Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not going to try to take credit for what I'm gonna point out; PaulGilbert used a nearly identical set and used it to reach number 1 on the OU ladder in mid-ish X&Y, I think it was. Anyways, his set had a few interesting differences. First, he ran 220 speed, which is actually all you need to outpace 252 Spe adamant zard at +1, gives you as much bulk as possible, and let you get the momentum against other scarfed lando-t. The one other difference which I thought was really interesting was that he ran explosion instead of knock off. It lets you go out with a bang (pun very much intended) when lando has done his job, and helps to create momentum as well. Not to mention, it has a fun surprise factor to it that can seriously hurt enemy's that would otherwise not take a whole lot from its other moves.
I tend to run knock off over explosion because I'm too stupid to know when to use it, but ill try the speed thing.

littlelucario, why is Celebi running a Colbur Berry? I feel like Leftovers is just better in general for passive recovery. imo Celebi's best set is it's SubPass set, it's really reliable and effective, and Nasty Plot Celebi without Sub is just kind of weird.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
littlelucario, why is Celebi running a Colbur Berry? I feel like Leftovers is just better in general for passive recovery. imo Celebi's best set is it's SubPass set, it's really reliable and effective, and Nasty Plot Celebi without Sub is just kind of weird.
my celebi set is supposed to beat bisharp at +2 since bisharp is a problem for Lando-T and heatran isn't exactly a counter.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
my celebi set is supposed to beat bisharp at +2 since bisharp is a problem for Lando-T and heatran isn't exactly a counter.
If you're using Celebi as your Bisharp answer you're doing something very wrong. Leftovers is the only item to use on defensive celebi.

You have enough speed for Jolly Bisharp and Celebi can comfortably take a sucker punch from full HP even with lefties and hit it with earth power, letting it set up is not something you should be taking into account.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
If you're using Celebi as your Bisharp answer you're doing something very wrong. Leftovers is the only item to use on defensive celebi.

You have enough speed for Jolly Bisharp and Celebi can comfortably take a sucker punch from full HP even with lefties and hit it with earth power, letting it set up is not something you should be taking into account.
I was saying that it helps with bisharp and most bisharp would try to use knock off since celebi uses baton pass anyways. Celebi can't take a knock off from bish without the colbur berry unless it's heavily invested into defense. It isn't the team's bisharp answer, it just is a mon to help with bisharp since the core is weak to it. It is also nice to not be easily killed by +2 bisharp as well because bisharp can set up with ease on lando if it is locked into a resisted move. I did say in the set that you can use a bulkier set and my set is just the set that I personally prefer anyways.
Calcs:
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Celebi: 169-201 (43.7 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 338-402 (87.5 - 104.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Celebi: 280-330 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 560-660 (145 - 170.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Also, what is the subpass set? If it appears better to me I might replace the other set with it. I've never used it before and I found that my set performed better than the standard bulky set in practice, so that's why I used that set.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
littlelucario I don't really mind the colbur berry on celebi but that item itself is more team specific where as the general purpose of this thread is to provide basic cores as a foundation. It's fine if you want to mention it in the details as an option for more advanced team building but it'll be a mess if everybody and their mother just uses lure items and sets everywhere that aren't standardized. I'd just stick with a general set that gives users more freedom to choose what they want.

I was saying that it helps with bisharp and most bisharp would try to use knock off since celebi uses baton pass anyways. Celebi can't take a knock off from bish without the colbur berry unless it's heavily invested into defense. It isn't the team's bisharp answer, it just is a mon to help with bisharp since the core is weak to it. It is also nice to not be easily killed by +2 bisharp as well because bisharp can set up with ease on lando if it is locked into a resisted move. I did say in the set that you can use a bulkier set and my set is just the set that I personally prefer anyways.
Calcs:
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Celebi: 169-201 (43.7 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 338-402 (87.5 - 104.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Celebi: 280-330 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 560-660 (145 - 170.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Also, what is the subpass set? If it appears better to me I might replace the other set with it. I've never used it before and I found that my set performed better than the standard bulky set in practice, so that's why I used that set.
Subpass set:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Recover

Baton passing substitutes to frail sweepers is a nice way of bringing them in safely, and can be used on a predicted switch with baton pass, allowing you to gain momentum.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Subpass set:

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Recover
Where did you get that EV spread? There's no point in running max speed, you only need enough for jolly bisharp and having defense investment is really helpful.
For a set like that, use a spread of 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe Bold

Yeah I was actually questioning the EV spread myself. I got it off the analysis here, and it states that "A Timid or Jolly nature allows Celebi to send its Baton Pass boost as fast as possible, and should be chosen based on what boosting move Celebi is using. Max Speed further helps Celebi's Speed, while 248 HP EV's keep Celebi as bulky as possible."

