Resource ORAS OU Sample Team Thread V2 (Read Post #90)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uxie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Memento

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Memento
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Bulldoze
- Swords Dance

This is my Trick Room team, placing top 75 in the ladder (1790+), and as far as I know is the most successful OU Trick Room team of this generation. Full details of the team and replays are found here. The aim is simple, use Memento on Dusclops or Uxie to get into a set-up sweeper even against a pokemon that would normally hit it hard and super-effectively, pull of some KOs for a couple of turns inside Trick Room then outside Trick Room use bulk or priority to weaken or KO additional pokemon. Either keep doing this until you win, or go into a clean with Mega Gardevoir against invested base 70s and faster and win.

Uxie handles all sorts of leads and has the bulk to take practically all of the super effective hits of the tier - reflecting Taunts, Rocks, Spikes and T-Waves back at opposing leads to buy free turns or setting TR on more offensive pokemon and then going for rocks (usually followed by their 2HKO) or Memento as needed. Dusclops does the same job, but has more bulk and handles some of the threats Uxie doesn't like (Mega Heracross for example). He is a free switch into fighting moves aimed at Ferrothorn or Lucario, and has the bulk to set Trick Room multiple times usually so think about when to faint him with Memento. Mega Gardevoir has the special bulk to set TR after rocks after taking things like Zard Y Fire Blast or offensive Heatran Flash Cannon and it's ability Trace affords it more physical bulk in front of Intimidate users like Lando-T. The move choice often provides for an end game clean if opposing pokemon outspeed most of the time, as well as Hyper Voice helping with subs - a must for offense.

For the sweepers, Azumarill at the +6 is more or less unstoppable - breezing through his usual checks like Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Rotom-W switch-ins, and Celebi; with Frustration serving as a Mega Venusaur lure. He under-speeds other slow threats like Slowbro and Conkeldurr, and out-prioritises under Trick Room things like Talonflame, Scizor and Klefki - often giving the OHKO. Lucario is a good lead against stall teams featuring Mega Sableye outside of Trick Room. He's a firm Bisharp check under Trick Room and can't be Fake Out flinched which stops Lopunny and Medicham stalling you. Ferrothorn is great against other slow pokemon like Azumarill, Slowbro, Clefable and opposing Ferrothorn (who he checks thoroughly), and using sensible switches you can use Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet to rack up residual damage to get pokemon within the KO range of unboosted Aqua Jet/Vacuum Wave. He's pretty much a counter to sashed Breloom leads who trouble the team and like to Spore first turn providing the free switch - KOing with Gyro Ball and the Iron Barbs recoil on Mach Punch.

Apologies for the lengthy-ish description, but as the play style isn't common to begin with and my take on it is weird I felt like a touch more detail was required - however I can try and trim it way back if it's worthy of the thread and just refer people to the RMT.

Last edited:
Okay, I'd like to nominate a hyper offense team for a spot on the samples:
Teamcali15, TeamCali tagging you because I built it with you on PS! and you couldn't remember which one was yours

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Description: So there is a little volt-turn here to bring in Hoopa to wallbreak, Scarf Keldeo revenges a lot of stuff, and Pinser helps wallbreak and take on HO with Latias here to provide HW support and help with the match-up against offense. Landorus-T sets stealth rock as well as taking on sand since Keldeo is 2HKO'd by Excadrill, and Raikou helps against fast electrics and is an secondary check to Talonflame. Only weird thing here is Keleo's HP(Bug) to lure Celebi and beat Starmie.

