Let's Play! Orange Islands Plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Awwww... Can't be there for Saturday (Going to a friends this weekend), but weekends are definitely better for me! Randomizers are always great fun, especially if you have a powerful one which lets you change a lot of stuff.

I would definitely suggest activating "No Early Shedinja" if you are using the randomizer I think you are. You guys will also need Java installed for the randomizer to work... I guess Deino can explain the rest of that on IRC as I'm not sure on rules regarding other stuff.

Hopefully I will be able to play this round, so we will see.

In any case, with the randomizer, will a single file be distributed or will we all randomise it ourselves?

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully I will be able to play this round, so we will see.

In any case, with the randomizer, will a single file be distributed or will we all randomise it ourselves?
I'll be setting certain specifications to be the "recommended" randomizations, but quite frankly you can do whichever randomizations you want. In any case, you're going to randomize your own.

deinosaur

Unfortunately, something has come up for me on Saturday, so the Orange Islands Plays will be moved to Sunday, February 24th at 3 PM EST. If I am not able to make it on Sunday either, (unlikely, but just in case) user Kadew will be making the Skype call from my Skype account, so if you were in the group last week, you'll still be there.

If you're not part of the group, add deinosaur31 to your contacts list. See you all on Sunday!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Ah, awesome, I might be home by then :D Will def be on Sunday evening my time anyway so should be around regardless!

I hope I get something as epic as my Extremespeed Abra!

Alright finally I finished the monotype Poison Black 2 run!
I'll upload some videos of the 'final' matches, but the one vs the league got broken two times and I didn't want to redo all the five battles again. You will see a Pelipper which was caught for plot reason (you can't catch Tentacool/cruel in BW2 but you need Surf)
  • Shauntal: Rawst Berry Drapion, SD and spam Crunch
  • Caitlin: Chesto Berry Drapion, SD twice and spam Crunch
  • Grimsley: (A)Crobat 2HKO Liepard and Scrafty, Superpower OHKO Bisharp, use w/e to 1-2HKO Krookodile
  • Marshal: (A)Crobat 2HKO Throh and Conkeldurr, the other two don't have Guts so Weezing can wear them down with WoW+Rocky Helmet
  • Iris: Hydreigon outspeeds Quiet Scolipede, if he doesn't get high damage roll with Flamethrower there's the OHKO with Megahorn. For Druddigon Ice Fang/Punch is a 2HKO and Petal Dance 1-2HKO Lapras (depending on damage roll). Aggron has Autotomize so don't use Dig!!, after the Superpower Scolipede dies and Weezing can take care of him. Archeops is a pain because you need a healthy Drapion to take his HP below 50%, hoping that he doesn't flinch to Rock Slide. Haxorus is difficult because after one (or two!) DD the only one who can damage him is Weezing with many Hyper Potions

Scolipede (F) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Swarm
Level: 53
Quiet Nature
- Megahorn
- Superpower
- Dig
- Swords Dance

Muk (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sticky Hold
Level: 53
Naughty Nature
- Brick Break
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch

Roserade (M) @ Miracle Seed
Trait: Poison Point
Level: 52
Bashful Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Ball
- Petal Dance

Drapion (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Battle Armor
Level: 55
Mild Nature
- Dig
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Crobat (M)
Trait: Inner Focus
Level: 54
Relaxed Nature
- Acrobatics
- Heat Wave
- X-Scissor
- Roost

Weezing (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Levitate
Level: 52
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

deinosaur

Some snapshots from my victory in my Randomizer Run. I started with Oddish. I actually had quite the fun playing through this! Even though I never got Ralts and my Bellossom doesn't have an ability...

I hope you all come back to play next week! We didn't have as many people this week. Orange Islands!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Deino, you should really put down what your movesets were and the like!

I'll be carrying on with my "Super Random" later. Golduck with 164 Special Attack ftw :D

deinosaur

Unfortunately, due to personal conflicts, there is no OIP today. But rest assured, it will take place next weekend!

Also I will be looking into using Google Hangout instead, as I have had recommended to me.

deinosaur

The next Orange Islands Plays will be held on Sunday, March 10th at 10 AM EST. I did not do enough research into google hangout, so we'll be on Skype for another week. Please add me deinosaur31 if you haven't already to participate.

This week, we'll be doing something from the last Orange League. A Little Cup Runthrough! Pick any game you like, but the twist is, you may only capture pokemon that can evolve, and they must be at their lowest evolutionary stage. This means no legendaries, seeing as none of them can evolve. I hope to see you all there, this will be another exciting OIP!

As always, please send questions or requests to Deinosaur by either PMing me or leaving a VM.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
This is surprisingly good fun. If a little annoying with the whole "omg I have to press B after every battle" thing.

I'm up to around Gardenia in Gen 4, team is fairly solid (Geodude, Machop, Starly, Shinx and Piplup). I doubt I'll change that now unless something amazing appears. I might drop Gedude at some point.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm still in the early game, and have raesnap the pansear, rocknroll the roggenrola and Zebraiken the blitzle on black, as well as Eeyun the Woobat as a sort of revenger which gets it experience from outspeeding pokemon paralyzed by Zeb and then who fainted. As you may guess it is kind of under-leveled.
Anyway, I am in pretty good shape to face Burgh now.

Wow that was pretty hard, but also very interesting! I did a LC Emerald run, choosing Mudkip as starter, and Aron/Shroomish/Chinchou/Spheal/Poochyena/Gulpin in the League battles

Honorable mention to:
Manitary (Mudkip), the best starter
RedBaron (Taillow), 0 defenses but punch holes early and mid-game
Derp (Baltoy), catched and trained only because of Silk Scarf Self-Destruct for Tate & Liza match...you were awesome
Giovanni (Geodude) and Qwash (Tentacool), the best HM slaves

p.s. does anyone know a good program to record? I always have problem because after the recording I stop and save the video, then opening it gives an error message :/

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ok, now I am nearly ready to fight Clay.
Elesa is way too hard! >:(
What is tomorrow's theme btw? (for me its sunday already!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)