Resource ORAS OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of Mega Diance? I've had some fun using the RP set, which is pretty awesome- many teams a re prepared for Mega Diance, but not all of them are prepared for one that can Outspeed their scarfed Keldeo. My problem with it though is that it's actually quite frail in its Mega form as well as being a deadweight when Scizor is on the opposing team (I don't run HP fire) And also being able to be picked off by Azu with the least bit of prior damage. I haven't used the CM set, but I have contemplated the use of a double dance set with CM/RP/Moonblast/Diamond Storm or Earth Power. I don't know how this would work, though, since it doesn't really like giving up any more moveslots. The RP set works amazing with Magnezone/HP fire lure Kyurem-B, which can weaken Ferro and, hopefully, get rid of Scizor. I honestly also just like the RP set because it has more power, being able to fully invest in special attack as well as use a rash nature, and you can invest a little more in attack.
The RP set is pretty good, but the CM set is pretty average in terms of how good it is in the current Meta. With offense being so dominant right now, RP and the Protect set is the best ones you can run right now. The fat teams Calm Mind breaks aren't just common enough.

A double dance set is really subpar as it needs as many slots it can get to be as effective as it can be.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here's a rachi set I've been messing around with a little on offensive builds recently:

Jirachi @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

Potential options: T-wave, Fire Punch, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Icy Wind

Its a kinda fast take on the pivot set and I'm personally enjoying the utility it brings to offense as a form or role compression. With those EVs it outpaces jolly Hoopa-U/Altaria and up (although if you're running T-wave you should shift 8 SpD EVs into speed to creep unboosted gyara and para it before it can do anything) while being more efficient than a careful spread (this one happens to hit a jump point in speed while meeting the same SpD benchmark, which means that you can beat other mons that creep the basse 80 benchmark). The utility of this set of four moves is actually pretty sweet for offense as it provides four tools that the archetype absolutely adores due to it allowing for chip damage with Stealth Rock, extra damage with Iron Head's insane flinch rate (mfw SS's gliscor escaped its wrath on the last turn it had the chance to), U-turn's amazing utility as a momentum-grabber and HW as both a momentum grabber and a free heal for something, allowing for much more aggressive play. Colbur Berry is pretty sweet on Rachi in general because when it flinches shit to death people often try to trap it with Bisharp, which Colbur eases prediction v.s. by just allowing it to click U-turn with impunity, and I've been pairing it with Duggy who takes advantage of its ability to lure both Pursuit users and Heatran and take them out with ease.

If u have trouble with Scizor then feel free to run Fire Punch, if you struggle with Seismi/Gastro and Azumarill go ahead and carry Energy Ball (GK is more for hippo). Icy Wind helps out v.s. Lando and Chomper, who tend to like to come in on Rachi to get helmet (+rough skin for garchomp) chip damage. Just know that these all involve sacrificing on of U-turn or Healing Wish, which is pretty big on a lot of teams.

The meta has shifted to a heavy offense / bulky offense style that takes advantage of the inability to check every pokemon in oras. It's a lot more interesting though, since players are forced to strategically play around huge threats and also because safe plays aren't really 'safe' since 1 mistake/free turn for your opponent could be the difference between winning and losing. While that's true for any meta, its excessively inflated in oras because of the power/speed creep. With more time the meta should grow more diverse and will undoubtedly outgrow the cookie cutter rocky helmet chomp offense.

I would say assault vest metagross is a bit more valuable to offensive teams than choice scarf jirachi, because it's able to compress an additional role of a pursuit trapper. Reliably and effectively trapping and KOing latios, latias, and electric-types (to some extent/some games), and still being able to check things like clefable, azumarill, gardevoir, and weavile is really what sets it apart from other steels. Latios and Latias will be invaluable in 8/10 games because of their speed/power/utility/ability to check things like char-y/keldeo/manaphy; removing either Latios/Latias would significantly increase your chances of winning most games. Like Jirachi, it also struggles with landorus/garchomp and it doesn't have the luxury of outspeeding things like weavile/gardevoir; which isn't too bad since it can just use bullet punch to KO both after stealth rocks and a little residual damage.
Latios is on nearly every team i make because of just how much it is a value pick for bo right now. Being a fast dragon with recovery and hazard removal all wrapped up with offensive presence. Its one of those blanket checks for alot of stuff like jirachi. It can cover your charizard-y, keldeo, and manaphy just to name a few important ones. If you don't need defog for your team, say on a hazard stack, then that last move can be opened up for coverage. Namely hp fire for zor and ferro, eq for a tran lure among others. Really solid pokemon right now

The stall test post was locked so I'll ask here!

