Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Houndoom-Mega (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Is there any way you could improve the team :D

daddy's kisses and ty :D

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is Psychic a viable alternative to Psyshock on Latias' Offensive Defog set?
Yes, although it is team-dependent. The extra power+consistent damage can come in handy on teams which don't struggle too heavily v.s. stuff like Clefable, the blobs etc.

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Keldeo @ Leftovers
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

I have a couple of suggestions.

The first: Jirachi is your team's only real answer to the likes of Kyurem-Black and Mega Pinsir, both of which can potentially 2HKO it after rocks. You could fix this by running Scarf Jirachi instead (takes more damage but pressures them more and can revenge kill) , or by running the same SpeDef set with Wish/Protect. In either case you lose rocks, which means you may consider changing Garchomp from Scarf to Rocky Helmet.

Your best switch-in to Talonflame is Garchomp, which gets 2HKO'd by an unboosted Brave Bird from the Offensive SD set. Once again, I think Tankchomp can alleviate this.

Mega Lopunnys can 2HKO Amoonguss 60% of the time after rocks (can't switch in too comfortably, eespecially with prior damage) and your Jirachi set gets comfortably 2HKO'd by HJK. Meanwhile, Scarf Chomp's Outrage does 89% max, so RK'ing Lop is possible, but not easy. If this seems problematic, the same changes I mentioned above can help.

If you are concerned about Ferro and Skarm being annoying and want to lure them, I recommend throwing Fire Blast on Scarf Chomp over either Outrage or Dragon Claw; it potentially 2HKO's both. Remember to make Chomp 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe and Hasty in this case.

Toxic on Jirachi can make Tangrowth and Slowbro less annoying too. I think it will be more useful than T wave, since most players will bring Lando or Tankchomp in to eat Iron Head/U-Turn and get punished. Heatran doesn't care about Toxic, yes, but Keldeo + Garchomp should be able to check it regardless.

There aren't too many issues honestly, and I will probably try the team out myself; it looks fun. It seems that, like all teams, but especially so with yours, the more you can keep momentum in your favor the better it should work.

Hope that helps dude.

Hello! Ive recently been running a fun bUlky offense around Volcanion of my creation, with volc/clef/mscizor/lando/nidoking/tyranitar, except... Specs Volcanion is like the mon I 1) send out the absolute least 2) find hard to bring on the field most of the time, mostly due to his weaknesses i think. Is it me who doesnt know how to play Volc, or just me having bad luck with bad matchups teams, or is my own team the problem?

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Keldeo @ Leftovers
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

You should try posting your team on the RMT forum.

Hello! Ive recently been running a fun bUlky offense around Volcanion of my creation, with volc/clef/mscizor/lando/nidoking/tyranitar, except... Specs Volcanion is like the mon I 1) send out the absolute least 2) find hard to bring on the field most of the time, mostly due to his weaknesses i think. Is it me who doesnt know how to play Volc, or just me having bad luck with bad matchups teams, or is my own team the problem?
It's hard to say by just knowing the mons. Firstly, volcarona ins't very good in the current meta due to the presence of strong scarfers, strong water types, priority flying and mainly, stealth rocks, which is a larger factor than ever before because of very strong fire and flying types. Specs volcarona also sounds, at least to me, like a suboptimal set. Looking at the mostly used specs and band users (keldeo, talonflame, dragonite, latios) all share that they're really hard to switch into and fairly easy to get in; talon and dragon are good revenge killers, lati and keld are checks to common threats. Volcarona on the other hand is fairly easy to switch into, and hard to get in because of its typing, and it is checked by perhaps the biggest offensive threats in the meta; talonflame, dragonite, charizard, keldeo, not to mention its setup forder for cm keld (which you struggle with) and sd talonflame. Finally, volc doesn't break walls. Even with the specs, it's a free switch for heatran and chansey, which can freely set up rocks or status somethings on your team.

It's hard to say by just knowing the mons. Firstly, volcarona ins't very good in the current meta due to the presence of strong scarfers, strong water types, priority flying and mainly, stealth rocks, which is a larger factor than ever before because of very strong fire and flying types. Specs volcarona also sounds, at least to me, like a suboptimal set. Looking at the mostly used specs and band users (keldeo, talonflame, dragonite, latios) all share that they're really hard to switch into and fairly easy to get in; talon and dragon are good revenge killers, lati and keld are checks to common threats. Volcarona on the other hand is fairly easy to switch into, and hard to get in because of its typing, and it is checked by perhaps the biggest offensive threats in the meta; talonflame, dragonite, charizard, keldeo, not to mention its setup forder for cm keld (which you struggle with) and sd talonflame. Finally, volc doesn't break walls. Even with the specs, it's a free switch for heatran and chansey, which can freely set up rocks or status somethings on your team.
Im talking about Volcanion, bud

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What's your hazard remover? It's pretty much mandatory with Volcanion and Mega Scizor is a really suboptimal Defogger if that's what you're using.

