Other ORAS OU Sample Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
That second "BO" team isn't so bulky without hazard support. If you really need roost on latias, you may have to do away with healing wish.

Bride n' Beetle (CM Mega Gardevoir + CB Heracross)

Here is one of the teams I used to get reqs with. Its creation was a result of being absolutely sick of Mega Sableye and wanting to counter-team all Sable squads, lol. Anyways, I was intent on using Mega Gardevoir since she decimates Sableye pretty easily, and to add more fuel to the fire, I partnered her with Guts Heracross. Banded Guts Heracross. Huhuhu. Then I just slapped on some mons to check top tier threats (Mega Meta, Mega Lop, Land-t, etc) and major playstyles (Rain and Sand offense, Stall), and added Healing Wish Latias into the mix.

What's nice about bride n' beetle is that they have very little switch ins. HO do not appreciate the duo. Same thing with balance. Stall gets nuked by the core too. Only thing is, they are both kinda slow compared to a lot of OU, and kinda frail, so they must be played smartly and long-termly (pretty sure that's a word).

HW Lati works well with Garde and Hera because they can break things early game and be revived for a "clean up on aisle 6" moment late-game. CM Gardevoir is insane, I tell you. Insane. Team is kinda weak to Scizor (and apparently to Sub Belly Drum Salac Berry Chesnaught lool; *abruptly stops laughing* don't tell nobody), but that's ya boi for you tho: making Scizor weak teams. Hope you enjoy this team as much as I did.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Defog

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Sleep Talk

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Slack Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Last edited:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
out of the teams posted, we feel like firehusky's team was the only one currently worthy of being put in the team archive. it handles most of the relevant threats in the metagame nicely, and has enough offensive presence to threaten even the bulkiest teams. after changing to defensive landorus-t, the defensive core is efficient, and offers enough slots to offensive core as to where it is capable of beating most playstyles. the use of manaphy to lure in and take out slowbro with energy ball, in order for metagross to sweep, is also a cool asset. all in all, the team is solid both defensively and offensively, which is why it is accepted.

if you posted a team and want to know why it was rejected, feel free to ask. thanks to everyone who has posted, the more teams to choose from the better :]

Last edited:
Aww yeah, Mega Pidgeot team.
"Mega Pidgeot Offense"

Hell Above (Pidgeot) (F) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Sellout (Dugtrio) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Lullabies (Latias) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

Sempiternal (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

YDG (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Satan (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower

This team features the fantastic core of Pidgeot, Dugtrio and Healing Wish Latias. Mega Pidgeot is some-what of a mediocre Pokemon in the OU metagame, but this team is built to support her, because, not a lot wants to take a 100% accurate Hurricane. Pidgeot sports a very nice Speed tier, outspeeding a large portion of the metagame. If you predict an Air Balloon Heatran to come in, U-Turn can be used to break it, while Dugtrio can trap it and OHKO it. Healing Wish Latias is a fantastic addition to the team, as, since Mega Pidgeot is weak to Stealth Rocks, being able to bring it back to full health is fantastic. Greninja could also use a Choice Scarf to check Scarfed Landorus if you feel like it could cause a problem. Greninja is the glue that holds the team together. Gunk Shot deals with Fairy types that might be a problem to the team with out it. Ferrothorn is the team's answer to Talonflame. Specially Defensive Ferrothorn is also an option if you really want to use it. Clefable stands as the best check to Mega Sableye, which is absolute hell to this team without it.

I hope this is ok, the team was thrown together, but I honestly really like it /.\

EDIT: Thanks for the warm praise you guys ;-;

ferrothorn is an answer to talonflame?

Lando-I + CB Heracross Balance:

Heracross @ Choice Band
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Calm Mind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash

This team is pretty standard, the core of Lando-I+Hera is a stall breacker core, that helps Mega Metagross sweep, normal sets, i needed a rocks setter that could switch in in some megas that's Ferrothorn, Slowbro is to make a a synergetic core with Ferrothorn, Slowbro has Thunder-wave to Catch lati@s on the switch in for Metagross, Latias works as a glue a possible revenge killer and defoger, worked well for me, and for last we have one of the best megas in the OU metagame atm, metagross, Agility is my choice but you can run Grass Knot for Slowbros and PuP for Ferrothorn, but none of those represent treaths to this team.
I liked using this team, and i dont want to make a RMT about her.
I hope that some one uses this team is pretty good, if you havea treath that show up you, just say.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Lando-I + CB Heracross Balance:

