XY Ubers ORAS - Black and White Offense! (peaked top 10)

This team is surprisingly Hyper Offense. The aim is to stack spikes and rocks and finish off everything with strong sweepers; applying immense offensive pressure to prevent recovery, defog/spin, and opposing set-up sweepers to comfortably set up to dangerous levels. I couldn't go for #1 because the ladder is really buggy right now and even when you do find battles your score is hardly ever updated, so I stopped as soon as I reached top 10.

TEAM PREVIEW:

Teambuilding process:

Hazard Layer - for my hazard layer I chose Scolipede because it's fantastic at what it does. I fell in love with the bug and how effective it was after using Level 56's Ultimate Art team a lot in XY. It was my first choice because it could anti-lead other leads such as Deoxys and the presence of Sashed Endeavor was too good, forcing my opponent to pick their poison. Also Toxic Spikes is a great insurance against other HO and further reduces the chances of other set-up sweepers sweeping me, because the chip damage really wears them down and puts them in revenge killing range via priority easily. It also really annoys balance and stall teams because the chip damage wears them down so fast.

Threatening counter leads - Scolipede really hates Giratina, Gengar, Ho-oh, Ferrothorn and the likes. So I chose a mon that could really threaten these Pokemon as well as lure some such as Ho-oh. This Pokemon was Xerneas. Xerneas makes my opponent think twice about counter-leading Scolipede and forces 50-50s which could easily fall in my favour.

Stealth Rocks - my rock setter is Primal Groudon. I don't think I have to explain this Pokemon and why I chose it straight away. It's insanely good and fills numerous roles. Kyogre switch-in, Ekiller check, Geoxern check, Zekrom Counter, the list goes on. So many huge threats covered in one slot gave me no second thoughts in choosing this monster.

Revenge Killer / Sweep stopper - in such an offense oriented meta, I needed a Pokemon that provided strong priority to prevent me from getting swept. Ekiller was chosen because it's fantastic at this. It stops Rayquaza (to some extent, definitely not a counter) by easily living a +1 Espeed thanks to its great natural bulk and finishes it with Extremespeed. I'm not concerned about +2 Espeed because that means an SD set, therefore I'm faster. Besides, Ekiller still lives a +2 Espeed.

Nuke - next I wanted to add a Pokemon that could rip through stall and balance as well as occasionally sweep HO. This Pokemon was obviously Mega Rayquaza. So stupidly broken.

Scarfer - I needed a scarfer to provide another form of revenge killing and a late game sweep. I chose Scarfed Kyogre. It's definitely not as good as it was last gen thanks to Primal Groudon and Mega Ray being on every single team, but I still think it's underrated threat. People usually assume its primal and let their checks die, only to be swept by a late game Spout. I guess I was slightly biased in choosing this Pokemon because it was one of my favourite Uber Pokemon from last gen, I used it in pretty much every team.

Now that that's out the way, the team!

Scolipede

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Standard Uber lead Scoli. It reliably sets up at least two layers - usually one Toxic Spike and one Spike. The EVs are straightforward, any bulk investment was unncessary due to the Sashed Endeavor technique. So Jolly nature with 252 Atk and 252 Speed was chosen to maximise Speed and Attack. Toxic Spikes and Spikes are self-explanatory. Pin Missile is there as its one offense move and allows it to anti-lead Deoxys, Mewtwo etc. Endeavor prevents it from being set-up fodder and pretty much gaurantees it at least one kill per game.

Primal Groudon

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Support Primal Groudon. Fire Punch hits REALLY hit hard under sun and thanks to it now being a Fire type. Earthquake was the other STAB move chosen to hit Kyogre, Zekrom etc. I chose it over Precipice Blades because it's more reliable and it still gets the OHKO on Zekrom. Roar is crucial as it prevents things from setting up on it, namely Mega Rayquaza who resists both its STABs. It also works really well with the layers of spikes provided by Scolipede. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock. 96 Atk EVs were used to 2HKO Ekiller with Fire Punch, as well as standard Geoxern so I win both 1v1 match ups. No, not even a +2 Earthquake from Life Orb Ekiller kills. 96 Atk EVs also gaurantees the OHKO on Mega Gengar with Fire Punch, including some variants that like to run HP. This prevents Earthquake mind games (normal Gengar gets Levitate) and is really helpful because Gengar also stops Scolipede. If my opponent leads with Gengar predicting Scolipede and I lead with Don, they usually like to Taunt thinking they got me or expect me to switch out, so the OHKO with Fire Punch is really helpful and gets me huge momentum early game. The rest of the EVs were in HP and Defense with a bit of speed creeping. I didn't put 252 in Defense because of diminishing returns (252HP / 164Def is actually more physically bulky than 164HP / 252 Def), since Groudon's defense stat is huge while its HP stat isn't, so investing in HP brings more returns, both on the physical and special side.