What replaces Goth on stall?

Anybody have any samples?

What's a good win con for stall now? Previously trapping their bulkier pokemon was the way to go, now I found myself playing for 20 minutes with no end in sight

The stall test post was locked so I'll ask here!

What replaces Goth on stall?

Anybody have any samples?

What's a good win con for stall now? Previously trapping their bulkier pokemon was the way to go, now I found myself playing for 20 minutes with no end in sight
It depends ob what you were using Gothitele for if it was for opposing stall mew works, if it was to combat set up sweepers use clefable but I'd have to see the team

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I've been liking Moxie Gyarados a lot lately, normally paired with Spikes and some stuff to break things like Skarmory and Klefki. Most times it's Magnezones but other times it might a combination of things. As far as Moxie goes I've been liking the set Mcmeghan showed in creative sets thread with RestoChesto or just a simple 3 attacks / DDance set.

I find Char-X to be kind of disappointing these days with all the Lando-T and sand going around here and there. It seems overloaded to me and normally I much rather opt for a mega slot where I won't have too mandate hazard removal or at least something that isn't too bothered by Stealth Rock.

Torn-T is still a brainless mon hahahaha.

There's a question I have on Torn: just how likely is it that a Hurricane miss actually will screw you over (not necessarily even costing you a game)?

There's a question I have on Torn: just how likely is it that a Hurricane miss actually will screw you over (not necessarily even costing you a game)?
Depends on how you play the game imo. I suggest never let hurricane be your only option to hit a mon for super effective or to knock it out. Hurricane should be used as an attack to throw out while you can to do a lot of damage. Because for a good amount of the time, it will screw you over one way or another. Pair hurricane with other mons that can do the job as well with accurate moves. If you can play the game without risking hurricane go for it, otherwise just hope for the best.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This is a bit random but i wanted to bring up a pokemon thats pretty underrated in this meta since it deals with most people thinking of an old outdated set

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch/ Mach Punch/ Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

this thing owns a lot of bulkier teams that lack pokemon like mega sab or mega venu, The first move can go one of three ways Drain Punch to increase your staying power, Mach Punch to revenge stuff or if your team is weak to bish/weavile, or superpower to make yourself a one time nuke. The rest of the moves are pretty simple you have thunderpunch to smack bulky waters and also hit skarm really hard, Ice punch hits incoming lando-t and garchomp which are most teams switch in. And finally poison jab to hit fairies like clef and the rare sylveon.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 221-263 (56 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 387-458 (100.7 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 520-614 (123.8 - 146.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 338-400 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

with rocks: -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 338-400 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 226-268 (53.8 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 359-424 (91.1 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO clef cant switch in or ohko you back

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 333-393 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

with rocks: 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 333-393 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

conks biggest issue is its really fucking slow but with the given evs it outspeeds skarm and azus running enough speed to outspeed skarm. Overall conk is a very underrated mon rn with most of teams switch ins getting smacked by one of its coverage moves.

This is a bit random but i wanted to bring up a pokemon thats pretty underrated in this meta since it deals with most people thinking of an old outdated set

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch/ Mach Punch/ Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

this thing owns a lot of bulkier teams that lack pokemon like mega sab or mega venu, The first move can go one of three ways Drain Punch to increase your staying power, Mach Punch to revenge stuff or if your team is weak to bish/weavile, or superpower to make yourself a one time nuke. The rest of the moves are pretty simple you have thunderpunch to smack bulky waters and also hit skarm really hard, Ice punch hits incoming lando-t and garchomp which are most teams switch in. And finally poison jab to hit fairies like clef and the rare sylveon.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 221-263 (56 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 387-458 (100.7 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 520-614 (123.8 - 146.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 338-400 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

with rocks: -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 338-400 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 226-268 (53.8 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 359-424 (91.1 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO clef cant switch in or ohko you back

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 333-393 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

with rocks: 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 333-393 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

conks biggest issue is its really fucking slow but with the given evs it outspeeds skarm and azus running enough speed to outspeed skarm. Overall conk is a very underrated mon rn with most of teams switch ins getting smacked by one of its coverage moves.
Interesting.
I've used AV Guts Conks these days,it works out well as a special tank especially a Scald absorber.
Your LO Sheer Force Conkeldurr can run 3 moves at 1.69x base power without LO side-effect(well in my memory SF can ban the recoil of LO,I hadn't use it in Gen6),a great idea honestly.

