ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get access to the Battle Resort after completing the Delta Episode, which is after the Elite 4.

Catch rate for Rayquaza is 100%, obviously since Rayquaza is a big part of it all. Just go with a ball that looks good on Ray-Ray. ^^
Catch rate is not 100%. I chucked a Luxury Ball on turn 1 and it did not capture successfully.

So I'm SR'ing for CosplayChu right now. I got one that's Naive nature with 31/28-31/30-31/27-31/?/31 in stats. Should I keep it? Kinda wanted the 31 in both attacks and speed.

On a side note, does the game seem like it has limited pokemon options in the beginning or is it just me? Seems like generally the same pokemon availability as the originals and I was kinda hoping otherwise. Bummer :(

Sheer cold is 100% accuracy because I used it once and it hit = your logic
Yeah, you are right. I was pretty dumb with that sorry attempt on that assumption. I'll make sure to make sound, accurate judgments next time. Go on and take more shots at that blunder if you wish. I kinda deserved it. XD

After getting the monument for 50 wins in Double Battles in the Maison, when you leave the main area to go to the counters and stuff, you unlock a small cutscene with Wally and some weird guy that basically goes like this:

Wally: Wow, this monument is for you, you really are the best!
Weird Guy: Is that what you think? There are trainers who have win streaks of over 100 or 200 in the Maison. We have to keep working until the records are broken.
(Weird Guy exits)
Wally: Well, I'm going to go train more.

Not sure if the other trophies unlock any cutscenes, I took a break from Singles b/c of hax, I will be going for all 5 trophies tho
I can confirm that nothing happens after 100 wins because I watched someone do it on a stream today. Hopefully something at 200 so the cutscene wasn't a complete waste.

The continuous egg hatching path has been found for ORAS--and it's where the daycare and IV checker are too, to boot.

EDIT: Pulling this off of Reddit and Serebii, but we finally learn the backstory of Mr. Bonding in ORAS, and it's... original...

TL;DR Five middle-aged dude with neon hair gang up and surround an average guy, fusing together with him to create Mr. Bonding.
That's awful, who would pick a path that has quicksand? Think of all the extra seconds wasted...!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Has there been any changes to breeding in ORAS?
Can't get my Gardevoir to fuck anything that resembles a human, so no positive changes that I'm aware of.

In all seriousness so this isn't just a joke, I don't believe there are any changes to breeding since the miners would have informed us.

You get access to the Battle Resort after completing the Delta Episode, which is after the Elite 4.

Catch rate for Rayquaza is 100%, obviously since Rayquaza is a big part of it all. Just go with a ball that looks good on Ray-Ray. ^^
Catch rate isn't 100%.

He almost swept my whole team, I fainted him because he wouldn't get in the ball. Then when he came back I just used a Master Ball.

w/e

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I kept getting wrecked by Primal Groudon, so I devised the ultimate strategy for catching it:
  1. Spam Flash with Raichu
  2. Spam Flash with Kecleon
  3. Fling Light Ball with Gallade for paralysis
  4. Go to Skarmory and hope it doesn't Rest
  5. Taunt with Skarmory
  6. Spam Double Team with Skarmory to avoid Lava Plume
  7. Use Drill Peck to weaken Groudon
  8. Pray it doesn't crit
  9. Alternate throwing Luxury Balls (catch rate of regular Poke Balls) and using Taunt
  10. ???
  11. Profit
Eventually it worked, but it was hell...

EDIT: No synch, but ended up with Naughty (31/31/17/11/19/31) on first try. Definitely not bothering any more with it. lol

I kept getting wrecked by Primal Groudon, so I devised the ultimate strategy for catching it:
  1. Spam Flash with Raichu
  2. Spam Flash with Kecleon
  3. Fling Light Ball with Gallade for paralysis
  4. Go to Skarmory and hope it doesn't Rest
  5. Taunt with Skarmory
  6. Spam Double Team with Skarmory to avoid Lava Plume
  7. Use Drill Peck to weaken Groudon
  8. Pray it doesn't crit
  9. Alternate throwing Luxury Balls (catch rate of regular Poke Balls) and using Taunt
  10. ???
  11. Profit
Eventually it worked, but it was hell...
You have to hand it to Gamefreak. Gen VI has the easiest leveling curve yet thanks to the Exp. Share, the most lenient rules regarding legendaries thanks to their respawn, and even small added bonuses like the chance of critical capture, yet the Primals are probably some of the hardest legendaries to capture so far.

You have to hand it to Gamefreak. Gen VI has the easiest leveling curve yet thanks to the Exp. Share, the most lenient rules regarding legendaries thanks to their respawn, and even small added bonuses like the chance of critical capture, yet the Primals are probably some of the hardest legendaries to capture so far.
Along with the mention of aal the newwww things they have added iv'e come to notice through all my battle in AS that the Critical hit ratio chance has increased more than usual if im not wrong?....If so i love thay aspect js xD, Overall with all thse new features, including the trainer hordes i can't help but be very mad that they got rid of the previous way of poke'block blending AND OH MY GOSH, WHY DID THEY GET RID OF THE LOTTERY CORNER

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Along with the mention of aal the newwww things they have added iv'e come to notice through all my battle in AS that the Critical hit ratio chance has increased more than usual if im not wrong?....If so i love thay aspect js xD, Overall with all thse new features, including the trainer hordes i can't help but be very mad that they got rid of the previous way of poke'block blending AND OH MY GOSH, WHY DID THEY GET RID OF THE LOTTERY CORNER
The lottery is in the same place it was in RSE. Just talk to the woman on the right behind the counter of the department store's first floor.

There are lists of where to encounter wild hordes on Serebii, so I'm assuming they're still in the game.

Can anyone help? I wanna catch a Bagon. :]
The bagon are in a certain area only in meteor falls
Its a small room with a small area of land...with a pond then another area of land at the back...its a cave entrance in Meteor falls...its an empty room, cant miss it

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry if someone already brought this up, but I've read through this entire thread and don't remember seeing it being talked about.

In the Battle Resort, there's a house near the eastern dock with a Magma/Aqua couple. After you talk to them, a cutscene happens and they tell you to come back later. Go outside and come back in and they'll give you a Camerupt and Sharpedo, respectively (you need a free slot to claim them). The Sharpedo is Adamant with Rough Skin holding a Wacan Berry and knows Poison Fang (which I think is an Egg Move?), while the Camerupt is Quiet with Magma Armor and holding a Passho Berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)