Heracross @ Choice Band
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Calm Mind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash

This team is pretty standard, the core of Lando-I+Hera is a stall breacker core, that helps Mega Metagross sweep, normal sets, i needed a rocks setter that could switch in in some megas that's Ferrothorn, Slowbro is to make a a synergetic core with Ferrothorn, Slowbro has Thunder-wave to Catch lati@s on the switch in for Metagross, Latias works as a glue a possible revenge killer and defoger, worked well for me, and for last we have one of the best megas in the OU metagame atm, metagross, Agility is my choice but you can run Grass Knot for Slowbros and PuP for Ferrothorn, but none of those represent treaths to this team.
I liked using this team, and i dont want to make a RMT about her.
I hope that some one uses this team is pretty good, if you havea treath that show up you, just say.
It's kind of funny how I have a team with the same exact mons for a couple of months now and the same exact Lando-I + Hera core :I First off the version I have has Foul Play on Slowbro and Rocky Helmet so you're not 6-0 by every single Char-X, Gyarados, and M-Gross in existence. Hammer Arm is on M-Gross so your matchup against Ferro isn't so influenced by the two wall-breakers who can be worn down easily along with having a poor match-up against Bisharp. Your spread is sort of just counter-productive for Agility M-Gross when you can allocate 80 HP EVs into bulk with an Adamant nature to improve on your sweeping potential. Shed Shell is on Ferrothorn so that Magnezone and Gothitelle doesn't rip apart the defensive core of Slowbro + Ferro which necessitates that it stays strong in order to handle dangerous wall-breakers that have the potential to break the team. Protect is on Ferro to scout the moves of these trappers to switch into the appropriate switch in.

Mega Metagross bulky offense:
<-- this ment to be Landorus-T

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 8 SpA / 14 SpD / 18 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

This team is meant to be hazard stack team to help Mega Metagross clean up the game, i started the team with a FWG with Rocks Heatran Spikes Ferrothorn and Defensive Rotom-W to help with Talonflame and other physical sweepers, then i added Scarf lando-T to make a revenge killer the intimitade support and make a Volt-Turn core with Rotom-W , then i added Thudurus-T to Thunder-wave suport, to help metagross clean again, Metagross is the last pokemon and my favorite at the time, this is not a set up sweeper but you can make it one.
I hope that some one uses this team again.

Mega Venu balanced:

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

This team is soo standard, the FWG core with Defensive Mega Venusaur for azumarill Heatran for Bird Spam but still not very good against those pokes and azumarill to kill fighting types , Talonflame is one of my win conditions i choosed SD Acrobatics because i dont want to take BB recoil and knock off damage, Landorus can be RP or Calm Mind, and Latias is the glue and hazard control, i realy hope that some one uses this team, because i got 1700 in OLT tour was on.
Its pretty dang good, if some one notices one treath just say to me and i will change it.
I will show more teams dont worry, i could teambuild ho knows.

DragonSteelFairy HO:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill @ Sitrus berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Diancie @ Diancite
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

So, iam here again to show one of my favorite teams ever, that has great synergy realy good mega and some hard hiters
So Mamoswine is my Suicide lead that can beat heatran and some other things, endeavor and ice shard is a "good combo" rocks and stab. This Kyurem-B was sub Cube but i changed to choice scarf to have a revenge killer that can outspeed the majority of the metagame, Magnezone is to trap steel types to Azumarill sweep he is one of mine win conditions, the it incomes the mega Mega Diancie it should be Mega Mawille any way, after a Rock Polish there aint many things that outspeed her set is pretty standard but HP fire is for Ferrothorns and Mega Sableye, once again to help Azumarill sweep if necessary, for last but not least Latias its the glue of the team and hazard controller its a pretty good pokemon should be S imo (blink blink).
I realy hope that some one uses this team i worked realy hard to make it.
And this is not going to be my last showcase of a team, i will do one more thread, with some teams if i could.

