Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

I'm not sure whether this is a timid Celebi, but it's a pretty phenominal team with NP+BP Celebi.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/shades-of-cool.3521979/
This team is old and it seems to have some flaws like NP BP Celebi when it doesn't have great np receivers, i'd rather use SD BP if i were to use a team like that, especially when it forms a good core with Lop. But Elite Emojii, NP Celebi in general isn't that great, bulky NP BP is understandable since it can pass a spA boost to some fast sp. attacker, Mega Alakazam seems the best for that job. Celebi is not extremely good in this meta but i've used it sometimes, the only sets i've used so far are SD BP and SR setter, a problem with the mon is that it's vulnerable to U-Turn and while it apparently faces competition from Amoonguss and Tangrowth, they don't know Stealth Rock + nat cure with other support moves like Recover and T Wave is what i think that makes Celebi a fine choice in some teams, i wouldn't use the set you wanted to use because if i had to run an offensive grass type i'd use Serperior since it basically Nasty Plots in the turn it attacks due to Contrary and the extra speed is really relevant so yeah, i'd run Serp over your set and if i were to use Celebi, i'd choose a different set.

This team is old and it seems to have some flaws like NP BP Celebi when it doesn't have great np receivers, i'd rather use SD BP if i were to use a team like that, especially when it forms a good core with Lop. But Elite Emojii, NP Celebi in general isn't that great, bulky NP BP is understandable since it can pass a spA boost to some fast sp. attacker, Mega Alakazam seems the best for that job. Celebi is not extremely good in this meta but i've used it sometimes, the only sets i've used so far are SD BP and SR setter, a problem with the mon is that it's vulnerable to U-Turn and while it apparently faces competition from Amoonguss and Tangrowth, they don't know Stealth Rock + nat cure with other support moves like Recover and T Wave is what i think that makes Celebi a fine choice in some teams, i wouldn't use the set you wanted to use because if i had to run an offensive grass type i'd use Serperior since it basically Nasty Plots in the turn it attacks due to Contrary and the extra speed is really relevant so yeah, i'd run Serp over your set and if i were to use Celebi, i'd choose a different set.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I just really liked the idea of a sweeping celebi set.

I don't come here as often as I used to, so I'm a bit lost as to what possibly changed since SuMo came out. Can anyone answer these few questions?

Why are most of the threads locked in the OU discussion?

I've read that a few mons got unbanned (moved down) from ubers. seemingly Aegislash and M-Kang as well as Genesect. I may have read wrong. But If true, than any reason as to why for their unban? Did anyone also recently get banned (moved up) to ubers?

The Sun & Moon forum seems to be missing the single Pokémon discussion post. I wanted to look up some information on the new mons and see what sets people came up with. But I have no clue where to look. There's seemingly no talk about them in the OU or UU forums as well. What gives? There's at least a handful that are OU or UU worthy. So something definitely seems off.

I don't come here as often as I used to, so I'm a bit lost as to what possibly changed since SuMo came out. Can anyone answer these few questions?

Why are most of the threads locked in the OU discussion?

I've read that a few mons got unbanned (moved down) from ubers. seemingly Aegislash and M-Kang as well as Genesect. I may have read wrong. But If true, than any reason as to why for their unban? Did anyone also recently get banned (moved up) to ubers?

The Sun & Moon forum seems to be missing the single Pokémon discussion post. I wanted to look up some information on the new mons and see what sets people came up with. But I have no clue where to look. There's seemingly no talk about them in the OU or UU forums as well. What gives? There's at least a handful that are OU or UU worthy. So something definitely seems off.
Uncharted territory is the SM discussion forum until lower usage tiers like UU and RU begin to form. Most of the OU discussion is locked because it's XY discussion, and those threads were dying or needed to be wrapped up anyways. The individual discussion threads or the metagame discusssion thread should contain most of the sets people are coming up with, in the Uncharted Territory forum.

Uncharted territory is the SM discussion forum until lower usage tiers like UU and RU begin to form. Most of the OU discussion is locked because it's XY discussion, and those threads were dying or needed to be wrapped up anyways. The individual discussion threads or the metagame discusssion thread should contain most of the sets people are coming up with, in the Uncharted Territory forum.
Ah, okay. Thank you.

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I need to ask. In my last few battles, my 333 speed Garchomp somehow has moved slower than an enemy pokemon that has lower speed than it. (Mega-Blastoise with 280, a Conkledurr with 207, a Skarmory with 262, and most recently, a Kingdra with 290) There were no weather conditions out, they didn't have choice scarfs, they didn't use priority moves. How does this keep happening?

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I need to ask. In my last few battles, my 333 speed Garchomp somehow has moved slower than an enemy pokemon that has lower speed than it. (Mega-Blastoise with 280, a Conkledurr with 207, a Skarmory with 262, and most recently, a Kingdra with 290) There were no weather conditions out, they didn't have choice scarfs, they didn't use priority moves. How does this keep happening?
A few possibilities here are that you were using Dragon Tail (a - priority move on Garchomp, although not often seen on a 333 speed variant), you might have forgotten to give Garchomp speed evs and a + speed nature, your opponent used trick room or got up sticky web without you noticing, or your opponent used some sort of speed baton pass shenanigans.