Mega Rayquaza

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed / V-Create
- Dragon Dance / Swords Dance

The most broken Pokemon ever. Who ever thought we'd get something more broken than Geoxern? This thing 6-0s teams with ease and Stealth Rock and Spikes make its job easier. I chose the DD set because it works well against everything - stall, balance and HO. Dragon Ascent is mandatory, Earthquake is amazing coverage in tandem with Dragon Ascent, hitting Zekrom, Dialga, Primal Don, Arc-Rock etc. Flying and Ground is just great coverage in general. Extremespeed is amazing priority and forces Ditto to Espeed, as Ditto dies to +1 LO Espeed. This way Ditto can't sweep me if it comes in when I have DD'd, because Espeed won't OHKO my other Pokemon. Furthermore, the dual Espeed priority with Ekiller is really helpful and pretty much gaurantees set-up sweepers from ever sweeping me. I slashed V-Create and Swords Dance because I use them when I know I'm gonna play stall. Nothing in stall can wall DA, EQ, VC, and SD stacked on top of a Life Orb, so this thing can pretty much 6-0 them. Even Mega Aggron isn't enough, as it dies to +2 Life Orb V-Create. I chose the Adamant nature because I'm using the DD set so I outspeed everything relevant at +1 anyway. Also, Adamant picks up some key KOs which I'll show later. 4 EVs in SpDef so Genesect gets the Attack boost instead of SpAtk, this way I'm not hit as hard with Ice Beam.

Xerneas

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 88 Atk / 188 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Aromatherapy / Close Combat

Xerneas was chosen for many reasons. It provides a switch in to Yveltal while also forming a Fairy and Ground core with Groudon, leaving Zekom crying. It's a pretty standard Life Orb set and threatens everything that tries to counter-lead Scoli. Moonblast is obviously its main move and hits ridiculously hard with Fairy Aura and Life Orb. It takes care of Giratina who Scolipede hates. Rock Slide to lure Ho-oh who tries to counter-lead Scoli by hopes of Sacred Fire burn. HP Fire for things like Scizor and Ferrothorn and Aromatherapy is there to act as a cleric. It gives a second chance to burned Ekiller and Rayquaza, as well as Paralyzed Kyogre. However sometimes I change to Close Combat because it hits Blissey, Heatran and other steel types in general. I can't really decide between the two, since I rarely use Aromatherapy because this meta is so offense oriented right now but it's always nice to have. At the same time the things that Close Combat hits are very rarely used because Blissey and Heatran aren't found on offense teams. 88 Atk EVs nets the gauranteed OHKO on 248HP Ho-oh (Rock Slide) and KOs Blissey after SR (Close Combat), as well as OHKO Excadrill. I didn't use 252 Speed because I'm using HP Fire, so I'm not speed tying with other base 99s anyway, therefore I put enough to allow me to outspeed base 95s such as Rayquaza before mega and Kyurem-W. The rest was put in SpAtk. I chose Hasty nature to further increase its ability to switch into Yveltal.

Arceus

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Standard Ekiller. Not much to say here really. Everyone knows how this things works, what it does, etc. I guess I could mention why I didn't choose options such as Overheat, well because Groudon's Fire Punch and Xerneas's HP Fire is enough Fire coverage. Other than that, this thing is really good, great bulk, strong priority, really prevents sweeps from happening. Dual Espeed in the form of Ray and Ekiller is really nice to have. 4 EVs in Defense prevents Genesect from getting the Attack boost so it reduces U-Turn or Explosion damage.

