Resource ORAS OU Sample Team Thread V2 (Read Post #90)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 200 HP / 164 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

The main idea behind the team is quite simple, Magnezone traps a good portion of Metagross checks, and the ones that cant get trapped by Mag die to either GK or Ice Punch, that allows me to break defensive teams without a lot of efford and beat offense because of Metagross high speed and power with Ice Punch allowing it to beat its usual checks on Offense. Weavile usually does very well against Offensive Teams and so does Keldeo considering the mons that check Keldeo on Offense are usually vulnerable to pursuit. Latias Healing Wish is really useful for this team as you can cure status and heal a mon that does well against your opponents team.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Quick update CBB's M-Alt Offense is now in archives. Thanks to him for team along with some details on his thought process behind team. Much appreciated.

And then one of my own.

M-Alakazam Hazard Balance

J Dilla (Alakazam) (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Guadalupe (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Amelia Sanchez (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Raekwon (Skarmory) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Banana Lair (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 80 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Trojan Man (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
I guess you can say I'm kind of "retiring" any sort of exclusivity to this team as I've been ok with giving this to a couple people trying to do general laddering like BKC for early OLT and the original variant with M-Ttar + Serp used by MDragon in smogtours where after some talks we came to the conclusion pursuit tar was better for team to maintain hazard control. It's one of the builds people normally see me use a lot so at the time of revamping this team from the M-Tar / Serp version there was a build, still is I think of M-Venu as the mega of choice which has been used by Bloo and others, not sure exactly who built the original been trying to find out (supposably Reymedy from what I could gather). While this increases counterplay towards fairies it had a relatively passive feel to it that I wasn't a fan of at all. With this said this was about that time period where people were catching onto M-Kazam spike balance and I needed something for general offense and sand is mindless so tada, M-Alakazam. Mostly everything is pretty standard in terms of set. I guess you could say the more noticeable points is that HP Fire M-Kazam is for M-Scizor / Ferro and weakened Weaviles / Excadrills which hazards are used to put all of these in kill range. The team is open to a lot of interpretation such as a more offensive chomp variant as one and Shed Shell Manaphy if stall is troublesome towards you (Shed Shell Mana was a go to item during the earlier OLT cycle periods when guys like BKC was using it for gothstall). Lots of good stuff to try.

Contrary to what's being used here in this build it's much more effective to use this team semi-offensively to capitalize on hazards and to offset wall-breakers that may trouble its more passive members such as the likes of Kyurem-B and M-Gardevoir. Patience is better late-game when the team normally becomes more defensively oriented, phasing out threats into hazards. Rarely will you ever have to be ballsy but hey it's something to keep in mind. Teams kind of weak to fairies in the fact you need to play aggressively to keep some at bay but otherwise it does relatively well on most match-ups. Hoopa-U is a pain but it's low key busted against teams like this and has super low usage so yeah. The mega of choice is somewhat interchangeable but changes the dynamics of the team. I've been considering trying out M-Gardevoir on this build but haven't really had the time or care to do so granted that will help dismantle all these defensive teams and other stuff roaming about. Shit this isn't by any means original but hey it worked for me so here you guys and gals go. Anyways enjoy.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Under the suggestion of some guys like boudouche and inevitably finding it I went ahead and added a team by Henry that consists of a basic M-Metagross offense to the sample team archives. Enjoy.

Edit: There's no explanation on it so if Henry feels like it he'll provide me one.

I really like the team you posted and feel like you should definitly add it to the OP.Id also like to make another suggestion.The balanced team with mega-zam/gliscor/heatran/ferrothorn/slowbro/keldeo has been used with great success lately: PDC qualified with it for OLT and Ox the Fox won a smogtour with it. Originally it was built by MattyBrollic and Ox the fox but there is also another slightly diffrent version of it made by cosine180 that has a clefable over the slowbro and another Keldeo set.Each version has its advantages and there is probably no objective better version of the team but the slowbro is a better counter/check to some mons that might trouble the team while clefable makes the team less weak to hazards.
here is the link to the rmt:http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-stacking-peaked-1-won-a-smogon-tour.3552361/

AM

LCPL Champion
I really like the team you posted and feel like you should definitly add it to the OP.Id also like to make another suggestion.The balanced team with mega-zam/gliscor/heatran/ferrothorn/slowbro/keldeo has been used with great success lately: PDC qualified with it for OLT and Ox the Fox won a smogtour with it. Originally it was built by MattyBrollic and Ox the fox but there is also another slightly diffrent version of it made by cosine180 that has a clefable over the slowbro and another Keldeo set.Each version has its advantages and there is probably no objective better version of the team but the slowbro is a better counter/check to some mons that might trouble the team while clefable makes the team less weak to hazards.
here is the link to the rmt:http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-stacking-peaked-1-won-a-smogon-tour.3552361/
ill talk to both of them. Cant recall if cosine was using his version for something else when i originally asked him.

