Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopa has potential, I do not know why people dismiss it so much. While it has issues with Clefable, it hits as hard as Aegislash does unboosted, and the fact that Chansey cannot do anything to it is hilarious. It has horrible bulk though. It takes at least 70% from Will-O Zard X's Dragon Claw, just to show how frail it is

Aside from its exorcist tendencies with Normal/Fighting + Scrappy + high Speed/Attack (when Defence is often one of a Ghost-type's weakest stats and MLopunny's Speed is high enough to get past that of many of the speedier Ghosts), MLopunny does have good stuff going for it as a semi-cleric with offensive presence, which is often highly appreciated.

As for what Mega Gallade does, in singles he's probably best with Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Stone Edge to kill birds, and something like Substitute or Shadow Sneak. In Doubles or Triples he might have a more notable niche with flinch immunity (since Fake Out is everywhere in Doubles) along with Drain Punch and Heal Pulse, allowing him to keep himself and his allies alive without worrying about getting his heals blocked by Fake Out.

It does not matter vs Ferrothorn, but you may miss a 2HKO with Fire Blast + unboosted Return on Skarmory, having you risk a miss, but that's it.

0- SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 222-262 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 67-79 (20 - 23.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
You don't miss any 1HKO's or 2HKO's by going jolly over naive for offensive DD mence..mostly.

0- SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 168-198 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Against a spD-variant skarm, an offensive jolly mence doesn't get the 100.0% guaranteed 2hko, unlike naive mega mence. but if you have sr, that's not a problem. personally, at least on an offensive dd mega mence, id on't see any reason to choose naive over jolly.

Hoopa has potential, I do not know why people dismiss it so much. While it has issues with Clefable, it hits as hard as Aegislash does unboosted, and the fact that Chansey cannot do anything to it is hilarious. It has horrible bulk though. It takes at least 70% from Will-O Zard X's Dragon Claw, just to show how frail it is
Hoopa aren't even legit yet......

ANYway moving onto actually relevant stuff, I'm thinking about breeding a Buneary right now in prep for ORAS - thing is, I'm having a little trouble deciding the moveset. I've already decided on Jolly 176 since that's enough to outspeed max speed jolly Weavile - adamant won't even outspeed ninja - and 252 attack. I've also decided on HJK, Return and Ice Punch, but the problem comes in that I've no idea where to put the rest of the EVs and the last attack. Lop has a lot of utility in Fake Out and Healing Wish and such but I've no idea which to choose, and I'm thinking of putting the last 82 EVs into Attack, but... eh, I dunno. Was wondering what you lot would have to say about it.
Fake Out, Heal Bell, Quick Attack, Healing Wish, Encore, and Baton Pass are all viable options.

Come to think of it, what would the viability of a Power-up Punch / Pass set be like? With Scrappy it's not like someone's going to switch anything in to stop you, and M-Lopunny pretty much outspeeds the entire unscarfed meta. Plus, with Limber, you can even surprise people by not Mega Evolving immediately and soaking up T-waves as you boost.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been testing Baton Pass MLop + Specs Gothitelle + Specs Keldeo and it seems like a really potent offensive core. Lopunny lures in a variety of defensive pokemon that can either be trapped and killed or exploited by Keldeo to fire off massive attacks and weaken the enemy team. A lot of things that check Lopunny also check Keldeo, and once they are removed it's really easy to set the opposing team up for a Lopunny sweep.
Cool core for a cool Pokemon. Honestly, the possibilities for Mega Lopunny seem endless, and with that great power, Speed, two moveslot coverage, and very spammable STABs, Mega Lopunny seems as an amazing Pokemon, especially against offense. But, even though plenty of Pokemon wall Mega Lopunny, such as Celebi, Hippowdon, Mew, Clefable, Mega Venusaur, Slowbro, Mega Slowbro, Alomomola, and defensive Mega Scizor, M-Lopunny has multiple ways to fuck them up, such as Encore, Substitute + Baton Pass, or even Work Up / Power-Up Punch. Substitute + Baton Pass is looking like it would be M-Lopunny's best set though, because with the right teammates and M-Lopunny's amazing Speed, passing and keeping intact the Sub doesn't seem difficult at all. For example, Victini can switch into Clefable and Celebi and keep the Sub intact, NP Celebi can switch into Hippowdon, Lando-T, Celebi, Slowbro, Mega Slowbro, and Alomomola and keep the Sub up, Gyarados can switch into Land-T, Slowbro, Mega Slowbro, and Alomomola and keep the Sub up, etc.