I think all you really need to outspeed is Bisharp, and dump the rest into bulk.

Gimmick

Electric potential
+
+

Heatran's gone.team

With the release of Contrary Serperior, suddenly everyone has a new thing to worry about while team building. Add that onto the fact that Serperior actually has pretty decent coverage given its various Hidden Power options (HP Ground / HP Fire) and it suddenly becomes a threat very difficult to prepare for. Mega Charizard-X, on the other hand, has always been seen as a massive threat with very few counters due to its fantastic offensive Dragon/Fire typing. Its above-average bulk, great typing, and access to Roost allows MegaZardX to set up plenty of Dragon Dances in the face of defensively-oriented Pokemon, such as Mew, Slowbro, Clefable, HexWisp Gengar, Mega Sableye, Celebi, Rotom-W, Raikou, Mega Manectric, Venusaur, Magnezone, Starmie, and much more. *EV spread will be given in sets at the end. However, with Dragon Dance and Roost, Charizard X only has room for 2 coverage moves, and dual STAB works great. Fire/Dragon coverage is resisted by very few things--Heatran, Azumarill, and Mega Altaria. The fundamental idea behind this core is to support a dual STAB Charizard X offensively by taking care of most of its checks in a very reliable way.

Having Dugtrio alongside Charizard-X alone is enough to keep Heatrans from switching in often and provides an excellent partnership in terms of non-coverage support as well as eliminating checks. Once Heatran is gone, most teams will struggle to handle a MegaZardX after only a single Dragon Dance; add that to the fact that Dugtrio has access to Stealth Rock and Memento and you have yourself a pretty easy set-up opportunity. The only thing to worry about now is a healthy Azumarill, which Serperior takes care of insanely well as it can grab fantastic momentum on the switch with a Life Orb Leaf Storm and a free Nasty Plot. Dugtrio allows Serperior to run HP Fire as opposed to Ground, which means it can hit Steels like Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory. Thus, with its Grass/Fire/Dragon coverage, Serperior can occasionally sweep teams more effectively than Charizard-X. Oftentimes, with Heatran gone, either Serperior or MegaZardX will eventually sweep entire teams clean. Teams without Heatran already struggle with the combination, but Dugtrio also has a very important role in these cases. It can be a lead SR user due to its Focus Sash and also choose when to go for Memento to give ZardX an excellent opportunity to set up. The biggest thing to consider offensively for this core is an answer to Mega Altaria, but +2 Life Orb Leaf Storms, SR damage, and +1 Adamant Tough Claws Flare Blitz's will probably wear it down eventually, especially if it's offensive.
@ Charizardite X

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Moves explained above, 252+ Atk for max power (to beat things like Defensive Lando-T after some weakening, outspeeds 252+ Spe Mega Lopunny after DD, rest into HP, 4 Def for a SR number.

@ Life Orb

Ability: Contrary
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Moves explained, 244+ Spe outspeeds Thundurus with HP Fire, 8 HP / 4 Def for an odd HP number, max SAtk and Life Orb because this thing's SAtk is pretty mediocre before a Leaf Storm.

@ Focus Sash

Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
- Memento

Moves explained, Reveral for Chansey to help Serperior, Stealth Rock + Memento makes it good support vs teams where Dugtrio would otherwise do nothing, standard EVs, IVs for Reversal (least amount of defensive capabilities, 21 HP IVs = 201 HP = Reversal after 2 Seismic Tosses).

Last edited:
I'll go with the subpass set then.
Sorry, the topic of convo has moved past this, but I haven't been watching the thread so, yolo.

I feel like I'm gonna get totally flamed for this, but I actually like this set a lot. I think something like it was on the oras good lure thread, and it actually lures bisharp and heatran really well and ohko's them both.