Kyogre

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

The mon I was least sure about picking. As I said, I most probably chose this Pokemon because of bias. It's still a big threat and like I said gives me a win con since people sack their checks to it expecting Primal. It's still a very good late game cleaner and can revenge kills a lot of things. However, the presence of Primal Groudon and Mega Ray have really reduced its effectiveness. Early / mid-game I'm forced to Ice Beam solely because of these threats, and Ice Beam isn't a good move to be locked into. However, late game, it has worked wonders for me and this is why I decided to keep it on the team, because it still proves itself to be a very solid Pokemon. I chose Origin Pulse over Surf for the power (why didn't I choose Precipice Blades on Groudon then?), well because it grabs numerous KOs after Stealth Rock and Spikes that Surf wouldn't. Origin Pulse after a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock is almost equal in power to Water Spout. All in all though, I feel like Kyogre can be replaced, maybe by something black or white to fit the team ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Ty for reading! Look forward to suggestions, especially on Kyogre!

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 240 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Dance

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 88 Atk / 188 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Aromatherapy

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
CALCS:

PDon's Fire Punch

96 Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus in Sun: 184-217 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO, gauranteed after Stealth Rock

96 Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas in Sun: 219-258 (52.2 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, easy 2HKO allows it to 2HKO bulkier variants.

96 Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar in Sun: 261-307 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

96 Atk Primal Groudon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 326-386 (95.6 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO, gauranteed after SR

Adamant Ray

252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Yveltal: 372-438 (94.6 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Yveltal: 339-399 (86.2 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Also helps when revenge killing Geoxern.

Origin Pulse

252+ SpA Kyogre Surf vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Rain: 274-324 (65.3 - 77.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Rain: 336-396 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

- Hey Dilwar, nice team.

- Arceus; My favorite pokes at Uber because it is very offensive. I see that is the normal way with LO. As a tip you'd try Overheat by Earthquake, because with Shadow Claw you can hit guys who can hit ghosts levitate. Ferrothorn can give you a problem that another option Overheat and more surprise factor I see well.

- Xerneas; Good set mixed. You will know better than I do not know if Ho-Oh is used / will use much but it's always better to take Rock Slide for if the occasion arises. The change would be introduced by HP Fire Close Combat. Hm, I think it's a good change. Rely not think much of HP Fire. Close Combat can fight Chansey / Blissey or Dialga / Ferro. But it can be annoying if you stay just before Aegislash.

Last edited:
- Hey Dilwar, nice team.

- Arceus; My favorite pokes at Uber because it is very offensive. I see that is the normal way with LO. As a tip you'd try Overheat by Earthquake, because with Shadow Claw you can hit guys who can hit ghosts levitate. Ferrothorn can give you a problem that another option Overheat and more surprise factor I see well.

- Xerneas; Good set mixed. You will know better than I do not know if Ho-Oh is used / will use much but it's always better to take Rock Slide for if the occasion arises. The change would be introduced by HP Fire Close Combat. Hm, I think it's a good change. Rely not think much of HP Fire. Close Combat can fight Chansey / Blissey or Dialga / Ferro. But it can be annoying if you stay just before Aegislash.
Earthquake is a better option than Overheat imo, it hits Primal Groudon quite hard, and thus prevents E-killer from being walled by Primal Groudon (which is on every single team nowadays btw).

Close combat is a good option to deal with the pink blobs, but it can't OHKO Ferrethorn if I'm not mistaken. OP stated in his RMT that if you really want Close Combat, you can replace it with Aromatheraphy, which is very rarely used in the current Hyper Offense meta.

Dilwar, you can consider replacing Kyogre with Ditto. That will prevent your opponent from bossting their Mega-Rayquaza and other sweepers. Ditto is kinda situational though, it can't tank as many hits as Kyogre and is just dead weight against stall teams. But since everyone and their mother is using Mega-Rayquaza on their team these days, using Ditto to prevent Mega-Rayquaza from setting up and sweeping your team is quite worth it.