AM

LCPL Champion
Ok so I went ahead and just put MattyBrollic 's M-Alakazam balance team in the archives cause it has had enough results to show the team works in various settings. I'm kind of annoyed at the Thundurus weakness buuuuut Thundurus being an annoyance to the teams isn't a new thing and archetypes like these normally are a tad weak to Thundurus weak anyways. Besides that point, every team has some weaknesses so isn't too big of a deal for a team that I think is a good representation of M-Ala hazard balance.

I'm also going to signify what I put in archives that came from a RMT. The reason being is some of the suggestions in the RMT itself are either good or something to consider (such as BKC's rate of this team which I believe are good things to consider).

With that said keep the teams coming and don't be shy.

Edit: Oh and I didn't add cosines cause I haven't spoken to him yet about it so that's a maybe or maybe not on that one.

AM

LCPL Champion
I fixed something that was off on Henry's team which I might've done by accident lol where the Hidden Power went from Ice to Dragon. Sorry for those who got messed up using that one by accident. Anyways that's all set and I'm looking for some relatively decent Mega-Zor and teams that build around various concepts in the OU meta such as Char-Y. Keep suggestions and ideas coming.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 184 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 84 Def / 164 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 13 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Pretty standard fat balance which relies on handling as many threats as possible, when it comes to balance breakers Keldeo is handled by Starmie, CharY and Serp by Talon, Kyube by Clef/Zor, a lot of physical attackers such as Bisharp, Lopunny by Hippowdon, Gross by Zor, and so on and son, you get the jist of it, nothing new really.
I'd say a good balance should try and pack as many synergetic wincons as possible, in this one wisp talon helps wearing down chompers for sciz, toxic mie is necessary for beating cm bro and will help clef break through it.
Threatening mons would be genies like 3 attacks lo thund, offensive tornt, and ho teams with sd landt / chomp and 5 threats in the back are really threatening, but the priority you have in the back definitely helps getting back momentum, and a clear-cut wincon that's alreay pretty good on it's own against ho allows you to not just get pressured until you die to the pressure.
Something worth noting is that this gets 6-0ed by the standard ladder stall and had trouble getting past sheddy stall; so it's preferable not to ladder with this team.
Definitely not claiming this is the best balance team or the best MZor balance, but it's a really solid build that holds it's own in most matchups and has been consistent over the last 6 months or so, while going through modifications to keep up with the metagame changes.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 24 Def / 184 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This here is the most recent version of my favorite AltZone team I built a while back. Posting it here since I've had a lot of success with it both in tour and ladder play. The team is built in a way that lets either Excadrill or Altaria seal a game. Magnezone + BandTar support the two sweepers by trapping or weaknening their checks. Gliscor sets rocks and provides a check to opposing sand offense and Bisharp. It's other uses include removing recovery from Excadrill's checks and handling non Icy Wind Gengar and M-Metagross. RestTalk Keldeo is a much needed Dark-type counter that can annoy stall along with BandTar. Altaria deals with fast fighting types, waters, and it can handle electrics (non boosting ones, mind you) pretty comfortably thanks to the invested bulk and recovery.

A cool thing about this team is how customizable it is. Example is running Berry + Rocks Ttar so Scor can go SD (maybe SD acro Sand veil hue), Running a Specs Keldeo + ScarfTar, Going Spex Zone to beat M Venu/Hippo, running Magneton for Weav match up, etc. This is all so the player can play the way they like or even match up better to the current meta. Team has its flaws such as a lack of Azumarill switch ins and losing to a well trained Weavile or M-Venu, but all can be handled by smart play or like I said customizing the squad.

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
Its going to be generally dead if people dont put teams. Its a resource thread anyways not necessarily one thats suppose to always have tons of activity.

