Other ORAS Egg/Tutor Moves + General Theorymon Thead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here, let's discuss the different implications of the new moves old Pokemon are confirmed to receive. If you wanna talk about an unreleased mega, go here!

Also feel free to bring up some new moves I missed.

New Tutor/Egg Moves

Greninja

+ Gunk Shot, Low Kick

(Mega) Gyarados

+ Crunch

Diancie

+ Earth Power, Heal Bell

Diggersby

+ Knock Off, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Superpower

Hawlucha

+ Fire Punch, Thunder Punch

Chesnaught

+ Drain Punch, Thunder Punch

Gourgeist

+ Synthesis

Trevenant

+ Pain Split

Volcanion

+ Earth Power

Last edited:
Add this :

• Crunch Gyarados
  • Gunk Shot and Low Kick Greninja
  • Diggersby with Knock Off, Superpower, all elemental punches and Gunk Shot
  • Drain Punch and Thunder Punch Chesnaught
  • Spikey Shield Cacturne and Maractus
  • Mystical Fire Mismagius
  • Outrage and Superpower Tyrantrum
  • Hyper Voice, Earth Power and Stealth Rock Aurorus
  • Stealth Rock Barbaracle
  • Synthesis, Heal Bell and Giga Drain Florges
  • Synthesis Gourgeist
  • Pangoro with Drain Punch, Superpower, Gunk Shot and all elemental punches
  • Malamar with Knock Off
  • Vivillon with Giga Drain
  • Slurpuff with Drain Punch and Heal Bell
  • Meowstic with Heal Bell
  • Hawlucha with all elemental punches, Superpower and Drain Punch
  • Goodra with all elemental punches and Superpower
  • Trevenant with Pain Split (holy shit)
  • Diancie with Heal Bell and Earth Power
  • Volcanion with Superpower and Earth Power
+ Freakin' everything got Magic Coat now!!

Pretty sure Florges is getting synthesis
Hawlucha has all the elemental punches + Superpower and Drain Punch
Sharpedo gets Poison Fang via Level Up (I think)

Oops Greninja'd
Also EARTH POWER VOLCANON HYPE

Last edited:
Yeah Sharpedo got Poison Fang and apparently Chesnaught got a bunch of new moves which are;
Super Fang, Dual Chop, Iron Head, Low Kick, Iron Defense, Superpower, Zen Headbutt, Iron Tail, Focus Punch and Endeavor (every mon and their mother got Magic Coat and Endeavor now)

Edit; I'll prepare another list cause I'm finding out quite a few new things now

Did Pangoro seriously miss out on Knock Off? Really Game Freak? Fucking Diggersby got it but not Pangoro. Sigh.

Edit: SR Barbaracle and Spiky Shield Maractus are going to turn OU upside down. Just wait and see.

Did Pangoro seriously miss out on Knock Off? Really Game Freak? Fucking Diggersby got it but not Pangoro. Sigh.
Oops my bad! Pangoro actually gets Knock Off I just missed it! teehee

Also, Doublade (and Aegislashlol) gets Magnet Rise if anyone is interested.

Hawlucha isn't getting Ice Punch, just Fire and Thunder Punch.
And Pangoro actually got Knock Off on top of that now pretty big movepool.
Shiftry gets Hurricane which is pretty funny because one of its roles is sun abuser. It also gains Leaf Blade, but only via Nuzleaf, which makes it incompatible with Sucker Punch.

Also Yveltal will make ubers players crumble in fear with the strongest Knock Off in the whole game, even stronger than that of Crawdaunt, but that's a story for another tier.

And who can forget about the scary as fuck BOOMBURST FLYGON.
Who needs mega evolution when you have BOOMBURST.

Please tell me your joking when you said everything got Magic Coat, because if thats the case then R.I.P Stallbreakers
Despite all the powerful new megas, I think stall may actually have gotten better in ORAS...mega slowbro, mega audino, and mega altaria could all be really solid stall mons and the only things stopping mega mence and bro are stall staples like clefable and mega slowbro/audino.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 232 SAtk / 240 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump / Grass Knot / HP Fire

This will become the new go-to Greninja set. Attack EVs guarantee the OHKO on standard AV Azu (240 HP variant). Every other fairy is soundly 2HKOed, but getting a OHKO on Azu can allow you a second chance should you miss on the switch. 240 speed outspeeds Timid Sceptile pre Mega, while the rest go into SAtk to do what Ninja does best. Any of you who doubt Ninjas place in S rank seriously should reconsider once this set becomes usable. G_g offense.

40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 406-478 (101.2 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 359-424 (91.1 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 315-374 (79.9 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

rip fairies

Last edited:
Diancie getting Earth Power is great; one chink in D-girl's armour was the fact that it had little ability to do anything to steel-types switching in. Now it can strike (modest) fear into the hearts of players switching (non-Air Balloon) Heatran and Excadrill in.

I'm super hyped for Gyara getting a solid Dark-type STAB.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Despite all the powerful new megas, I think stall may actually have gotten better in ORAS...mega slowbro, mega audino, and mega altaria could all be really solid stall mons and the only things stopping mega mence and bro are stall staples like clefable and mega slowbro/audino.
I said stall breakers not stall, Stall looks great when ORAS comes out

Please tell me your joking when you said everything got Magic Coat, because if thats the case then R.I.P Stallbreakers
Nothing really notable gets use out of newly obtained Magic Coat except for Meowstic in VGC, Sylveon and Klefki. None of which you see in conventional stall anyways.

252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 228-268 (57.8 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Clefable's not stopping Mence.

lol nvm that, I looked at the list of things that had Magic Coat in XY and it looks pretty similair to the new one in ORAS so don't worry, not many poks got Magic Coat.

• Zygarde now gets Superpower, Iron Tail, Zen Headbutt and Pain Split
  • Ludicolo gets Knock Off
  • Milotic gets freakin' Coil now!

Not sure about those so don't quote me on them but apparently Crawdaunt gets Razor Shell, Hoopa will get Nasty Plot and the Latis twins will get Stored Power.

Edit: Ninja'd... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)