Okay, I'd like to nominate a hyper offense team for a spot on the samples:
Teamcali15, TeamCali tagging you because I built it with you on PS! and you couldn't remember which one was yours

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Description: So there is a little volt-turn here to bring in Hoopa to wallbreak, Scarf Keldeo revenges a lot of stuff, and Pinser helps wallbreak and take on HO with Latias here to provide HW support and help with the match-up against offense. Landorus-T sets stealth rock as well as taking on sand since Keldeo is 2HKO'd by Excadrill, and Raikou helps against fast electrics and is an secondary check to Talonflame. Only weird thing here is Keleo's HP(Bug) to lure Celebi and beat Starmie.
Writing this post seems a little redundant on this thread, but that team is more of a standard offensive team than HO. A HO variant of this team would probably use Earth Plate Landorus-T over the regular defensive variant, and possibly LO Starmie or Latios over Latias, despite giving up Healing Wish, to keep up pressure against hazard setters. Regardless, this team has little means of pressuring offensive Fairy-types, considering that they have no issue with any of the Pokemon on the team except for Mega Pinsir and, in Mega Altaria's case, possibly Landorus-T.

Hazard Stack + Mega Aerodactyl Offense

Team Sets
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Crunch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Explanation:
So this team is just an old idea of Hazard Stack + Maero but I kinda wanna add some Originality (I hope so) by doing Bisharp and HoopaU in same team.

Here are each of the Pokemon's roles and how they contribute to the team:

Landorus-Therian (Rocky Helmet) this is the rocker and my sand counter really (other than using stuff like bisharp to check excadrill once weakened enough. Not much to it besides setting up rocks annoying physical attacks and excadrill.

Klefki (Spikes + Magnet Rise): Klefki is pretty much just there to offer speed control and make sure I don't die to weavile all that much :/. Also spikes with lando t and their defensive sinergy is really good when u need to hazard stack other than that, its kinda just there as a support Mon.

Bisharp (BlackGlasses): This dude is for anti-Defog from the hazard stack and offer offensive pressure to slow teams and fast teams via sucker punch, as well as sucker punching spinners. This can be a wincon if the foe decides to defog or their teams are slow.

Hoopa-Unbound (Life Orb): aids Bisharp in breaking slow teams and stallish teams and appreciates hazard stack to further add pressure. Can become a wincon or makes a huge dent on teams.

Latios (Offensive + HP Fire): This dude is not just a keldeo counter but also offers some offensive pressure and lures most steels like bisharp ferro and scizor via HP Fire. And like Bisharp and HoopaU it likes hazard Stack to do damage.

Mega Aerodactyl (Roost + 3 attacks): This dude annoys fast teams with its speed force switches or cleans up after Latios HoopaU and Bisharp. You can drop off roost for another coverage move if u wish to. But with hazard stack hell be annoying as hell.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Taunt
- Superpower

This is a team I made for the builders shop not too long ago and it's honestly been my favorite for the last little while. Getting a bit tired of it now but I think it's a fairly solid HO build in the current meta - it lacks switch-ins to stuff but has counterplay to most things. Original core was Diancie + Breloom, HP Fire Diancie for typical annoying steels and Adamant LO Breloom for max power on priority, with wallbreaking capabilities in Focus Punch. Lando-T provides a check to common physical attackers and Stealth Rocker. Offensive spread with SD to help break down physical blobs for my priority users and Yache Berry to lure electrics. Bisharp provides more powerful priority and completes the Fairy + Dark/Steel core with Diancie to round out Latios switchins. Went with SD over Pursuit for sweeping purposes plus most Psychics are fairly pressured by the team already. Scarf Keld to give team a better dark check and another revenge killer, adds good coverage to the team as well. Icy Wind is for DDers primarily so you dont just get swept by +1 Dragonite or Altaria. LO Torn-T rounds off the squad with the ability to perform very strongly against many balance and stall builds while still threatening offense with its fantastic speed tier. Fire/Fighting coverage may seem redundant, but is crucial in breaking down cores like Skarmory + Ttar. Weak to Mega Zor (dont let offensive get to +2) and Keldeo is the Scald switchin so keep those in mind in terms of gameplan

Last edited:
Hazard Stack + Mega Aerodactyl Offense

Team Sets
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Crunch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Explanation:
So this team is just an old idea of Hazard Stack + Maero but I kinda wanna add some Originality (I hope so) by doing Bisharp and HoopaU in same team.

