ORAS-CV Test (Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign ups for the tournament will continue one more day as I am on my phone and do t really want to do a bracket on it. But, I will announce the CV Pokemon. When you team build, remember that at least one of these Pokemon must be on your team. Once your team is done, send me a smogon message with a paste bin of your team so I can verify it at the end if every match. I'm excited for this tournament and I hope all of you are as well.

The CV Pokemon are: Mega Altaria, Mega Diancie, Plasmanta, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Metagross. I took the three way tie for second.

Thank goodness
I want to join the CV tournament

I will forfeit if I'm up against gday :P (jk)
wow, none of the mons i think deserve to be up there are there.

Ok sign ups are closed. This is the bracket. http://challonge.com/CVTest_1
I'm glad we have a good turn out and I hope you all continue the CV test with this one last step. Remember, you must send me your team before you play your first battle. That means teams are due by 9am central standard time tomorrow. The first round of the CV test should be completed by 9am central tomorrow as well. The bracket will be updated, and then the next set of battles will be completed, etc.

Good luck everybody!

Edit: this is post 150 for me, I'm old now.

Oh, and when you finish a battle, don't post the link. Both players need to report the victor/loser but just have the winner pm me a link to the battle. All the battles will be available to watch after the CV test is over.

Last edited:
The Challonge has been updated and participants can start their round 2 battles. However, one round 1 battle has not been played yet, and it needs to be. If it is not played by 9pm central today, then I will advance the most recently active player because the tournament needs to progress.

Kingriolu Amitghosh

The Challonge has been updated. Everybody should be playing their round 2 matches now. Let's try to get a couple rounds knocked out this weekend.

If battles are not done for the next round by 9am central tomorrow, I'm going to advance the person who pms me first. This has drawn out too long and we still have 1.5 rounds left. We need to finish this so we can update our viability ranks. Let's go pls pls pls.

Congrats to QueenOfLuvdiscs for winning the CV Test Tour!!!

And the moment you have all been waiting for. The winner of the CV Test is: KhosroTheGreat

For winning this you get imaginary animus and happy points, and you can brag that you won this most prestigious and worthwhile event.

And, be sure to post all of your comments in the viability thread. This is the time when we can finish this up. The score tally for the CV test is below:

Khosro 11
QoL 10
Cbrevan 6
Sparky 5
Heal 5
Jiggly 4
DPM 2
Animus 1

Congratulation to Animus who got 1 point, he almost clutched it out.

Later I will post a link to all the battles, and if you want, you are free to post your team from the tour in this thread. If you don't want to give it up that's fine, its not mandatory and you will not be frowned upon if you don't want to reveal your sets. However, we encourage everyone who at least got into the semis to post their teams. And, I will post a reply with all the battles later in the day.

And with that, the CV Test is officially over.

Ok, I'll post my team
Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Rapid Spin

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch

Mollux @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
Not too proud of this team to be honest since I threw it together a few minutes before my first battle; that's why it looks like "standard CAP team+CV mon." Most of the sets were fairly standard as well. Tomohawk had a good deal of speed creep purely for other Tomohawk. Colossoil has Pursuit, which isn't used often, but I still find it to be effective. I didn't have Trick on Mollux, which I regretted later... someone please remind me that tbolt is bad. I wasn't entirely sure which four moves to put on Mega Metagross, so I opted for STABs / Ice Punch for Colo/Clohm / Bullet Punch for picking off weakened stuff. Mega Metagross proved to be pretty decent; being a physical attacker that doesn't auto-lose to Tomohawk is always nice.

And no, three move Sylveon isn't a typo; like I said I made this in a few minutes and had BP Tomo and BP Sylveon on the same team and was therefore breaking bp clause, so I just dropped the move and called it a day. Should've added Shadow Ball or Quick Attack or something, but whatever.

also, according to Queen, my team was REALLY similar to cbrevan's

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://pastebin.com/b2426Xxq
This is the team I used throughout the tour. I picked the worst mon, imo, out of the bunch but still triumphed, which I guess says something. The team was built with stall in mind as I love the stall play style and I don't think people would have seen that.

Bronzong is being used bcuz I wanted a mega fairy check, and cuz I'm real af

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
-eagerly awaits the release of all of the replays-

The replays will definitely be helpful for reviewing the performance of these mons.

My team was kinda fail:
Plasmanta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- King's Shield
- Super Fang

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Blastoise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Earthquake

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

I was utterly destroyed by spark, but I liked this team before the tour, so I might as well post it.
http://pastebin.com/p3HXba6W
It doesn't use my preferred VoltTurn, but I love M-Diancie and generally the pokemon in the team and usually enjoy playing with it.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the tour replays, and looking and talking about the new ORAS mons (+ old stuff like Pinsir and Scizor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)