On Mamoswine, it's better to run Oblivious so you can't be taunted when you try to lay down rocks. Also, Azumarill should be runny Aqua Jet / Play Rough / Knock Off, as Knock Off nails Amoonguss and Ferrothorn.

sanddrag obc since now we have a cool toy to play with and its draco is the 3rd strongest in the game incase you were wondering. More about the team its kinda the same as a gyara+Drag core but i replace gyara w/ ttar since it walls manectric and hasnt been showing up as of much. Keld + sand lets me beat mega sableye and beat bisharp. Thun and lati is pretty much here to beat skarm and baton pass p much the mons that are used to deal with mega loppuny this squad gets popped by mega scep but ferro lives fblast either way same goes for hp fire.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Scald

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

p standard volturn f gambit staraptor lets you take out mega bro and fat garbage while having that mag traps mons that wall raptor and gallade. Keld to beat sharp and since this team gets crushed by mamo its running lefties to gain back hp over time w/ cm and sub i can beat mega sableye overall fun team and has its reason behind it. Lati to check belly drum azu after a bd and a way to beat char y and keldeo. Lastly their is a lando to check set up sweepers and birdspam and there it is...

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Final Gambit
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Mega Pidgeot sand offense:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 25 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 Spdef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature.
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Grass.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Climb
- Rapid Spin

So this might be my last post on this thread, so i will post more than one team. Hope that some one enjoys this
This team is pretty normal has the Tar/Keldeo/Lando-I core, this core is like the Talonflame/Keldeo/Tar, that i made once, Keldeo is the main star of this core, my main win condition the set is sub cm that can make alot of damage at all most every team, Tyranitar is a choice scarf to trap Lati@s, Lando-I is RP and my second win condition with Sludge Wave for Fairys and ttar helps lando-I too, then i saw that i needed a rocker one my team ferrothorn is my main choice, and its Dragon check the set is pretty standard, has leech seed to some bulky pokes that needs to be worm down, Gyro ball is for Kyurem-B because i dont want him to use Sub on me.
Mega Pidgeot incomes, he hits bulky steels not heatran but for him i can u-turn out and have a free turn with my keldeo or Lando-I the set is pretty normal, than Excadrill is my last but not least he is my Spinner and late game cleaner, the set is pretty normal. There are not many threats for this team, maybe a new mega i dont remenber.

Pure Stall:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 232 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Counter
- Whirlwind

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 58 Def / 202 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

So this team is pretty anoying, like every stall, any way opping on the pokemons, quagsire is my unaware guy he is the for some set up swepers, he has earthquake and no haze to HOKO heatran, now the spread i could go for 8 in Spdef bu i dont if it is needed, now is heatran he is my rocker and one of my Spdef walls, after him is Cresselia she is a "check" to kyurem-B because he is a big threat to all most every stall team she as Moonlight has her recover move Psychic for stab and to beat some pokemons, Ice beam is for CM/RM Lando-I toxic is a choice move but if you like more thunder-wave is legit too, now Skarmory is here because my team was weak to bisharp, i wanted to make a hazard stack stall team so i got with Spikes, Roost and whirlwind are standard in Skarmory and Counter is to pretty much deal alot of damage if not OHKO bisharp after Knock off damage and he is my second phaser
Now the last to pokemons are a ORAS core another stall core Chansey is my cleric and my Special wall she's anoying, now Sableye Mega because i wanted a mega and a stall breacker sableye is perfect for that role.
The threats are i think one or two stall breackers.
If any one wants a team and dosent want to teambuild just PM/VM me.

Last edited:
I'd probably change Landorus-I's nature to Rash, and give it Knock Off over Psychic or Sludge Wave. Knock Off let's you get past the Lati twins, which hard wall that set. Also, Pidgeot should be running Timid, U-Turn is purely for momentum, and I'd recommend HP Grass or HP Ground over Roost in the last slot, since HP Grass let's you hit Rotom-W, while HP Ground hits Heatran.

