Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, none of the new Megas can really do the whole "specially offensive wallbreaker" thing garde's got going for her (if anyone says glalie I will actually kill them), Mega Diancie does sort of come close but her Moonblast isn't quite as good as Garde's Hyper Voice, doesn't get Will-o-wisp/T-wave... I expect Garde to go down in viability, maybe even to B+ or A-, but she's still got a relatively unique role.
As far as special wallbreaking, Mega Camerupt can definitely do that too, albeit with a bulkier inclination over a faster one. I'm seeing a lot of talk about using M Camerupt on a Trick Room team, but I haven't really seen anyone mention the kind of damage output it can get under the sun. For demonstration purposes:

252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey in Sun: 268-316 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.

So, while Blissey and Chansey do wall it, they're just about the only things. This thing's in the same vein as sunboosted Darmanitan and Victini, but without crippling recoil/statdrops and is actually neutral to Stealth Rock.

As far as special wallbreaking, Mega Camerupt can definitely do that too, albeit with a bulkier inclination over a faster one. I'm seeing a lot of talk about using M Camerupt on a Trick Room team, but I haven't really seen anyone mention the kind of damage output it can get under the sun. For demonstration purposes:

252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey in Sun: 268-316 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.

So, while Blissey and Chansey do wall it, they're just about the only things. This thing's in the same vein as sunboosted Darmanitan and Victini, but without crippling recoil/statdrops and is actually neutral to Stealth Rock.
Yes, but only really on Trick Room teams. Otherwise Camerupt is just obliterated by common water and ground moves; while Gardevoir isn't the fastest thing around, it at least isn't slow as molasses and is enough to outspeed and break apart stall and wall. In addition, Fairy Voice and Psyshock alongside Focus Blast is a fantastic set of coverage which I doubt Camerupt gets.
Fuck, I want to see a fairy/psychic camerupt now

Reactions: AM
Except for the fact that Diancie has 160 in both Offences and gets Diamond Storm, and of course Sceptile can go mixed
252+ Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 279-328 (43.4 - 51%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Diancie can't break Chansey without major attack investment, which takes away from her being a special wallbreaker is all. It has to get to +4 if using Calm Mind to even have a chance to 2HKO with Moonblast, at which point it will be Seismic Tossed to death. Sceptile can't break Chansey easily either, it needs max attack Adamant at +2 to 2HKO Chansey as well. I'm not saying that either Mega isn't good, but breaking Chansey is pretty big for any special wallbreaker.

Yes, but only really on Trick Room teams. Otherwise Camerupt is just obliterated by common water and ground moves; while Gardevoir isn't the fastest thing around, it at least isn't slow as molasses and is enough to outspeed and break apart stall and wall. In addition, Fairy Voice and Psyshock alongside Focus Blast is a fantastic set of coverage which I doubt Camerupt gets.
Fuck, I want to see a fairy/psychic camerupt now
Well yes, it's not gonna like water or ground moves at all, but the idea would be to get it in on something that can't really hurt it, which shouldn't be overly tough with its decent bulk, and then almost blindly click Fire Blast, since almost anything switching in is going to take a huge chunk of damage. Then switch out before that water attack comes in. Mega Gardevoir's definitely powerful, but it's nowhere near a Sheer Force boost stacked with a Sun boost.

Well yes, it's not gonna like water or ground moves at all, but the idea would be to get it in on something that can't really hurt it, which shouldn't be overly tough with its decent bulk, and then almost blindly click Fire Blast, since almost anything switching in is going to take a huge chunk of damage. Then switch out before that water attack comes in. Mega Gardevoir's definitely powerful, but it's nowhere near a Sheer Force boost stacked with a Sun boost.
problem with that is it's rather situation and you're going to have a hard time switching in on just about anything, and then the fact you can't outspeed anything without trick room. I guess you could theoretically go for a bulky special attacker, but the key here is speed and reliability, which Garde definitely has over Camerupt.
Also where the fuck did sun come from; you're using mega camerupt so you can't have the only good sun setter in the tier

Oh it's absolutely situational, I'm well aware. This is the sort of thing where if you're running a full sun team, it's worth considering, but definitely not at any other time. Charizard Y is definitely still a better sun setter for its own individual purposes, but (as much as it sucks,) Ninetales is still the only real way to go for reliable, extended sun. Also, Camerupt can set up it's own Sunny Day if it predicts a switch. I think I'm coming on a little stronger than I mean to with this, it's definitely not going to be the go-to strategy, and there are less roundabout ways to do similar things. But if you're already building a sun team, Camerupt could be a viable choice.