The other thing (and it's hard to say without a full importable) is that Volc isn't really supported by the rest of this team in terms of beating bulky waters, I guess Slowbro with Ttar but I dont even know if you're Band or Scarf. It is also your only real check to opposing Scizor which kinda puts a lot of pressure on it.

Do your Lando-T and Scizor carry U-turn? Volcanion appreciates free switches to blow stuff up. I don't really think Nidoking makes a ton of sense on this team personally since it's another breaker that can't beat bulky waters unless you run Tbolt, but still loses to Chansey too. You're also lacking real Keldeo (and Manaphy o.o) switch-ins which kinda pressures Volcanion to check those which it really shouldn't. I'd swap Nidoking out for SubSeed Serperior or something, idk. e: Latios is probably better actually lol

This isn't really a rate or whatever just more an idea of things you might want to consider when using Volcanion. Hazard removal, voltturn, other water/steel checks, and something to help it beat bulky waters/chansey

What's your hazard remover? It's pretty much mandatory with Volcanion and Mega Scizor is a really suboptimal Defogger if that's what you're using.

The other thing (and it's hard to say without a full importable) is that Volc isn't really supported by the rest of this team in terms of beating bulky waters, I guess Slowbro with Ttar but I dont even know if you're Band or Scarf. It is also your only real check to opposing Scizor which kinda puts a lot of pressure on it.

Do your Lando-T and Scizor carry U-turn? Volcanion appreciates free switches to blow stuff up. I don't really think Nidoking makes a ton of sense on this team personally since it's another breaker that can't beat bulky waters unless you run Tbolt, but still loses to Chansey too. You're also lacking real Keldeo (and Manaphy o.o) switch-ins which kinda pressures Volcanion to check those which it really shouldn't. I'd swap Nidoking out for SubSeed Serperior or something, idk.

This isn't really a rate or whatever just more an idea of things you might want to consider when using Volcanion. Hazard removal, voltturn, other water/steel checks, and something to help it beat bulky waters/chansey
Yeah sorry I should have given more informations about the sets. No hasard removal, no U-Turn on Scizor (bulky SD), Lando is defensive+U-Turn, Clefable is standard CM, Nidoking LO, Volc Specs and Tyranitar is Banded. But even without that, now I clearly see whats the problem. Thanks for your answer.

specs keldeo counter = winning 50/50s i love it <3 but anyways whats an underrated mon i could use thats not complete ass twave clef and specs keld gets boring after awhile

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Does CM/Defensive Slowking, AV Tangrowth, and LO Tornadus-T sound like a good Regenerator core? Or should Slowking be replaced with Slowbro?

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you go AV Tangrowth I'd use Slowbro so you have a better answer to physical attackers. Slowking makes more sense with Defensive Tangrowth usually

Honestly in the end it depends on the rest of your team

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
I don't have a rest of the team yet. If using Defensive Tangrowth, Slowking, and LO Torn-T, what would partner well with those?

If however, you use a Life Orb set and manage to set up a Quiver Dance, I wouldn't worry about OHKOing Quagsire and Keldeo with a Giga Drain. Even Azumarill doesn't appreciate one after Boosted SpA, a Life Orb and the 2x damage due to the type advantage. Mega-Gyarados gets shredded by Bug Buzz, Manaphy will die once the Quiver Dance is up, and the rest of the Rain Abusers die from Giga Drain.

Gastrodon also dies from Giga Drain, and Suicune... warrants a switch-out :]

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Any good mon suggestions that are not only specially bulky but can also deal out good damage as well?
This question is incredibly vague so it's kind of hard to respond properly to but I suppose mega gardevoir fits that criteria.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
hi =]

i'm curious on building a team around empoleon, what are your thoughts on it / Pokemon to run with it / movesets? it's a great stealth rock setter and defogger and i'd like to see what i can make with it :o

hi =]

i'm curious on building a team around empoleon, what are your thoughts on it / Pokemon to run with it / movesets? it's a great stealth rock setter and defogger and i'd like to see what i can make with it :o
I don't speak for everyone, but empoleon is more of a glue mon than something you build a team around. As for good partners, clefable, lando-t, garchomp, hippowdown, zygard, tangrowth, celibi come to mind. for movesets, I'd go with scald, defog, SR, and roar, with mandatory leftovers

hi =]

actually the SpD set isn't too good imo, the offensive SR / Defog set is subjectively better. 252 SpA / 252 Spe (flexible here) and a Modest (Timid maybe) and usually a Shuca Berry so it doesn't autolose to other Ground-type setters. The Moveset should be Scald (or HPump) / GKnot / Ice Beam / Utility

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
anything changed in ou in the past 4~ months
hoopa got banned, weavile stall is everywhere, nidoking is pretty good, amoonguss rose to ou, quag rose to ou, everyone uses pursuit trappers, and volcanion is here to name the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)