Persian @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

70 Atk with Return is too weak, I use Double-Edge so it can OHKO stuff. Persian is already extremely frail and needs all power it gets. It'll be dying faster anyway, and it NEEDS the extra power.

252 Atk Life Orb Persian Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Articuno: 172-203 (53.5 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Persian Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Articuno: 144-172 (44.8 - 53.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Persian Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Gabite: 161-191 (58.1 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Persian Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Gabite: 136-161 (49 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Assuming Fake out does 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Persian Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Gabite: 82-97 (29.6 - 35%) -- 86% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Persian Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ursaring: 214-253 (66.6 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage
252 Atk Life Orb Persian Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ursaring: 183-216 (57 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage
Assuming 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Persian Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ursaring: 109-129 (33.9 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage

Also Round > Swift

I think we can all agree on just quick ban since it's way too unhealthy for the meta and maybe Fraxure, since Fraxure is over centralizing

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the quick ban, it won't let my use ursaring now n_n

so this post isn't totally useless, has anybody found the ladder players to be absolutely ass recently? I just played a guy who said he wasn't on the ladder at all (what) then spammed smiley faces in chat every time he got any hax (which was a lot, I got demolished by a team that bad, but I've lost the last fourteen games straight up just to hax anyway x_x) and he was one of the more intelligent people I played. I've had a lot of trolls, spammers, and slaking users recently.

One person decided to try and pp stall when I had 5 mons left and they had 2, but besides that people on the ladder have been pretty nice in general, and apologetic if hax happens. Once I beat the current top of the ladder guy (for the bois or something) and he went on a rant about how all stall was cancer and I am cancer but lol, that's just fun.

On another note, I've got a weird nomination for ranking: Dustox. I was looking for another wincon on stall, as even though chimecho had a good chance at winning against almost every other mon that could be threatening in a last-mon position (like gogoat, arbok, clefairy etc), it wasn't really providing much defensive utility outside of that. I also noticed arbok wore my team down a little too much, so I wanted a wincon that could handle that too.
So, as a sort-of joke, I decided to try out a bulky QD Dustox and it's actually half-decent. Bug/Poison isn't exactly an ideal typing, but it's quite handy in that arbok can't do much to you without 2 boosts or so, and it does have some other handy resists like bug, grass and fairy, and acceptable bulk that lets it set up on a few things.
Another nice thing is Shield Dust, which leaves shit that relies on scald as complete setup bait- it also stops say, electabuzz coming in and spamming thunderbolth praying for para. Along with an inherent immunity to poison this makes it pretty resilient on the status side.
And finally it has access to whirlwind to completely kb opposing setup sweepers and help mid-game against arbok, or you could run dual-STABs. It's by no means amazing lol, but its good enough for like... C, or B- at a stretch.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Quickbanning Ursaring was a waste of time I was against (and still am) since there will be another suspect soon. Either should hold to all or ban everything altogether. Well, it was broken anyway (though so is Fraxure if not more) and I'm glad it's out so I don't mind. And the qb of ursaring made one of my best and favorite teams useless so I'm going to share it here.

Winnie the Pooh (Ursaring) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tigger (Electabuzz) @ Eviolite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Piglet (Grumpig) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Whirlwind

Rabbit (Wigglytuff) @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 192 Def / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Gopher (Quilladin) @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roar
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer

Owl (Noctowl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

The premise of this team's existence was an excuse to prove that Ursaring was broken given any set, and it was. This set is the most terrifying of all bear's set bar the Taunt+SD. This was also a Winnie the Pooh-based team to test more stuff I always wanted to try, like the most surprising Pokemon out of the bunch.

Let's start with Winnie the Pooh itself, Ursaring. like I said, I chose Bulk Up RestTalk because dat 90/75/75 is awesome for FU, so I wanted kinda a bulky set. SDef RestTalk with Quick Feet was going to be the one since I saw it on the ladder and, while underwhelming, I wanted to try it. Then Cartoon Network reminded me that the bear learns Bulk Up by the episode thanks to Paul's Ursaring. With Bulk Up raising Ursaring's Attack, and so Guts, I invested all I could in tanking special hits and oh boy, it walled more than I expected. Body Slam was chosen by Anty as I was originally using Return, so thanks Anty! The EVs was to outspeed 0 Spe Gogoat so I could spam Body Slams on it, and the rest invested in special bulk with a Careful nature.