Ice Punch + Healing Wish also seems delicious for the last two slots, and don't hear those that say that saccing your Mega is not worth it, it's definitely worth it if your Mega is hard walled and other team members are more valuable in certain matchups.

Fake Out, Heal Bell, Quick Attack, Healing Wish, Encore, and Baton Pass are all viable options.

Come to think of it, what would the viability of a Power-up Punch / Pass set be like? With Scrappy it's not like someone's going to switch anything in to stop you, and M-Lopunny pretty much outspeeds the entire unscarfed meta. Plus, with Limber, you can even surprise people by not Mega Evolving immediately and soaking up T-waves as you boost.
Lopunny speed ties with Mega Manectric and is outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl.

As much as I like Healing Wish as a move I really like the idea of Substitute+Baton Pass on Mega Lopunny so that it can function as a pivot against teams that have hard counters to it, which is one of the big draws for Mega Manectric (Volt Switching out of things it can't hit)

Anyone see any possible use for Mega Steelix in OU? It has pretty impressive bulk with a spread of 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Sp Def Relaxed. While Sand Force is generally useless it does allow it to OHKO +1 Mega Tyranitar without any investment while +1 EQ barely does 50% back. Similarly it can switch in on Mega Salamence and avoid a 2HKO from Fire Blast, although Gyro Ball only barely 2HKOs and +1 EQ has a chance to 2HKO if it's Adamant. It can run a defensive Curse / Gyro Ball / Resttalk or a 252 HP / 252 Attack offensive Curse set that could potentially do some serious damage on a sand team.

M Steelix can switch in on Bisharp, Breloom, Chansey, most Clefable, Dragonite (Gyro Ball 2HKOs +1 Dnite through multiscale most of the time), Gliscor (EQ does as little as 25% lol), non-Surf Lati@s (LO Latios HP Fire 3HKOs, Gyro Ball OHKOs after SR + LO or LOx2), Magnezone, Mandibuzz, Pinsir with SR down, Scizor, Sylveon, some Thundurus, Venusaur (usually), Skarmory, and most Zapdos.

It can run a Cro set just like Slowbro but unlike Mega Slowbro it isn't as easily worn down with SR, Toxic, and Sandstorm (forcing an early rest). Unlike Mega Slowbro Steelix has a 150 BP STAB (against most things) that some teams simply aren't prepared for. I'm not saying it's better than any of the other megas or anything, just curious what everyone thinks about using Steelix in OU.

The problem with Mega Steelix is that it gets boned by most special attackers regardless, such as Keldeo, Greninja, and Landorus. Plus, adding Tyranitar or Hippowdon for sandstorm support opens a lot of double weaknesses. I don't seeing it being anywhere near B- /C+ in terms of OU viability.
Which sucks, cuz I like its design quite a lot.

Lopunny speed ties with Mega Manectric and is outsped by Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl.
Sorry, I keep forgetting about the other ORAS megas. Technically with enough investment you can outspeed Modest variants of MegaZam, but yeah. Mega Beedrill is definitely a problem for Mega Lopunny, though we can't forget Mega Beedrill's shaky relationship with priority.

252 Atk Lopunny Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 136-162 (50.1 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

All those other Megas are much more threatening just because they aren't nearly as frail, though Ice Punch completely destroys Sceptile, while Sceptile (the mixed attacker set from the googledoc) can't OHKO 252Atk / 76SpD / 176Spe Lopunny with Leaf Storm. Though I can agree that there's no way Lopunny is getting through Aero, MegaZam, or Manectric.