Celebi @ Expert Belt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Sub can stop a sucker punch, or fake a baton pass so they go for knock off, then they get smacked with earth power. Though you really shouldn't usually rely on celebi for a bisharp answer, this one works pretty well.

This is my 1st time posting a core in this thread so any constructive criticism or advice is much appreciated.

This a F/W/G core that I have been using in OU lately to great success, featuring Reckless Emboar as one of the stars.

Being a F/W/G core, these 3 pokemon have extremely good offensive and defensive synergy. When I first made the core I began with Emboar and Celebi.
These two efficiently take out each other's threats, with Emboar taking out Chansey, Heatran, Bisharp, Scizor, Mandibuzz, Weavile, Skarmory and Ferrothorn for Celebi. While Celebi in return uses its grass STAB to remove Azumaril, Rotom-W, Manaphy, Keldeo, Slowbro, Diancie and Hippowdon for Emboar.
They also have good defensive synergy with Emboar being able to make up for Celebi's 4x Bug weakness with its own 4x resistance, as well as resisting Dark, Fire and Ice for Celebi. In return Celebi resists Psychic, Ground and Water.
Rotom-W then comes in as a sort of glue. Being a strong answer to Talon who other wise destroys those two. Rotom also deals with a lot of other pokemon that can give the former to grief (depending on sets) such as Mamoswine, Tyranitar, Victini and Mega Pinsir. Rotom-W has his Grass weakness patch up by both allies.

These sets are just the ones I am using atm and can be changed heaps to suit your team.

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Head Smash

Flare Blitz and Superpower are awesome STABs. Sucker Punch is fantastic for KOing low health targets and OHKOing pokemon that think they can come in or revenge Emboar such as Gengar and Lati@s. Head Smash is used over Wild Charge on this set as most the things Wild Charge is mandatory for are taken by Celebi. Head Smash is great from OHKOing things on the switch in like Lati@s and particularly Dragonite. There is almost nothing in the game that isn't 2HKOed by this thing. If this thing gets in safely, stuff dies.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

I'm using a mono-attacking sub nasty-pass Celebi set as it is the most effective at cleaning once Emboar and Rotom-W take out its checks and counters. Baton Passing Substitutes to Emboar successfully usually results in at least 2 pokemon dying.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Standard Rotom-W set not really gonna talk on it. Slow Volt Switch helps bring in Emboar.

Like I said those sets are just place holders that I'm using atm. I have also tried centralising the core around Emboar with Thunder Wave on Celebi and Rotom which worked really well. As well as Chesto Rest Rotom with Heal Bell on Celebi.

Team options:
- Thunder wave support is really strong with Emboar.
- Healing wish support often allows Emboar to kill *at least* 3 pokemon before going down.
- (Mega)Scizor forms a slow bulky U-turn core with Rotom-W as does Landorus-T.
- Hazards Really helps Emboar get clean KOs.
- A strong special attacker is much appreciated as it always Celebi to pass its SpA boosts.

The only thing off of the top of my head that can take the whole core is Freeze Dry Mamoswine. So something to deal with that is another good team option. Sub Chandy can be a problem but its extremely rare.
Sorry this is extremely delayed but I've had a lot on my plate and only recently had a chance to make the changes to my core. I believe the formatting errors have been corrected and I've adjusted the Celebi set. If I get time later today I might post a new hazard stacking core I've been using a lot recently.

Balanced / Offensive Core : Serperior + Mixed Attacker Altaria-Mega + Heatran Stallbreaker

One of a good counters to HP Fire Serperior is Heatran. Instead to trap him with Dugtrio, i decided to use a lure. When your opponent see a special-based Altaria, he oftens switches to Heatran. Earthquake does so much damage to opposites Heatrans, so Serperior can usually pick them off. But some pokemons gives troubles to Serperior and Altaria. Clefable Unaware beats Altaria-Mega and Serperior 1vs1. So i decided to use Heatran, who traps Chansey, and counters Clefable. But even with Heatran, Gengar and Bisharp are huges threats. So a pokemon like SpDefensive Gliscor and Keldeo are appreciated.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 24 HP / 248 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power / Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Btw you can change a bit sets if you want :]