Here are each of the Pokemon's roles and how they contribute to the team:

Landorus-Therian (Rocky Helmet) this is the rocker and my sand counter really (other than using stuff like bisharp to check excadrill once weakened enough. Not much to it besides setting up rocks annoying physical attacks and excadrill.

Klefki (Spikes + Magnet Rise): Klefki is pretty much just there to offer speed control and make sure I don't die to weavile all that much :/. Also spikes with lando t and their defensive sinergy is really good when u need to hazard stack other than that, its kinda just there as a support Mon.

Bisharp (BlackGlasses): This dude is for anti-Defog from the hazard stack and offer offensive pressure to slow teams and fast teams via sucker punch, as well as sucker punching spinners. This can be a wincon if the foe decides to defog or their teams are slow.

Hoopa-Unbound (Life Orb): aids Bisharp in breaking slow teams and stallish teams and appreciates hazard stack to further add pressure. Can become a wincon or makes a huge dent on teams.

Latios (Offensive + HP Fire): This dude is not just a keldeo counter but also offers some offensive pressure and lures most steels like bisharp ferro and scizor via HP Fire. And like Bisharp and HoopaU it likes hazard Stack to do damage.

Mega Aerodactyl (Roost + 3 attacks): This dude annoys fast teams with its speed force switches or cleans up after Latios HoopaU and Bisharp. You can drop off roost for another coverage move if u wish to. But with hazard stack hell be annoying as hell.

Cool team! I'd 100% go aerial ace over wing attack and ice fang over crunch. Wing attack is just outclassed and crunch doesn't much use either.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wing Attack has more pp :)
On the flipside the chance of Aero needing the extra PP versus any build capable of dealing damage before Struggle is literally zero. At least with AA you don't miss your attack on that one Zoroark on the ladder if it happens to drop your accuracy with Night Daze - meaning that it has a 0.5% chance of being useful as opposed to zero.

Either way the difference is just as negligable as why Roost is objectively better than Recover on Lati@s due to not being blocked by Imprison Sableye, so idk why Me and ur mom bothered pointing it out in the first place, but I thought I might as well explain why it is objectively better even though the difference is so negligable that it'll almost never happen cause I was bored and had to kill three minutes.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Imprison Sableye is not a thing and while there are plenty of specific options that stuff can run to lure or achieve something more specific (Shadow Ball Latios for Rachi and Gross, Signal Beam M-Alakazam for Hoopa-U, Magnet Rise M-Diancie for main grounds) M-Sableye is the last thing that has the luxury of being diverse when its moveset and functions on effective builds are set in stone and have been staples for a reason.

The Aerial Ace / Wing Attack argument is pretty moot as well cause if that team posted above is implied to be effective (the Aero one) then it should never be getting to a point where it's getting stalled out and should have the means to break defensive builds effectively.

On the flipside the chance of Aero needing the extra PP versus any build capable of dealing damage before Struggle is literally zero. At least with AA you don't miss your attack on that one Zoroark on the ladder if it happens to drop your accuracy with Night Daze - meaning that it has a 0.5% chance of being useful as opposed to zero.
Yeah no UU went into Aerial Ace v Wing Attack pretty extensively and deemed the extra PP, especially against Pressure users, was more helpful than not missing. Granted that's a tier where Suicune is everywhere but more PP always more useful against a competitive team, ie ones that don't use Zoroark and similar things.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't the doughboy sand team make aerial ace always be the best option of the two? Also, ice fang is kinda needed on aero these days with tankchomp and shit running around for the aero hazard stack.