I have used this kind of Gengar and it works well on breaking stall.

Well,mobile phone here,just imagine there is an avatar of Gengar.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
- Substitute/Taunt
- Hex

Substitute and Taunt can both shut down opposing status moves.Substitute is for Gengar's embarrassing speed nowadays,allowing it to scout a switching into a faster threat,like Zam,Starmie and scarfmons,also scout Scarfmons' move.While Taunt can shut down boosting moves,Recover and Stealth Rock.
Taunt + Will-O-Wisp proved a good combination to inflate your opponent's defensive core,by Talonflame.But walled by Heatran,so I added Trick.
Tricking Black Sludge is your final resolution to the walls doesn't suffer from WoW + Hex.Heatran and Chansey are the key targets.A Heatran/Chansey with Black Sludge will soon worn out.
Taunt/Subs provides switch-ins against Clefable and Chansey,only if you are not T-Waved on your switching turn.
This Gengar is well-walled by Mega-Sableye,like WoW+Taunt Talonflame.Destiny Bond may works.
An offensive EV set is just my personal habit,an Max HP set might be better,idk.

Last edited:
In other news, has anyone found a different Mandibuzz spread not EV'd for Landorus-I?

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
Mandibuzz can generally get away with running a fully defensive 244+ Def spread now, as it does enjoy the added bulk on the side it tends to take most of its hits from. However, the old spread is still valid as it makes Gengars LO Sludge Wave a guaranteed 3HKO, allowing you to practically counter it, which is a pretty difficult thing to do and is therefore valuable for a lot of teams. I'd also run Toxic or Knock Off over Whirlwind on most teams. Toxic/KO snipes a lot of switch-ins like Keldeo and Azumaril and the former allows you to completely destroy common rock setters like Hippo, Chomp and Lando. A common occurence for me in games is to lead Mandi and cripple one of those rock setter leads with Toxic, Defogging as they switch out. If you are interested in going full phys, this is the set I use:

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Toxic / Knock Off (switch to Impish)
- Defog
- Roost

What other spreads can Charizard Y run besides the Wall-breaker spread? He looks like a pretty solid mon but usually teams set around him are pretty all the same and generic.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
What other spreads can Charizard Y run besides the Wall-breaker spread? He looks like a pretty solid mon but usually teams set around him are pretty all the same and generic.
Zard-Y doesn't really have any viable sets except the usual wallbreaker set. Wisp Zard Y was a thing earlier in ORAS as it can cripple checks such as TTar, Lati@s and Mega Altaria, but it honestly is just a mediocre set. Max HP, enough speed to outspeed whatever your team needs and the other EVs in SpA / Def is what it ran iirc.

My goodness is this mon incredible. I saw people talking about it somewhere, I believe the viablity rankings, and I had to try it out for myself. Now, I don't usually play balance, but I threw together a quick balance team, using a defensive backbone of AV tangrowth (Best set imo), SpDef tran, and the standard rotom-wash set. Those three worked impeccably. Tangrowth found its way into battle more times than not; and it really was great at luring threats. People think their heatran can switch in just fine? Nail it with an earthquake. People find talonflame a good switchin? OHKO with rock slide. Ferrothorn and scizor wanna come in? HP Fire.

It just checks so much! A quick list of what it switches into: Rotom (While it doesn't love being burned because it carries some physical moves sometimes, it can tank any hit), Garchomp, hippowdon, landorus, and gliscor (I ran HP Ice to kill those that shrugged off leaf storms) Manaphy (+3 252 SpA Manaphy Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, while leaf storm OHKOs manaphy after rocks in return) Mega diancie (moonblast is a possible 3HKO, while leaf storm kills from full 100% of the time) Breloom, sand offense as a whole, mega gyarados (Ice fang does not 2HKO) specs keldeo, fast electrics (Mega man's flamethrower is a 3HKO!!) slowbro, starmie, and tyranitar. Well, I'm realizing now that this is NOT a quick list, but that's alright.