Weavile Hyper Offense

Stravinsky (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

Widor (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash

Mendelssohn (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Brahms (Breloom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Spore/Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Tchaik (Talonflame) (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Chopin (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

I made this team back in late XY, (when Weavile was still criminally stuck in B- on the viability rankings!), with the sole purpose of proving how massively underrated both Weavile and Starmie were as threats. It was very effective then (getting to like no. 5 on the ladder I believe?), and I've found the team to be just as effective in the current ORAS meta, if not more, so I thought it'd be worth a share. Like I said, the team was built around LO Weavile and LO Analytic Starmie, two stupidly fast and powerful mons with little-to-no safe switch-ins between the two of them. Mega Manectic valuably serves as an offensive pivot, scaring off birds and providing safer switch-ins with Volt Switch + Intimidate. Swords Dance + Sharp Beak Talonflame serves as a powerful wincon against fatter teams, with Taunt > Flare Blitz, which not only keeps off status, but allows Talonflame to win 1v1 against Unaware Clefable. Flare Blitz isn't really missed, as with prior damage, very few mons can comfortably tank a +2 Brave Bird. Clefable accompanies the team as a "catch-all" mon, being able to absorb status and switch more comfortably into mons such as Mega Manectric, Thundy, etc., as well as providing the team with Rocks, all while having the possibility of using Calm Mind as a secondary wincon. Finally, Sash Breloom glues the team together, checking sand, fat waters, Mega Lop, and a plethora of other threats (provided the Sash is kept intact.) Back in XY, Jolly Nature with Spore seemed to be the way to go (for reasons I forget), but Adamant Nature with Swords Dance might be better to muscle past fatties that Loom would otherwise struggle against, such as Mega Venusaur. I dunno, still undecided. The largest threat to the team is by far DD + Roost Zard-X, as while it can be revenged by three mons on the team, the presence of Roost can make that problematic, but not unable to be played around, so long as Loom's Sash can be kept intact. Bullet Punch Mega Metagross can be irritating, so Overheat can be run over Flamethrower on Mega Manectic to more easily nab the KO, but the SpAtk drop I feel is generally not worth it. Overall, play this team aggressively, but methodically, and you should have great success.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Breloom @ Life Orb / Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Thunder Wave

So basically this team is around Mega Gyarados and Volcarona, who together forms a powerful Dual Dance core which is incredibly potent against teams with limited Priority, or have no form of Speed Control. Gyarados screws over a lot of threats to Volcarona like Tyranitar, Hippo, and Heatran by using them as fodder. Volc on the flip side threaten Grasses, like Serp and Loom, as well as use Mega Sableye as fodder which is a huge threat to this team on a whole. Breloom completed the FWG core as well as graced the team with priority Mach Punch to efficiently revenge kill weakened threats as well as a second buffer to Sand. Latios provides Hazard Removal which is imperative for this team, considering the sweepers are both weak to Stealth Rock. It also serves as a fast electric and Keldeo check which is much appreciated. Defensive Landorus-T serves as a primary check to Sand and Talonflame who otherwise ravages the team. Klefki provides Speed Control and forms a hazard stack duo with Lando, as well as snipe Mega Diancie who can easily dismantle this team.
Um, this team pretty much gets 6-0'd by kingdra the second that Klefki dies, fairy type+magnezone teams are also very terrible vs that team. Klefki is very easy to trap with mag, and because of the extreme pressure put on klefki to check faires, when it it trapped, a lot of mons can run over ur team.

M-Scizor Balance
By: ArchPhantom

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 52 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Secret Sword

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

So this team was made by ArchPhantom for the team-building workshop, and I ended up making some minor edits to it that made it more effective overall. The team is built around U-Turn M-Scizor, a pokemon that is amazing at grabbing momentum vs its checks, and consists of pokemon that can beat these checks. Keldeo beats Landorus, Garchomp, Hippowdon; Tyranitar beats Talonflame, Charizards; Volcarona beats Skarmory and Ferrothorn, and that's it basically. The balance breakers, Volcarona, Keldeo, and M-Scizor, aim to overwhelm the opposition and complement each other really well.

ScarfTar is a pretty vital component of the team as it traps the Lati twins, Starmie, and provides a solid answer to Charizards and Talonflame. This helps out Keldeo and M-Scizor immensely, and Volcarona too as it forgoes Bug Buzz for HP Ground. Latios is my sole Charizard-Y, Keldeo and Electric-type check and it is important that it doesn't get overwhelmed in doing so otherwise you straight up lose. Landorus-T is the Stealth Rocker, and checks several pokemon like Talonflame, Charizard-X, M-Lopunny which threaten the team to quite an extent.

