Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

I was going to run the AV set, but is the LO one more useful?
It depends on your teams needs
generally, with assault vest, it takes on special attackers better, but LO is more powerful (also regenerator recovers LO damage which is nice).
I use LO more often than assault vest since it's usually more useful, as the extra damage really helps it to KO stuff

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Hey guys, I just have another question here. Would Manaphy be a good partner for Clefable as a Fire type check?
manaphy is a very iffy fire type check given that heatran statuses it / shuts it down with taunt, it takes a ton from talonflame bb, zardy can solarbeam it if it wins speed tie (and mana isnt going to ohko unless its at +3), and zardx deals a million to it with claw. obviously mana and clef can find their way onto the same team but i wouldnt say manaphy is a fantastic fire check. generally you shouldnt be focusing on blanket checking types regardless as thats just not how mons works, you have to account for individual threats.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Good partners for Specs Kyu+Latios? Also would I run LO or Specs Latios on a core like this?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Good partners for Specs Kyu+Latios? Also would I run LO or Specs Latios on a core like this?
I'd say LO defog tios is nice in that core since specs kyu gets worn down really quickly by rocks and some sort of solid mega scizor switch in is really important to have with that core. Heatran is the main one that comes to mind, but obviously theres still shit like sd rocks landot that you can use if need beb.

Pastebin.com/FS0dVGwC
Im aware that there is a RMT section but this is a team i finished a couple of hours ago. tested a couple of matches and worked great ! Id like anyone to check if it has any glaring weaknes that i migth be missing

Pastebin.com/FS0dVGwC
Im aware that there is a RMT section but this is a team i finished a couple of hours ago. tested a couple of matches and worked great ! Id like anyone to check if it has any glaring weaknes that i migth be missing
So you were aware that the only posts would be telling you to post it in the RMT sections... Yet you did it anyways...

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pastebin.com/FS0dVGwC
Not gonna gove feedback 'cause I'm tored, but in future, if you want to get feedback on a team but don't want to write up an entire RMT on it you can always use the OU Bazaar to get help with regards to improving the team.

Hey guys how can I make well built team ? Like for example to reach the higher parts of the ladder ? When I build teams there are just some standard ass bullshit. I also am a newer player who ony reached 1600 Elo once. But getting some tips would help me alot more :) so any help is appreciated.

Hey guys how can I make well built team ? Like for example to reach the higher parts of the ladder ? When I build teams there are just some standard ass bullshit. I also am a newer player who ony reached 1600 Elo once. But getting some tips would help me alot more :) so any help is appreciated.
You can join Battling 101 and get a Tutor that will teach you the basics of teambuilding, or you could check this nifty guide for a few tips, even though it is a bit outdated.

How much does Tough Claws actually boost an attack? Smogon says it boosts it by 1.33x (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/abilities/tough_claws/) but Pokemon Showdown's damage calculator uses 1.3x. See comparison calcs below of Tough Claws Mega Zard X for Life Orb Mega Zard X:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 153-181 (39.8 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(153, 156, 157, 159, 161, 162, 165, 166, 168, 170, 171, 174, 175, 177, 179, 181)

252 Atk Life Orb Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 153-181 (39.8 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(153, 155, 156, 159, 160, 162, 164, 166, 168, 169, 172, 173, 175, 177, 179, 181)

Martin

How much does Tough Claws actually boost an attack? Smogon says it boosts it by 1.33x (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/abilities/tough_claws/) but Pokemon Showdown's damage calculator uses 1.3x. See comparison calcs below of Tough Claws Mega Zard X for Life Orb Mega Zard X:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 153-181 (39.8 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(153, 156, 157, 159, 161, 162, 165, 166, 168, 170, 171, 174, 175, 177, 179, 181)

252 Atk Life Orb Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 153-181 (39.8 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(153, 155, 156, 159, 160, 162, 164, 166, 168, 169, 172, 173, 175, 177, 179, 181)
It is 1.33x. It is most likely just a minor bug in the damage calculator, but the game boosts it by 1.33x. In the case of Flare Blitz, plug it into the damage formula and you get this:

252 Atk Tough Claws Zard-X vs. 0 Def Azumarill: ((2*100+10)/250)*(359/196)*120+2)*1.5*0.5*1.33=186.162=186
252 Atk Life Orb Zard-X vs. 0 Def Azumarill: ((2*100+10)/250)*(359/196)*120+2)*1.5*0.5*1.3=181.962857143=181

Idk if you apply Tough Claws directly to the BP, but if you do the output is 185 so it's minor at best.

I've been looking to start playing OU, since so many people play it, and it's easy to find a match. However, I am use to doubles, and I have always found the singles pace too slow. Is there a playstyle that isn't so slow?

Martin

I've been looking to start playing OU, since so many people play it, and it's easy to find a match. However, I am use to doubles, and I have always found the singles pace too slow. Is there a playstyle that isn't so slow?
Hi! As a past VGC'14 player I can understand where you're coming from. If you want a fast-paced playstyle, I suggest playing hyper offense. This involves overwhelming checks with cores of Pokémon that share similar checks and does not tend to fall back on defensive cores, and this can range from standard offensive cores that happen to share similar checks or cover each-other's weaknesses to typespam cores like Talonflame+Mega Pinsir, Bisharp+Weavile, Mega Lopunny+Diggersby etc. There is also VoltTurn, which gives the sensation of being fast-paced by aiming to keep momentum on your side of the field. Singles is almost always going to be slower-paced die to the way that teams are built, and there is appeal in that once you're used to it. My suggestion is to play singles but don't entirely drop doubles; this way you can still go back to it for games and the skill you've built up playing doubles won't be lost (if anything, being a good doubles player often improves yiur ability as a singles player due to it being less team-oriented and more player-oriented).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)