ORAS OU ORAS OU: Rise of the Supercomputer

Firstly built this team around Metagross-mega.
It's main purpose is to ultimately sweep late game or set up for Clefable to sweep.
I've had a lot of fun with this team.
Anyway, lets get into this team.
Enjoy..

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

This spread allows you to set up on Greninja baring it isn't the Gunk Shot variety..
Pretty self explanatory, use Metagross to get rid of checks like Venusaur-mega, trans & other bothers. Then set up using Cm and it should be smooth sailing.
Also Clefable ultimately helps you beat stall as the team might not fair well against otherwise.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Defog

By far still my favorite hazard remover.
Super bulky, allowing me to switch into Keldeo taking status easily & still being able to retaliate on the back end.
Healing wish for late game, draco and psyshock for breaking and getting prior damage for Clef or Meta to sweep later on.
Pretty simple, but really does its job well.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Still proving to be a very good pokemon in this Oras generation.
Really here to help neuter physical threats and keep the birds etc.. at bay.
Typically willo- first take a hit, pain split up etc.
Works quite well and the spread is pretty standard.
I've tested a slower volt switch number as well investing a little more into defense..
Kind of helped me fair more against Mence-Mega.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 186 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

My rock setter/primary Azumarill switch in.
I kinda try and keep Metagross fairly healthy thru the game so the less I can switch it in the better I've found the result to be later game.
The spdef spread is to help live a boosted Ice Beam from Manaphy.
Pretty standard spread as far as gyro,protect, seeds go.
Which really have found to work out great right now with all of the Megas being really fast.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Revenge killer/ intimidate dweller.
He works very well on this team giving me the ability to turn into either my sweeper/defogger/ or my rock setter.
Also doesn't hurt he counters all the other Scarf Lando's running around right now.

Last but not least......

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

One of my favorites to use thus far, not insanely broken.. and still fun to use.
It got this massive speed boost giving it 110 base speed, which is amazing as you now have the ability to speed tie keldeo and kill with Zen.
Not to mention the fact it can take a Eq fairly easy from a Lando T baring it's not Adamant.
Really just an overall a great pokemon not much more to say.
Usually try and abuse Meteor mash for boosts & spam bullet punch depending on my match up.
Again as I stated up top, really goes back and forth between Clefable and Metagross really helping each other out to sweep mid-late game.

Shout outs to no one, because my friends are bad.
Just kidding.

Valentine : cos he insists on stealing all my teams and criticizing me. jk fren :]
Sinclair : because he was the first one I saw use Metagross successfully and made me want to try it.

WECAMEASROMANS : because he asked for it.
Zamrock : for helping test.
scotti : because
I'm open to suggestions, so please feel free to express them down below.
:]

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 186 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Defog

Last edited:
Hey, pretty good team. The only thing i see right now is that Ferrothorn is a liability due to magnet pull + mence so I'd replace it with Skarmory.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Good luck with your team!

If you run skarmory, you have two defoggers on a team, which doesn't make sense, so you should probably replace defog on skarmory with stealth rocks, and brave bird with counter.
So:

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Roost
- Counter
- Whirlwind

Just a small minor nitpick, but Stone Edge on Landorus-T should probably be replaced by rock slide, as it's more accurate and hits the same stuff hard enough.
This is a really cool ORAS Team that uses mega metagross. Good luck :)
also this is my first rate for an ORAS team so yay!

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Fingers isn't ur entire team just walled by mvenu+defensive mandibuzz?
Perhaps explosion on lando-t cud help to catch one of those off guard,,

Hi! Your team is really nice, Metagross is my second favourite mon and I'm eager to see it become an OU staple. However, I have a couple of recommendations for you:

1. I'm assuming you've already replaced Ferrothorn with Shed Shell Skarmory (as others have rightly pointed out) or perhaps Specially Defensive Heatran; this helps deal with physically bulky mons like Ferrothorn, M-Scizor, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, etc. which are otherwise a major threat to M-Metagross, and by extension, to your entire team. While your Rotom-W can handle some of these, it puts incredible defensive pressure on it and it will inevitable get worn down. I suggest you try:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar/Taunt

2. This is a quibble, but your Clefable is running 252 HP / 164 Defense / 92 SpDef. It should be running 252 HP / 160 Defense / 96 SpDef. You might ask what the 4 evs do, but 96 SpDef is crucial to avoid the 2hko from Greninja's Hydro Pump.

3. You seem to be running maximum special attack on Latias, which is a waste of potential. I feel an alternate spread of 72 HP / 184 SpAtk /252 Speed or even 160 HP / 96 SpAtk / 252 Speed to be more viable. The former ensures an OHKO on Landorus with Draco Meteor and the latter, more bulky spread ensures that Life Orb Thundurus never 2HKOs with HP Ice. Both HP EV spreads are also Life Orb numbers, ensuring eleven potential strikes.