This is a decent enough team, it's similar to other Mega Rayquaza HO but that's gonna be expected in this impossible meta and isn't a bad thing by any means. There's not a whole lot to optimize and I especially like the Groudon spread; I can tell you put some thought into it. I do notice that the slashing on Rayquaza is a little weird; you have V-Create and Extreme Speed slashed when Rayquaza shouldn't really drop Extreme Speed unless it's running Dragon Dance. Judging by your comments you meant to have something along the lines of Dragon Ascent / Earthquake / V-Create / Extreme Speed with Swords Dance slashed somewhere in there, but the importable is something entirely different. I'll go off what's in the importable since I'm assuming that's what you actually use and say that Rayquaza shouldn't really run Dragon Dance and Extremespeed; the two moves are hilariously redundant since +1 Speed Rayquaza outpaces most everything anyway, and can use the Extreme speed slot for coverage like V-Create or Draco Meteor instead. I think Extremespeed is more valuable on this specific team, and I don't see an issue with running a set like Swords Dance / Dragon Ascent / V-Create / Extremespeed here. You break stall courtesy of V-Create, and offense falls to +2 Life Orb ExtremeSpeed. It's more flexible than your current set, which I find ideal.

I understand the confusion in the last slot but I think I can help. Currently, the team lacks a good way to beat Lugia; your best bet is to wear it out with Stealth Rock up by switching around a lot and driving its HP down to the point where it can be finished off, when you actually have space for a really strong answer to it. I'd drop Kyogre for Yveltal; it gives you another Ground immunity to handle Primal Groudon a little better as well as patching up your Arceus-Ghost weakness, which I don't think you mentioned anywhere. I don't think the loss of your Choice Scarf user is hugely important; if you're really concerned about something like Darkrai then you can simply give Arceus a Lum Berry to curtail that, and Yveltal does help revenge kill things via Sucker Punch. I think an optimal Yveltal set is Foul Play / Sucker Punch / Oblivion Wing / Taunt, since it doesn't give Ho-Oh or Extreme Killer Arceus space to do anything and screws over slower Defoggers or hazard setters. Standard EVs of 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spe are fine, with a Mild Nature to help it weather Arceus-Ghost Judgments on the switchin. I feel like Lum Berry Extreme Killer makes more sense than Life Orb on the team in this form since sleep fodder helps you versus Darkrai, which could be seen as a threat (particularly if it sets up a Nasty Plot on Yveltal or Groudon, both of which it can put to sleep). It also sets up in the face of things like Arceus-Rock (could be seen as a threat with the right playing), and is more durable than Life Orb. With priority from Rayquaza and Yveltal, I don't really feel like the power drop on Extreme Speed makes a significant difference in terms of revenge killing troublesome Pokemon, and it can be further justified when you consider the very real possibility of having at least Spikes and Toxic Spikes support to aid you in sweeping. Your current EV spread is fine to use on Lum Arceus, just don't run Overheat on it lol.

Nice team and good luck =]

I don't understand quite what you're trying to prove, your opponent was not a good player and you did some questionable things yourself (protip: Moonblast does more to Primal Groudon than Rock Slide, even in spite of Groudon resisting it n_N).
Holy crap I read this thing late, haven't been on forums for ages, but thanks for the rate! Sadly though Mega Ray is gone so I don't think it's worth improving anymore :(, but I'll answer some questions you had. Yeah, the importable is the set I used, V-Create was slashed for Espeed meaning if I want to run V-Create, Espeed is the one that will be replaced, and the same for Swords Dance slashed for DDance. Basically if I knew I was facing stall, the set I'd be using is DA, EQ, VC and SD, while the set in the importable is the set I'd use in general. I like the comment on an SD Variant with Espeed, I probably should've used that. Yveltal actually looks a like a solid option, and I like that you chose a black Pokemon. About Ghostceus, I honestly didn't realise it as a threat, but that's probably because I only used this team on the ever so skillful ladder and players used it wrong. One player let it die turn 3 just to Defog, lol. But yeah now that I think about it, it's a threat, and Yveltal fixes that. You're spot on about Lugia, Stealth Rock pressure as well as naturally hard hitters usually does the job, but with no rocks up it's a problem, and again Yveltal fixes that. I guess I'll be using this team on cartridge, lol. Good thing I got Pokemon Y and OR :D

Last edited:
Oh, and maybe change LO on E-killer to silk scarf to avoid dying quickly from recoil damage?
Thanks for the rate, I'm not a fan of Silk Scarf because I find it too weak, and yeah as Togevoir said, Life Orb is nice to hit Primal Groudon a lot harder. I don't really mind the recoil, the increase in power is like 99% of the time worth it, especially when it comes to revenge killing. That said, Mega Ray is gone, so none of this matters anymore. cri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)