I'd probably change Landorus-I's nature to Rash, and give it Knock Off over Psychic or Sludge Wave. Knock Off let's you get past the Lati twins, which hard wall that set. Also, Pidgeot should be running Timid, U-Turn is purely for momentum, and I'd recommend HP Grass or HP Ground over Roost in the last slot, since HP Grass let's you hit Rotom-W, while HP Ground hits Heatran.
doesnt really need knock off since their is a ttar right there and focus blast is reasonable over sludge to deal with rotom or skarm. Timid doesnt really sound resonable the only priority move that can hit your spdef side is vacwave which isnt gonna do shit and is barely common. Naive could matter against weakend venusaur and to gain momentum incase you dont catch the kill being timid being 5 or 10% it could cost you the game. Hp grass over roost is nice for rotom since this gets shitted on by that thing just pointing out some of the points you labeled lati isnt a deal for lando when u have exca in sand and tar. He needs psychic and focus blast to deal venu/tran. Also the excadrill has rock climb so is it meant to be their to hit rotom or some shit or do you mean rock slide

Naive could matter against weakend venusaur and to gain momentum incase you dont catch the kill being timid being 5 or 10% it could cost you the game.
Yeah I guess knock off is not that good on Lando since he has a ttar.

I just don't agree with this sentence though.
idk why Naive matters against Venusaur, since you have Hurricane. Also, if your target is at 5 or 10% just use Hurricane, even against stuff like Magnezone it does like 20%. Then after the target faints, just U-turn out.

Also, naive makes a difference against stuff like mega altaria, which can OHKO you with draco meteor if you're naive, but can't OHKO if you're timid.
252+ SpA Mega Altaria Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pidgeot: 250-295 (81.1 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Altaria Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0- SpD Mega Pidgeot: 279-328 (90.5 - 106.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Yeah I guess knock off is not that good on Lando since he has a ttar.

I just don't agree with this sentence though.
idk why Naive matters against Venusaur, since you have Hurricane. Also, if your target is at 5 or 10% just use Hurricane, even against stuff like Magnezone it does like 20%. Then after the target faints, just U-turn out.
so that for situations that you use hurricane on venu they get a free switch into a mon that can setup on pidg for free just implemented the nature since their isnt really a reason to not run naive since your not gonna live many special attacks even being timid. If you hurricane a venusaur at 10% they get a free sub with heatran, overall it puts you into a better position to kill off venu and that you dont have to risk rolls

Lando-I needs every move that he has to beat Keldeo checks, it just dosent beat Lati@s, but tyranitar does, i think that i will just change the nature of Mega Pidgeot, and a move. But thanks any way both.

Trappin' Turtle, Plottin' Bird, and Decoyin' Dragon

Here is a really fun team I built recently. It's centered around Magma storm Heatran + Nasty Plot Togekiss. This core is very anti-stall, as NP Toge can take care of most stall teams, flinching the Unaware users thinking they are a match. As for extremely fat mons such as Chansey, they get trapped and taunted by Heatran, which paves the way for Togekiss.

Not every team is a stall team, however, so I needed solid teammates for the core, able to take on offense and balance. Mega Sceptile, thanks to its insane speed, special attack, and typing, was my the next member. It matches up well vs offense and can trouble balance with its Substitute set. Plus, it benefits from the removal of fat stuff by Heatran. Next, I wanted a Mega Metagross answer as that thing broke togetran and gives zero fucks about Sceptile. In addition, Talonflame was looking troublesome. For that, Slowking and Lando-T were added to the team. Slowking is an amazing M-Meta answer that doesn't care about Grass Knot thanks to its high SDef. King also checks Mega Gard and any form of Keldeo. It has T-Wave to slow stuff down and contribute to the serenity of Togekiss. Finally, Latios was added for A-Defog; B-Hitting extremely hard (Bish is 2hko'd); and C-Checking threats like Zard Y and Landorus-I.

The team is really fun but not without its shortcomings. DD M-Gyara, Mega Altaria, a well played Bisharp, and rainspam can really shred the team to pieces, so beware. Overall, it's a really fun team that I enjoyed using and hope you do to. :]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Last edited:

Sand Force Hippo
A fun team ive been using recently and has brought me success. My friend spuun and I were talking about underated threats like sand force hippowdon and even force palm breloom to catch off ferothorn. Unfortunately I cant place that set on this team from the lack of priority. Ttar provides sand for hippo and is a really solid core together seeing as hippo checks lando and suck. Sash on sand is stupid but its a lead mon so I kept it as it was. Breloom performs as my water breaker beating slowbro,rotom and suicune three of the mons that tyranitar and volcarona appreciate gone. Skarm works as a hazard stacker and sets up on ferrothorn being a check to ttar I can pivot into alot of moves it carries. Overall a spike hazard team with a fat wallbreaker and 2 set up mons appreciating what breloom does for it. Starmie has tbolt for gyara so you dont get swept by it and volc has life orb so that at +1 you ohko with giga drain.
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Giga Drain