The second member is Tigger itself, Electabuzz. Electabuzz is the only non-broken S-Rank and best multipurpose Pokemon on the tier and also good at wearing down physically defensive Pokemon like Vullaby, Quilladin and Gourgeist. Buzz also works as a great revenge killer to monkeys, Sawsbuck and other fast stuff. Now I use Eviolite cause it's its best all-purpose set but at first I used Life Orb. Signal Beam is the best filler for Buzz imo since it wears down Quilladin and is the best Electabuzz can do against Grumpig, while also catching dem Krokorok switch-ins.

No one likes Piglet (at least I don't, fuck that thing), but he is here as Grumpig. Grumpig is an excellent Pokemon in FU that is quite a bit low on rank, able to check important stuff like Articuno, Rapidash, Simisear, Glaceon and more. SDef Grumpig set here was kinda random but worked and formed a solid defensive core with Noctowl, with the ability to stop almost all special Pokemon in the tier. I use Signal Beam instead of Heal Bell to catch Ghost- and Dark-type switch-ins, which are common. I guess I could have used CM here though, but I don't regret picking the stallish choice.

Fourth Pokemon is Rabbit, here represented by Wigglytuff (only other rabbits in the tier are Bunnelby and lol Buneary). This team had no rocks so the set was an obvious pick. I hate defnsive as it's a worse Clefairy (especially as a SR setter) / Spritzee and I love offensive Tuff, being one of my two "reliable" answers to Fraxure. I alternate between Hyper Voice and Psychic cause the latter can catch Arbok and Seviper, the biggest fears this team had, although Hyper Voice did a ton against them anyway and both can be played around. EVs to outspeed Metang and max SpA to punch some holes if possible.

Thanks to Gary2346 for reminding me of Gopher, or else I'd use a humanshape as Christopher Robin or something else as Eeyore (sorry you aren't here, bud :L). Anyway, Quilladin has two functions on this team, tank physical hits and set up spikes to put pressure on opponent, even though I kinda dislike Spikes and Defog on the same team. Quilladin as the best physical wall in the tier does its job very well an forms a very hard-to-break defensive core with Noctowl and Grumpig, and preventsmy team from being swept by Sawsbuck, Gogoat and co. 16 Spe is to outspeed 0 spe Wartortle and nail it with Wood Hammer.

The final member is the one that surprised me the most, Noctowl playing Owl. I love and hate Noctowl. I love it because it's damn bulky and hate it because I hate bulky Pokemon. It's so stupidly bulky, being only 3HKOed AT BEST by Electabuzz's Volt Switch. It can reliably Defog against any special attacker, and if any of those try to set up, Noctowl can phaze them away, working wonderfully with Quilladin's Spikes support. I picked Air Slash over whatever else it has (Hyper Voice?) because Gourgeist stops Ursaring and so do a lot of Ghosts, which with exception of Frillish Noctowl can reliably beat or put pressure on. Air Slash is also useful against Quilladin and random Fighting-types people still use due the Machoke abstinence

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow Cheese the reason I prefer Round is because it bypasses Substitute. And Double-Edge is legal with Technician because a 3rd Gen Limber Meowth knowing it can evolve into a Technician Persian, kinda like how Softboiled Clefairy/Fable is legal with Magic Guard.

