ORAS OU Role Compendium v2

Manaphy should be a wallbreaker. If people disagree, read this:
http://www.smogon.com/articles/wallbreakers-in-ou
The distinction between wallbreaker and stallbreaker is arbitrary at best, although Manaphy's use of Rain Dance to dedge status is what allows it to stallbreak. Things that dodge status and passive damage through whatever means (Heal Bell, Taunt as other examples) are generally considered stallbreakers.

p2

Banned deucer.
i did stuff, basically filtered out more dogshit mons, also added rules/guidelines but i guess aren't really needed given that this thread has remained pretty civil, but they're there now, only a year late.

i would also like to reorder stuff in terms of viability, but it's such a hassle to do, and given that the VR is already a thing, I don't think it's particularly needed.

have at it

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
luke can run np sets so that should probably be added under nasty plot esp since you listed it as a vacuum wave user.

mgarde can also run healing wish so you could potentially put that there (i guess it depends on how viable you think it is)

suicide lead skarm is realllllly bad it gets 100% shut down by mega sableye and any team with heatran. im questioning mew being listed there as well. Suicide lead mamo is another really questionable set. I would much rather run rocks life orb mamo instead. Terrakion has better things to do than act as a suicide lead. The same can be said for ttar. quite honestly the only rocks suicide lead i would ever even consider using is azelf most of the others are terribly outclassed.

sr diancie is really terrible giving up protect sucks i dont think it should be listed. Its not like its hard to fit another rocks setter and i would rather change the rest of my team than use such an awful set.

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd take Mega Diancie out of other setup. Never have I seen a Mega Diancie successfully use sharpen without getting ko'd the same turn or benefitting from it very much after setup.

^^@hailfall SR Diancie typically is on MagTrap w/ the physically biased set so it doesn't give up tect, it's a p good option honestly having a rocker that's not clef being able to get up rocks vs sableye tho heavily team dependent so i can see what you mean

Can Gliscor be taken out of agility? It's been ages since agilipass scor was a thing & i don't see it's merit beyond that :B

Also Zapdos under offensive/defensive pivot pls? It's gud in being able to pivot into birds/steels & other things not strong enough to 2hko depending on the set, while electric ice coverage/heat wave letting it be able to threaten out a good chunk of things. Volt switch (gag) is also usable

Last edited:
What is the point of having a section called "Unviable Megas" please remove it.

Mega Sableye isnt great but it can viably run a Calm Mind set, as can Mega Diancie to an extent.
Don't think anyone is running Suicide Lead Mew
Remove Kabutops from hazard removal

Maybe move Mega Abomasnow from Unviable to Niche? Idk, i just don't think its absolutely garbage in OU.

Add Cofagrigus to Physical Walls. Cofag has proven itself as a good switch in and check to a lot of physical attackers, such as Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham.

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Although it's kind of niche, you could probably make a baton pass section. Mew, Celebi and Scolipede can all utilize the move pretty well. I also think Empoleon under hazard removal, Gliscor and Regular Garchomp under sand abusers (sand veil is rare but its a thing), Toxicroak off of rain abusers, Hydreigon under specs, and Infernape under stealth rock users, both nasty plot and sd, and suicide leads would all be reasonable.

add tornadus-t to mixed wallbreakers, as life orb sometimes runs superpower to deal with tyranitar, heatran, and chansey

also mega ampharos is garbage lmao.

move mega houndoom to unviable. tbh just use zardy

either remove clefable from healing wishers or add mega gardevoir. i've never seen healing

add thundurus-t to nasty plotters

get rid of pup azumarill, bd and band are better in pretty much every way

also add latios and hydreigon under specs users

Last edited:
> Physical and Mixed wall
He can stops a lot of threats without ice move like M-Diancie, M-Lopunny, M-Medicham, and Tyranitar.

> Spikes and Toxic Spikes user
Can be good at this role due to his ability to checks Keldeo and Azumarill.

> Choice Scarf user
He can be very effective against offensive teams. So I propose it.

> Choice Specs user
Specs KB is increasingly used right now and is quite good. So why not.