A few possibilities here are that you were using Dragon Tail (a - priority move on Garchomp, although not often seen on a 333 speed variant), you might have forgotten to give Garchomp speed evs and a + speed nature, your opponent used trick room or got up sticky web without you noticing, or your opponent used some sort of speed baton pass shenanigans.
I think I was using Dragon Tail. Thanks a bunch.

I think I was using Dragon Tail. Thanks a bunch.
Stop using Dragon Tail Garchomp with max speed tho, you should only use that move on the defensive set with Rocky Helmet, check out Smogdex if you are new and don't know what the pokemon use, D.Tail is used on that set because since it's a defensive one it doesn't rely on power and it's not invested alot in speed so the negative priority is less of a drawback. The dragon STAB on the other sets depends on what you are running, it can be Outrage, Dragon Claw or Draco Meteor but again, if you don't know what to use on your set, Garchomp's Smogdex, Garchomp is a pretty versatile pokemon tho, it currently has 7 sets which is a lot and my favorites are SD + LO, LO mixed and even Tankchomp even if Landorus-T is better, it has a different typing, Rough Skin and Dragon Tail is a nice tool on teams with spikes, just not D.Tail invested in speed hahaha.

What is the easiest way to get level up moves on a pokemon you just bred that you want to use for competitive in gen 7? Should I give it exp drinks or grind it out?

What is the easiest way to get level up moves on a pokemon you just bred that you want to use for competitive in gen 7? Should I give it exp drinks or grind it out?
Welcome to Smogon! Such questions are better suited for our ingame forum, the Orange Islands, whose SQSA thread can be found here. To answer your question, Sun and Moon operate under the Gen V experience rules, in which mons that participate in battles against higher-level opponents gain more experience, so if it's XP you need, take the mon into an area with those higher-level opponents (of the EVs you need, if necessary), switch to a teammate that can handle that opponent better, and have fun quickly leveling.

Hey everyone.

I'm currently using a Latios with Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Defog and Calm Mind and I figured that I almost never find the need to use Defog since it also removes my own Stealth Rock (I don't have any kind of Spikes aswell as the Sticky Web). The problem is that my team isn't weak to entry hazards (no weaknesses to Rock, 2 Pokémons immune to Spikes, 3 Pokémons immune to Toxic Spikes + Conkeldurr who benefits from them and Sticky Web is pretty rare) so I feel like my opponent benefits more from Defog than I do... I thought about Recover but I already have Alomomola as a cleric so I don't know what I should go with... Maybe HP Fire but my Manetric-mega already has Flamethrower...

I also thought about replacing Alomomola with Chansey. Both have pros and cons so I'm undecided...

Any feedback?

EDIT: I just figured that Wish isn't a move of Chansey's unique set's despite the fact it can learn it... Is there a reason?

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

I'm currently using a Latios with Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Defog and Calm Mind and I figured that I almost never find the need to use Defog since it also removes my own Stealth Rock (I don't have any kind of Spikes aswell as the Sticky Web). The problem is that my team isn't weak to entry hazards (no weaknesses to Rock, 2 Pokémons immune to Spikes, 3 Pokémons immune to Toxic Spikes + Conkeldurr who benefits from them and Sticky Web is pretty rare) so I feel like my opponent benefits more from Defog than I do... I thought about Recover but I already have Alomomola as a cleric so I don't know what I should go with... Maybe HP Fire but my Manetric-mega already has Flamethrower...

I also thought about replacing Alomomola with Chansey. Both have pros and cons so I'm undecided...

Any feedback?
Never use Defog and Calm Mind on the same Latios set, Roost is mandatory on that since or else it gets worn down way too easily and it can't abuse CM boosts well but Roost is overall good on it because recovery on Latios is too precious, i wouldn't run it without that move because it's a shaky ZardY/Keld/Volcanion check otherwise and Lati is worn down fairly easily due to burns and life orb recoil. If you ever want to use Defog on Latios, run it over Calm Mind, having both CM and Defog is counterproductive and you just don't have the room for that, some teams are fine without hazard removal too, as long it doesn't really care about Stealth Rock and has a fine number of spike immunities, sure.

About your team: Conkeldurr is a pretty poor choice in this metagame, it's risky and there are usually much better options, the AV set suffers from being not so strong before guts boost and Drain Punch only has 75BP so you have to rely on such a thing for STAB + it's also slower than other slow pokemon such as Clefable and it's totally walled by it without Poison Jab, which i don't think it should have in the first place since it's outsped by Fable and doesn't do enough to fairies like it. Even with AV, Conkeldurr barely checks special attackers, it's way too pressured by them and it can't switch at all against most, for example Latios has Psyshock, Keldeo 2HKOes AV Conkeldurr with Secret Sword or Hydro Pump so you can imagine that other decently strong sp. attackers still do alot to it. But if it's running LO + Sheer Force, it's forced to invest on speed so it can pass other slow mons like Clefable but without AV and defensive investment, it will be pretty fragile and even with max speed, it can't outspeed even Suicune.