Oh it's absolutely situational, I'm well aware. This is the sort of thing where if you're running a full sun team, it's worth considering, but definitely not at any other time. Charizard Y is definitely still a better sun setter for its own individual purposes, but (as much as it sucks,) Ninetales is still the only real way to go for reliable, extended sun. Also, Camerupt can set up it's own Sunny Day if it predicts a switch. I think I'm coming on a little stronger than I mean to with this, it's definitely not going to be the go-to strategy, and there are less roundabout ways to do similar things. But if you're already building a sun team, Camerupt could be a viable choice.
If you set up Sunny Day with Camerupt you're essentially giving the opponent two free moves to deal damage on you; and I doubt it'd survive two azumarill aqua jets or whatever even with sun. There's barely any reason if at all to use Camerupt in teams where Gardevoir fits.

I think Mega Houndoom would still outclass it as a sun attacker anyway.

Mega Camerupt's defensive typing is actually really handy, it has a ton of useful resists like Fairy, Electric, Fire and Steel with good bulk- like someone said earlier, it makes every non-Stunfisk electric type its bitch. And it's also a complete nuke, its Fire Blast hits a decent bit harder than even Mega Garde's Hyper Voice, which is certainly saying something. It's just too bad it doesn't get flare blitz so it could potentially break chansey, albeit killing itself in the process :O

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PSA: an ORAS OU ladder is up on Pokemon Showdown! Have fun everyone.

In terms of the actual meta, note that a lot of megas increased in weight; Mega Slowbro takes a 100 BP Grass Knot as opposed to regular Slowbro's 80.

PSA: an ORAS OU ladder is up on Pokemon Showdown! Have fun everyone.

In terms of the actual meta, note that a lot of megas increased in weight; Mega Slowbro takes a 100 BP Grass Knot as opposed to regular Slowbro's 80.
Does that include the new tutor, egg, level-up and TM/HM moves?

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
it hits poison stuff and crobat :P

haven't seen a post on bro, so i'll post first.

mega slowbro is not as bad as it seems. i see ppl whining and being like "FK YOU GAMEFREAK IT LOST REGENERATOR."

shell armor isn't that good but still has it's merits. crits are annoying af and especially stall (and bp (BAN ME PLEASE)) players should know this. one crit can change the whole match which sometimes causes you to have a loss. so what i'm saying is mega bro should be used on stall teams. and if you still want regen, you can always decide to not m-evolve it.

but then most ppl would say that is quite pointless cuz it takes your mega slot. the thing is, bro has cm which is actually quite viable since he is p bulky. so you cm to fk and crits can't negate it's boosts and bro can function like a bulky cmer that doesn't get FKING CRIT'D IN THE BALLSACK LIKE CROCUNE AND DIES.rip crocune 2014-

basically, if you use bro i think you should not m-evolve it and use it like a normal stall (BAN ME PLEASE) and then during late-game, you wreck shit with cm + scald :D. gl fgts.

get shrekt

Slowbro @ slowbrahite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- filler​

EDIT: YOU GUYS READY TO GET COCKSMACKT? CUZ THIS RPAIST HAS 180 DEF BISHES THIS THING WILL RAPE YOUR ASS NON-BELIEVERS. screw chil pills mofo
SLOWBRO RAPE TRAIN STATS: 95/75/180/130/80/30
I'd say run Rest and Sleep Talk so you don't get fucked over by Toxic on Brocune :^)

Mega latias could be a good semi-stall mon. With max defence and CM she's really hard to take down and can set up on a lot of shit. She's kind of toxic bait though as a CM sweeper and I'm not sure if she would be the number 1 go to mega for stall-ish teams, I mean she straight up loses to specially defensive heatran with toxic and mega scizor with bug bite. Basically just toxic her and switch to a steel. Still, she's pretty good at late game sweeping.

Can't see much going for latios though. Regular latios + mega is looking much more appealing. It's certainly not bad by any means, 160 spatk and 110 spe is great but I think latias got a better stat distribution and regular latios is just so good that it's not really worth the mega slot when you can run another mega alongside it.

Also, to address the issue of "theorymoning" beedrill, we've had access to it for the past few days so it's no longer theory. It's as most of us imagined, nasty but kind of one dimensional and definitely not without issues.
Saying it was a niche was underrating it but hardly going to make a big impact on the meta.

In other news, being able to search for opponents via matchmaking for ORAS is awesome! Everything seems smooth so far. Good job guys.

Last edited:
So while we all know M-Sharpedo is kind of underwhelming but I'm starting to really dig its strength in comparison to all the other megas, especially since it outspeeds all of the fast ones after a Speed Boost turn.