Here is a core I found quite a while ago, who's main downfall was my lack of experience with the first of the three mons. Introducing...
Hawlucha + Sand Core

This core is basically a double win-con fit for offense. Both pokemon involved, being Hawlucha and Excadrill, utilize high speeds to sweep through an opponent, while also having high power to wallbreak stall. Hawlucha and Excadrill beat each others main threats, with TTar supporting both with sand and a way to beat birdspam. Hawlucha beats Ferrothorn, Breloom, Conkeldurr, Celebi, Lando-T (because it doesn't get damaged much by) and weakens Rotom-W for Exca. Sand (assuming scarftar) beats TFlame (through TTar pursuiting damage on it and Stone Edging for KOs), Mega Pinsir(same as TFlame), Clef (Iron Head), Mega Metagross (Sand Rush EQ), Mega Diancie (Sand Rush Iron Head), Jirachi (EQ), Mandibuzz (TTar Stone Edge), Zapdos (TTar Stone Edge) and Thundurus (TTar Stone Edge) for Hawlucha. Superpower and Ice Punch are both solid options on Tyranitar, with Superpower hitting Heatran and Ferrothorn hard, and Ice Punch "alleviating pressure on Lando-T for Exca" as well as on Gliscor.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower/Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin/Sword Dance

Last edited:
Here is a core I found quite a while ago, who's main downfall was my lack of experience with the first of the three mons. Introducing...
Hawlucha + Sand Core

This core is basically a double win-con fit for offense. Both pokemon involved, being Hawlucha and Excadrill, utilize high speeds to sweep through an opponent, while also having high power to wallbreak stall. Hawlucha beats Ferrothorn, Breloom, Conkeldurr, Celebi, Lando-T (because it doesn't get damaged much by) and weakens Rotom-W for Exca. Sand (assuming scarftar) beats TFlame, Mega Pinsir, Clef, Mega Metagross, Mega Diancie, Jirachi, Mandibuzz, Zapdos and Thundurus for Hawlucha. Hawlucha and Excadrill beat each others main threats, with TTar supporting both with sand and a way to beat birdspam.

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin/Sword Dance
That's a great core, but I personally think it works better with Hawlucha's SubSD set. The sand from T-tar can make it easier for the Sitrus Berry to activate and it allows it to beat things like Thundurus under the right conditions.
Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

That's a great core, but I personally think it works better with Hawlucha's SubSD set. The sand from T-tar can make it easier for the Sitrus Berry to activate and it allows it to beat things like Thundurus under the right conditions.
Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
I am personally more of a fan of the power herb set, which I feel is more reliable.
However, Sitrus definitely has its merits, so boltsandbombers, what should I do about it? (Keep power herb as suggested set, or replace with sitrus berry set)

I am personally more of a fan of the power herb set, which I feel is more reliable.
However, Sitrus definitely has its merits, so boltsandbombers, what should I do about it? (Keep power herb as suggested set, or replace with sitrus berry set)
The Power Herb set may be more reliable in the sense that you ensure your tradeoff sooner, but there's also much less of a reward and less utility. Sky Attack is basically a one time, slightly stronger Acrobatics, whereas a Sub gives you a lot of utility (even if you don't active Unburden). Hawlucha is already at such a speed tier where its natural speed and Sub can be enough to give it utility outside of Unburden-boosted sweeping.

I can see the merit, but I'm a fan of the SubSD set for a different reason: Hawlucha can contribute or put in work even before beginning an Unburden sweep. Even assuming it's not what takes him to Sitrus Range, having the Sub in place whenever that happens to avoid Priority Thunder Wave or be able to throw out an Acrobatics before Talonflame BB's it. You could then follow that with a Pursuit trap from T-tar to ensure one dead Talonflame for teammates, whether or not Excadrill is ready to sweep yet.

Heck, if Hawlucha got the boost or has rocks, the Sub lets him beat Talonflame
+2 252 Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 375-442 (114.6 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 187-222 (57.1 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tyranitar Pursuit (80 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 178-210 (54.4 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Hawlucha's speed tier is also already a very high and unique one, outpacing both the Base 110 of offense, but the base 115 that many mons are coveting right now to outspeed that (Starmie, Mega Houndoom) even before getting Unburden, so the Substitute can still ease prediction if trying to get a hit off before the sweep starts. Also, unlike Sky Attack, Hawlucha can make use of Substitute both before/in preparation for and after his sweep, whereas Sky Attack starts it sooner, but the moveslot has very little use after doing so. You're essentially playing a mon with 3 moves (Sky Attack is only slightly stronger than itemless Acrobatics) to ensure the sweep can start sooner.