Megazard Z I don't know if it explains but FU is kinda popular with brazilian youtubers, and a lot of brazilian people play it. Not judging any (especially my own lol) nationality as bad people come from every corner of Earth but a lot of Brazilians I faced/watched are kinda subpar. Also there is lord bt and his followers.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I kinda expected farfetch'd after the BT lives, but havent seen one yet

After getting beaten by some guy on the ladder that was using Huntail, I decided to try him out. Can someone please tell me why he's not banned? Here's the set I use

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

55/105/75 defenses is sick by FU standards so I usually send this guy in first, Shell Smash, kill whatever I can, and then baton pass when a counter from him comes in. It's as simple as that

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After getting beaten by some guy on the ladder that was using Huntail, I decided to try him out. Can someone please tell me why he's not banned? Here's the set I use

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

55/105/75 defenses is sick by FU standards so I usually send this guy in first, Shell Smash, kill whatever I can, and then baton pass when a counter from him comes in. It's as simple as that
If you're finding it very easy to SS and kill a bunch of shit from turn 1, then your opponents are bad lol. Huntail is one of the most dangerous sweepers in the tier, so if a bunch of teams are so unprepared for it, then obviously their ignorance is to blame, not the Pokemon. There's plenty of shit that can handle Huntail in the tier, and because of its slow Speed and mediocre special bulk it's not like it gets a ton of opportunities to set up. Electabuzz is extremely common as we all know, and although in my opinion I think Scarf E-Buzz is mediocre as fuck, it's still a pretty common set which can outspeed and OHKO Huntail even after a boost. There's also really bulky shit like Gogoat, Wartortle, Lapras, Articuno, Grumpig, and Regigigas that can live a hit and threaten to cripple or hurt it back. There's also shit like Persian that can hit it very hard with priority, as well as Prankster T-wave users such as Murkrow and Meowstic-M. If it runs Baton Pass, then it has to give up Sucker Punch, which is very valuable in order to hit opposing priority users as well as Scarf Buzz and Salac Swoobat. SmashPassing to teammates is definitely a very dangerous strategy that Huntail can use to get out of certain situations, but it's by no means broken at all. There are plenty of ways to deal with Huntail before and after it gets up a boost.

Also that set is really standard buddy :/ In fact I'd say Waterfall isn't even that great at the moment considering that so much of the tier is physically defensive and takes so much more from Surf. The only reason I'd ever use mixed is if I'm using Sucker Punch as well.

If you're finding it very easy to SS and kill a bunch of shit from turn 1, then your opponents are bad lol. Huntail is one of the most dangerous sweepers in the tier, so if a bunch of teams are so unprepared for it, then obviously their ignorance is to blame, not the Pokemon. There's plenty of shit that can handle Huntail in the tier, and because of its slow Speed and mediocre special bulk it's not like it gets a ton of opportunities to set up. Electabuzz is extremely common as we all know, and although in my opinion I think Scarf E-Buzz is mediocre as fuck, it's still a pretty common set which can outspeed and OHKO Huntail even after a boost. There's also really bulky shit like Gogoat, Wartortle, Lapras, Articuno, Grumpig, and Regigigas that can live a hit and threaten to cripple or hurt it back. There's also shit like Persian that can hit it very hard with priority, as well as Prankster T-wave users such as Murkrow and Meowstic-M. If it runs Baton Pass, then it has to give up Sucker Punch, which is very valuable in order to hit opposing priority users as well as Scarf Buzz and Salac Swoobat. SmashPassing to teammates is definitely a very dangerous strategy that Huntail can use to get out of certain situations, but it's by no means broken at all. There are plenty of ways to deal with Huntail before and after it gets up a boost.

Also that set is really standard buddy :/ In fact I'd say Waterfall isn't even that great at the moment considering that so much of the tier is physically defensive and takes so much more from Surf. The only reason I'd ever use mixed is if I'm using Sucker Punch as well.
I killed 3 of Voltbeatdown (number 4 on the ladder's) pokemon using huntail alone. He switched in his Servine, and I killed him with ice beam, so if that sets standard, #4 on the ladder should have been expecting it

I killed 3 of Voltbeatdown (number 4 on the ladder's) pokemon using huntail alone. He switched in his Servine, and I killed him with ice beam, so if that sets standard, #4 on the ladder should have been expecting it
Not saying that Volbeatdown is bad by any means but first and foremost:
-ranking means little when the top of the ladder is only in the 1400/1500s
-Everybody does mistakes
-Huntail usually has good ground against offensive teams thanks to their fraility.

Also, If you're going to talk about a replay, You usually post that replay. If not, can ~Volbeatdown~ confirm what you just said and mabye justify it?