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamence: 392-464 (118.4 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pidgeot: 294-348 (95.7 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 459-540 (169.3 - 199.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Sharpedo Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 153-181 (56.4 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sceptile: 288-339 (102.4 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 176 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 320-378 (92.7 - 109.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

The problem being, of course, that you basically need Protect to set it up, and when you use it for your Speed Boost turn, you can't use it on your Mega turn, unless there's some fancy footwork involved. There's also the fact that if you ever have to switch it out, it goes back to its mediocre speed tier, and is basically dead weight. Gallade and Lopunny completely wreck it, as none of its STABs can quite get through them and they can easily OHKO back. It seems pretty inconsistent for OU standards, but I see it wrecking lower tiers so hard it can't ever get out of OU, like some kind of shark purgatory. That and its limited movepool kind of forces it into the same walled-by-Clefable coverage it's always had.

Wargreymon said:
Mega latias could be a good semi-stall mon. With max defence and CM she's really hard to take down and can set up on a lot of shit.
This. 80 / 120 / 150 defenses are amazing, and after Calm Mind it can even stay in against SE attacks and wreck with its 140 base SpA. Give up some of the investment to put into Speed and you can have it be faster than base 95s for sure, not to mention it still has its great movepool going for it, supportively and offensively.

Last edited:
So while we all know M-Sharpedo is kind of underwhelming but I'm starting to really dig its strength in comparison to all the other megas, especially since it outspeeds all of the fast ones after a Speed Boost turn.

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamence: 392-464 (118.4 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pidgeot: 294-348 (95.7 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 459-540 (169.3 - 199.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Sharpedo Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 153-181 (56.4 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sceptile: 288-339 (102.4 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 176 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 320-378 (92.7 - 109.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

The problem being, of course, that you basically need Protect to set it up, and when you use it for your Speed Boost turn, you can't use it on your Mega turn, unless there's some fancy footwork involved. There's also the fact that if you ever have to switch it out, it goes back to its mediocre speed tier, and is basically dead weight. Gallade and Lopunny completely wreck it, as none of its STABs can quite get through them and they can easily OHKO back. It seems pretty inconsistent for OU standards, but I see it wrecking lower tiers so hard it can't ever get out of OU, like some kind of shark purgatory. That and its limited movepool kind of forces it into the same walled-by-Clefable coverage it's always had.
See, that's the problem - you're using Mega Sharpedo as a sweeper, when it clearly can't do that as it has no way of boosting it's attack, it's badly outclassed as a sweeper especially by Mega Gyarados (especially now it gets crunch), it loses speed boost pretty easily and it takes priority like a bitch.
Which is why it should be used as a wallbreaker.
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 301-355 (42.7 - 50.4%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 306-362 (77.6 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 216-254 (54.8 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 288-342 (74.8 - 88.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
104 SpA Sharpedo Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 372-440 (97.3 - 115.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Latias: 354-416 (97.2 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Latias: 288-342 (79.1 - 93.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 408-480 (115.9 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 216 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 512-604 (135.8 - 160.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 166-196 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
104 SpA Sharpedo Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Salamence: 340-400 (86.2 - 101.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Not the most impressive wallbreaker around, but it can pull it's work.

She kind of needs max HP and defence otherwise she gets 2HKO'd by strong physical attacks though. With max investment you obviously can't avoid the 2HKO from strong SE attacks (zard x dragon claw, chomp outrage, azumarill play rough, mega scizor bug bite etc) but you can avoid the 2HKO from things like diggersby's return and mega metagross ice punch. If you take away from HP or defence to invest in anything else she loses the bulk she needs to be able to setup on some of OU's hardest hitters.

I've been messing around with her quite a bit, and seriously, fuck heatran.

Edit: Holy shit at that sharpedo calc. Can almost 2HKO max HP max defence chansey. Wow.

Last edited:
You must be looking at the wrong calcs then, because I've actually proved that Mega Audino avoids the 2HKO or from most current and potential OU megas, who, in return, will take a Thunder Wave and be crippled for the rest of the match. And no, it's not going to use Toxic because Toxic on a defensive Fairy is useless when their prime switch-ins are Excadrill, Heatran, and Mega Venusaur. I didn't even list it as an option for the fourth moveslot in my original post. Stop talking about Toxic.

As far as its raw viability goes, I'm not interested. I only did these calcs as a request to a poster who wanted to discuss Mega Audino's ability to take hits from other Mega Pokemon. The poster also had a Mega Audino avatar, so I imagine this discussion won't reach them either.
Your useless calcs show it taking hits at +0. Who cares it something can tank a +0 hit, you're going to be switching in on SD / DD and just getting mashed because Mega Audino lacks any useful resistances required to actually take a boosted hit. Mega Audino sucks bro.