Threats to the team include Fairy-types and Kyurem-B carrying HP Fire as M-Scizor is the only switch in to the likes of them. Azumarill, PuP M-Lopunny, DragMag, WoW Talonflame, Pursuit+Charizard-Y/Keldeo, Bisharp are all capable of doing a number vs the team, but it's not very hard to play around them.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain / Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Breloom @ Life Orb / Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Thunder Wave

So basically this team is around Mega Gyarados and Volcarona, who together forms a powerful Dual Dance core which is incredibly potent against teams with limited Priority, or have no form of Speed Control. Gyarados screws over a lot of threats to Volcarona like Tyranitar, Hippo, and Heatran by using them as fodder. Volc on the flip side threaten Grasses, like Serp and Loom, as well as use Mega Sableye as fodder which is a huge threat to this team on a whole. Roost is an option to relieve a bit of pressure from Klefki to check Fairies at the cost of being walled by Azumarill. Breloom completed the FWG core as well as graced the team with priority Mach Punch to efficiently revenge kill weakened threats as well as a second buffer to Sand. Latios provides Hazard Removal which is imperative for this team, considering the sweepers are both weak to Stealth Rock. It also serves as a fast electric and Keldeo check which is much appreciated. Defensive Landorus-T serves as a primary check to Sand and Talonflame who otherwise ravages the team. Klefki provides Speed Control and forms a hazard stack duo with Lando, as well as snipe Mega Diancie who can easily dismantle this team.
Why don't you run Shed Shell on Klefki to escape from Mag, because, like Little Lucario said, this team does just loses to fairy spam after Mag has trapped this thing. Also, the 4 speed EVs on Klefki are completely pointless because it isn't doing jack sh*t to anything it ties with w/ Flash Cannon anyway while not needing an odd HP number to take less from Stealth Rock.

Also, I suggest changing the Volc spread to max/max because it benefits much more from tying with Mana at +0 and with ScarfRachi at +1, as it means that it has a chance to net heavy damage on them before they can move v.s. it (which is much more useful than 40 HP EVs).

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion

Explanation
This is a hazard stack offense team, a team which gave me really good results. I wanted to build around M-Ttar a mega which I always loved it even in XY when it was more spammed. So, this team is based on giving all the support we can to my 3 main sweepers which are Tornadus-t and Alakazam with life orb and the principal one which is Mega Tyranitar. In order to do that we first must fill in our opponent's field with hazards which are always useful since they make our sweepers more threatening, Klefki + Chomp are our hazard stack core, a very used one, we also have Rotom-wash which works as our pivot and check for stuff like Lando-t or Bulky chomp.

This team works nice against offense either stall, it can sometimes be annoying to deal with offense. To add individually threats to this team I would mention fighting types like Keld and Loom, they both are so annoying, that's why you must keep Chompy and Rotom as alive as you can.

Importable
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Taunt
- Heat Wave

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

srry for my bad eng :P

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
I added the original version of the M-Sableye stall team made by CleanerThanRotom-W in the archives. Threads been pretty inactive (understandable) and depending on the results of the suspect I may or may not remove some teams.

dirty diana (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Healing Wish

outside (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

initiation (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

the fall (Entei) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

next (Landorus-Therian) @ Soft Sand
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

till dawn (Wobbuffet) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
It's always fun to build around a Wobbuffet core, and this team is super fun to use :] Before I get into the team, one thing to keep in mind when playing with this team is that keeping momentum is key! This is an HO team after all :p Anyways, I changed Landorus-T to an offensive Stealth Rock set because running a suicide lead AND Wobbuffet on the same time limits building a little bit. Lando is EV'd to outspeed 252 neutral nature (NOT Jolly/Timid/etc.) base 100's like Modest Zard-Y. When building with this core, I didn't really build around it. Instead I kinda built with it; I looked for stuff that the core helps. Wobbuffet is definitely a support Pokemon, and Lando-T's role here isn't to abuse Wob but to help it. First thing that came to mind was Azumarill because it's just plain amazing right now, it appreciates Wob making it easier to set up a BD, and it helps with lots of offensive Ice / Water types that Lando hates like Keldeo and Weavile. Next I added Lopunny because it just works really good with those 3 (Wob / Azu / Lando). Wob + Lopunny demolishes opposing offense teams, the double bunny core (Lop + Azu) has great offensive synergy, and Lando-T (and Azu to an extent) help with birdspam which Lop definitely doesn't like. Also, offense just really appreciates a Fighting type offensively for Steels and shit & for annoying Dark types like Bisharp. Healing Wish to make up for lack of hazard removal & to especially help Azumarill have a second chance if you fuck up with the Belly Drum. Next I added Raikou to further help with birdspam and to help take down fat Waters. CM Raikou adds another win-con to this team, and of course one of Wob's main features is it makes it easier for shit to set up. On top of this, seeing Lando-T + Raikou (+ Lopunny), people might expect VoltTurn which is always nice. Entei was added to switch into & handle some Fairies, to take down bulky Steels (mainly Mega Scizor), and to add another breaker to the team. Entei's definitely underprepared for nowadays, and it's kinda difficult to switch into in general. Nothing much to say on this one considering the set is super standard; Espeed Entei + Wob + Mega Lopunny makes opposing offense a pretty easy matchup lol.