Last edited:

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Skill Swap
- Taunt

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

This is a Ho team I built around Tflame. Its one of the best wincon for Ho team by spamming +2 priority brave bird. Kyu-b and Keldeo are as the wallbreakers as they have good synergy with tflame. Kyurem can take out rotom-w and bulky waters. Keldeo takes out heatran and rock types. They both kill bulky grounds. Azlef is the lead, as it will always setup rocks and then explode. Skill swap is for magic bounce pokemon. Bish and lopunny are as cleaners, and they have a good synergy with each other.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Skill Swap
- Taunt

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

This is a Ho team I built around Tflame. Its one of the best wincon for Ho team by spamming +2 priority brave bird. Kyu-b and Keldeo are as the wallbreakers as they have good synergy with tflame. Kyurem can take out rotom-w and bulky waters. Keldeo takes out heatran and rock types. They both kill bulky grounds. Azlef is the lead, as it will always setup rocks and then explode. Skill swap is for magic bounce pokemon. Bish and lopunny are as cleaners, and they have a good synergy with each other.
Would run Hp Steel > Skill Swap bc the squad gets 6-0ed by MDiance

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The only team I added was bludz M-Diancie Offense.

With that said this thread seems like it sort of needs a revamp of sorts. I would apologize for lack of activity but real life and all so no shame there. Feel free to suggest teams to put, suggest to remove them with adequate reasoning, etc. I'm open for any ideas and have been considering allowing more input from team raters, OU contributors, and such to keep things consistent throughout this thread. If you got any concerns that for whatever reason you can't share here find me on PS under my name AM. I'd prefer suggestions posted here though that way we can see perspectives.

I can start providing reasonings as to why certain teams weren't added but for the sake of clarity it's usually a combination of ineffectiveness, lack of sufficient support for the success of the team, or just general inconsistencies. Mind you these teams don't have to be god like but they do need work in a setting where the majority of the meta is accounted for.

As far as suggesting to remove a team just provide relevant reasoning, doesn't have to be too crazy but saying "it's dogshit bruh" probably isn't the best way to start up a discussion point. People are free to oppose a team being put here for archive purposes by all means just don't be a total asshole about it thanks.

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
With talk of Specs Hoopa-Unbound recently I feel like it's worth posting a team featuring it.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Toxic

So yeah built the team around Specs Hoopa and figured Rotom-Wash would be a good partner. Lures in things like Latios so you can Volt Switch into Hoopa and proceed to destroy things. Helps with physical attackers like Excadrill / Talonflame / Scizor you know the drill, with speed creep on Bisharp to burn it. Clefable is next to paralyze stuff for Hoopa and provide late game win condition, walling the usual stuff like Mega Lopunny (thus the extra Def) and Latios, etc. Added Latios for hazard removal, some speed, Keldeo check, and so on. Electric coverage just to hit Suicunes and whatever, bulky waters are just annoying in general. Lopunny so that the team has a threat to opposing offense and priority, just a dope partner for Hoopa in general too. QA just ups the ante on the priority front since Ice Punch isn't really that needed and moves like Baton Pass and PuP weren't proving that useful. Heatran in the last slot gives me my check to grass types and another Scizor check which I needed. I had Wisp on Heatran because I'm still paranoid about Bisharp but Toxic is probably better for ZardX / some other switchins, Bisharp is checked by full HP Tran in conjunction with Rotom / Lopunny anyway. HP Rock in the last slot to give me a backup Talon check if a Pinsir weakens my Rotom or something, it also hits Zard and Volcarona which is cool. HP Rock over Ancient Power so SpD Talons cant stall me. Been using it the past few days so there are probably some moveset changes that would make the team more optimal but this is the basic idea. Thanks to Nedor for giving me a really good suggestion which helped the build come together and AM gave me some nice ideas as well.

But yeah for strategy, just get Hoopa in safely to kill shit. Volt Switch from Rotom, doubles from Heatran / Lopunny on incoming Slowbros, stuff like that. Lopunny and Clefable are strong ways to win late game, yada yada.

Weak to M Gardevoir, and Zard X if you don't run Toxic on Heatran, VoltTurn can be annoying too so yeah.

Last edited:
With talk of Specs Hoopa-Unbound recently I feel like it's worth posting a team featuring it.