Also: You asked why it was not banned, and Gary gave you the reason so both our posts are kinda useless lol

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Updates to the ranking thread.

Rampardos is being bumped up to A. Much like Murkrow, Rampardos is one of those Pokemon that absolutely no one is using for some reason, despite it being an extremely dangerous Pokemon. The only sets I've even seen people use is CB, which in my opinion is by far its worst set. It's slow as fuck and outside of spamming Head Smash, it's very susceptible to being revenge killed and because it can't switch up moves it can't reliable take on Lairon or Metang. However, its Choice Scarf, LO Rock Polish, and offensive SR set are very good sets, especially the first two. Scarf remedies its piss poor Speed stat and allows it to basically outspeed the entire unboosted metagame bar Persian and Ninjask, although unless the former carries Water Pulse neither of them can OHKO it. It's an insanely good cleaner because once everything is weakened it can basically just spam Head Smash and win. Rock Slide is also stronger than Stone Edge thanks to Sheer Force, and much more accurate too, allowing it to safely revenge kill or clean up without having to worry about missing as much. Rampardos also has a colorful special movepool with a usable SpA stat so it can use moves such as Ice Beam, T-Bolt or Fire Blast in order to hit its common switch-ins very hard. It's just a very solid Pokemon at the moment and is a very underrated threat that no one seems to prepare for.

Persian and Grumpig are also getting a bump, but to A-. Persian in general is just extremely useful at the moment. It's fast as fuck and basically shit all over offensive teams because of its powerful priority and strong Double-Edge. It also packs good utility with Knock Off/Taunt and momentum with U-turn. Lastly, its very underrated special set is a really cool lure to its common checks and counters such as Lairon, Gourgeist, Gabite, Gigalith, Metang, and Rampardos. Despite its low SpA stat, Nasty Plot remedies that quite nicely and allows it to clean up weakened teams pretty damn easily, especially when paired with Spikes.

Grumpig is starting to become more and more common, and for good reason. It's a fantastic check to many top tier threats such as Rapidash, Simisear, Articuno, Arbok, Seviper, and Simipour. It's combination of solid special bulk, great movepool, decent power, and usable Speed keeps it from ever being a liability, as it fits very well on bulky offense and balance teams. It Thick Fat ability allows it to set up in the face of Fire and Ice-types which is really neat, and it can spread paralysis very easily. Whether you're using defensive, ChestoResto CM, or offensve CM, Grumpig will not disappoint.

Also I added Butterfree to B+ and Octillery to B-. Butterfree has recently been tested by members of the council and we've all come to the conclusion that it is by far the best Quiver Dancer in the tier. It's pretty strong with 90 base SpA, and thanks to Tinted Lens it basically has zero true counters. It also has a usable Speed stat of 70, allowing it to put stuff like Fraxure, Rampardos, Adamant Arbok, Seviper, Zweilous, Huntail, and Adamant Luxray to sleep, as well as a slew of defensive Pokemon. It lacks a good Flying-type STAB outside of Air Cutter, but in all honesty Bug Buzz is really all it needs. It can run other stuff such as Substitute, Giga Drain, Roost, or Protect to protect itself from Persian's Fake Out. Sash is a terror for offense while Lum Berry and LO have a great matchup against balance. Octillery is very much like Seviper, but with much more coverage. However, it's extremely slow and not very bulky either, so it isn't very durable. With Trick Room support however it is a massive threat that can basically run through any offensive team with ease, to a point where it's almost laughable. It's very unpredictable, and hits hard as fuck, so even though it's kind of niche, it's so good with support that it's well worth the opportunity cost at times.

yeah um i didnt know SS + Surf + Ice beam was standard tbh, i was expecting SS/BP/Surf/Sub for some reason lmao. not to mention i choked away two things that both couldve lived the hits. And ladder means very very little, due to it being extremely easy to ladder up in a matter of hours lol. Not to mention my good team is fairly weak to Huntail as i use a suicide lead, so if Huntail leads, I can't do too much but hope to revenge it. I wouldn't say I'm bad just because I let it it set up, I honestly wasn't expecting a setup sweeper turn 1. I just don't see Huntail often enough to know what it's best set is at the moment :p.