This team struggles with a couple of common Pokemon, but it has the tools to handle them for sure... mainly Wobbuffet lol. In particular, Mega Metagross, Mega Altaria, and Clefable stand out. Mega Metagross has a tough time switching in to lots of stuff like a Mega Lopunny HJK, a BD boosted attack from Azumarill, a CM boosted Thunderbolt from Raikou, etc., but it still puts a lot of pressure on the team. If it doesn't have Ice Punch, Lando-T can handle it, and if it doesn't have EQ, Entei can revenge kill. DDance Mega Altaria is definitely annoying; you can play around it with Lando-T and Entei, and Azumarill can help a bit on revenge, but you're really gonna have to play around this one honestly. My advice is if you see a Mega Altaria and you know it's Dragon Dance (DDD or offensive or whatever it doesn't matter), SAVE YOUR WOBBUFFET! Clefable's kinda a bitch, but Entei helps with it, and Azumarill can handle the non-Unaware set. Entei getting para'd is annoying, but Lop has healing wish for a reason I guess :p Some other things that are kinda annoying to this team are SpDef Talon because of it's ability to fucking Wisp your Azu, and super powerful wallbreakers like Hoopa because you just plain can't switch into them rofl. If you just don't play stupid around those things, you'll be fine tho.

If you want your Landorus to have more longevity, you can run Leftovers > Soft Sand, but this isn't really all that necessary & Landorus really appreciates the EQ boost Soft Sand provides. Also on Landorus-T, if you don't care about outspeeding those 252 speed neutral speed nature base 100s (like Modest Zard-Y), you can run 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe; this still outspeeds shit like Jolly Bisharp, Breloom, Diggersby, etc.. If you don't care about Mega Venusaur, you can get away with running Volt Switch > Extrasensory on Raikou. This helps you with bluffing a non-CM set a bit, and it forms a nice Volt Turn core with Raikou and Landorus-T of course. The only issue is Venusaur becomes quite annoying for the team as a whole. If you don't like Life Orb on Raikou, you can run Leftovers OR you can even try out Zap Plate. Leftovers helps with longevity and all that, and Zap Plate helps you bluff Specs a bit more (no recoil / recovery), and you get a boost to your Thunderbolt with no recoil. Thing is HP Ice REALLY appreciates the Life Orb boost. Zap Plate can be fun with Volt Switch + Thunderbolt, but overall I'd only run this if you absolutely despise LO recoil rofl. If you don't care about HW on Lopunny, you can run Baton Pass for some simple dry passes. This helps with momentum and can give you the upper hand when predicting a switch from your opponent, but considering the lack of hazard removal & statuses like paralysis and burn being annoying, Healing Wish is really nice.
i made this team awhile back, but i figured considering shadow tag's being suspected and a lot of people are just kinda staying quiet on wobbuffet due to lack of experience with it, i'd post this team ;p. i don't expect this to go to archive considering that it's pretty old and it has a few flaws, but it's still fun to play around with. this team does a great job of representing wobboffense: it is plagued by the inconsistencies wobbuffet brings to the table, but it also has a really easy time abusing wobbuffet. wobbuffet is a very unique pokemon that a lot of people don't have much experience with; once you get comfortable with using wobbuffet, this team becomes extremely mindless and easy to use. you have two set-up sweepers in BD azu and CM raikou, and wobbuffet makes it really easy for these guys to set up and sweep thanks to shadow tag + encore. other than that, wobbuffet can support the team as a whole by eliminating a few threads with mirror coat / encore (if played right), and custap destiny bond (if you don't get fucked by rolls / hazards).