4. Also, Psyshock seems rendundant on Latias when M-Metagross with Zen Headbutt already handles most threats that need it. I recommend Thunderbolt or even HP Fighting, as the one provides wider coverage whilst the other specifically nails Bisharp and Tyranitar on the switch. You might even consider switching to Latios if you really want a much more offensive defogger at the cost of Healing Wish.

5. Bisharp ruins almost your entire team, except for Rotom-W, which can manage to burn it. If Rotom is removed, however, none of your team can stand up to it; in fact, Landorus-T and Latias invite Defiant boosts. Perhaps you should consider using Choice Specs Keldeo. I suggest:

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Flying

This will be easily able to handle any Bisharp, while also adding some serious power to your team. However, you might have to decide which team member to replace with Keldeo based on your needs, if and when you decide to do so.

That's all, thanks for reading the long reply. I hope I was of some help to you. Wish you all the best!

Last edited:
Your team is pretty solid, however, clearly shows that he does not suffer so much with Stealth Rock not being necessary to use the Latias with Defog, instead I suggest you use Choice Scarf Latias and with this change the Landorus-T to a Moveset with Swords Dance Rock Polish.

Reason: with the entry of Choice Scarf Latias you will have a Revenge Killer who will be able to handle things like Mega Salamence, Charizard Mega, among other things that are extremely strong and can become major threats still from the moment that have access to Dragon Dance, secondly you can still use the Healing Wish to bring the Landorus-T or Metagross back in the game as his win condition, ending you have Trick that can be quite useful surprising some things and mostly defensive teams that surely will have their space in ORAS at some point.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Landorus-T with Swords Dance + Rock Polish will bring another win condition for your team and enter at the end of the game and taking the opponent's entire team, plus it is more bulky than the version with Choice Scarf can be useful at some point you need to hold some kind of scam to get win.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I also suggest a slight change, change Earthquake by Hammer Arm on your Metagross, that allow you to win more easily because your team you can't give him anything OHKO and he gets free shifts in many things from your team and may play Stealth Rock or Leech Seed.

Hi! Your team is really nice, Metagross is my second favourite mon and I'm eager to see it become an OU staple. However, I have a couple of recommendations for you:

1. I'm assuming you've already replaced Ferrothorn with Shed Shell Skarmory (as others have rightly pointed out) or perhaps Specially Defensive Heatran; this helps deal with physically bulky mons like Ferrothorn, M-Scizor, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, etc. which are otherwise a major threat to M-Metagross, and by extension, to your entire team. While your Rotom-W can handle some of these, it puts incredible defensive pressure on it and it will inevitable get worn down. I suggest you try:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar/Taunt

2. This is a quibble, but your Clefable is running 252 HP / 164 Defense / 92 SpDef. It should be running 252 HP / 160 Defense / 96 SpDef. You might ask what the 4 evs do, but 96 SpDef is crucial to avoid the 2hko from Greninja's Hydro Pump.

3. You seem to be running maximum special attack on Latias, which is a waste of potential. I feel an alternate spread of 72 HP / 184 SpAtk /252 Speed or even 160 HP / 96 SpAtk / 252 Speed to be more viable. The former ensures an OHKO on Landorus with Draco Meteor and the latter, more bulky spread ensures that Life Orb Thundurus never 2HKOs with HP Ice. Both HP EV spreads are also Life Orb numbers, ensuring eleven potential strikes.

4. Also, Psyshock seems rendundant on Latias when M-Metagross with Zen Headbutt already handles most threats that need it. I recommend Thunderbolt or even HP Fighting, as the one provides wider coverage whilst the other specifically nails Bisharp and Tyranitar on the switch. You might even consider switching to Latios if you really want a much more offensive defogger at the cost of Healing Wish.

5. Bisharp ruins almost your entire team, except for Rotom-W, which can manage to burn it. If Rotom is removed, however, none of your team can stand up to it; in fact, Landorus-T and Latias invite Defiant boosts. Perhaps you should consider using Choice Specs Keldeo. I suggest:

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Flying

This will be easily able to handle any Bisharp, while also adding some serious power to your team. However, you might have to decide which team member to replace with Keldeo based on your needs, if and when you decide to do so.

That's all, thanks for reading the long reply. I hope I was of some help to you. Wish you all the best!
I typically run the 72 hp...
As it allows me to live 2 of Keldeo's secret swords after rocks... Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the super late reply.

Sure, glad I could help, if belatedly. And of course, the Clefable EVs are now obsolete in ORAS since every Greninja runs Gunk Shot. Full physical might be better, as well as trying Latios instead of latias for the extra power.

Sure, glad I could help, if belatedly. And of course, the Clefable EVs are now obsolete in ORAS since every Greninja runs Gunk Shot. Full physical might be better, as well as trying Latios instead of latias for the extra power.
yeah ty. i tried this team today and actually still isnt half bad tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)