ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got to pick a gen II starter after beating the game. I've heard other people say you can a gent a IV or V starter. Anyone know what that's about?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
So I got to pick a gen II starter after beating the game. I've heard other people say you can a gent a IV or V starter. Anyone know what that's about?
I believe with each run through of the Elite 4 you get to select a starter from those generations. 1st: Gen II, 2nd: Gen V, 3rd, Gen IV.

Anyone know the highest prize money trainers that you can rematch? I know that the best is the Gentleman near Lilycove and I think that the second is probably the Rich Boy by Petalburg Woods. If you're using a Prize Money O-power then you should have time to fight at least one more trainer before your 3 minutes are up.

I was having a problem getting subsequent legendary beasts to spawn, but when I eon fluted away from the trackless forest and returned right to it, they spawned just fine. Previously I would fly out of there, so maybe that glitches the respawn?

What do you think of these? Suicune has HP ice and got my perfect Raikou spread :(

Suicune: bold 28/1/30/31/31/31
Entei: adamant 31/30/31/31/31/29
Raikou: timid HP ice 31/x/30/31/15/31

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Also, the Dex Nav is so good that I immediately start worrying that GameFreak will leave it out of future games. They have had an ugly tendency to feature excellent concepts in each new game, only to completely forget about it in the next. Portable berry pots and toggle-able Running Shoes in HGSS, Secret Bases in RSE (made a weak return in D/P and was left out of B/W and X/Y completely), the Vs. Seeker in D/P, Dynamic background music in B/W/B2/W2, unique Gym music in BW2, and so on. For every good thing they introduce, they keep taking away something too. I really hope the DexNav will be a mainstay of Pokémon games in the future, but I don't keep my hopes up.
Hoping they just combine it into the Pokedex. As of right now the Pokedex only is a Pokemon listing. Sure it can be used for some helpful stuff like finding where a certain Pokemon is (especially a roaming Legendary), but overall I don't find myself going into the Pokedex very often. I think combining the DexNav into the Pokedex will make the Pokedex more useful as well as keep one of the best introduced features. Who know's maybe combining the two will bring out more functions...

Does Syncronize not work when SRing for Groudon? I've tried over a dozen times now and not once has it had the nature I would expect it to.
Yeah, I noticed that while catching some other Pokemon too. It only worked when the Pokemon was actively out battling (thus first in the party). So yeah, it might be more difficult to get a certain nature with Synchronize if the Pokemon can't take a hit (meaning the Modest, Jolly, Timid, and Adamant Ralts I captured might be useless and I just wasted a few hours).

Don't know if anyone has posted about this/discover this, this is life changing:

Great to see it, though could we make it default from the start? For this game I guess its fine since it's introducing the idea, but still next game there's no excuse.

Of course I'm so used to how it was that I keep scrolling down...

I don't know if this was talked about yet, but can we check the natures of the gift Camerupt and Sharpedo. I find it extremely strange that I would get an Adamant Sharpedo and Quiet Camerupt, the best natures for them. Did anyone else get this, cause then we might see a locked nature?
In that case it's not random as those are the same natures I got. Whatever, saves us the hassle. ;)

Yeah that's what I thought. I watched that part in shofu's playthrough again to doublecheck, and she doesn't mention anything about a daughter.

Another question. Did she come across as someone who wanted to die via indirect means (i.e. Rayquaza gets her killed somehow)?
As Mario With Lasers said, the only time she mentioned "daughter" was referring how she felt as proud of Aster as a mother of a daughter. Don't know how old Zinnia is but I think she's too young to have a daughter, I think she's only suppose to be a few years older compared to the player.

It was mentioned that Draconians to believe in necessary sacrifice. I was confused why she thought summoning Rayquaza would kill her though, then again being we had to go with Rayquaza into space (guess Mega Evolution is short range) maybe she thought he would have to go with Rayquaza into space, though she doesn't have a spacesuit so she would have died (though wouldn't be deactivate the Mega Evolution since the bond is suppose to be on between trainer and Pokemon and there can't really be a bond if one of the bond members is dead). But yeah, I do wish they kind of explained who Aster was, maybe it'll explain some of her actions. I would say mother but that seem a bit too predictable, so maybe sister? I'm assuming whoever Aster is that they're female, her Whismur specifically was mentioned to be female. Also curious if whoever Aster is how they died. Was it too a necessary sacrifice, and for what?