It's a matter of preference, but I'd list both sets as options.

Nothing says synergy like a fire grass water core at times and with the release of sheer force gatr this core has cropped up and been mentioned a few times as well.

With access to SD, both gatr and talonflame can hit really hard, with talonflame taking out annoying threats to gatr, such as m-scizor and gatr returning the favor by destroying bulkier walls such as slowbro and threats such as heatran. M-sceptile rounds thing's up by being able to completely wall rotom-w and deal with other pesky water types such as suicune that could other wise stop a sweep. Gatr is using his swords dance set, which can be a terror to both offensive and defnsive threats, thanks to a combination of bulk, power of SD sheer force crunch, waterfall and access to aqua jet. Talonflame on the other hand has access to two powerful stab moves in flare blitz and brave bird and boosted bt a swords dance are poisted to take out both speedy and some bulky threats alike, with roost for recovery. Sceptiles set is a simple straight out attacker, with earthquake for additional support against heatran. With talonflame in the core, that naturally means a rappid spinner or defog user must be provided, users such as scizor and Lati@s, make good partners for this reason.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nothing says synergy like a fire grass water core at times and with the release of sheer force gatr this core has cropped up and been mentioned a few times as well.

With access to SD, both gatr and talonflame can hit really hard, with talonflame taking out annoying threats to gatr, such as m-scizor and gatr returning the favor by destroying bulkier walls such as slowbro and threats such as heatran. M-sceptile rounds thing's up by being able to completely wall rotom-w and deal with other pesky water types such as suicune that could other wise stop a sweep. Gatr is using his swords dance set, which can be a terror to both offensive and defnsive threats, thanks to a combination of bulk, power of SD sheer force crunch, waterfall and access to aqua jet. Talonflame on the other hand has access to two powerful stab moves in flare blitz and brave bird and boosted bt a swords dance are poisted to take out both speedy and some bulky threats alike, with roost for recovery. Sceptiles set is a simple straight out attacker, with earthquake for additional support against heatran. With talonflame in the core, that naturally means a rappid spinner or defog user must be provided, users such as scizor and Lati@s, make good partners for this reason.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
I really love this core I used it as soon as sheer force Gatr was aloud to be in battle except I use Leaf Storm Dragon Pulse Focus Blast and Protect/Sub on Sceptile

Edit:Giga Drain if using sub

Last edited:
Yep, looking at the arguments I do have to agree that Sitrus Berry outperforms Power Herb, especially for this core. Change made. Thanks for contributions.

Scarf Latios and Spike setter Diggersby. This is a core I posted on another thread. It got no reception which is generally not a good sign, but I'm not giving up on it, if I look bad for posting it once it can't make things worse posting again. XD Anyway, this is a core of two less than common sets designed to bluff their more frequently used counterparts. A Latios on a team generally leads one to assume there's no hazard stacking involved due to Latios's common utility as a Defogger, and hazard stack + Defog does not go well together, so paired with Diggersby, who people really don't generally expect to be a hazard setter anyway, it can mask the incentive of hazard stacking entirely as well as hold off the assumption that Latios is Scarfed which can come in very handy with revenging due to its surprising speed. The benefit of this bluff allows for easier revenge kills due to surprise factor and easier opportunities to set hazards with Diggersby's natural ability to force switches, even further enforced by an opponent who may assume you have more coverage than you do, such as switching in on a Ferro and scaring it out with Fire Punch. The typeing synergy between the two isn't bad either, mainly Latios's ability to support Diggy by effectively taking any Water, Grass or Fighting hit that threatens him and remove them, allowing the pimpin' bunny to stack Spikes uninterrupted. Ice coverage shits on this core though so it's not all fun and games unfortunately. Still, I think this pair has a chance to be very effective if used right.
Not Latias (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Dayum, Son (Diggersby) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant / Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)