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Toxic

So yeah built the team around Specs Hoopa and figured Rotom-Wash would be a good partner. Lures in things like Latios so you can Volt Switch into Hoopa and proceed to destroy things. Helps with physical attackers like Excadrill / Talonflame / Scizor you know the drill, with speed creep on Bisharp to burn it. Clefable is next to paralyze stuff for Hoopa and provide late game win condition, walling the usual stuff like Mega Lopunny (thus the extra Def) and Latios, etc. Added Latios for hazard removal, some speed, Keldeo check, and so on. Electric coverage just to hit Suicunes and whatever, bulky waters are just annoying in general. Lopunny so that the team has a threat to opposing offense and priority, just a dope partner for Hoopa in general too. QA just ups the ante on the priority front since Ice Punch isn't really that needed and moves like Baton Pass and PuP weren't proving that useful. Heatran in the last slot gives me my check to grass types and another Scizor check which I needed. I had Wisp on Heatran because I'm still paranoid about Bisharp but Toxic is probably better for ZardX / some other switchins, Bisharp is checked by full HP Tran in conjunction with Rotom / Lopunny anyway. HP Rock in the last slot to give me a backup Talon check if a Pinsir weakens my Rotom or something, it also hits Zard and Volcarona which is cool. HP Rock over Ancient Power so SpD Talons cant stall me. Been using it the past few days so there are probably some moveset changes that would make the team more optimal but this is the basic idea. Thanks to Nedor for giving me a really good suggestion which helped the build come together and AM gave me some nice ideas as well.

But yeah for strategy, just get Hoopa in safely to kill shit. Volt Switch from Rotom, doubles from Heatran / Lopunny on incoming Slowbros, stuff like that. Lopunny and Clefable are strong ways to win late game, yada yada.

Weak to M Gardevoir, and Zard X if you don't run Toxic on Heatran, VoltTurn can be annoying too so yeah.
Isn't this like the same 6 mons (and specs hoopa!!!) used by CBB this SPL game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-138708
Which is also like identical to the build TDK used against Masterclass in week 8?

bludz

Isn't this like the same 6 mons (and specs hoopa!!!) used by CBB this SPL game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-138708
Which is also like identical to the build TDK used against Masterclass in week 8?
That is entirely possible

I haven't watched many SPL replays so I hadn't seen these teams, but looking just at the opening shot of that replay it looks identical. If one of them wants to share their team here it's probably better than my build

I find it wired that there is no team in the forums that have Mega Alakazam in them given that its arguably one of the best mega at the moment so I've decided to submit this team

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The aim of the team its just to set up rocks with Landorus-Therian and cause destruction with the other 5 pokemon .I always try and lead lando and set up rocks and then explode if the opponent hasn't already killed lando to keep up offensive pressure this usually works since the team is rather offensive so the exponent struggles to remove hazard with out lousing a pokemon unless they can force a switch and then go for spin or defog which bring me to why its HP bug on keldeo this is to make it harder for latios or latias or starmie to defog /rapid spin on keldeo . If possible it best to mega evolve Alakazam as soon as possible to get the speed boost out speeding mega lopunny and many other things like trace for free switch ins to heatran after tracing flash fire .Although ive had lot of success against HO and balance with this team it can struggle against stall ive attempted to amend this by making bisharp lum but stall can be a pain to deal with since most stall is mega sab stall the best way to deal with it is leading heatran and going for magmastom and either trapping or forcing out mega sab before it megas and then getting up rocks and trying to keep up enough pressure to prevent removal of hazards but if you think it fake out or protect mega sab your better of leading latios.