What are your thoughts on tangrowth? I think it's incredibly versatile and can work very well at luring certain mons with whatever moves you choose to give it.

My goodness is this mon incredible. I saw people talking about it somewhere, I believe the viablity rankings, and I had to try it out for myself. Now, I don't usually play balance, but I threw together a quick balance team, using a defensive backbone of AV tangrowth (Best set imo), SpDef tran, and the standard rotom-wash set. Those three worked impeccably. Tangrowth found its way into battle more times than not; and it really was great at luring threats. People think their heatran can switch in just fine? Nail it with an earthquake. People find talonflame a good switchin? OHKO with rock slide. Ferrothorn and scizor wanna come in? HP Fire.

It just checks so much! A quick list of what it switches into: Rotom (While it doesn't love being burned because it carries some physical moves sometimes, it can tank any hit), Garchomp, hippowdon, landorus, and gliscor (I ran HP Ice to kill those that shrugged off leaf storms) Manaphy (+3 252 SpA Manaphy Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, while leaf storm OHKOs manaphy after rocks in return) Mega diancie (moonblast is a possible 3HKO, while leaf storm kills from full 100% of the time) Breloom, sand offense as a whole, mega gyarados (Ice fang does not 2HKO) specs keldeo, fast electrics (Mega man's flamethrower is a 3HKO!!) slowbro, starmie, and tyranitar. Well, I'm realizing now that this is NOT a quick list, but that's alright.

What are your thoughts on tangrowth? I think it's incredibly versatile and can work very well at luring certain mons with whatever moves you choose to give it.
This thing is incredible just pair it with megazard x (wisp or dd) , something for talonflame and sit back and watch the fun. Its even better in the fact it gets knock off.

You might need a good fairy check tho for Gardevoir

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Believe it or not i like reading metagame discussion threads that say something productive. Deleted some one liners that didnt do that which i might do in the future.

Yeah, tangrowth is pretty awesome. Half the reason I use it is to switch into manaphy as it tail glows and OHKO back with leaf storm. One thing that I don't exactly like about it is that it's really, really weak against things it can't hit super effectively or with leaf storm. Still, a solid pokemon to use on BO.

Anyway, I have something of a question here. What do you guys think of CB Hoopa-U VS Standard LO Hoopa-U? They're both good, but I've been liking CB for its ability to OHKO mons like serp without a super effective hit. Then again, If it lacks Ice Punch Lando-T can just switch in and grab free momentum. I've been using it with a Lando-T+Mega Manectric, because as most of us know Voltturn is an awesome way to support hoopa-U. I also wanted to ask in Knock Off is viable to use over Hyperspace fury. Probably not, but could I maybe use it over another move on its set?

Hoopa-U can use knock off but really I would say hyperspace is best almost always. Unless you're trying to knock off something like clef's lefties? Still, there's no reason not to just gunk shot it in that situation.

Dark pulse is plenty viable as well, able to 2HKO defensive landorus, TankChomp, Hippowdon, SpDef skarmory, and a bunch more I'm forgetting. I tend to run my hoopa favoring the special side of offense, usually my only physical moves I would use are drain punch or gunk shot. Otherwise I find HP ice, dark pulse, Psyshock, grass knot, and thunderbolt to all be effective and viable moves on hoopa.

I can attest to how good hoopa is on Volturn (is there one T or two?) as well. Even paired with mega lopunny with baton pass, that's a pretty cool combo I saw somewhere that works quite well