The problem with Mega Steelix is that it gets boned by most special attackers regardless, such as Keldeo, Greninja, and Landorus. Plus, adding Tyranitar or Hippowdon for sandstorm support opens a lot of double weaknesses. I don't seeing it being anywhere near B- /C+ in terms of OU viability.
Which sucks, cuz I like its design quite a lot.
0 Atk Steelix Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 135-159 (47.2 - 55.5%)
0 Atk Steelix Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 181-214 (63.2 - 74.8%)

0 Atk Steelix Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 106-126 (32.8 - 39%)
0 Atk Steelix Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 144-169 (44.5 - 52.3%)

0 Atk Steelix Gyro Ball (142 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 202-238 (63.3 - 74.6%)

Steelix has to switch out of them sure, but even without any sort of investment or beneficial weather it is more than capable of punishing its switch ins. I don't think it is necessarily is going to be good on sand teams but it can take advantages of them.

... I'm trying to be optimistic because I love Steelix, but it's pretty hard to find a place for this thing in OU.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mega Steelix seems like a worse Mega Aggron. While it does have its pros over Mega Aggron, namely Electric immunity, which allows it to shut down some Volt Switch users, such as Raikou and Magnezone, STAB Earthquake, and Sand Force, all those pros are nullified because it needs sand to take advantage of them (outside of checking some Electric-types). Tyranitar and Mega Steelix have terrible synergy together, not to mention that sand teams already have one Steel / Ground Pokemon, which is called Excadrill, and it's more than enough. So, Tyranitar is out of the question as a partner. Then, you have Hippowdon, which checks Electric-types better than Mega Steelix, making Mega Steelix's Electric check role redundant, and also shares a Water weakness with M-Steelix, while M-Steelix does nothing to cover Hippo's weak special side. And without sand, you are just using an inferior Mega Aggron, aside from the Electric immunity. In terms of viability ranking placement, i would put Mega Steelix in D at best, probably unranked.

Best I can figure for Steelix looking at its stats and movepool is a Dragon Tail shuffler that happens to have STAB Steel and Ground moves for the resistant Fairy and Steel types. Steelix can take quite the beating and has defensive stats comparable to Mega Aggron. Steelix is 75/230/95 defenses, Aggron is 70/230/80. Aggron has fewer weaknesses and Filter however, plus an extra 15 points in Attack. Possibly Rest in the last slot with Heal Bell support? It could potentially work, but it doesn't really seem worth it, unless you're taking advantage of the enemy's sand.

All in all it's too slow, gimmicky and dependent on too many things to function effectively. More self-sufficient megas like Manectric or Lopunny that open up plays and contribute to the team are much more viable then Mega Steelix. Even a mega like Shell Armor CalmMind Bro is better than this thing, seeing as it has good recovery, good STABs, great bulk, and you can't crit through it when it starts boosting.

Mega Steelix seems like a worse Mega Aggron. While it does have its pros over Mega Aggron, namely Electric immunity, which allows it to shut down some Volt Switch users, such as Raikou and Magnezone, STAB Earthquake, and Sand Force, all those pros are nullified because it needs sand to take advantage of them (outside of checking some Electric-types). Tyranitar and Mega Steelix have terrible synergy together, not to mention that sand teams already have one Steel / Ground Pokemon, which is called Excadrill, and it's more than enough. So, Tyranitar is out of the question as a partner. Then, you have Hippowdon, which checks Electric-types better than Mega Steelix, making Mega Steelix's Electric check role redundant, and also shares a Water weakness with M-Steelix, while M-Steelix does nothing to cover Hippo's weak special side. And without sand, you are just using an inferior Mega Aggron, aside from the Electric immunity. In terms of viability ranking placement, i would put Mega Steelix in D at best, probably unranked.
I think you're underestimating Steelix having FAR more powerful offensive movepool. Mega Aggron has at best unreliable Heavy Slam or weak Iron Head for STAB and it has a much weaker Earthquake. Obviously it pairs badly with sandstorm setters so don't use it there. Aggron has trouble switching in prior to Megavolving since it has to deal with garbage typing and things it could otherwise wall like Gliscor and Scizor could completely fuck it with the right move. Aggron is complete trash in OU but at least Steelix fixes some of Aggron's issues like low BP moves, arguably worse typing (Ground / Steel offers significantly more things to switch in on, only really fearing Water more), and better sp def.

