally I'm going to strictly only use individual Pokemon, but if you want to be allowed to use Pokemon that evolve into the right color that's up to you. Keep in mind you don't HAVE to do the suggested challenge during the hang out, so long as you're playing a Pokemon game.

Yes I just copied and pasted this from last week with no edits. It's identical to last week. Have fun peeps.

Well, I just finished a level-grinding session (which I streamed on Twitch). Six of my Pokemon are now level 25, and Jaina has evolved into an Azumarill. I feel confident about being able to down Archie tomorrow!

Unfortunately, family stuff came up at the last minute for me this week so DHR-107 has volunteered to set up and start up OI plays this week. I won't be able to attend this week but hopefully everything goes fine without me! The time hasn't changed or anything, I just won't be able to come.

Oh whoops, I gotta remember to do this shit earlier.

Same time, same place, same stuff for now. No need to CP a bunch of stuff again right? Just scroll up a few posts and add a week to the date.

I won't be able to start the hangout until 2PM this week, so if someone else wants to start it earlier than that they're welcome to. I kinda got caught up playing Destiny with friends and now it's 6 am.

It appeared (please correct me if I'm wrong) that I was the only one interested in OI Plays today, so it didn't happen :-(

Due to my capture card dying, I was not able to participate in today's OI Plays and might not be able to participate in next week's. It depends on how long it takes for the new card to come in.

The new capture card is in! I'll be able to make it to next Sunday's OI Plays, and boy do I miss leading the Gold and Blue! Victory Road, here I come!

Sorry about not posting anything yet today guys. It's Thanksgiving in Canada so that's why I didn't host anything for this week.

I have a pretty good idea for a challenge for next week though, and I'll be joining everyone next week unless something else pops up.

Alright, this Sunday's OI plays challenge is a challenge I came up with myself that's a variant of a few ideas I've heard here and there.

This week we'll be doing the No free healthcare challenge. In this challenge, there's no more free health care in the Pokemon world. Instead, every time you get a full party heal that isn't forced on you by the story you have to pay (toss) 20 of the highest level Pokeball you can buy (and you have to buy them, you can't just toss ones you get from other sources). This includes healing from NPCs and whiting/blacking out! If you can't pay your medical expenses, you go into debt. While in debt you can't spend any money on anything except paying off your debt. You also must immediately sell any and all items you pick up until your debt is paid. So it's probably a good idea to avoid going into debt eh?

EDIT: Thought of a loophole for the challenge. New rule to close it: withdrawing a Pokemon from your PC costs half as much as using a Pokemon center to heal, and must be paid every time you withdraw a Pokemon.

OI plays will start around 2pm EST on Sunday October 19th this week. See you there!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)