The strategy for this is that you set up rocks and kill stuff there isnt much strategy other than mega zam as soon as possible and to keep up offensive pressure and of course make offensive doubles when needed

This team is weak to stall but not to a point were its un winnable if you play Lum bish correctly

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
HO Darkspam
Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 12 HP / 212 Def / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Thunder Punch / Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
This is a fun HO squad that I have been using a lot recently. Basically the idea is to set up rocks with Azelf and proceed to punch holes in shit. HP Steel is used because Diancie gives me a headache, but if Medicham carries Bullet Punch then Skill Swap is a legit option for its ability to let you get up rocks versus Tauntless Mega Sableye. I started with a darkspam core of Bisharp+Weavile, giving Weavile Aerial Ace to catch Keldeo and Infernape. SD Bisharp is able to use stuff like -2 Latios for setup fodder, making it extremely threatening to face if it comes in as something dies. Then I added Medicham because Medisharp+Medivile is power. There are two sets to choose from: BoltBeam to lure in bulky Gyarados and Mega Slowbro and nail them for heavy damage as well as allowing you to nail TankChomp and PhysDef Lando-T for OHKOs; or BP+Zen Headbutt to allow you to take on non-Specs Keldeo if you are healthy as well as improving the matchup versus Diancie. Landorus-T is Double Dance with Yache to prevent Weavile and Mamoswine prematurely ending your sweep, as well as just generally acting as a good lure to the aforementioned twosome. It also allows it to beat Mega Manectric and Raikou 1v1, which is good because otherwise they just ravage this team. Double Dance is disgustingly underprepared for by a lot of teams, so I thought I'd take advantage of that in conjunction with the HO nature of the team to just punch holes in everything. Finally, Heatran is an interesting set that allows it to achieve a number of things. Shuca Berry allows it to live weak Ground-type coverage if it is healthy without risking losing its ability to take them when switching in on 4x resisted hits. The given EVs allow it to take uninvested Lando-T's EQ from full health 100% of the time so you can get off two Fire Blasts, although the key reason I chose Shuca Berry is to allow me to better check Diancie due to otherwise just coming in on Bisharp and getting a kill, allowing me to come in on a Moonblast and then proceed to take the subsequent Earth Power and OHKO it back with Flash Cannon. The other reason I chose Heatran was because it is able to consistently take on Talonflame and Volcarona, being able to KO with Stone Edge and not getting shut down by Taunt Talonflame.

This team's key weakness is Keldeo, and while Weavile is able to beat scarfless if Keldeo switches in on it, it can only 2HKO it in a 1v1 situation which, while really nice due to it putting it in range for Medisharp or Bisharp's priority after KOff+Ace damage, can be slightly impractical at times. In addition, Manectric+Weavile does a number on it due to Lando being my key stop to Manectric and, as such, leaving it foiled by Weavile if I attempt to set up on it. Bulky QD Volcarona can take Stone Edges from Heatran and set up multiple Quiver Dances, although that does involve using Bulky Volcarona which is kinda iffy in general. There are a few others as well, as is the case with any HO squad, but this team has been very consistent in general.
edit: thanks bludz for catching that i forgot to fix heatran's ivs when changing from stallbreaker back to 4 attacks

Last edited:
i want to contribute

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This is your generic Hoopa-U BO, at least in my perspective. I started with a core of Mega Diancie and Hoopa-U, which btw is a really good core and I urge you to try it before it's too late. Going off from them I did the smartest thing in the world and slapped on the most generic VolTurn core on the planet: Tornadus-T and Rotom-W. Together they just create a nice "safety net" amongst a nice portion of attackers in the tier. Tornadus-T KO's Keldeo after Rocks and places the rest in bulk and Rotom-W outruns Adamant Bisharp. Next I needed really basic additions for team functionality. I needed Stealth Rock, preferably a Steel-type to make sure the Lati's could overwhelm Mega Diancie who's the only one who can dare to switch-in safely. Heatran was an easy choice. The EVs make sure it's 3HKOed from a Draco Meteor from Latios and maximizes Speed. After analyzing the team I saw I had a nasty weakness to things like Mega Lopunny and I had no wincondition. So I pretty much threw on a bulky Double Dance Landorus-T. The EV spread was made by Nedor it has Landorus-T hit the last available Attack jump point, speed creeps what creeps Jolly Bisharp, and makes a nice degree of bulk.