Also, having walls like Alomomola and Chansey on teams with offensive pokemon such as like Latios and Mega Manectric is often a bad sign since bulky pokemon don't usually synergize well with more offensive ones... but to answer the whole question we would need to know the whole team and analyze it more in-depth tho, for example bring it to the Rate my Team room on showdown, OU Bazaar or PM me on showdown to see if i can help you, just do "/user Infernal Warrior" and send me a message if you need something.

EDIT: See i edited your post, Chansey doesn't usually carry Wish since Soft Boiled is better due to instant recovery and Wish without Protect is pretty unreliable + giving her Protect is tough for moveslot reasons.

Never use Defog and Calm Mind on the same Latios set, Roost is mandatory on that since or else it gets worn down way too easily and it can't abuse CM boosts well but Roost is overall good on it because recovery on Latios is too precious, i wouldn't run it without that move because it's a shaky ZardY/Keld/Volcanion check otherwise and Lati is worn down fairly easily due to burns and life orb recoil. If you ever want to use Defog on Latios, run it over Calm Mind, having both CM and Defog is counterproductive and you just don't have the room for that, some teams are fine without hazard removal too, as long it doesn't really care about Stealth Rock and has a fine number of spike immunities, sure.

About your team: Conkeldurr is a pretty poor choice in this metagame, it's risky and there are usually much better options, the AV set suffers from being not so strong before guts boost and Drain Punch only has 75BP so you have to rely on such a thing for STAB + it's also slower than other slow pokemon such as Clefable and it's totally walled by it without Poison Jab, which i don't think it should have in the first place since it's outsped by Fable and doesn't do enough to fairies like it. Even with AV, Conkeldurr barely checks special attackers, it's way too pressured by them and it can't switch at all against most, for example Latios has Psyshock, Keldeo 2HKOes AV Conkeldurr with Secret Sword or Hydro Pump so you can imagine that other decently strong sp. attackers still do alot to it. But if it's running LO + Sheer Force, it's forced to invest on speed so it can pass other slow mons like Clefable but without AV and defensive investment, it will be pretty fragile and even with max speed, it can't outspeed even Suicune.

Also, having walls like Alomomola and Chansey on teams with offensive pokemon such as like Latios and Mega Manectric is often a bad sign since bulky pokemon don't usually synergize well with more offensive ones... but to answer the whole question we would need to know the whole team and analyze it more in-depth tho, for example bring it to the Rate my Team room on showdown, OU Bazaar or PM me on showdown to see if i can help you, just do "/user Infernal Warrior" and send me a message if you need something.

EDIT: See i edited your post, Chansey doesn't usually carry Wish since Soft Boiled is better due to instant recovery and Wish without Protect is pretty unreliable + giving her Protect is tough for moveslot reasons.
Thanks for the answer, I'll post it to the RMT thread!

Hey Guys New Player Here What Is The Best pokemon For Use In Sun and Moon overUsed?
I've been thinking About Using a Stountland Rain Team but IDK?

Any feedback?

Hey Guys New Player Here What Is The Best pokemon For Use In Sun and Moon overUsed?
I've been thinking About Using a Stountland Rain Team but IDK?

Any feedback?
Well, technically SuMo OU isn't fully evolved, but I'm not sure that a stoutland rain team is the best idea mainly because stoutland itself is outclassed. If you're going to run rain, I strongly recommend using kingdra, swampert, ferrothorn, peliepper, and other classically OU mons. As for best mon, it varies on playstyle, but probably Pheromosa.

Vague

Banned deucer.
what can wall out xurkitree
Marowak (Alolan), Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, AV Tangrowth, Chansey (do not unless you're running stall), and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting but these are generally the ones you'll commonly see right now.

Well, technically SuMo OU isn't fully evolved, but I'm not sure that a stoutland rain team is the best idea mainly because stoutland itself is outclassed. If you're going to run rain, I strongly recommend using kingdra, swampert, ferrothorn, peliepper, and other classically OU mons. As for best mon, it varies on playstyle, but probably Pheromosa.
It's SM* Not SuMo. We're not wrestling here lol.

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Hi guys, who would go well will this Torn-T set? I'm making a hyper offensive team for OU.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Superpower

Thanks for helping, if you do.

what easily sets up on rotom-w without being crippled by burn?

(no shitty berry sets - consistency)
zard-x also sets up fairly well, hydro does just about the same amount roost heals assuming they even hit all of them, while it would only take you 1 or 2 dds to sweep through a lot of teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)