> Rain setter
Prankster with the Damp Rock make him a good Rain setter

p2

Banned deucer.
update time

luke can run np sets so that should probably be added under nasty plot esp since you listed it as a vacuum wave user.

mgarde can also run healing wish so you could potentially put that there (i guess it depends on how viable you think it is)

suicide lead skarm is realllllly bad it gets 100% shut down by mega sableye and any team with heatran. im questioning mew being listed there as well. Suicide lead mamo is another really questionable set. I would much rather run rocks life orb mamo instead. Terrakion has better things to do than act as a suicide lead. The same can be said for ttar. quite honestly the only rocks suicide lead i would ever even consider using is azelf most of the others are terribly outclassed.

sr diancie is really terrible giving up protect sucks i dont think it should be listed. Its not like its hard to fit another rocks setter and i would rather change the rest of my team than use such an awful set.
did most of these, suicide leads are dix and given that lop seems to be more prevalent than ever makes them a really shitty choice. ive reduced this to azelf/chomper/scoli. sr diancie is fine, no opinion on hwish gard so im not gonna add

I'd take Mega Diancie out of other setup. Never have I seen a Mega Diancie successfully use sharpen without getting ko'd the same turn or benefitting from it very much after setup.
sharpen is fine, hard to use but it does what it does when it nets the boost tbh. idt its too horrible

^^@hailfall SR Diancie typically is on MagTrap w/ the physically biased set so it doesn't give up tect, it's a p good option honestly having a rocker that's not clef being able to get up rocks vs sableye tho heavily team dependent so i can see what you mean

Can Gliscor be taken out of agility? It's been ages since agilipass scor was a thing & i don't see it's merit beyond that :B

Also Zapdos under offensive/defensive pivot pls? It's gud in being able to pivot into birds/steels & other things not strong enough to 2hko depending on the set, while electric ice coverage/heat wave letting it be able to threaten out a good chunk of things. Volt switch (gag) is also usable
ye

Add Victini to Choice Scarf users
victini is a horrible scarfer and borderline absolute dogshit mon in ou so id rather not

Maybe move Mega Abomasnow from Unviable to Niche? Idk, i just don't think its absolutely garbage in OU.

Add Cofagrigus to Physical Walls. Cofag has proven itself as a good switch in and check to a lot of physical attackers, such as Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham.
sure on cofag, no on aboma.

Move Mega-Ampharos to Niche, it's definitely not an Unviable mega.
amphy is horrible and if you need me to elaborate i will easily will. but the tldr version is that it has no place in the meta when the meta is run by clef, ground types, and faster/stronger dragons.

Although it's kind of niche, you could probably make a baton pass section. Mew, Celebi and Scolipede can all utilize the move pretty well. I also think Empoleon under hazard removal, Gliscor and Regular Garchomp under sand abusers (sand veil is rare but its a thing), Toxicroak off of rain abusers, Hydreigon under specs, and Infernape under stealth rock users, both nasty plot and sd, and suicide leads would all be reasonable.
Passers is slashed aside Setup Sweepers fwiw.
sd nape sucks and so does suicide lead but im fine with adding np. np is far more threatening for defensive teams to face since it obliterates slow stuff at +2 so easily, sd has more issues.

add tornadus-t to mixed wallbreakers, as life orb sometimes runs superpower to deal with tyranitar, heatran, and chansey

also mega ampharos is garbage lmao.

move mega houndoom to unviable. tbh just use zardy

either remove clefable from healing wishers or add mega gardevoir. i've never seen healing

add thundurus-t to nasty plotters

get rid of pup azumarill, bd and band are better in pretty much every way

also add latios and hydreigon under specs users
did most of these, houndoom is ok, genuinely better than some of the dogshit unviable stuff

> Physical and Mixed wall
He can stops a lot of threats without ice move like M-Diancie, M-Lopunny, M-Medicham, and Tyranitar.

> Spikes and Toxic Spikes user
Can be good at this role due to his ability to checks Keldeo and Azumarill.

> Choice Scarf user
He can be very effective against offensive teams. So I propose it.

> Choice Specs user
Specs KB is increasingly used right now and is quite good. So why not.

> Rain setter
Prankster with the Damp Rock make him a good Rain setter
sure w/ glisc and klef

roserade is horrible, ditto is horrible and specs kyu-b is outclassed by reg kyurem.
Why is ttar the only animated sprite it makes me think I'm going insane
ttar is top1

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
upload_2016-9-27_20-55-0.png (found this on my pc, so it counts :p)
Since you already added np nape, you should add Nape to stallbreakers since +2 Nape actually smashes through virtually every stall team at +2.
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 445-525 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 285-335 (93.7 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 308-364 (78.1 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Unaware Clefable: 218-257 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (annoying but gets worn down quick af)
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 120 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 543-641 (108.3 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Cresselia: 320-376 (72.5 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Mega Slowbro: 476-562 (120.8 - 142.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 244 HP / 200+ SpD Gliscor: 364-430 (103.4 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 452-534 (107.6 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 484-569 (129.4 - 152.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This may look like theorymonning, but there was a point where I used NP Nape just to cteam the constant stall on high ladder during Hoopa suspect and I got 5-7 wins with just this set alone smashing through fat teams, and Team Pokepals has seen similar success with this set, as shown in select VR posts on his part.
Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Last edited:
No, because while Keldeo has a move that hits on the physical side, Keldeo is still exclusively special in the moves that it uses(unless some physical or mixed set has came out)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)