Don Honchkrorleone

Three seemingly pointless nominations but everything viable deserves a rank.

I'm being serious. This is not a LC core. These three little pokemon have a very small niche that is worth only on specialized teams. Cottonee is here because of three moves: Stun Spore,Encore and Memento. Coupled with Prankster and a very interesting defensive typing, Cottonee can prepare the field nicely for Huntai / Fraxure / Linoone / Rampardos / MAGCARGO to set-up and sweep easily. Dagut works kinda like Cottonee on the Memento department, but its tiny niche is Arena Trap, being able to select on what the sweeper can set-up after Dagut Memento. The third Pokemon on the batch is Magnemite. Magnet Pull is an useful ability to teams that hate Steel-types, and Magnemite if well played can remove them. It's not that much of a pushover either since it has a solid 95 SpA and is a nice counter to HP Ground-less Articuno and one of a very few Murkrow counters around, I think they fit the description of D rank very well (maybe even C as they're MUCH more useful than Slaking):

EDIT: Well Cotton and Dagut (AND NATU THE TERROR OF STALL I LOVE IT) got ranked so to not make this post useless I'll post two fun sets:

Onix @ Normal Gem / Eviolite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Roar / Rock Tomb / Bulldoze
- Explosion

Anti-lead Onix is awesome against those dumb white kids that lead with whichever is their hazard control mean, because people are stupid and always lead with them, and that is why this Onix is awesome with spikes Pokemon. SR and Taunt are obvious, Roar is for things it can't beat (ghosts) and Rock Tomb / Bulldoze screws Fraxure and alike. BOOM may not kill whatever is supposed to, hence why Evio is slashed with Normal Gem, but just like Accelgor in RU/NU it prevents spin/Defog on that turn, allowing the right counter to the opposite Spinner/Defogger to put pressure. I think Onix deserves a C/D rank and I'm not putting here cause I forgot. This set is excellent for offense, though.

Electabuzz @ Life Orb
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

two things can explain this set:

180 Atk Life Orb Electabuzz Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Gabite: 281-333 (101.4 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
76 SpA Life Orb Electabuzz Hidden Power Grass vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Whiscash: 312-369 (86.4 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

This set is a lure, and a very effective one cause a lot of t. The calcs speak for themselves. If wanting to use this set, it's NOT your average Eviolite / LO Buzz. This is just a lure. Use on teams that appreciate Whiscash/Gabite/Vibrava/Marshtomp dead, so pair with Arbok, Metang, etc.

EDIT2: I beat a top 10 on ladder with Golett. Don't use Golett.

Last edited:
First of all I'd like to say thank you to Gary2346 and the pals for letting me get into the FU council! :D

Electabuzz @ Life Orb
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
you Just had to post that gay set did you? :[

SO I did post about CB linoone A big earlier, and after some major testing I would like to elaborate on it a bit more.

Stripes (Linoone) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pickup
Adamant Nature
- Switcheroo
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Gunk Shot

With this set up, Linoone can work not only as a good cleaner for Offensive teams, but it can also do some simple wallbreaking and actually fuck over quite a few eviolite mons.
Switcheroo is amazing, People think sending in Quilladin or Vullaby is a good idea? let them think twice as They are shit without eviolite. It can also be nice if you get knocked of and actually want an item for yourself. Extreme Speed is the main reason why CB linoone works, as it can with minor support KO many offensive pokemon with it. Notable examples being Electabuzz, the Monkeys, Sawsbuck, and LO murkrow. especially cool is the fact that Extreme speed outpriorites every other priority so pokemon who rely on Priority like Krow, Raticate and Mightyena gets fucked pretty easily. Seed bomb should be obvious. 2HKOing spdef Prinplub and spdef Wartortle is pretty solid, You also boop Marshtomp, Whiscash and Lapras (all are crimminally underused atm). Gunk shot is a move i did not know that Linoone got, and since shadow claw does jack shit too Geist-L anyways, I found no reason to not use Gunk shot instead. it 2HKOs all the faires in the tier, nomatter what set they use and can 2HKO geist-S after SR. but its most impressive use is that it 2HKOS Def Quilladin after SR. a mon which if not would hardwall the living shit out of linoone.
Linoone does still have problems with Steel types. Metang is not even 3HKOed by CB Shadow claw and lairon laughs at you. Wormadan-trash gets fucked by switcheroo but still in only 5HKOed by E-speed. Big thing one might be questioning is: ''why are you using Adamant when Linoone has an awesome speed tier when running Jolly?'' This is pretty simple, as Linoone is WEAK AS SHIT without Adamant, and 90% of the time you will be spamming E-speed anyways. But do you know what the best thing about this set is? everybody thinks its BD and switches into super obvious things like Lairon only to get outpredicted