See, that's the problem - you're using Mega Sharpedo as a sweeper, when it clearly can't do that as it has no way of boosting it's attack, it's badly outclassed as a sweeper especially by Mega Gyarados (especially now it gets crunch), it loses speed boost pretty easily and it takes priority like a bitch.
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 301-355 (42.7 - 50.4%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 306-362 (77.6 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 216-254 (54.8 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 288-342 (74.8 - 88.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
104 SpA Sharpedo Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 372-440 (97.3 - 115.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Latias: 354-416 (97.2 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Latias: 288-342 (79.1 - 93.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 408-480 (115.9 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 216 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 512-604 (135.8 - 160.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 166-196 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
104 SpA Sharpedo Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Salamence: 340-400 (86.2 - 101.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Your post made so much more sense. I guess I've just been away from OU for too long, but I always associate "wallbreaker" with something that can power through stuff but also is bulky enough to deal with switch-ins, like Garchomp, Conkeldurr, and Kyurem-B. M-Sharpedo's main weakness is still really bad defenses and its inability to take unresisted priority moves. That aside, sheesh, I didn't realize Chansey could die so fast to that Crunch.

I like the new Megas so far, but one mega has me irked greatly:
M-Pidgeot.

The ability No guard is a rather interesting ability? Though it doesn't have many moves with low accuracy it'll need anyways. Hurricane/Heat wave spam would be evident, but without an addition of some sort of heavy hitting special (or physical) moves with lower accuracys, I don't see it being relevant.

Your post made so much more sense. I guess I've just been away from OU for too long, but I always associate "wallbreaker" with something that can power through stuff but also is bulky enough to deal with switch-ins, like Garchomp, Conkeldurr, and Kyurem-B. M-Sharpedo's main weakness is still really bad defenses and its inability to take unresisted priority moves. That aside, sheesh, I didn't realize Chansey could die so fast to that Crunch.
Strong Jaw STAB Crunch is practically the only thing Sharpedo has over Gyarados on the initial turn; aside from some speed, so I thought it best to make use of that.

Conkeldurr
Yyyyyup, you've definitely been away from OU for a long time.

The doc has been updated with analyses for almost every Pokemon. They all have information, at least. Glalie's is empty though, so feel free to comment on its set.

Now that I really study the megas, it seems like Lop, Audino, Beedrill, Pidgeot, and Diancie's megas have crippling flaws. Example: Lop and Audino are outclassed by cham and sylvie, Pidgeot's special movepool is pitiful (Hurricane, Heat Wave, and HP), and Diancie's type is bad considering it's 4x weak to bp.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

This couldn't be more wrong. Wallbreakers need a mix of power, coverage, and set up moves that Mega Sharpedo lacks, as it's walled even by offensive Pokemon such as Azumarill and Keldeo. Mega Sharpedo makes for a decent late-game cleaner, which is a kind of sweeper, because it can OHKO many offensive Pokemon or weakened semi-bulky Pokemon, and because you can't outspeed it outside of priority thanks to Speed Boost. Mega Sharpedo is a bad wallbreaker and a decent sweeper.

The doc has been updated with analyses for almost every Pokemon. They all have information, at least. Glalie's is empty though, so feel free to comment on its set.

Now that I really study the megas, it seems like Lop, Audino, Beedrill, Pidgeot, and Diancie's megas have crippling flaws. Example: Lop and Audino are outclassed by cham and sylvie, Pidgeot's special movepool is pitiful (Hurricane, Heat Wave, and HP), and Diancie's type is bad considering it's 4x weak to bp.
You're really jumping the gun on Mega Lop and Diancie. Diancie is 4x weak to BP, but it checks BirdSpam, Earth Power gives it decent coverage, and it's 700 BST is very well distributed. Even with lowered defenses, 50/110/110 isn't terrible, and it's 110 speed tier is great. Having a 4x weakness to a rarer type isn't bad, especially when said type really only has a few users that can hurt it (ScarfTran, Mega Gross, Mega Scizor and some Mega Medi). Having a 4x weakness isn't a fatal flaw by any means, by that logic MegaMence and Mega Swampert have crippling flaws as well. Ice Shard isn't holding Mence back, and that has more users in OU than BP does. Also, Lopunny and Medi really don't share any common traits outside of HJK. Medi and Gallade are closer comps (still not good comps, but still closer). Medi is a slow wallbreaker, Lopunny is a fast attacker with 2 strong stabs and a great support movepool.

Last edited:
Having a 4x weakness to a rarer type isn't bad, especially when said type really only has two users that can hurt it (ScarfTran and Mega Scizor).
Well... there's also some rarer variants of Megacham, and I'm sure some Megagross will begin to run it -- both of which obliterate Mega Diancie with it. The only user I've found that can't beat Mega Diancie with it is... uh... 0 Attack Defog Scizor.

Regardless, your point still stands. When a relatively rare move is literally your biggest weakness I can't see how it's a crippling flaw. And also the fact why would you stay in on tran/scizor/gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)