again this team isn't perfect, but it really shows both sides of wobbuffet & offensive teams that use it. wobbuffet is a pokemon that's extremely easy to abuse in the right circumstances, but there are just quite a few variables that need to be accounted for, making it a pretty inconsistent pokemon. using a team with wobbuffet is a pretty good example of risk v. reward on a pretty big scale.

p2

Banned deucer.

hi, this is a quick dragmag ho team i made for the suspect and got reqs with because i was pissed at losing to wp dnites on the ladder so i made my own team in order to abuse it to its maximum potential. i feel i managed to bring this out pretty well by paring it with a bunch of mons walled by skarm/ferro and just using magnezone to patch up that obvious issue.
the main idea of the team came from dnite + alt dragspam with starmie filling the role as the obligatory spinner with magnezone as the choice over magneton for its bulk and extra power in order to help with stuff like clefable. i chose weavile because i needed the fast offensive check to stuff like garchomp and lando-t and pjab helps loosen the pressure against clefable/azumarill. lando-t is the best rocker in the tier because the amount of shit it covers is incredible, zard x, sand etc. i felt this team was pretty solid but its got its issues in bisharp but its definitely a managable threat. azu is also a pain but lando switches into band at 100% and gets rocks or takes off 50% which is more than enough for the dragons or weavile to pick it off. lum can be used on dnite because it really misses free setups on stuff that usually carry status but wp is nice and aids to use. weavile's also a pretty big threat, but it can be dealt with by maintaining pressure with rocks or even using magneton over zone

some replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-298966285
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-299135033

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Frustration

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Ice Shard

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

this team is based of nasty plot batton pass celibi , while still trying to be able to win with out passing a nasty plot when needed the two main subjects to pass nasty plot to are mega-alakazam and scarfed keldeo which works because both of them all ready have good speed so they don't need speeds boost to out speed things also along with this we have hazard sacking in the form of heatran with stealth rocks and skarmory with spikes which pairs well with alakazam allowing him to sweep sometimes even with out nasty plot boosts the last un explained member of the team is weavile , weavile is on the team to give very badly needed priority move in the form of ice shard and weavile just beefs up the before lacking physical side of the team and provides speed to an all ready pretty fast team weavile also provides a pretty good anti lead although it doesn't have taunt it can 1 hit KO 3 of the most popular leads being garchomp, Landorus-Therian and Tyranitar . (sorry about any bad grammar) Weaknesses: this team can be weak to spdef talonflame although you can play around it and clefable with CM and flame thrower can cause problem is paired with mass hazards since heatran hasn't got sustainable recovery only leftovers , but over all the team is good and easy to use
importable bellow
Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

AM

LCPL Champion
I went ahead and removed the teams with Gothitelle on them, which were basically the two primary stall teams in the thread. Threads been pretty slow, I might be adding more consistent RMTs I see in team showcase and w/e else I can find later. Until then there's an fyi.

AM

LCPL Champion
So I added a bunch of teams to the archives just for revamp purposes. If there's no description consider it pending. I ask a couple of people for archive purposes though I may or may not be a bit more lenient in adding stuff. Anyways enjoy and feel free to post teams here for the thread.

Edit: I also removed a lot of outdated stuff per advice from others I've talked with and myself.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Flash Cannon
- Fairy Lock

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed

Team I built for builder's shop a while back turned out pretty fun. Used it for like final 2/3s for reqs on the most recent suspect test.

Anyway basic breakdown I guess Zard is the primary sweeper while Breloom is supplemental in threat coverage taking on things like Sand and Lopunny while pressuring things that check Zard. Starmie for hazard removal and Klefki as the main speed control outside of priority (also Weav switchin) since the team isn't the fastest. Lando added for rocker ground switchin etc with an offensive set cuz the team isn't really about being passive and everything that it checks has some other type of check on the team. Lucario in the last slot to supplement the speed problems with powerful priority as well as another check to dark types and Talonflame. Most of the time the goal is to either sweep with Zard X or clean up with priority after spamming hazards. Bit weak to electrics before Zard evolves and Talonflame is something you have to be careful for, BU Wisp probably the biggest threat. Not a perfect squad but I've found it to be pretty effective

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I dont understand why the classic pinsir offense is credited to an user who joined smogon when the team was already everywhere back in xy ?
also this bugs me a lot

http://pastebin.com/Ja4KdTBi

I mean, I guess thats your version of this team but yea..

The thing I wanted to see though, where are the Rain teams ? I'm pretty sure there were some before so I'm wondering why it got removed exactly.

ps: i think the charx team isnt even good in the current meta, and tornat over gengar is prob an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)