Passive defensive mons kind of suck and M Aggron is REALLY passive. Steelix has a ton of issues too but it at least can take a bite out of its counters. Low viability in OU perhaps, but this thing is a TON better than mega Aggron.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you guys think M-Audino's stats are what it needs to make it bulky to take hits even from other megas? I'd like some feedback because I'm going to use it :)
Actually, yes. Mega Salamence, for example, cannot 2HKO a physically defensive variant reliably unless it runs Double-Edge.

252 Atk Aerilate Salamence Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 144-171 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 159-187 (38.7 - 45.6%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Aerilate Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 169-201 (41.2 - 49%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 186-219 (45.3 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

If Stealth Rock is removed, it is guaranteed to survive two hits of anything but an Adamant Double-Edge from full health! Here are a few other Megas who will have trouble breaking it as well:

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 153-180 (37.3 - 43.9%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 166-196 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Pixilate Altaria Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 153-180 (37.3 - 43.9%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Pixilate Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Audino: 153-181 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 153-181 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Audino: 141-166 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 157-186 (38.2 - 45.3%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 151-178 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (I removed Stealth Rock here because it would confuse some; Mega Gyarados will not hit twice with a +1 Waterfall before Audino can retaliate)

It looks like Audino's going to be walling most of the new Megas, which can give it a home on stall teams. Some flaws to consider:

- No recovery outside of Wish, meaning two of its moveslots are already taken.
- No offensive presence at all; easy to switch into.
- Taunt bait
- Normal type removes its Fighting resist :(

Most of those qualities are inherent flaws with Mega Audino, but you might be able to bypass the Wish thing by using it alongside Chansey and devoting Audino's moveslots to other support and coverage moves. But that might just make it even easier for offensive teams to steamroll stall. :/

A more realistic set would be physically defensive with Wish, Protect, and Dazzling Gleam. The fourth move is basically its only shot at versatility: Thunder Wave to cripple the sweepers it can't 2HKO, Heal Bell for cleric duty, Calm Mind as a win condition (with Draining Kiss over Dazzling Gleam, maybe?), and Fire Blast because you might hurt Steels or something. In any case, the 4mss is real. This is M-Audino in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Even a mega like Shell Armor CalmMind Bro is better than this thing, seeing as it has good recovery, good STABs, great bulk, and you can't crit through it when it starts boosting.
You almost make it sound like CMBroMega is bad... I watched Mega Bro in action yesterday with that set, and it was stunning the amount of bulk it had. Victini was bolt striking it and couldn't get it down as it simply resttalked. It got checked out once by magnezone, but as soon as Zone was gone, there was literally nothing that could take it on.

I don't mean that Mega Slowbro was bad. I actually think it's going to be a better CroCune, in fact.
What I was trying to say is that for most cases, there are other more viable megas to use in the mega slot for OU.

I don't mean that Mega Slowbro was bad. I actually think it's going to be a better CroCune, in fact.
What I was trying to say is that for most cases, there are other more viable megas to use in the mega slot for OU.
Talk about backhanded compliment.....I'd say Mega Slowbro is definitely up there with some of the top Megas that have been introduced in ORAS.

If you meant more viable megas then Mega Steelix then disregard what i said.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
I think you're underestimating Steelix having FAR more powerful offensive movepool. Mega Aggron has at best unreliable Heavy Slam or weak Iron Head for STAB and it has a much weaker Earthquake. Obviously it pairs badly with sandstorm setters so don't use it there. Aggron has trouble switching in prior to Megavolving since it has to deal with garbage typing and things it could otherwise wall like Gliscor and Scizor could completely fuck it with the right move. Aggron is complete trash in OU but at least Steelix fixes some of Aggron's issues like low BP moves, arguably worse typing (Ground / Steel offers significantly more things to switch in on, only really fearing Water more), and better sp def.