My question is, why am I only seeing Heart Stamp Jirachi now on the tier? I've took breaks from the laddering, but I've never seen this chap until now and it was released in August. Did some let's player go crazy on it or something? And props to the first person to legitimise the set, because I think Heart Stamp is way better in terms of stalling like a mad man than Zen Headbutt. Like imagine Iron Head/Heart Stamp/Toxic/T-Wave or Iron Head/Heart Stamp/Toxic or T-Wave/Sub - these are both ironclad win-cons without too much effort, and I'm really not sure why it took so long for Heart Stamp to get the attention it deserves. Please, quote me if you respond directly to this, so much easier when I get the alert to look in this thread.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My question is, why am I only seeing Heart Stamp Jirachi now on the tier? I've took breaks from the laddering, but I've never seen this chap until now and it was released in August. Did some let's player go crazy on it or something? And props to the first person to legitimise the set, because I think Heart Stamp is way better in terms of stalling like a mad man than Zen Headbutt. Like imagine Iron Head/Heart Stamp/Toxic/T-Wave or Iron Head/Heart Stamp/Toxic or T-Wave/Sub - these are both ironclad win-cons without too much effort, and I'm really not sure why it took so long for Heart Stamp to get the attention it deserves. Please, quote me if you respond directly to this, so much easier when I get the alert to look in this thread.
I believe it became more popular after theheatedmo started using it in the UCL, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm sure you're correct, as I alluded to I'm never 100% up to date on the current trends. Still, it's a hugely beneficial change to the core set (at least IMO, despite the base power change from Zen Headbutt) and had I even realised it was a thing in August I would have probably tried a team with it (and eaten up the meta, as I'm sure most people would have done if they'd tried the same - or if "eaten up" is too strong a word I think someone could have definitely reached top ladder OU material through the unexpected innovation).

Thanks for satisfying my curiousity, these sets always come from somewhere.

Yeah, tangrowth is pretty awesome. Half the reason I use it is to switch into manaphy as it tail glows and OHKO back with leaf storm. One thing that I don't exactly like about it is that it's really, really weak against things it can't hit super effectively or with leaf storm. Still, a solid pokemon to use on BO.

Anyway, I have something of a question here. What do you guys think of CB Hoopa-U VS Standard LO Hoopa-U? They're both good, but I've been liking CB for its ability to OHKO mons like serp without a super effective hit. Then again, If it lacks Ice Punch Lando-T can just switch in and grab free momentum. I've been using it with a Lando-T+Mega Manectric, because as most of us know Voltturn is an awesome way to support hoopa-U. I also wanted to ask in Knock Off is viable to use over Hyperspace fury. Probably not, but could I maybe use it over another move on its set?
Physically Attacking Hoopa-U suffers from Rocky Helmet(well it doesn't affect Hyperspace Fury,so not that important - thanks Thatwackycruton ),Intimidate,Scald and WoW Burning,hard to pass bulky Ground/Steel like Hippowdon,Lando-T,Skarmory,Mega-Scizor.While specially ones habe problem with Chansey.
However,both sets of Hoopa's biggest threats are Fairy-Types and other Dark-Types,Foul Play OHKO any sets of Hoopa-U,Pursuit T-Tar and Weavile leave it no hope,and they resist its 2 STAB moves.Drain Punch is a more reliable move than Focus Blast.The only way to pass a Fairy-Type is Gunk Shot,which is a physical move.This two threats are easier to overcome by physical sets than the LO special biased mix sets.
And though the metagame has more physical walls and tanks than special ones,none of them handles Hyperspace Fury without a frown - except Mandibuzz,which handles any sets of Hoopa.While Chansey answers Dark Pulse with ease,brings special Hoopa-U a pressure to predict.

Last edited:
Physically Attacking Hoopa-U suffers from Rocky Helmet,Intimidate,Scald and WoW Burning,hard to pass bulky Ground/Steel like Hippowdon,Lando-T,Skarmory,Mega-Scizor.While specially ones habe problem with Chansey.
However,both sets of Hoopa's biggest threats are Fairy-Types and other Dark-Types,Foul Play OHKO any sets of Hoopa-U,Pursuit T-Tar and Weavile leave it no hope,and they resist its 2 STAB moves.Drain Punch is a more reliable move than Focus Blast.The only way to pass a Fairy-Type is Gunk Shot,which is a physical move.This two threats are easier to overcome by physical sets than the LO special biased mix sets.
And though the metagame has more physical walls and tanks than special ones,none of them handles Hyperspace Fury without a frown - except Mandibuzz,which handles any sets of Hoopa.While Chansey answers Dark Pulse with ease,brings special Hoopa-U a pressure to predict.
IF you really don't want to use gunk shot hoopa, psyshock with max satk investment can break through classic clefable, azumarill, and deals great damages also to mega gardevoir which is anyways faster and damaged by hoopa's dark stab. I really like psyshock on specially based set cause it doesn't force you to run atk investments while giving you the ability to destroy fairys and things like tornadus-t with a spammable stab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)