I know that Gary thinks its trash but its not m8 :]

Here is a wall of calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Electabuzz: 226-267 (83.3 - 98.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Simipour: 210-247 (72.1 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sawsbuck: 192-226 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 249-294 (95 - 112.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raticate: 216-255 (86 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Murkrow: 282-333 (108 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Persian: 216-255 (79.7 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Swoobat: 231-273 (83.6 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninjask: 268-316 (101.9 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Frogadier: 241-285 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Prinplup: 176-208 (53.1 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Wartortle: 154-182 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Marshtomp: 232-276 (67.4 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Whiscash: 496-588 (122.7 - 145.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solrock: 154-182 (44.7 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gigalith: 154-182 (41.1 - 48.6%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Clefairy: 212-250 (61.6 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wigglytuff: 328-386 (67.7 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 282-334 (78.3 - 92.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Quilladin: 144-170 (44.1 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Linoone Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gourgeist-Small: 121-143 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Another pretty funny Lure I've been running is:

Hot fuzz (Rapidash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Wild Charge

Outside of the usual BlitzCharge coverage, I gave up on Hitting Gigalith/Lairon for being able to boop Gabite and Fraxure, two pokemon who thinks Dash is a free setup oppertunity
44 SpA Life Orb Rapidash Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Fraxure: 117-138 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
44 SpA Life Orb Rapidash Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gabite: 213-255 (76.8 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Add Magnemite to at least C-rank. Can offer support for Dragon/Ice spam by removing Steels like Metang Lairon and Klang. Has good 95 base spatk(same as Electabuzz) and the combination of Eviolite and good typing help it defensively.

Actually after some testing I've come to the conclusiong that Mangemite cannot clear Steels so effectivly as I thought, as spdef Metang takes 40% max from specs T-bolt (stronger than HP ground) and OHKOs back with EQ (which is pretty common and not as trash as you might think)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnemite Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Metang: 109-129 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Hell, its not even a garantied 2HKO on Psysical defensive versions without rocks up (although almost)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnemite Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Metang: 157-186 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

And while Lairon is a better steel, Metang is still the most used one. And since Mangemite cannot break it Idk if it is worth C-rank or even a rank at all. Diglett is in a simular boat, as it cannot 2HKO any of then without CB and dies to any attack from uninvested Klang/Metang. I do however agree with cotton as it is super gay with prankster stun spore and momento. Also ''checking'' Aqua tail or Low Kick fraxure is pretty cool

look at there wonderful calcs lol
32 SpA Cottonee Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Fraxure: 120-144 (43.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252 Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Low Kick (20 BP) vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Eviolite Cottonee: 28-33 (9.8 - 11.6%) -- possible 9HKO
+6 252 Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Eviolite Cottonee: 123-145 (43.3 - 51%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

EDIT: Diglett is not used for clearing but I can agree on D for Arena Trap memento

Don Honchkrorleone

Actually after some testing I've come to the conclusiong that Mangemite cannot clear Steels so effectivly as I thought, as spdef Metang takes 40% max from specs T-bolt (stronger than HP ground) and OHKOs back with EQ (which is pretty common and not as trash as you might think)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnemite Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Metang: 109-129 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Hell, its not even a garantied 2HKO on Psysical defensive versions without rocks up (although almost)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnemite Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Metang: 157-186 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