Passive defensive mons kind of suck and M Aggron is REALLY passive. Steelix has a ton of issues too but it at least can take a bite out of its counters. Low viability in OU perhaps, but this thing is a TON better than mega Aggron.
It sounds like you haven't used M-Aggron at all. It's not hard at all to MEvolve it, just lead with it, or bring it in with Volt-turn support, or on the plethora of Pokemon it can switch into even in its regular forme, such as Clefable, Talonflame, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and support Tyranitar. Heavy Slam is not unreliable at all and an excellent move actually, as it allows Mega Aggron to OHKO max HP / max Def+ Clefable with some Atk investment. Mega Aggron's attacking movepool is great too and not lacking in any way, with Earthquake, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Low Kick, Superpower, Stone Edge, and Aqua Tail all being great coverage options to deal with almost every single physical sweeper you want to. And, unlike Mega Steelix, Mega Aggron can check every single physical sweeper in the game at least once, except from SD Mega Charizard X and SD Mold Breaker Excadrill.

Also, poor Mega Audino, it would have been decent with Moonblast and some kind of reliable recovery, but Wish + Protect is a recipe for disaster on such a passive Pokemon that doesn't even have Leftovers.

Last edited:
Actually, yes. Mega Salamence, for example, cannot 2HKO a physically defensive variant reliably unless it runs Double-Edge.

252 Atk Aerilate Salamence Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 144-171 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 159-187 (38.7 - 45.6%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Aerilate Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 169-201 (41.2 - 49%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 186-219 (45.3 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

If Stealth Rock is removed, it is guaranteed to survive two hits of anything but an Adamant Double-Edge from full health! Here are a few other Megas who will have trouble breaking it as well:

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 153-180 (37.3 - 43.9%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 166-196 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Pixilate Altaria Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 153-180 (37.3 - 43.9%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Pixilate Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Audino: 153-181 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 153-181 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Audino: 141-166 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 157-186 (38.2 - 45.3%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Audino: 171-202 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (I removed Stealth Rock here because it would confuse some; Mega Gyarados will not hit twice with a +1 Waterfall before Audino can retaliate)

It looks like Audino's going to be walling most of the new Megas, which can give it a home on stall teams. Some flaws to consider:

- Taunt bait

Most of those qualities are inherent flaws with Mega Audino, but you might be able to bypass the Wish thing by using it alongside Chansey and devoting Audino's moveslots to other support and coverage moves. But that might just make it even easier for offensive teams to steamroll stall. :/

A more realistic set would be physically defensive with Wish, Protect, and Dazzling Gleam. The fourth move is basically its only shot at versatility: Thunder Wave to cripple the sweepers it can't 2HKO, Heal Bell for cleric duty, Calm Mind as a win condition (with Draining Kiss over Dazzling Gleam, maybe?), and Fire Blast because you might hurt Steels or something. In any case, the 4mss is real. This is M-Audino in a nutshell.
Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Wish

With base 126 defenses I'm pretty sure it can take hits pretty well thanks for the reply :)

Actually Mega Steelix pairs really well with Trick Room Regenerator Slowking or Jellicent. Both of these are great answers to Keldeo, really interesting how Jellicent in particular is immune to two of Steelix's weaknesses. Outside of these TR setters, Gyarados interestingly enough handles all of Steelix's weaknesses while Steelix is immune to Electric and can set up Sandstorm for Steelix too. A weird pairing for sure but a SpD Gyarados with Resttalk could potentially go a long way since it can absorb burns and Spore for Steelix.

+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Audino: 171-202 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (I removed Stealth Rock here because it would confuse some; Mega Gyarados will not hit twice with a +1 Waterfall before Audino can retaliate)

- Taunt bait

To wall something you need to be able to take a boosted hit and KO back.

+1 Salamence 2HKOs and survives a retaliatory hit. Even Ice Beam.

+2 Pinsir easily 2HKOs while Audino does what back... Toxic?

+1 Altaria Return 2HKOs. If it runs any sort of defensive DD set with Refresh it just sets up to +6 on you.

Gardevoir Hyper Voice 2HKOs Physically Defensive Audino which all your other calcs run. Regardless Gardevoir beats it with either WoW on the switch in or just by using Taunt / CM.

+2 Gallade Close Combat 2HKOs, or even OHKOs sometimes with SR.

+1 Gyarados has trouble breaking it, I'll give you that one. It needs Toxic to actually hurt M Gyarados though since Dazzling Gleam is a 3HKO at best while Gyarados can just DD a second time and 2HKO you.

Still it seems rather crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)