My Game Stuff:
So I've pretty much just been going around and filling out my DexNav, Pokedex, and getting the gift/interactable Pokemon. Haven't gone for any of the Legendaries yet, maybe tomorrow. Actually thinking about first re-challenging the Elite Four so everything is reset.

And I did a terrible thing... I helped create Mr. Bonding...

That said there's still somethings in Mauville Hills I have no idea what their purpose is for yet. Like the Composer, his fan, the guy who watches the hall, the shut-in, the ice cream kid (has anyone brought her a Vanillite?), the offices (why is there two?), and the vacant house (will there be sort of another Villa thing?). There still seems like a lot of mysteries still left in the game yet no one has figured the out, if they can be figured out. Like with Looker (has anyone brought his a Croagunk?).

So umm...we can still post here for now right?

You know, about that whole walling P-Groudon with an Air Balloon-holding Houndoom a lot earlier in this thread, I was thinking a Ninetales holding the same item would work better. Just give it Rest and Imprison, and P-Groudon won't be able to heal. Granted, that creates the problem of it not being able to sleep itself, but 50 Timer Balls should be more than sufficient for that. :x

the ice cream kid (has anyone brought her a Vanillite?)
She'll give you a Castelia Cone once a day if you show her a Regice.

Since people are also asking here,

Copy & Paste Results
Latios - #381 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 10 - 13
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 24 - 26
Speed: 30 - 31

Keep or toss?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I made that edit a little late, so you are excused. However, I will delete the post once it is answered (just send me a PM when you've got the answer), so as not to make any presedence for posting such questions in that thread.

I made that edit a little late, so you are excused. However, I will delete the post once it is answered (just send me a PM when you've got the answer), so as not to make any presedence for posting such questions in that thread.
I posted at the right place now, don't worry, you can delete it. Thanks for the orientation and sorry I posted in the wrong place.

From what I've managed to gather, here's some Shiny information from around the internet. Take it all with some packets of salt.

99.9% Confirmed Shiny Lock: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza (Logic being all have in depth cutscenes, and also that there was a post on Reddit where a user caught a normal Kyogre, but the dex entry appeared Shiny)

99% Confirmed Shiny Lock: Deoxys (the logic here is there's not cutscene in the rebattle)

Unsure of Shiny Lock: Weather Genie Trio (No pictures that I've seen of any of them being shiny.

Very Likely not Locked: Regigigas (http://i.imgur.com/r4t62BG.jpg)

99.9% Shiny Available: Everything else that's soft resettable (Including Spiritomb)

Going to SR for a 6IV Hasty Deoxys, will let you know if I encounter a shiny.

If anyone has faced both lisia and wallace in the same contest (probably beauty master rank tbh) you will see a cutscene afterwards which explains Lisia's green hair and craziness...I don't know if it happens at whatever time you first face off against wallace or something, but it is interesting nonetheless

Well with all the games out, this thread going to be locked very soon and I might just miss it a bit. We had some laughs, we had some really pointless arguments, but overall it was a clean board with a bunch of people dedicated to something they enjoy.

Until next time.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
From what I've managed to gather, here's some Shiny information from around the internet. Take it all with some packets of salt.

99.9% Confirmed Shiny Lock: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza (Logic being all have in depth cutscenes, and also that there was a post on Reddit where a user caught a normal Kyogre, but the dex entry appeared Shiny)

99% Confirmed Shiny Lock: Deoxys (the logic here is there's not cutscene in the rebattle)

Unsure of Shiny Lock: Weather Genie Trio (No pictures that I've seen of any of them being shiny.

Very Likely not Locked: Regigigas (http://i.imgur.com/r4t62BG.jpg)

99.9% Shiny Available: Everything else that's soft resettable (Including Spiritomb)

Going to SR for a 6IV Hasty Deoxys, will let you know if I encounter a shiny.
You don't want Hasty, go for Naive, Jolly, or Rash.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
With ORAS finally released worldwide, I think it's time to retire this thread. The ORAS Experiences thread will take over the general discussion from now on. Questions go in the SQSA thread, discussion on contests goes in the Contest thread, discussion on the Maison goes in the Maison thread, discussion on in-game tiers goes in the in-game tiers thread, and it's up to you to find out where to discuss Secret Bases.

It's been a fun pre-release period, with many good guesses and interesting perspectives as to what ORAS would turn out like. We had many great discussions in here, and I'm certainly looking forward to the next pre-release period. As Orange Islands only concerns confirmed, announced and released games, we have no place to theorize about that on the forums, but the topic is allowed to be brought up on our IRC channel.

Until next time!

- CRoll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)