And while Lairon is a better steel, Metang is still the most used one. And since Mangemite cannot break it Idk if it is worth C-rank or even a rank at all. Diglett is in a simular boat, as it cannot 2HKO any of then without CB and dies to any attack from uninvested Klang/Metang. I do however agree with cotton as it is super gay with prankster stun spore and momento. Also ''checking'' Aqua tail or Low Kick fraxure is pretty cool

32 SpA Cottonee Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Fraxure: 120-144 (43.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252 Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Low Kick (20 BP) vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Eviolite Cottonee: 28-33 (9.8 - 11.6%) -- possible 9HKO
+6 252 Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Eviolite Cottonee: 123-145 (43.3 - 51%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

EDIT: Diglett is not used for clearing but I can agree on D for Arena Trap memento

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 184 SpD or SpA idc / 72 Spe
Calm/Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

No Steel bar CB Superpower Lairon can beat its set lol. It's not an instant removal, but gradual wearing down. If Metang is RestTalk, then he opponent must suck and therefore there will be no problem with it at all. It also is like 5HKOed by LO Articuno at best unless it runs HP Ground, which no one do, and also any variant of Murkrow. Tagging Kushalos because he uses a different spread but still for the same purpose. This enough make Magnemite deserve a C rank on teams that appreciate Steel-types gone.

And Cottonee doesn't learn Moonblast lol

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion

I guess i forgot to mention how to use it sorry for that, specs Magnemite is shit, you need Magnet Rise to beat the steels.

Magnemite @ Eviolite
EVs: 32 HP / 16 Def / 228 SpA / 16 SpD / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise

You can use Toxic to cripple grounds electrics and grass types like Gogoat, or Volt Switch to get out of unfavorable situations. Speed is for Gogoat with no investment and max speed base 45s.

Also your Fraxure vs Cottonee calcs dont make sense since Fraxure doesnt run those moves(at least it shouldnt but i know how the ladder players use it zzz), it runs Poison Jab to hit Clefairy and Spritzee etc.

Magnemite @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 184 SpD or SpA idc / 72 Spe
Calm/Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

No Steel bar CB Superpower Lairon can beat its set lol. It's not an instant removal, but gradual wearing down. If Metang is RestTalk, then he opponent must suck and therefore there will be no problem with it at all. It also is like 5HKOed by LO Articuno at best unless it runs HP Ground, which no one do, and also any variant of Murkrow. Tagging Kushalos because he uses a different spread but still for the same purpose. This enough make Magnemite deserve a C rank on teams that appreciate Steel-types gone.

And Cottonee doesn't learn Moonblast lol
Thanks for giving the set AFTER you talked about it :[
Also cry for Cottonee (uninvested Gleam 3HKOs atleast)

Also your Fraxure vs Cottonee calcs dont make sense since Fraxure doesnt run those moves(at least it shouldnt but i know how the ladder players use it zzz), it runs Poison Jab to hit Clefairy and Spritzee etc.
I know that Iron tail+ taunt in the best set but 90% of the guys I face use Low kick/superpower/ and Aqua tail ._.

If We are going to talk about LC mons with a niche (and I mean niche, not sash+Flail magikarp) What about Mienfoo?

Mienfoo has a few things going for it in FU. First of all, Its a Fighting type, which is a pretty good offensive typing in FU, having only a handfull of resists and only 3 total usable Ghost types (all geist forms are one) and many very good things in the tier are weak to fighing (lairon, Gigalith, Persian, Mighyena osv) And with a scarf it outspeeds everything in the tier bar Ninjask, which is not impressive but good enough.

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Filler

Believe it or not but Recklees High jump kick hits insanely hard (2HKOs Goat, fraxure and a bunch of Bulky offenisve mons) but it truly shines against HO, as it OHKOs a massive bunch of threaths. All from LO buzz, the monkeys, everything weak to it (obv) and bunch of other fast things. Knock off lets you actually hit Geist and U-turn is for momentum. its not a massive niche but I think it is enough to justify it for atleast D-rank (better than Slaking atleast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)