Honestly gamer boy azelf HO kinda sucks especially for a newer player, and I think you'll find more consistently with a bulky offense build that requires less preciseness in terms of plays and predicts, which an Azelf build typically does. A Bish-Weavile build can be a nice ladder build but for AM or whoever updates the thread I think a tweaked version of Dancing Darks by ArchPhantom would be a better choice for the goal of this thread.

AM

LCPL Champion
I'll work on revising this thread a bit on the weekend, I've been meaning to remove some stuff. By then results of Hoopa-U should be confirmed so I can make some more definitive choices. Also I agree with celticpride but its also that the weakness to Keldeo is largely understated on your team seeing as how it comes in and clicks a move and something dies gamer boy. You don't have that along with waters really covered well enough.

I won't be too keen on putting Hyper Offense builds unless they're showing fantastic results or just built real well. For example sake I still see people using Boudouches Lopunny offense and it still does relatively well on the ladder setting so that's something to think about.

Magic you kind of just took the Distant Land team on showcase and then added Mega Diancie :/. I'm holding off on anything with Hoopa-U at the moment but a big part of why that team functions is Mega Aerodactyl's ability to offset the teams matchup against offense along with Pursuit support to trap things like Lati and Torn-T that annoy the build. You amplified the problem with Lopunny it has when M-Aero is left behind and putting a ton of pressure on Torn-T to keep things like Serperior in check which makes it more liable to Glare. I can go into more detail but that's some of the issues it's going to have and they're not small either (knowing this from experience).

Holding off on bludz build because Hoopa of course and will consider my options.

Holding off on keks team to until I talk with some people because I don't feel too confident in M-Alakazam Hyper Offenses especially ones that openly state it has issues with stall.

Uh if you have any more suggestions hit me up here or on PS if you find me (later in the day). I can be found in comp tutoring or old gens most times I'm on.

After ripping out teams from here and totally changing them to suit my play-style I've decided to help out.
This is a basic SandScreen (as I call it) team and here I go.

KeyO'Rings (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave/Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

Basic Screen setter. Tanky enough to take a FireBlast from a Quiver Dance Volcorna (after Light Screen). Prankster because who doesn't run Klefki with Prankster. Light Clay to ensure you get the most bang for your buck. I also use this as my Sp.Def wall.

Earless (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Earless is a tank. That's pretty much it. You can replace SR with Toxic if you want to change this team into a Stall but SR is what I usually run because you can get the free Rocks after switching in on a MMetagross or a Bisharp.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Iron Head/Meteor Mash

Basic MMetagross. Nothing fancy. Get an Agility up and you outspeed almost everything in the tier. I prefer running Iron Head over Meteor Mash because I don't like missing. I use him as a late game sweeper.

Wisher (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Something I don't see very often. Sp.Jirachi is a threat. Get 1 or 2 CMs up and then you have a high chance at sweeping. People don't expect this.

Oblivio (Slowbro) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 64 SpA / 196 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

The Poke who will tank all your Sp. Def needs. Psyshock to counter those Sp. Def walls. Scald for stab, Shadow Ball for utility, Ice Beam for Gars. Pretty basic with AV and Regenerator.

Jack (Hawlucha) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Retaliate
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
- Poison Jab

Personally my 3rd favorite Pokemon. I use him as a revenge killer with Retaliate combined with Unburden (after using your Normal Gem) you get 600+ Speed. Poison Jab for Azumarill, knocks him down to ~22%, Drain Punch for recovery, Acrobatics because why the hell not?

Ranked up to about ~1450 before taking a break and using a different team and lost it ;-;. I don't know whether to label this as a stall or a mixed.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-358967679 Miss-used Metagross and did a bad switch with Slowbro but you can see the sweeping potential of Jack (Hawlucha)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)