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed

Hippowdon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Perfect Form
Ive used this in one of my lives and has proven to be a succes I wanted to showoff what this team does and how it functions well against this meta atm. This team is kinda weak ferro and mega metagross but besides that I cant see main mon that puts in work besides bisharp. I paired up rachi=gliscor with mega slowbro simply because its a really solid defensive core rachi checking clefable,sylveon,gardevoir and latitwins. Gliscor lets me switch into a life orb shadow ball gengar even after rocks i get 2hkod I dont run taunt but thats not gonna change the outcome since mons like skarm get taunted and i pretty much cant do anything back to steels that i taunt. Terrak is my main niche on this team sub sd isnt common atm during this meta but it works insanely well against stall setting up on mew and sableye. Not much too say the rest can be shown lati checks zard-y,venu and keld. Tbolt on lati lets me hit skarm and azu for extra damage. 84 speed on azu lets me outspeed clefable. This team is around wish to help mega slowbro or terrakion set up and win. Latios over latias since the main weakness with latios is its bulk and lack of recovery seeing as most of the time its 3 attacks defog i can abuse this and use wish and have 3 attacks. Sometimes you are pressured to mega evolve with slowbro so you can and not worry and because of its bulk I can switch into alot of moves and regain health to stay in the game longer.
Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 232 HP / 180 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off/Taunt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Last edited:

Sand Force Hippo
A fun team ive been using recently and has brought me success. My friend spuun and I were talking about underated threats like sand force hippowdon and even force palm breloom to catch off ferothorn. Unfortunately I cant place that set on this team from the lack of priority. Ttar provides sand for hippo and is a really solid core together seeing as hippo checks lando and suck. Sash on sand is stupid but its a lead mon so I kept it as it was. Breloom performs as my water breaker beating slowbro,rotom and suicune three of the mons that tyranitar and volcarona appreciate gone. Skarm works as a hazard stacker and sets up on ferrothorn being a check to ttar I can pivot into alot of moves it carries. Overall a spike hazard team with a fat wallbreaker and 2 set up mons appreciating what breloom does for it. Starmie has tbolt for gyara so you dont get swept by it and volc has life orb so that at +1 you ohko with giga drain.
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Giga Drain

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed

Hippowdon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Perfect Form
Ive used this in one of my lives and has proven to be a succes I wanted to showoff what this team does and how it functions well against this meta atm. This team is kinda weak ferro and mega metagross but besides that I cant see main mon that puts in work besides bisharp. I paired up rachi=gliscor with mega slowbro simply because its a really solid defensive core rachi checking clefable,sylveon,gardevoir and latitwins. Gliscor lets me switch into a life orb shadow ball gengar even after rocks i get 2hkod I dont run taunt but thats not gonna change the outcome since mons like skarm get taunted and i pretty much cant do anything back to steels that i taunt. Terrak is my main niche on this team sub sd isnt common atm during this meta but it works insanely well against stall setting up on mew and sableye. Not much too say the rest can be shown lati checks zard-y,venu and keld. Tbolt on lati lets me hit skarm and azu for extra damage. 84 speed on azu lets me outspeed clefable. This team is around wish to help mega slowbro or terrakion set up and win. Latios over latias since the main weakness with latios is its bulk and lack of recovery seeing as most of the time its 3 attacks defog i can abuse this and use wish and have 3 attacks. Sometimes you are pressured to mega evolve with slowbro so you can and not worry and because of its bulk I can switch into alot of moves and regain health to stay in the game longer.
Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 232 HP / 180 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
Hi, I like the teams you posted.
I'm gonna suggest a few changes and ask some questions :
Team 1: Kind of Keldeo weak. Passho Berry Volcarona looks like a great option to lure it. I'd change the evs to 184 speed timid to not get outsped by Lando-T but that is just a matter of preference. Also isn't Hippo outclassed in its role by Sand Force Lando-I (which in itself is worse than sheer force variants) ?

Team 2: Is Salac Berry an option on Terrak ? What do Leftovers accomplish in terms of longevity ?
Is CroBro effective on this team ? I've always found it to be a subpar set, can you explain how the team deals with checks/mons that usually pressure it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)